Jump to content


Bretagne Panther

French Panther tier6 Tankfest

  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

XxKuzkina_MatxX #1 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:25 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,301
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

Morning guys!

 

For those of you who likes captured felines, WG added another one in today's micropatch. Supposedly it will be on sale during Tankfest.

 

Here's the in game description...

 

"This Panther modification was produced from August 1943 to June 1944. The Ausf. A modification featured a new turret and bow gun ball mounting. The observation devices also went through modernization. A total of 2300 vehicles with these modifications were produced. In 1944, after the allied landing in Normandy, some vehicles were captured by the French armed forces and used in combat against the Germans."

 

Stats

 

 

 

More Images

 

The French premium costs 3650 gold.



Major_Gitgud #2 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27983 battles
  • 1,331
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013
As a tier 6 premium this one might be decent for moneymaking to anyone who like playing tier 6, as it has excellent ap penetration, but it obviously depends on shell cost as well.

tajj7 #3 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:41 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 15,265
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

I presume its this one -

 

Interesting that it looks like it is using premium APCR as standard there (or its been selected in that tank inspector view)

 

Yeh its just the APCR round is selected in the image. 


Edited by tajj7, 20 June 2019 - 09:45 AM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #4 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:42 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,301
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostMajor_Gitgud, on 20 June 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

As a tier 6 premium this one might be decent for moneymaking to anyone who like playing tier 6, as it has excellent ap penetration, but it obviously depends on shell cost as well.

 

Standard shell costs 109 credits and the premium costs 2800 credits same as the VK 30.02 (M).

Mav75 #5 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:43 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33939 battles
  • 1,781
  • [-ZER0] -ZER0
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013
Only problem would be the crew as the Panther has a 5-man crew and French tanks have 3 or 4.

Major_Gitgud #6 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27983 battles
  • 1,331
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 June 2019 - 10:42 AM, said:

 

Standard shell costs 109 credits and the premium costs 2800 credits same as the VK 30.02 (M).

 

so it has decent potential :) as standard shell has the same penetration as other prems have on their apcr

tajj7 #7 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 15,265
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostMajor_Gitgud, on 20 June 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

 

so it has decent potential :) as standard shell has the same penetration as other prems have on their apcr

 

No if you look at the tank inspector view, you can see the shell price is 2800, so whoever took the screenshot had selected premium ammo when they took the picture. 

dunny77 #8 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5441 battles
  • 38
  • [BRIT6] BRIT6
  • Member since:
    02-18-2015
Sorry, afk at work, is that the same stats as the pudel? 

Sirebellus #9 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22351 battles
  • 996
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

 

Is it a feline, or a French Pudel ?

 

CPINnXuWoAAMo3X.jpg

 

 



Major_Gitgud #10 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:51 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27983 battles
  • 1,331
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Posttajj7, on 20 June 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

 

No if you look at the tank inspector view, you can see the shell price is 2800, so whoever took the screenshot had selected premium ammo when they took the picture. 

 

crap, i hoped that they might release one tanks that has capability of dealing with higher tiers without apcr, but its not going to happen :D 

p.s. im blind, didnt pay attention, that apcr was selected on first screenshot. but anyway its a decent gun for tier 6 med, if has at least some ability to move around


Edited by Major_Gitgud, 20 June 2019 - 09:53 AM.


XxKuzkina_MatxX #11 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:51 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,301
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postdunny77, on 20 June 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

Sorry, afk at work, is that the same stats as the pudel? 

 

More like the VK 30.02 (M) as the Pudel has a little bit more hull armor (10mm side armor) and lower power to weight ratio (15.82 vs. 16.65 hp/ton).


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 20 June 2019 - 09:53 AM.


Ch1valry #12 Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 39704 battles
  • 144
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011
A super necessary addition to the game... :sceptic:

Balc0ra #13 Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:00 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 70945 battles
  • 19,592
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View Posttajj7, on 20 June 2019 - 09:41 AM, said:

Interesting that it looks like it is using premium APCR as standard there (or its been selected in that tank inspector view)

 

Yeh its just the APCR round is selected in the image. 

 

Def Premium ammo. As 194 is the gold pen on the Pudel and the tier 6 VK.

 

View PostMajor_Gitgud, on 20 June 2019 - 09:39 AM, said:

As a tier 6 premium this one might be decent for moneymaking to anyone who like playing tier 6, as it has excellent ap penetration, but it obviously depends on shell cost as well.

 

Pudel and the German VK has 109 on the nomal ammo, and 2800 credits on gold. I suspect this will be the same. As the pen listed... is for the gold ammo.

 

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 June 2019 - 09:51 AM, said:

 

More like the VK 30.02 (M) as the Pudel has a little bit more hull armor (10mm side armor) and lower power to weight ratio (15.82 vs. 16.65 hp/ton).

 

Says 15.38 on this one with the same armor value as the VK. So where is the extra weight? Or is the image wrong?

Edited by Balc0ra, 20 June 2019 - 10:00 AM.


Major_Gitgud #14 Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:00 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27983 battles
  • 1,331
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View PostCh1valry, on 20 June 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

A super necessary addition to the game... :sceptic:

 

couldnt agree more, they should of introduced another t34-85 instead

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:10 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,301
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostBalc0ra, on 20 June 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

Says 15.38 on this one with the same armor value as the VK. So where is the extra weight? Or is the image wrong?

 

The image shows the weight is 45.5 tons and the engine power is 700 hp. So the specific power is 15.38 hp/ton because it's ~3.5 tons heavier than the VK.



undutchable80 #16 Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:24 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10791 battles
  • 3,303
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

OP:what is the source of your info & screenshots?

 

3650 gold equals roughly 14 euros, which seems alright. IF it comes unbundled /without bloatware. :sceptic:

 

WOndering about the pen of the standard shell as well as the crew layout. Would be nice to have a mid-tier premium to train up a crew for the AMX 30...



XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:34 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53201 battles
  • 4,301
  • [OBY] OBY
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View Postundutchable80, on 20 June 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

OP:what is the source of your info & screenshots?

 

3650 gold equals roughly 14 euros, which seems alright. IF it comes unbundled /without bloatware. :sceptic:

 

Wondering about the pen of the standard shell as well as the crew layout. Would be nice to have a mid-tier premium to train up a crew for the AMX 30...

 

Come on Dutch! :deer:

 

Spoiler

 

The source is an old weather satellite!



tajj7 #18 Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 27569 battles
  • 15,265
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014
Crew books kind of make low/mid tier crew trainers rather obsolete. 

undutchable80 #19 Posted 20 June 2019 - 10:38 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 10791 battles
  • 3,303
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 June 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

 

Come on Dutch! :deer:

 

Spoiler

 

The source is an old weather satellite!

 

Quota of positive votes for the day has been reached, so have good ol' +1 :great:

 

And I am off to get some coffee for missing the crew image. :bajan:



Balc0ra #20 Posted 20 June 2019 - 11:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 70945 battles
  • 19,592
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 20 June 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

 

The image shows the weight is 45.5 tons and the engine power is 700 hp. So the specific power is 15.38 hp/ton because it's ~3.5 tons heavier than the VK.

 

I noticed that, thus why I thought I ask in case my lack of morning coffee made me miss something. As I thought it was odd they gave that worse power to weight considering it even has less frontal armor vs the VK and Pudel since the modules weight the same as the Pudel too. As in a heavier engine and lighter gun vs the VK. But not that it will make a huge differnce.

 

View Posttajj7, on 20 June 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Crew books kind of make low/mid tier crew trainers rather obsolete. 

 

True. It's why this is not that vital to get for me. Tho I suspect it's better then the CDC tier for tier. But then agian not everyone can afford to waste 6 million credits to get all their new crews to 3 skills and give them BIA  and 6th sense instantly.





Also tagged with French, Panther, tier6, Tankfest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users