• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Bruecki2938 #21 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6749 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostthePhilX, on 20 June 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

to give you some reasoning behind this: the company is running many events over the year and different people are responsible for certain things (Frontline, Ranked Battles, Global Map, Challenges (e.g. previous TS-5), Historical Events, .... and obviously patches such as 1.5.1). This has to be coordinated for the different kind of player groups and decided what can be parallel with what. This is why concrete length as well as start and end date can change. This is not Wargaming specific and everyone with some kind of business insights knows that this is how it works in big companies with many projects running in parallel. This should explain why certain events are not announced that much time in advance.

i dont know of which "business insights" you are talking but normally staple events which occure every year around the same time are planned and set in stone months ahead..... and dynamic "short term events/action points" like final release dates/ingame events like marathons etc are put around that schedule and not vice versa.... and you also know when frontline is as they are set in stone/staple event too... so... its not like you discovered 2 days ago "wow we have a campaign during the summer".....

DeadLecter #22 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30525 battles
As if TX MM is not f-ed up enough, let's flood it with more FV chieftain tanks. Great job.

Koma_TookYourProvince #23 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 7629 battles
  • [TRVST] TRVST

I like the short length and the personal upgrades of the campaign. I dislike the rewards (if there isn`t a new reward tank you could have at least give us a choice from all the old reward tanks because right now there are players who allread have all of the 4 from this campaign but are missing the vkk or the e6), also i am missing the full rules and the goldsplit from those 8.something million. 

And there isn`t really a reason to play for top 1 for better rewards. You could have made some epic rewards for the top 1 -3 clans, but instead, it`s the 4th CW-Campaign where you get the global map legend badge which is allready owned by every pleb in this game nowdays. Give the top 3 clans unique 3d styles or one of the old esl camos but ingame that everyone can see it without the mod.

sutyomatic #24 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50615 battles

View PostBruecki2938, on 20 June 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

every time the same "mimimi" - do you get paid without showing up to work? wanting the same rewards without putting in the time/effort - this classic never gets old - i like

I don't want it "free" I want it doable without dedicating hours to CW, major difference.

I'm off to work up for about 10h a day or up to 12h if I count travling to and from my workplace. Since I can't make days longer to fit extra 2-3hours of CW WoT into my daily routine on top of work and household chores to get a pixel a tank, it is simply not worth loosing family time or sleep over it. If you can't understand that I'm sorry...

Edited by sutyomatic, 20 June 2019 - 02:22 PM.

Luonteri #25 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21846 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Excellent job wg, i really like the addition of female crew members to the rewards. Thanks!

peregrine #26 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61045 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostthePhilX, on 20 June 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

to give you some reasoning behind this: the company is running many events over the year and different people are responsible for certain things (Frontline, Ranked Battles, Global Map, Challenges (e.g. previous TS-5), Historical Events, .... and obviously patches such as 1.5.1). This has to be coordinated for the different kind of player groups and decided what can be parallel with what. This is why concrete length as well as start and end date can change. This is not Wargaming specific and everyone with some kind of business insights knows that this is how it works in big companies with many projects running in parallel. This should explain why certain events are not announced that much time in advance.

Moving the week Frontline runs is not an issue. Moving ranked battles by a week is not an issue, moving challenges is not an issue. None of those require participation over the whole duration. Frontline can be played over a stretch of 10 months, missing out one episode is not an issue. Ranked battles can be finished in less time than you allocated. Most people also don't play GM every day, Challenges can be finished in less time than allocated. Moving Patches by a week is not an issue, hell we had patches during campaigns before. Historial events, I assume it's stuff like D-Day, do not influence campaigns.

And then you have a campaign. Where most people have to play every evening, meaning they have to allocate more time than they normally would. And you expect them to do that on two weeks notice? So no, I just can't expect the reasoning. If I have to allocate resources for a project and have to allocate so much that it would block other projects I have to do it early unless it's a deadline or emergency situation. You know, because I work in a big company.

So how hard would it be to outline a rough plan for the next 6 months with all the non weekend events outlined. Not with dates, but with outlines. You know like I have to plan my projects for the year in the big company that I work for.

Bruecki2938 #27 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6749 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postsutyomatic, on 20 June 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

I don't want it "free" I want it doable without dedicating hours to CW, major difference.

I'm off to work up for about 10h a day or up to 12h if I count travling to and from my workplace. Since I can't make days longer to fit extra 2-3hours of CW WoT into my daily routine on top of work and household chores to get a pixel a tank, it is simply not worth loosing family time or sleep over it. If you can't understand that I'm sorry...

if this is your decision which is perfectly fine and understandable you have to live with the outcome - eg not getting reward tanks

or the set it up in the right context:

you won't get your additional degrees from after work evening classes if you decide its not worth it to spend the time there over family or sleep time - right?

so why should it work that way in wot and devalue the effort others bring/sacrifice? if they are willing to sacrifice their family/sleep time they should get rewarded...

Quaksen #28 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24404 battles
  • [KLKMP] KLKMP

"The event duration has also been changed. It will last 10 days."

But... it's 11 days?

"From July 04 10:00 (UTC+2) through July 15 10:00 (UTC+2)"

Which means: 4., 5., 6., 7., 8., 9., 10., 11., 12., 13., 14.

:unsure:

Bruecki2938 #29 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6749 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View Postperegrine, on 20 June 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

Moving the week Frontline runs is not an issue. Moving ranked battles by a week is not an issue, moving challenges is not an issue. None of those require participation over the whole duration. Frontline can be played over a stretch of 10 months, missing out one episode is not an issue. Ranked battles can be finished in less time than you allocated. Most people also don't play GM every day, Challenges can be finished in less time than allocated. Moving Patches by a week is not an issue, hell we had patches during campaigns before. Historial events, I assume it's stuff like D-Day, do not influence campaigns.

And then you have a campaign. Where most people have to play every evening, meaning they have to allocate more time than they normally would. And you expect them to do that on two weeks notice? So no, I just can't expect the reasoning. If I have to allocate resources for a project and have to allocate so much that it would block other projects I have to do it early unless it's a deadline or emergency situation. You know, because I work in a big company.

So how hard would it be to outline a rough plan for the next 6 months with all the non weekend events outlined. Not with dates, but with outlines. You know like I have to plan my projects for the year in the big company that I work for.

basically what ive said in "nice" - i fully agree - ++

thePhilX #30 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 28293 battles
  • [BLIEV] BLIEV

View PostBruecki2938, on 20 June 2019 - 01:14 PM, said:

... normally staple events which occure every year around the same time are planned and set in stone months ahead ...

Gambit was in December - Soldiers of Fortune in January
Arms Race was in June - Firetrail in July

so as you can see, it is not always at the same time, but if it helps you to know, that there might be an event in the winter period, I can tell you, that there might be one :P

Luonteri #31 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21846 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostPanzerPjotr, on 20 June 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Again the Devil shits on the same crappile. It's all Tier X, 15 vs 15. So no possibility for the smaller clans to take part in....like Tier VI  or Tier VIII versions, that did happen in the past. My clan has about 50 members, of which maybe 20 play regularly and about 10 more every once in a while, so 15 players with a Tier X tank is a big deal for us. This means we can not take part in this Global Map event, all the goodies are not for us, such a shame! 

Why would they give tier 10 reward tanks for playing tier 6/8 clan wars? :facepalm:

SlyMeerkat #32 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18060 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

I would really love to take part in a Campaign sometime with a decent clan that will accept me as i have always wanted to take part in these for a while now..... I'm not a bad player by any means (Least i hope not) but i think for a majority of good clans they will see my stats and notice i dont play many tier 10 which is mostly because of Randoms being so ridiculous it puts me off and just rubbish but in a Clan environment where its organised and better teamwork i will enjoy much, much more and so i would really like some sort of trial run in that kind of atmosphere as well just to see if it is my cup of tea or not.

I want to play and get better and by doing so means joining a better clan than what i am in but i just cant seem to find one for me :(

Luonteri #33 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 21846 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostCobra6, on 20 June 2019 - 02:32 PM, said:

Another big campaign, another influx of 907's.

Also, Tier 6 and Tier 8 still not present in the line-up so the campaign will be an even bigger b@ll ache.

Still, might participate this one again if I can find the time.

I challenge you to find more then 30% of people that actually find the experience of a campaign "fun", I doubt you'll find even 10%.

Campaigns are not fun and never were, they are a couple of weeks "work" for a unique tank. which has lost most of it's value anyway since it's no longer a reward for just the best players.

There is a reason why after most campaigns there are tons of clans disbanding and people taking days if not weeks off from WoT. Campaigns provide a lot of stress and frustration for clan management and players and in comparison for that, the rewards have always been lackluster at best.

Cobra 6

I enjoy the competitive game modes, be it ranked or campaigns. I like the tryharding, communication and tactics because if all this works, winning means a lot more to me.

thePhilX #34 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 28293 battles
  • [BLIEV] BLIEV

View Postperegrine, on 20 June 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

Moving the week Frontline runs is not an issue. Moving ranked battles by a week is not an issue, moving challenges is not an issue. None of those require participation over the whole duration. Frontline can be played over a stretch of 10 months, missing out one episode is not an issue. Ranked battles can be finished in less time than you allocated. Most people also don't play GM every day, Challenges can be finished in less time than allocated. This might be true for you, but not for others.

And then you have a campaign. Where most people have to play every evening, meaning they have to allocate more time than they normally would. And you expect them to do that on two weeks notice? So no, I just can't expect the reasoning. If I have to allocate resources for a project and have to allocate so much that it would block other projects I have to do it early unless it's a deadline or emergency situation. You know, because I work in a big company. While you take 100% of the campaign time, others might only need 50% of the time to get in the tank ranks. For those, they might need the full time of a challenge or the ranked battles, you can not generalize that for the complete audience. Different players have different priorities within the game and different speed reaching certain goals.

So how hard would it be to outline a rough plan for the next 6 months with all the non weekend events outlined. Not with dates, but with outlines. You know like I have to plan my projects for the year in the big company that I work for. Would you share those internal company information that might impact your revenue (or other KPIs) with your customers.

Tearless #35 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19948 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE
Do we have an idea of what times the event will be in the afternoons? (im new to this sort of thing)

thePhilX #36 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• WG Staff
  • 28293 battles
  • [BLIEV] BLIEV

View PostTearless, on 20 June 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Do we have an idea of what times the event will be in the afternoons? (im new to this sort of thing)

there are 4 zones called primetimes, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00 and 22:00 (Central European Summer Time). This are the start times of the landing tournaments. A tournament can take multiple hours (depends on the amount of battles, up to ~ 2h)

Tearless #37 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 19948 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

View PostthePhilX, on 20 June 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

there are 4 zones called primetimes, 19:00, 20:00, 21:00 and 22:00 (Central European Summer Time). This are the start times of the landing tournaments. A tournament can take multiple hours (depends on the amount of battles, up to ~ 2h)

Ok, thank you. :)

TungstenHitman #38 Posted 20 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28904 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS
Ok so from watching the vid this appears to be just another thing which gifts free strong tanks for the top 1% of this game?. This news or game mode is of little interest or use to me and the other 99% of the playerbase then, apart from the trading bonds for tanks I guess... and I suppose you can reduce the cost of those bonds required by playing this cannon fodder to top 1% gold spamming game mode? Maybe I picked up on it wrong, that seemed to be the gist of it. 

WindSplitter1 #39 Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18873 battles
  • [DTPT] DTPT
Is this the game mode where there is a front that is built specifically for FAME players?

alion_hero #40 Posted 20 June 2019 - 03:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44062 battles
  • [_ELF_] _ELF_

WG consider following issues with campaign :

-at some point fame point will be not possible to invest either in clan bonus or in personal bonus

-issues with global map like : log in ; battle schedule; delay in setting up the opponent; etc., etc.

-player migration on last 4 days in bigger clans in order to compete with the best like ekeeboo  from WG staff  have mentioned in last campaign,  and get the reward tank (why not :playing: it is fair play )

- technical victory not fixed (example: your team is complete before start of battle---your opponent do not show in battle =victory but no fame points ....:teethhappy:) but technical defeat works.

If i have forgot some issues please understand they are so many which were not fixed ............ever...  :child:

Good luck on battlefield :harp:

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Putyuli