Lakeville Encounter [edited] Valley mentality.

Lakeville Gameplay Valley Encounter Town

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

lnfernaI #1 Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33701 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA
I would appreciate if someone explained to me the mentality of every [edited] [edited] who goes to the [edited] valley on Encounter, especially in already slow tanks, and then tries to push this worthless spot for ~5-7 minutes,and ends up losing the game in a draw. I can't grasp this nonsense,and forcibly I have to be salty about it.

Jauhesammutin #2 Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostlnfernaI, on 24 June 2019 - 12:41 PM, said:

I would appreciate if someone explained to me the mentality of every [edited] [edited] who goes to the [edited] valley on Encounter, especially in already slow tanks, and then tries to push this worthless spot for ~5-7 minutes,and ends up losing the game in a draw. I can't grasp this nonsense,and forcibly I have to be salty about it.

I got +10k dmg game from the encounter valley. Depending on the MM it's either easy farm or totally useless.

Players succeed once and then try the same thing thousand times failing miserably.

Homer_J #3 Posted 24 June 2019 - 01:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 32010 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostlnfernaI, on 24 June 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

I would appreciate if someone explained to me the mentality

I don't understand the mentality of having encounter enabled so I can't help, sorry.

LordMuffin #4 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52233 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJauhesammutin, on 24 June 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

I got +10k dmg game from the encounter valley. Depending on the MM it's either easy farm or totally useless.

Players succeed once and then try the same thing thousand times failing miserably.

While doing nothing to ensure a win.

r00barb #5 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

View PostLordMuffin, on 24 June 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

Mentality of the average valley pusher amounts to little more than "... but it worked that one time ... clearly I've been put on the bad team by the rigged MM ... also [edited] arty firing on me just because I've driven into this restricted corridor with no opportunity for cover, why don't they just let me drive over the ridge?"

HaZardeur #6 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 36757 battles

View PostlnfernaI, on 24 June 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Usually the valley push is done by Steve in his Löwe, it once worked and now he keeps on pushing valley even though his last succesful valley push was 2014. You will also find Steve and his Löwe on the beach of Overlord.

Captain_Kremen0 #7 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 39041 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostHaZardeur, on 24 June 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

Usually the valley push is done by Steve in his Löwe, it once worked and now he keeps on pushing valley even though his last succesful valley push was 2014. You will also find Steve and his Löwe on the beach of Overlord.

Usually the valley just stalls so they can be picked off one by one. A couple of T29's can do this quite nicely if the attackers have no balls. Hell i've even seen ONE T29 hold the valley with 1 TD and arty for support.

HaZardeur #8 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 36757 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 24 June 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

Usually the valley just stalls so they can be picked off one by one. A couple of T29's can do this quite nicely if the attackers have no balls. Hell i've even seen ONE T29 hold the valley with 1 TD and arty for support.

Most of us know this but Steve is trying to make a point in the valley and on the beach... if he fails/is dead after 60secs he starts blaming the team for not supporting him.

Jauhesammutin #9 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostLordMuffin, on 24 June 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

Actually I drove through the valley and all the way to the city to decap. You might say that it was my teammates who ensured a win but if the enemy had won the valley then they would have eventually flanked our friendlies in the city and won the game.

lnfernaI #10 Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33701 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA

View PostHomer_J, on 24 June 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

I don't understand the mentality of having encounter enabled so I can't help, sorry.

I enjoy Encounter, I despise Assault.

Tom_Deekanarry #11 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12676 battles
You can ask the exact same question when nearly all your team goes into the town and gets smashed whilst the enemy drive up the valley and cap you!

Cobra6 #12 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16506 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Because all bad players focus on that one time they had a great match in the Valley and completely forget the 95% of total failures when they went there. This isn't helped by various streamers/youtubers making highlight videos of this map and the valley.

Basically the valley on this map is dead space and the only thing you need are 2 tanks guarding the ridge against pushers. This map is won in the city in the majority of cases, valley is just a trap for stupid people but as evident there are more than enough of those in WoT.

Cobra 6

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 8926 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

There is a point to going valley on lakevile regardless of game mode.

Namely: to prevent to enemy team from pushing through.

That said, you only need a few tanks for that to be successful unless literally half the enemy team tries to push through valley.

And I have conciously gone valley on lakeville because literally my entire team save 2-3 tanks (myself included) went city and we would've lost if valley was undefended.

Again though, 2-3 tanks on valley is usually enough to stop the enemy from pushing through.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 24 June 2019 - 03:06 PM.

TheComfyChair #14 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8891 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHaZardeur, on 24 June 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

Most of us know this but Steve is trying to make a point in the valley and on the beach... if he fails/is dead after 60secs he starts blaming the team for not supporting him.

Steve sounds like he's a sandwich short of a picnic. 

WhoCares01 #15 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20428 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 24 June 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

Well, I currently also have it enabled - HT.7 for T55a, cap/decap + 3k damage + win.

Encounter is the best hope to complete these kind of cap missions. So far, 3x I got close to complete it:

- KV-3 on Chinese Wall map, decapped by killing a Tiger 1, in the end won by killing all with 2896 damage done

- Mäuschen on Ruinberg - won by cap while there was still one enemy tank alive, ~2840 damage done (one or two blind shots gave me a little hope, but nope)

- Mäuschen on Steppes - decapped an enemy HT (for 1 point, which is enough for the mission - as opposed to winning by cap which must be completed - it's not enough to acquire some cap points at the end of the battle just before the last enemy gets killed), ~3600 damage done before dying, but battle lost

Several other attempts made me the recipient of some angry chat messages, because I dared to take my slow lumbering HT (often Mäuschen, because I am grinding that one right now) to the cap instead of battling it out at some remote location. Not that I would have any hope to cap/decap if I would go to that remote spot, but ah well, details, you know…

Edited by WhoCares01, 24 June 2019 - 03:35 PM.

OmniWalou #16 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 452 battles

The thing is that it's still a flank and someone still has to go there. Usually teams have a Steve and his couple friends. But sometimes the team is full of the ''a streamer said the valley is a bad place'' or ''only bad players go to valley and I ain't a bad player''. The valley is quite slow to push but it does work when it's not defended properly. It's quite dumb to risk it, leave it open and to just go to town. If you go to town with a large force, then you must push it or go back to defend. And how often people are able to do that? Not that often. And in encounter, capping fast would be pretty pointless and no one would get any exp.

The Overlord beach is the same, if you are able to assess the situation, your team's tanks and enemy tanks then it should work. But bad players aren't really able to do that and then the rest take the mindset of ''only bad players go to beach and I ain't bad so I don't go there'' and then insult anyone who goes there. Countless of times it has been seen that someone in team says ''beach is for noobs'' and then no one goes there, but then they aren't able to win the upper side with more tanks while enemy pushes the empty beach. Same in Lakeville.

HaZardeur #17 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 36757 battles

View PostTom_Deekanarry, on 24 June 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

You can ask the exact same question when nearly all your team goes into the town and gets smashed whilst the enemy drive up the valley and cap you!

Thread title: Lakeville Encounter [edited] Valley mentality.

SuNo_TeSLa #18 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46805 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

View PostJauhesammutin, on 24 June 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

Pretty much it, then again, players of your caliber know when to :)

14:33 Added after 1 minute

View PostOmniWalou, on 24 June 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

The thing is that it's still a flank and someone still has to go there. Usually teams have a Steve and his couple friends. But sometimes the team is full of the ''a streamer said the valley is a bad place'' or ''only bad players go to valley and I ain't a bad player''. The valley is quite slow to push but it does work when it's not defended properly. It's quite dumb to risk it, leave it open and to just go to town. If you go to town with a large force, then you must push it or go back to defend. And how often people are able to do that? Not that often. And in encounter, capping fast would be pretty pointless and no one would get any exp.

The Overlord beach is the same, if you are able to assess the situation, your team's tanks and enemy tanks then it should work. But bad players aren't really able to do that and then the rest take the mindset of ''only bad players go to beach and I ain't bad so I don't go there'' and then insult anyone who goes there. Countless of times it has been seen that someone in team says ''beach is for noobs'' and then no one goes there, but then they aren't able to win the upper side with more tanks while enemy pushes the empty beach. Same in Lakeville.

No offense, but none of that makes any sense if you're looking to win, especially vs decent players+

LordMuffin #19 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:34 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 52233 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJauhesammutin, on 24 June 2019 - 02:47 PM, said:

Actually I drove through the valley and all the way to the city to decap. You might say that it was my teammates who ensured a win but if the enemy had won the valley then they would have eventually flanked our friendlies in the city and won the game.

If enemy had went city, you would have lost to cap most likely.

14:37 Added after 2 minutes

View PostOmniWalou, on 24 June 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

No. There is never ever a reason to go beach on Overlord.

And same applies for Lakeville encounter. 

They are flanks, but both are completely irrelevant. If you are so afraid of a push there, you can protect it from mid road and the corners at City. Which will also make you useful in city fight.

And on Overlord, y out can just go back when enemy starts to appear on beach and then kill them extremely easy if they decide to push up from the low ground. 

Here is the difference in tactics and strategy between a 60%+WR player and a 53% WR player.

Edited by LordMuffin, 24 June 2019 - 03:38 PM.

Jauhesammutin #20 Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23607 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostLordMuffin, on 24 June 2019 - 02:34 PM, said:

If enemy had went city, you would have lost to cap most likely.

Both teams divided into the city and to the valley. I plowed through the valley while the city still had a stalemate. Eventually they won the city (oddly enough as I killed 5 tanks in the valley) but didn't have time to cap.

Also tagged with Lakeville, Gameplay, Valley, Encounter, Town

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users