Jump to content


Introducing Fire Trail to the Global Map


  • Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 29,698
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Discover Global Map's latest event!

The full text of the news item

astoxos_x #2 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:16 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 45702 battles
  • 10
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    03-22-2013

Where's the incentive to play for people that already have these tanks? Practically nothing. Another end-season campaign for people that were not able to get it (I'm talking about chieftain obviously) previously to take it now. Sad.
 


Edited by astoxos_x, 20 June 2019 - 01:16 PM.


imperiumgraecum #3 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:19 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 64260 battles
  • 2,896
  • [MVPS] MVPS
  • Member since:
    01-03-2011

View Postastoxos_x, on 20 June 2019 - 02:16 PM, said:

Where's the incentive to play for people that already have these tanks? Practically nothing. Another end-season campaign for people that were not able to get it (I'm talking about chieftain obviously) previously to take it now. Sad.

 

Stop whining you scrub; you 've got extra female crew members, prem time, bonds and whatnot as side rewards.



astoxos_x #4 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 45702 battles
  • 10
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    03-22-2013

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 20 June 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

Stop whining you scrub; you 've got extra female crew members, prem time, bonds and whatnot as side rewards.

 

I love you Vasili <3

 

PanzerPjotr #5 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:28 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 45006 battles
  • 47
  • [DFPC] DFPC
  • Member since:
    03-12-2013
Again the Devil shits on the same crappile. It's all Tier X, 15 vs 15. So no possibility for the smaller clans to take part in....like Tier VI  or Tier VIII versions, that did happen in the past. My clan has about 50 members, of which maybe 20 play regularly and about 10 more every once in a while, so 15 players with a Tier X tank is a big deal for us. This means we can not take part in this Global Map event, all the goodies are not for us, such a shame! 

Edited by PanzerPjotr, 20 June 2019 - 01:31 PM.


ralesm1989 #6 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:28 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31913 battles
  • 1,929
  • [MVPS] MVPS
  • Member since:
    10-19-2012
Was only looking for T95E6 - no T95E6. :trollface:

thePhilX #7 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • WG Staff
  • 28293 battles
  • 671
  • [BLIEV] BLIEV
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

Hey guys,
main reason to play the mode is FUN guys ;) remember that it is a game and you should enjoy playing.

 

Also female crew members, bonds, premium days, styles, badges, cammos ...

CU at the battlefield

 



Bruecki2938 #8 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6749 battles
  • 409
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    12-19-2016

chieftain and 907 but no vkk.... wg logic.... incentive to play from 100 to 0 - thanks for saving my spare time!

(female crews i can get in 6 months without spending 5-6 hours per day for 11 days and putting in the effort to organize the campaign and manage the landings, etc)


Edited by Bruecki2938, 20 June 2019 - 01:37 PM.


Cobra6 #9 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:32 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • 17,088
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Another big campaign, another influx of 907's.

 

Also, Tier 6 and Tier 8 still not present in the line-up so the campaign will be an even bigger b@ll ache.

 

Still, might participate this one again if I can find the time.

 

View PostthePhilX, on 20 June 2019 - 12:29 PM, said:

main reason to play the mode is FUN guys ;) remember that it is a game and you should enjoy playing.

 

 

I challenge you to find more then 30% of people that actually find the experience of a campaign "fun", I doubt you'll find even 10%.

Campaigns are not fun and never were, they are a couple of weeks "work" for a unique tank. which has lost most of it's value anyway since it's no longer a reward for just the best players.

 

There is a reason why after most campaigns there are tons of clans disbanding and people taking days if not weeks off from WoT. Campaigns provide a lot of stress and frustration for clan management and players and in comparison for that, the rewards have always been lackluster at best.

 

Cobra 6

 


Edited by Cobra6, 20 June 2019 - 01:45 PM.


VerticalBird_ #10 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 26661 battles
  • 131
  • [RSOP] RSOP
  • Member since:
    03-12-2013
What is the reasoning behind this tank choice pool? You have the OP tanks which is good, then the first ever CW reward released, then it's missing the VK and the E6 but contains the 121b. Why don't you just have all of them there? I'm missing the VK and the competive side of this game doesn't attract me enough to play without any incentive.

_Crusad3r_ #11 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:34 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32554 battles
  • 1,629
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    11-22-2012

View PostBruecki2938, on 20 June 2019 - 12:31 PM, said:

chieftain and 907 but no vkk.... wg logic.... incentive to play from 100 to 0 - thanks for saving my spare time!

(female crews i can get on 6 months without spending 5-6 hours per day for 10 days and putting in the effort to organize the campaign and manage the landings, etc)

 

Not gonna lie but 6 months of say 12 hours a week of playing the game = 288 hours which I will round up to 300 for a nice round number compared to 10 days of 5-6 hours which only equals 50-60 hours. So if I am going to be honest I would rather play alot over 10 days to get the same rewards as I would for playing constantly for 6 months doing dumb as [edited]missions. :)

Bruecki2938 #12 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:37 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6749 battles
  • 409
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    12-19-2016

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 20 June 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

 

Not gonna lie but 6 months of say 12 hours a week of playing the game = 288 hours which I will round up to 300 for a nice round number compared to 10 days of 5-6 hours which only equals 50-60 hours. So if I am going to be honest I would rather play alot over 10 days to get the same rewards as I would for playing constantly for 6 months doing dumb as [edited]missions. :)

 

im talking about christmas female crews and not personal campaign rewards ;)

peregrine #13 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 60963 battles
  • 138
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011

Why do you announce a 10 day campaign in the middle of the summer with 2 weeks notice? Do you want people to not be able to participate? Do you just expect people to have no prior commitments? How hard can it be to outline the dates 2-3 months prior and even that is cutting it close given that people tend to go on summer holiday in the middle of the summer...

 

Just once again poor planning or plain incompetence...



Cobra6 #14 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:46 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • 17,088
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View Postperegrine, on 20 June 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Why do you announce a 10 day campaign in the middle of the summer with 2 weeks notice? Do you want people to not be able to participate? Do you just expect people to have no prior commitments? How hard can it be to outline the dates 2-3 months prior and even that is cutting it close given that people tend to go on summer holiday in the middle of the summer...

 

Just once again poor planning or plain incompetence...

 

Because they needed to translate the article into 15 languages while most people that game online can read English perfectly fine......:hiding:

 

But yes, these super short notices in a holiday period truly do not make sense.

 

Cobra 6



sutyomatic #15 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 50568 battles
  • 626
  • Member since:
    03-07-2011

If only WG could think of us, that don't have time to invest in CW.

 

I've been here since CBT and never had the opportunity to get these reward vehicles in a set of personal missions or credits + bonds. :(



BagetHatesJuice #16 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26544 battles
  • 29
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    04-20-2012
Playing for bonds :sceptic:

peregrine #17 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 60963 battles
  • 138
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011

View PostCobra6, on 20 June 2019 - 01:46 PM, said:

Because they needed to translate the article into 15 languages while most people that game online can read English perfectly fine......:hiding:

 

I do wonder if they have started translating the rules yet or if we get those after the event starts...



Bruecki2938 #18 Posted 20 June 2019 - 01:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6749 battles
  • 409
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    12-19-2016

View Postsutyomatic, on 20 June 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

If only WG could think of us, that don't have time to invest in CW.

 

I've been here since CBT and never had the opportunity to get these reward vehicles in a set of personal missions or credits + bonds. :(

 

every time the same "mimimi" - do you get paid without showing up to work? wanting the same rewards without putting in the time/effort - this classic never gets old - i like

thePhilX #19 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:00 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • WG Staff
  • 28293 battles
  • 671
  • [BLIEV] BLIEV
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postperegrine, on 20 June 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

Why do you announce a 10 day campaign in the middle of the summer with 2 weeks notice? How hard can it be to outline the dates 2-3 months prior and even that is cutting it close given that people tend to go on summer holiday in the middle of the summer...

 

View PostCobra6, on 20 June 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

But yes, these super short notices in a holiday period truly do not make sense.

 

to give you some reasoning behind this: the company is running many events over the year and different people are responsible for certain things (Frontline, Ranked Battles, Global Map, Challenges (e.g. previous TS-5), Historical Events, .... and obviously patches such as 1.5.1). This has to be coordinated for the different kind of player groups and decided what can be parallel with what. This is why concrete length as well as start and end date can change. This is not Wargaming specific and everyone with some kind of business insights knows that this is how it works in big companies with many projects running in parallel. This should explain why certain events are not announced that much time in advance.



ptCode #20 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 36386 battles
  • 24
  • [GOP] GOP
  • Member since:
    02-13-2013

View PostPanzerPjotr, on 20 June 2019 - 01:28 PM, said:

Again the Devil shits on the same crappile. It's all Tier X, 15 vs 15. So no possibility for the smaller clans to take part in....like Tier VI  or Tier VIII versions, that did happen in the past. My clan has about 50 members, of which maybe 20 play regularly and about 10 more every once in a while, so 15 players with a Tier X tank is a big deal for us. This means we can not take part in this Global Map event, all the goodies are not for us, such a shame! 

 

Stop crying

Leave your clan and join one with more active members.






7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Naxxyu