How can I not see this guy?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BadAnti #1 Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:34 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1837 battles

This guy was able to shoot me repeatedly and his tank was lit up the entire time but I never saw his outline. I am even looking directly at where he is shooting me from in the attached jpg. I spent the whole time scanning for him and not once did I ever see him and the spot he was at? It was just a ridge with no rocks or anything. He had to be poking over the ridge. How does this happen? Not the first time either.

How can I not see him..JPG

r00barb #2 Posted 21 June 2019 - 10:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26740 battles
Replay, please. The attached screenshot tells us nothing about the situation.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70974 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

A: That screen doesn't help one bit, as it's not from the situation you explained.

B: Terrain hitbox and terrain polygons are not the same things. If you run the game on lower terrain details. You get fewer polygons, and the hitbox doesn't line up with the terrain. And thus aiming at the target won't show that outline as the client don't line up with what the server says.

C: Some maps are still flawed. As in it don't matter what detail level you have the game on, the hitbox is smaller or bigger than the default terrain line. And since it's the hitbox that dictates if you can see the tank or not. And not the terrain line. There are a few spots still like that around. But those that remain are in less common fight spots. Then you have some even on buildings. The red house on along the north part of the lake at the edge of town on Live Oaks is one such house. The stair hitbox on the north side of the house is 4x bigger than the stairs model. So you won't get an outline if he backs up behind that etc.  And if you cut the corner on that house going up the hill, you will crash into nothing. That has been there for 3 patches.

BadAnti #4 Posted 22 June 2019 - 03:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1837 battles
I don't have the replay saved but I have replays turned on now. Thanks for the description of the hitbox issue.

Lagalaza #5 Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:22 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7088 battles
  • [D-ANG] D-ANG

Hi OP,

I've played on two different computers with different graphics capabilities and find what you describe happening on the lower spec model. The recticle is on the middle of the tank and I can see him, but no hitbox and all shots miss. Found I have to move slightly to get the hitbox to light up. Happened yesterday in FL mode when fighting a Prog. I could see his top half but he wouldn't light up. Had to go higher on the ridge line to get my shots away. If you are running the game on a lower end pc, that is probably the reason.

Hope this helps.

Lagalaza

jack_timber #6 Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 38491 battles
I had similar in that you can see the Red tank, usually behind rubble yet can't lock onto target, probably can't lock onto 'hitbox' shame mind you.... 

Bordhaw #7 Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:39 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14134 battles

View PostBadAnti, on 21 June 2019 - 09:34 PM, said:

This guy was able to shoot me repeatedly and his tank was lit up the entire time but I never saw his outline. I am even looking directly at where he is shooting me from in the attached jpg. I spent the whole time scanning for him and not once did I ever see him and the spot he was at? It was just a ridge with no rocks or anything. He had to be poking over the ridge. How does this happen? Not the first time either.

How can I not see him..JPG

Dragos_CS #8 Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20767 battles
  • [REZIS] REZIS

This might also be a hitbox issue with the Lorraine 40t. It has happened several times in FL that a lorraine peeked a ridge with the turret only and aiming at the turret just wouldnt pick up the hitbox and the shots just arced over as if i shot the skybox.

This is a known bug but it seems to occur more often with the lorraine, at least for me.

Also WG map textures LOL.

bitslice #9 Posted 23 June 2019 - 01:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23934 battles

I've seen something related in game, I can see the tank moving in the bushes behind a ridge but I can't get them to light up.

Sometimes firing a shot will hit though

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users