Who else plays this game eventough they dont enjoy it?

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Poll: Who else plays this game eventough they dont enjoy it? (94 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you still enjoy the game like you used to years ago?

1. Yes (31 votes [32.98%])

Percentage of vote: 32.98%

2. Sometimes (36 votes [38.30%])

Percentage of vote: 38.30%

3. No (27 votes [28.72%])

Percentage of vote: 28.72%

Vote Hide poll

WaifuRacer #1 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23138 battles
I dont think its a secret that for years now this game is not fun, and the only reason a lot of us play it is because there isnt a DIRECT-DIRECT competitor. And before the WT comments: yes I tried wt, actually have about 50 hours in it, its fun, but it doesnt give me the joy and satisfaction wot used to, but sadly wot doesnt give this satisfaction anymore, or should I say it gives it 1 game out of 30... And no I dont think I became worse, in fact Im continuously improving my wn8 all the time (except weekends) but its just not fun anymore, even when I have 4, 5, 6k dmg, most of the time I dont feel the satisfaction it used to give me...
Who else feels the same? Ive been playing for a few weeks, and then a month brake and then a week play and then a month brake and repeat... The only reason I come back is that there isnt a game that gets me real hooked like wot did...
Am I addicted or this game is just good and terrible at the same time?
(Inb4 I get banned again for saying the game is not in a good state... Some moderators are abusing their power ngl)

wremise #2 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51456 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

I dont know why I waste my time in this game... it isnt even fun sometimes...

But I can stop playing the game ASAP, not playing for weeks, and then just out of nothing i came back, and get hocked again, only to get frusturated of it some times later...

r00barb #3 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

I wasn't having fun so I stopped playing for a few months. I came back for the French TD marathon, stopped again after finishing it and I'm playing tonight for the first time since then. It's proving to be quite fun with the usual occasional frustration but I'm enjoying it, otherwise I'd do something else again. The game has its addictive qualities but IMO no more than any other game.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #4 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8567 battles

I use it as a kind of therapy, an alternative form of light relief

Can't read news items anymore, a  huge steaming pile of depressing propaganda

WoT can be frustrating at times, can be a lot of fun at times

Not expecting too much from myself, no vents, BIA or food as well as other unmentionables means you are going to get out spotted out camo'd and shot to chit most of the time

WoT is very reasonable entertainment compared to the brain dead alternatives out there

Frontline is vastly superior to the Randoms because of the equal tier MM IMO, the more entertaining reasonably fair gameplay is very noticeable

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 21 June 2019 - 11:48 PM.

unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19390 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostWaifuRacer, on 21 June 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

I dont think its a secret that for years now this game is not fun, and the only reason a lot of us play it is because there isnt a DIRECT-DIRECT competitor. And before the WT comments: yes I tried wt, actually have about 50 hours in it, its fun, but it doesnt give me the joy and satisfaction wot used to, but sadly wot doesnt give this satisfaction anymore, or should I say it gives it 1 game out of 30... And no I dont think I became worse, in fact Im continuously improving my wn8 all the time (except weekends) but its just not fun anymore, even when I have 4, 5, 6k dmg, most of the time I dont feel the satisfaction it used to give me...
Who else feels the same? Ive been playing for a few weeks, and then a month brake and then a week play and then a month brake and repeat... The only reason I come back is that there isnt a game that gets me real hooked like wot did...
Am I addicted or this game is just good and terrible at the same time?
(Inb4 I get banned again for saying the game is not in a good state... Some moderators are abusing their power ngl)

I would guess, based on personal feelings, that after a certain time spent playing any game, the novelty has worn off, the player becomes a little "stuck in a rut", and jaded. 

There have been a lot of changes to WoT recently, as in the last couple of years, and it is entirely possible that some players found the changes hard to come to terms with. That leads to looking back to earlier days with a bit of nostalgia, and that in itself doesnt help. Added to the fact the WoT was unique, you have a recipe for addiction, combined with frustration. Signs, perhaps, that it is time to move on? 

I had to take a break due to PC breaking down, and the only alternative PC I had access to wouldnt run WoT to the level I was used to. I started playing a couple of other games with clan mates who had decided to take a break from WoT. These games are fun at the moment, but they dont have the pull on me that WoT does, so I am sure I will back playing more frequently very soon. 

This game is addictive, and it is also both good and terrible at the same time. 

Dorander #6 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21014 battles
Bit of a biased question isn't it. Do I still enjoy this game like I used to years ago, no, of course not. It's normal to enjoy things a bit less after you've done them for years, and the excitement of the new experience wears off and gets replaced with familiarity.

Xandania #7 Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40523 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

Voted yes, but it would be more like "again".

I use to take breaks whenever this game is becoming a chore or just being plain boring.

onderschepper #8 Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2060 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

I went with "Sometimes" as I believe this is most representative of my experiences.

Weekdays during term time between the hours of 0900 and 1530 (+/-) the games are enjoyable regardless of the outcome, and the chat remains polite and conducive either way. :honoring:

Evenings, weekends and school holidays...........................hit and miss, but mostly miss! :facepalm:

Edit: I shall be a sad panda when my annual leave comes to an end. :arta:

Edited by onderschepper, 22 June 2019 - 12:38 AM.

I_Gutmensch_Deluxe_I #9 Posted 22 June 2019 - 12:52 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 17927 battles
  • [NASO] NASO

Fun... it's pure stress because of the statistics (dpg, wn8, wr).

I mIght would have Fun if there wasn't any stats in this Game...  but on the other Hand, stats are the only Reason for me to play.

I know, i am a poor Guy.

8126Jakobsson #10 Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:27 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 76654 battles

Answer to title and poll question goes against each other so I suspect there to be some wrong clickings here. :P

Hard to say if my enjoyment is the same but in general it should be. Or maybe even more. The new and exciting aspect is down, naturally, but then there is enjoyment of understanding and mastering (ok that might be a too strong word, but you get it) the game added instead. I still like to vroom-vroom and pew-pew with my pixel tanks. :child:

Hagane1 #11 Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 19892 battles
  • [LFIRE] LFIRE
This game has been quite an experience, and I voted sometimes because of the cloud of toxic stat-padders that ruin for the rest of the player base. The snobbish flamers take the fun out of the game, so I take occasional WoT breaks sometimes. Currently I'm having more fun at War Thunder because simply due to the playerbase. There are fewer stat-oriented flamers there so it feels as if I'm playing a game rather than having to go through the frustration of the flamers every time. This is also the reason why I voted yes in this thread: http://forum.worldof...-destroy-game/. Don't get me wrong WG: I love WoT.

Edited by Hagane1, 22 June 2019 - 08:44 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #12 Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:44 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33379 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

It's fun occasionally, like a couple days ago I dove off a cliff with my ISU-152 onto a T-54, shot him upon impact and removed the rest of his HP with the fall damage. Survived too! It was like "GET OFF MY RIDGE, IVAN!!" I had a good laugh. :D

The fun stops when I have an objective to acomplish. I've noticed I've been getting more frustrated since the introduction of Personal Missions.

Wanting to achieve a goal, but not being able to because of several factors - RNG, bad teammates, YOLO-rushing enemies... etc. - It's really bad. I used to like this game a lot, that's why I invested so much of my time into it. I don't play it as much anymore, one reason being a job, y'know, real life...the other being, I can't play 20 battles in a day without having a mental breakdown from all the crap I encounter in randoms.

Lagalaza #13 Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:56 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7042 battles
  • [D-ANG] D-ANG

I haven't voted as I'm a newbie in the game having only been playing since November last year. I have nothing to compare it to other than pre and post wheelie. For me, it's a great game. It has loads of stats which I love and is open-ended so I know I can just keep playing so long as the game continues to be available.

Gameplay is really excellent when compared to all other tank games out there and when compared to other similar style games from an arcade point of view such as War Robots. It can be immensely frustrating but that is usually because someone outplays me, often due to some stupid mistake I make. Then along comes a day like yesterday... played FL and was worse than useless never making it past Lieutenant. Switched to random to continue the top of the tree grind in the SU-152. Had one of the best battles I have ever had concluding in an Ace Tanker without the team even winning (it was a draw). Wasn't just the Ace tanker badge, it was the way I played. Clever, careful, patient and effective. Even missed a couple of shots (thank-you RNG) that would have led to a win. All the learning coming together. That is what this game gives that is so hard to find in other games. While it does that, I'll live with the frustration.

WoT is a great game in my opinion and I know that is still some of the new shiny toy syndrome showing through but the progression aspect makes it outstanding and gives it immense longevity.

Edit: I feel I should add that I am lucky enough to be able to play with Premium time and some premium tanks. They definitely make grinds shorter and more enjoyable. Without it, would I feel the same? Probably, but maybe not so much. Exactly as WG intends? Good for them, after all, WoT is a business.

Edited by Lagalaza, 22 June 2019 - 09:07 AM.

jack_timber #14 Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:59 AM

Major

• Player
  • 38400 battles
TBH I find this game a nice distraction, enjoy yes wouldn't play it otherwise.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #15 Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8567 battles

Only ever had one personal mission

Have a bit of fun

But the game is cleverly structured to suck you in and "want more" as you progress

WoT is no bog standard third person shoot em up

If you don't step back and get objective about it you can become very obsessive

It focuses on male tendencies towards winning, achievement, group status, technicality and OCD issues

and it does these things on multiple levels

UrQuan #16 Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21298 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I still enjoy the game alot. The reason has changed over time & I had periods where i enjoyed it less (and hence stopped playing it for a while).

Always enjoyed the armor aspect of the game. As new(ish) player, I loved driving my slow tank & surviving things I couldn't in less armored tanks. Over time, it became my trademark. It changed from surviving stuff because noob driving armored tanks to surviving stuff because I know my stuff in armored tanks.

And in this, KV-4 became central. Wasn't too aware of this, until the very rigid template MM that messed up T8 came along (3-5-7); I just had a hard time enjoying the game if I couldn't play the KV-4 for an extended period of time. While I do enjoy a challenge in matches (they can lead to awesome games), getting challenged nearly every match wasn't my idea of fun & took several breaks during this rigid MM period. During this period, I played plenty of other enjoyable games.

MM is back to more flexibility & so I enjoy the game aplenty again with the KV-4. There's just something fun about driving that old steel brick of a tank & showcasing the power of armor.

Follow me to Victory!

Edited by UrQuan, 22 June 2019 - 10:04 AM.

Nethraniel #17 Posted 22 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 14157 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I will phrase it in a bit controversial way.

How much control over my life do I need to lose, to play a game, I do not enjoy, when there are tons of other games out there.

r00barb #18 Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

I think UrQuan's made a very good point, there's enough depth to this game to play it several ways. I'm not a big fan of heavy tanks because they're so slow, I prefer fast, well-camo'd tanks that allow me to flex or flank and it's down to my ingenuity and ability to get spots and shots without getting wiped out (not that I'm claiming to be any good at it, that's just how I prefer to play). It's a credit to the game that we can end up on the same team and complement each other despite having completely different approaches.

View PostNethraniel, on 22 June 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

How much control over my life do I need to lose, to play a game, I do not enjoy, when there are tons of other games out there.

Very much this. If_I_Die... makes the point of how the game focuses on human weaknesses but how many competitive games don't deliver on those factors (online and offline)?

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 22 June 2019 - 08:37 AM, said:

If you don't step back and get objective about it you can become very obsessive

It focuses on male tendencies towards winning, achievement, group status, technicality and OCD issues

and it does these things on multiple levels

FPS games, speed running, PvE looter shooters ... even activities like soccer, running, going to the gym and playing dominoes at the pub could be accused of the same thing!

kaneloon #19 Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:33 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30435 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

I came to Wot because I spent too much time in World of Warcraft, plus I felt I had to invest even more to stay good.

In that regards WoT was a good choice : you can play 1 or 20 games according to your feelings, you can do a very good game in a stock tank, have fun with a daring strategic choice, and best of all : a game can be very short or shortened ...

(I tried League of Legend but it was not that great : tied in games that could take 1 hour, 30 min to start a game, etc)

Gkirmathal #20 Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8530 battles
  • [2VTD] 2VTD

View PostWaifuRacer, on 21 June 2019 - 10:18 PM, said:

Yes I have the same feeling. The recent MM changes brought me back and I still have occasional rewarding game session.

Have to agree that this game has some nice addicting features. Something it really does well: to fuel that feeling when you have those rewarding sessions where everything seems to run like an oiled machine in your favour. Then you have the opposite sessions.

Some RL challenges lowered my bar of what level of frustration I want to endure or not. So if a few days/sessions have bad clumping of RNG, that I cannot offset by playing better or playing more consistent, I just drop the game and choose to enjoy (without frustration) watching WoT on Twitch.

The game is still ways away from the last version (0.9.17) that I enjoyed most.

Edited by Gkirmathal, 22 June 2019 - 10:36 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users