Unexpected kindness in gameplay!

#kindness #ht11 #t55a

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MPV_11 #1 Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:06 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34196 battles

Once in a while people surprise you. We often read about the toxicity in the game so I'd like to counter that with an act of kindness by my team mates.

I've not been paying too much attention to the T55A missions but it seems I'm only a few missions away from winning this tank so decided to actually focus on finishing the 3 or 4 missions I have left to complete. Of course once I started focussing on them my gameplay just fell apart and I was struggling with missions that normally shouldn't be too hard - such as HT11 (cause 3000 dmg and have no crew or module damage at the end of the game). I either easily achieved the 3000 dmg and died or survived with under 3000 dmg (once with 2999 dmg...).

I was pulling my hair out until a game on Pilsen with my 60TP firing gold like a unicum. I was on about 2,800 dmg and bouncing and missing loads of shots that I should have penned (a mixture of rng and sheer incompetence). We were winning easily and suddenly there was just a lone Lorr 40t left alive with about half his HP right on the east side of the map whilst I was on the western city part of the map. As most of you know the 60TP isn't the fastest of tanks and there were two team mates almost on top of the Lorr 40t plus another couple charging ahead of me and arty on a reload. With more wistfulness than hope I typed into chat 'I just need 200 more damage let me kill the Lorr pls'. A couple of 'negatives' popped up but also some 'affirmatives' so without much hope I continued to trundle across the map towards the Lorr 40t.

And this was when it happened. The 2 or 3 tanks that could have easily killed the Lorr 40t just poked on him to keep him spotted whilst arty although ready, held his fire! I pushed the W key harder (because we all know that works to speed up your tank) hoping against all hope and wondering whether my team mates were playing an evil joke on me. But then I reached the ridge/railway line (whatever it is) and the Lorr 40t was still alive. So I trundled over the ridge (not even thinking in my excitement that the Lorr could fire on me causing crew or module damage) and with unicum panache blew the poor little Lorr 40t apart with a skill round!

HT11 completed thanks to my team mates who let me take the shot even though they could have killed the Lorr 40t themselves. So a big shout out to all of them.

Unfortunately I don't have the replay (so it didn't really happen) which is sad because this is one that deserves to be posted.

Hagane1 #2 Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19901 battles
  • [LFIRE] LFIRE
I'm really happy to read about your experience and thanks for sharing it. I've encountered situations like this too and I hope your post also inspires newcomers who have met with harsh criticism in-game. I always thank people after they invite me to a platoon for the good game (if all really tried) afterward, or if a potential loss is turned into a win by a one or more players. Keep up the good work, nice meeting you and good luck in your future battles.

Lagalaza #3 Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:42 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7088 battles
  • [D-ANG] D-ANG

One of my first battles in the Jagdpanther. Bottom tier but thankfully not stock (i've learnt that lesson and generally have most modules covered with free xp before I move up a tank). On Studzianki I said at the start that it was one of my first battles in the tank so I would do my best but any advice welcome. Someone in a Jagdtiger said "follow me" and proceeded to tell me in chat where to go and where to focus. We both had a pretty good battle and I'm convinced he "gave me" a few shots too. There were definitely occasions where an enemy came into view and he/she let me have the shot.

It was a good lesson and it certainly meant he/she didn't have as successful a battle as he/she might have done. Then had a message chat after battle where I was given some more helpful advice about the tank itself and TD play in general. Wish I had noted the players name or at least friend requested, but didn't think at the time.

There is kindness out there!!

Edited by Lagalaza, 21 June 2019 - 12:43 PM.

Kartoshkaya #4 Posted 21 June 2019 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26085 battles
I would have killed the lorraine, and then laughed at you crying in private message.
Some people really don't know how to enjoy wot nowadays.

mateyflip #5 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34856 battles
  • [-NMZ-] -NMZ-
Nice, positive story mate well played and especially well played to your team mates.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #6 Posted 21 June 2019 - 04:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8704 battles
Nice

undutchable80 #7 Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:19 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10833 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostLagalaza, on 21 June 2019 - 12:42 PM, said:

One of my first battles in the Jagdpanther. Bottom tier but thankfully not stock (i've learnt that lesson and generally have most modules covered with free xp before I move up a tank). On Studzianki I said at the start that it was one of my first battles in the tank so I would do my best but any advice welcome. Someone in a Jagdtiger said "follow me" and proceeded to tell me in chat where to go and where to focus. We both had a pretty good battle and I'm convinced he "gave me" a few shots too. There were definitely occasions where an enemy came into view and he/she let me have the shot.

It was a good lesson and it certainly meant he/she didn't have as successful a battle as he/she might have done. Then had a message chat after battle where I was given some more helpful advice about the tank itself and TD play in general. Wish I had noted the players name or at least friend requested, but didn't think at the time.

There is kindness out there!!

Nice! When I was a noob, I ended up in a 1 vs 4 situation in my bottom tier Tiger 131. Feeling completely overwhelmed and under pressure (also because some in chat were telling me to die quickly noob and other useless comments) one player started coaching me through the situation; telling me to go here, hold my shot until the spotted enemy was behind a second bush (I didnt know about double bushing at the time), relocate there, be patient, etc etc. Eventually ended up in a 1 vs 1, but the last opponent had too much hp left and I died. I thanked him in chat afterwards and one of the things he wrote me still stuck with me: "we all started off as noobs, some people tend to forget that". He added me to his friends list and we tooned a couple of times afterwards, still giving me tips and critiques when I died too early (which happened and still happens a lot!). Eventually I signed up to his clan, so I could be forever a noob! :B

DuncaN_101 #8 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

Major

• Player
  • 55236 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
Hard to believe but yes there are nice players out there.

Karasu_Hidesuke #9 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16375 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Glad this was the first thread of the day I looked at. Gz! :honoring:

arthurwellsley #10 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:53 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53837 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Sending this back to the top, as it is always nice to have a positive thread, and to prove other players can be understanding about Personal Missions.

SaintMaddenus #11 Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 37080 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKartoshkaya, on 21 June 2019 - 12:53 PM, said:

I would have killed the lorraine, and then laughed at you crying in private message.
Some people really don't know how to enjoy wot nowadays.

worst thing about this game is I really can't tell if they are joking or not :confused:  :teethhappy:

Kartoshkaya #12 Posted 24 June 2019 - 12:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26085 battles

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 24 June 2019 - 10:54 AM, said:

worst thing about this game is I really can't tell if they are joking or not :confused:  :teethhappy:

Not at all. Why help another player to get a tank they'll possibly use against you in another game ?

I do pretty much all my missions alone. Being able to finish the mission by myself is part of the mission. I despite players begging for the help of other players to get their missions done. For me taking the kill is extra credits and xp, why would I help him when I Can help myself ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users