Jump to content


Must have light tanks?

Light tanks Grind best top tier suggestions

  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

toldjah #1 Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12514 battles
  • 30
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

Yo Commanders!

 

I recently rediscovered my love for the lights, and wanted to know which light tanks are a must have, especially for clan wars!

Currently I've got these light tanks:

BatChat 12t

59-16

T-50-2

VK2801

T71 DA

AMD178B

MT-25

 

I'm especially enjoying the 59-16 and the Batchat 12t at the moment, if anyone has any recommendations for some unique or powerful light tanks then please let me know! I need to know what to grind for!

 

Cheers Chaps!

Toldjah

 



Nethraniel #2 Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 14357 battles
  • 2,426
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
T-54 ltw. and T-100 LT

shikaka9 #3 Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 69437 battles
  • 742
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
Leopard, SPIC, T49 must have for fun :) 

Geno1isme #4 Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:54 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 47375 battles
  • 10,217
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
For clan activities at T10: T100, EBR105; at T8 one of the premiums probably (LT432, HWK30, EBR75)

Kartoshkaya #5 Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26656 battles
  • 763
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015
BC25t

toldjah #6 Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12514 battles
  • 30
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostGeno1isme, on 21 June 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

For clan activities at T10: T100, EBR105; at T8 one of the premiums probably (LT432, HWK30, EBR75)

Thanks Geno, I think the LT432 seems the strongest in my opinion, will have to pick one up eventually!

View Postshikaka9, on 21 June 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

Leopard, SPIC, T49 must have for fun :) 

I've not heard much about the leo or SPIC, but the T49 does look cool! what makes the Leo or SPIC so fun? they seem normal to me :D

View PostNethraniel, on 21 June 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

T-54 ltw. and T-100 LT

Thanks! I'll check them both out!

12:58 Added after 0 minutes

View PostKartoshkaya, on 21 June 2019 - 12:56 PM, said:

BC25t

 

I'm going for it, don't worry! on the BC 25t AP right now :D

Is it really that good? it sounds awesome from what I've heard!



XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:03 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 53231 battles
  • 4,624
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
The AMX 13 90 is an amazing tank, surprised no one mentioned that so far. At tier 4 the Pz 38 (t) naturally aspirated is so much fun to play! :)

shikaka9 #8 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:04 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 69437 battles
  • 742
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

View Posttoldjah, on 21 June 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

I've not heard much about the leo or SPIC, but the T49 does look cool! what makes the Leo or SPIC so fun? they seem normal to me :D

 

 

Destroying tanks , foolin around, making enemy angry ... you know having a lot FUN :D



NUKLEAR_SLUG #9 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33544 battles
  • 4,073
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
T49. Both flavours of gun have their place. 

arthurwellsley #10 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:05 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 54054 battles
  • 4,016
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Posttoldjah, on 21 June 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Yo Commanders!

 

I recently rediscovered my love for the lights, and wanted to know which light tanks are a must have, especially for clan wars!

Currently I've got these light tanks:

BatChat 12t

59-16

T-50-2

VK2801

T71 DA

AMD178B

MT-25

 

I'm especially enjoying the 59-16 and the Batchat 12t at the moment, if anyone has any recommendations for some unique or powerful light tanks then please let me know! I need to know what to grind for!

 

Cheers Chaps!

Toldjah

 

 

1. Light tanks are extremely rarely used in CW current meta. (see caveat below).

2. The tier X French wheeled vehicle sees some CW use.

3. If a CW commander does want a tier X light tank then the only choice is the USSR tier X the T-100 LT.

 

4. Occassional tier VI CW is dominated by the premium Tpye 64 and the T37. The 59-16 used to be good but once WG took away it's auto loader it lost it's usefullness.

 

5. Tier VIII CW if a light is used is dominated by the LT-432. The M41 90GF also has it's uses as does the Panhard EBR 75. All three of which are premium purchases.

 

6. You will note from the above that when the light tanks took a huge nerf in Patch 9.18 they became far less fun and far less useful than they were prior to that huge nerf they all took. The 59-16 is a classic example of what used to be a fantastic fun tank with a unique auto loader nerfed to anemic oblivion. The vk28.01 used to be really decent with the short 105mm gun, so WG removed that as well.

 

7. While light tanks can be fun, they are not nearly as much fun as they were prior to patch 9.18 with perhaps one single exception. That single exception is the AMX 13 57. Designed to be capable of meeting three tiers higher, it now does not. Thus despite receiving no stat buffs, it now has a so much kinder mm that it's hilariously good.

 

8. I have always liked light tanks and have in my garage all full equipped and crewed (the tech tree ones only in that aspect);

T-100, T54 ltwt, LTTB, MT-25, T50-2, LT-432

T37, T92, T49

59-16, Type 64, Type 62, WZ 132, WZ 132A

Luchs, Leopard, vk28.01, M41 90GF, Spahpanzer RU251

AMX 13 57, EBR75, Lynx, Bat. Chat 12t, Even 90, AMX 13 90, AMX 13 105

 

Thus from the above you can see I have tier X in USSR and France (both with girl crews and five perks) but kept both tier IXs as I enjoyed them. I have a selection at tier VI and tier VIII. But the only tier VII that I both with is the AMX 13 57.

 

Plus all the free low tier light tanks I never sold.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 21 June 2019 - 02:17 PM.


toldjah #11 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12514 battles
  • 30
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View Postarthurwellsley, on 21 June 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

 

1. Light tanks are extremely rarely used in CW current meta. (see caveat below).

2. The tier X French wheeled vehicle sees some CW use.

3. If a CW commander does want a tier X light tank then the only choice is the USSR tier X the T-100 LT.

 

4. Occassional tier VI CW is dominated by the premium Tpye 64 and the T37. The 59-16 used to be good but once WG took away it's auto loader it lost it's usefullness.

 

5. Tier VIII CW if a light is used is dominated by the LT-432. The M41 90GF also has it's uses as does the Panhard EBR 75. All three of which are premium purchases.

 

6. You will note from the above that when the light tanks took a huge nerf in Patch 9.18 they became far less fun and far less useful than they were prior to that huge nerf they all took. The 59-16 is a classic example of what used to be a fantastic fun tank with a unique auto loader nerfed to anemic oblivion. The vk28.01 used to be really decent with the short 105mm gun, so WG removed that as well.

 

7. While light tanks can be fun, they are not nearly as much fun as they were prior to patch 9.18 with perhaps one single exception. That single exception is the AMX 13 57. Designed to be capable of meeting three tiers higher, it now does not. Thus despite receiving no stat buffs, it now has a so much kinder mm that it's hilariously good.

 

I appreciate you taking the time to give a detailed reply.

 

I understand what you're saying and I think you're absolutely right, light tanks are struggling a bit at the moment, the T-100 LT gets mentioned a lot, so I think I'm going to have to get one soon!

The wheeled lights are okay, but they're not really my playstyle, I very much enjoy tanks like the BatChat or T71, however I will continue to slowly grind through the wheeled tanks, maybe things will get more exciting once I'm able to travel at the speed of sound, then things will be more interesting :D The AMD is not particularly impressive imo.

 

I saw a bunch of videos on the AMX 13 57 and seriously want one! I had better keep an eye out for when it's next available :)

 

Thanks again,

Toldjah

13:18 Added after 0 minutes

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 21 June 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

T49. Both flavours of gun have their place. 

 

I think you're absolutely right, I really want one, I'd totally forgot about the T49!
13:18 Added after 1 minute

View Postshikaka9, on 21 June 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

 

Destroying tanks , foolin around, making enemy angry ... you know having a lot FUN :D

 

That does sound fun! but I'm still not sure what makes them different to other lights?

Laur_Balaur_XD #12 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37107 battles
  • 853
  • [CTRL-] CTRL-
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

tier 6 : Type 64

 

tier 7: AMX 13-57

 

tier 8: LT-432

          M41-90 GF

          EBR 75

 

tier 9: AMX 13-90

 

tier 10: T100LT

            EBR 105



toldjah #13 Posted 21 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12514 battles
  • 30
  • [W0WW] W0WW
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 21 June 2019 - 01:19 PM, said:

tier 6 : Type 64

 

tier 7: AMX 13-57

 

tier 8: LT-432

          M41-90 GF

          EBR 75

 

tier 9: AMX 13-90

 

tier 10: T100LT

            EBR 105

 

Thank you!!!

Very useful list :)

 

I think I'll get the AMX 13 90 next then!



Bordhaw #14 Posted 21 June 2019 - 07:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 14492 battles
  • 4,502
  • Member since:
    01-29-2017

View Posttoldjah, on 21 June 2019 - 12:49 PM, said:

Must have light tanks?

 

M5A1

 

 



Ziurawka #15 Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:43 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 24428 battles
  • 492
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

WZ-131 is really good but often overlooked due to lack of burst potential. 

It's not as good as T71 DA in most situations but it's less wonky while driving around and the gun's alpha (+HE damage) is pretty good. 

If you liked the 59-16 you should be able to adapt to this one too. 

The tier VIII sucks badly in comparison however ... Got it, took it for a spin, couldn't hit / pen anything, left it to gather dust.

 

As for french tanks  - 13 75 is the sweetspot of the line for me. 

I prefer it to 13 57 cause it's more consistent (yes I have both).

Sure it can't do those crazy 1 clip finishes on tier VIIIs but the magazine potential is decent.

If you aim properly you'll have way more pens than on 13 57, especially at mid-long range.

 

 

 



mjs_89 #16 Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:00 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7879 battles
  • 744
  • [95137] 95137
  • Member since:
    08-16-2017

View Posttoldjah, on 21 June 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

I saw a bunch of videos on the AMX 13 57 and seriously want one! I had better keep an eye out for when it's next available

 

 

 

It's available right now btw...

Makotti #17 Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:02 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 15271 battles
  • 361
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-04-2010
Can’t say about clan wars but at randoms I really enjoy EVEN. With good crew and food it’s really fun little bugger.

vasilinhorulezz #18 Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:43 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 26463 battles
  • 1,841
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

Short answer: None

 

Long answer: None



Bruckio #19 Posted 22 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 24518 battles
  • 2,829
  • [ST0RM] ST0RM
  • Member since:
    01-05-2017

Even90


Best Scout in Game.



TankkiPoju #20 Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:38 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 22987 battles
  • 7,053
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

View PostLaur_Balaur_XD, on 21 June 2019 - 02:19 PM, said:

tier 6 : Type 64

 

tier 7: AMX 13-57

 

tier 8: LT-432

          M41-90 GF

          EBR 75

 

tier 9: AMX 13-90

 

tier 10: T100LT

            EBR 105

 

+1

 

In short: light tanks with actual firepower instead of a pop pop gun. HWK30 is better than M41 GF IMHO though.

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users