Inferiority complex & the common stat padder?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
162 replies to this topic

Enherjaren #1 Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66958 battles
  • [DOUBT] DOUBT

More often then not when people are having a hizzy fit and goes full rage-mod in team chat it's usually some guy with 15k games in T67. It happens so often I can't but start wondering about the psychological aspect and basically why!? Honestly I got no issues with people that is willing to play 50k games in T67 it's their time and gaming is supposed to be fun, but to me it seems super-boring to play the same tank over and over again.

I'm not saying everyone that statpadd in low tiers are a toxic rager, but in my +70k games I found them to be over-represented. Yeah and a lot of unicums are ragers to, but that I would suspect comes from a highly competitive mindset and as a minority (unicum lives matters) in this game while statpadders seems to be a dime a dozen (not excusing their/our behavior just stating a fact).

I'm theorizing many stat-padders suffers from inferiority complex and therefore shows envious resentment towards other players achievements or perceived advantages.

Feel free to share you thoughts on this.
EVEN if you are a stat-padder with inferiority complex and/or anger issues. We might actually make this community a better place and help each other to reach a higher state of universal knowledge and love.

ta ta
/raging unicum
XOXO

P.S. 

Take this game serious and frak IRL!
#Nolife4life
D.S.

Edited by Enherjaren, 25 June 2019 - 12:31 PM.

TankkiPoju #2 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:09 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22791 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

T67 super unicums are the true skill in this game.

ThinGun #3 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38938 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
What about stat-padders in Marder 38s?

kaneloon #4 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30465 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

I must admit I often rage in chat but mainly because I sucked and paid the price. Not that is has any effect.

The only "rage" that seems effective is "Wake up ffs" and pinging the top tiers lemming train stopped by half their number of enemies.

About low tiers statpadders I never took too seriously players with a 8k or 9k personal rating and a 800 average damage, not speaking of a 50% WR at tiers X.

steview162 #5 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:20 AM

Brigadier

• Clan Diplomat
  • 37547 battles
  • [-T-O-] -T-O-
What about T67s, Marder 38ts, and PZIIs. And marders before they got nerfed ofc. 

ThinGun #6 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:23 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38938 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Poststeview162, on 25 June 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

What about T67s, Marder 38ts, and PZIIs. And marders before they got nerfed ofc. 

Wait.  WHAT?  They nerfed the Marder 38?  That explains why I can't get my MOEs.  I always assumed it was because I wasn't a good enough seal-clubber player.

BlackBloodBandit #7 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:32 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5528 battles
you forget stat-padding Hetzers with derp.

Enherjaren #8 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66958 battles
  • [DOUBT] DOUBT

View PostThinGun, on 25 June 2019 - 10:12 AM, said:

What about stat-padders in Marder 38s?

You are more then welcome to participate in this "debate" as well ofc my horse! :)
Tell us what drives you, what is your motivation and what are you true inner feelings.
Thank you for being brave and stepping up!

Edited by Enherjaren, 25 June 2019 - 10:41 AM.

ThinGun #9 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:42 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38938 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View PostEnherjaren, on 25 June 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

You are more then welcome to participate in this "debatte" as well ofc my horse.
Tells what drives, motivation and what are you true inner feelings.
Thank you for being brave and stepping up!

What drives me is wanting to get better.  I'm fully aware that I can't hack it above Tier 8 , so I tend to stay lower tier.  

My inner feelings are the same as when I started to play - I like to blow things up - the more things I blow up, the happier I am.  

I am also a creature of habit, and 'warm up' my day with a game or two in my favourite tank, the Marder 38T.  In fact, I will play that tank until I win a game, and then slowly climb up through the tiers with my other favourites - the m8A1, the SU85, the T67, Hellcat, UDES and E25.  On a long playing session, I might even ascend to the lofty heights of Tier 8, or even the occasional Tier 9.  But mostly, I only have enough time to play Tier 4-7.  If that makes me a stat padder or seal clubber in other peoples' eyes - so be it. I ain't playing for anyone else's approbation - I just want to blow things up.

VonniVidiVici #10 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38691 battles

Inferiority complex outside the game, you mean? Because I'm pretty sure they think they're great at WoT.

The annoyance is understandable though. I mean, imagine taking this game's competitive element seriously and desiring good statistics. The instant you get screwed by RNG or a player on either team not following the intricate battle plan you drew up in your head, and this will start happening seconds after countdown ended in every battle because welcome to WoT, you're going to get frustrated beyond belief because the game is clearly screwing with you personally and trying to keep you from being the shining beacon of tank godhood you know you are.

Edited by VonniVidiVici, 25 June 2019 - 10:45 AM.

wolfsrain #11 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:44 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 60089 battles
  • [LASO] LASO
Seen someone with over 10K games in MS1, so....

Kartoshkaya #12 Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26085 battles
Worse garbage of this game are high playcount low wn8. They're allways the ones complaining about others, they think they know how the game works due to their playcount but they don't and pretty much never learn.

Hope this hurt some feelings

r00barb #13 Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26740 battles

View PostEnherjaren, on 25 June 2019 - 08:58 AM, said:

I'm not saying everyone that statpadd in low tiers are a toxic rager, but in my +70k games I found them to be over-represented. Yeah and a lot of unicums are ragers to, but that I would suspect that comes from a highly competitive mindset and they are a minority (unicum lives matters) in this game while statpadders seems to be a dime a dozen (not excusing their/our behavior just stating a fact).

I'm theorizing many stat-padders suffers from inferiority complex and therefore shows envious resentment towards other players achievements or perceived advantages.

Feel free to share you thoughts on this.
EVEN if you are a stat-padder with inferiority complex and/or anger issues. We might actually make this community a better place and help each other to reach a higher state of universal knowledge and love.

Why can't low tier stat-padders have the same highly competitive mindset? Unicums aren't special, they're merely players who are better at the game. The toxicity from stat-padders comes from the same source, it's simply more frequent because they don't have the release of a decent game.

You seem to suffer from a superiority complex based on your ability to point and click with a pixel tank. Maybe you should take some time to consider whether that's mentally healthy before focusing on why other players throw tantrums.

fwhaatpiraat #14 Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55666 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You think they are really thinking it through to pad like that? I doubt it. Those kind of players usually are terrible, but once they play such vehicles (could also be some other obscure low tier (preferable td) vehicle, they feel they are being really valuable for their team. But in reality, they just sit and wait, right? I often have such players in my team, but in stuff like a Jagdpz E100 or so (but by far most battles in t67). They just sit and wait, they make zero plays and even if they face many tier 8 tanks with their well armored super heavy tank destroyer they just camp, since they are used to that. They camp in those TD bot hot spots, being a big letdown for their team. But in tier 5 or below that actually works: ¾ of the team dies, and then the enemy has to come to their base with them camping in some bushes. Because of the low view range, low hit points per vehicle and good camo, they manage to massacre the enemy team.

Again, I really doubt they really want to boost their statistics, they rather honestly believe such vehicles really fit their play style and that they are really good at 'playing the support role'. They just don't see the broken aspects of such vehicles/gameplay and also lack situational awarenss and other skills in this game. But if they like such gameplay, who am I to tell they shouldn't play like that?

Enherjaren #15 Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66958 battles
  • [DOUBT] DOUBT

View Postr00barb, on 25 June 2019 - 11:24 AM, said:

Why can't low tier stat-padders have the same highly competitive mindset? Unicums aren't special, they're merely players who are better at the game. The toxicity from stat-padders comes from the same source, it's simply more frequent because they don't have the release of a decent game.

You seem to suffer from a superiority complex based on your ability to point and click with a pixel tank. Maybe you should take some time to consider whether that's mentally healthy before focusing on why other players throw tantrums.

Because tier X is the ultimate end game competitive part of this game. It's like Formula 1 compared to Go-carts. No offense to go-cart drivers! 
Truth to be told I don't consider myself superior, especially not in tier X were I'm miles away from the super unicums that pretty much can dominate every battle in tier X. I might lack in anger-control, but I'm sadly full of self-awareness.

However I weigh a players performance level from what they can achieve in a tier X, but that's a whole another topic. 

Edited by Enherjaren, 25 June 2019 - 11:39 AM.

Dorander #16 Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 21014 battles

View PostEnherjaren, on 25 June 2019 - 10:39 AM, said:

Because tier X is the ultimate end game competitive part of this game. It's like Formula 1 compared to Go-carts. No offense to go-cart drivers! 

Why? Because it's numerically highest it's automatically "ultimate end game"? Tier 10 is the tier where we see the most ridiculous broken designs and tank imbalance. Stupidly armoured vehicles like Type 5 or even the Maus (though the latter still has weakspots). Tanks capable of oneshotting equal tier meds/lights on a high roll and lower tiers on an average roll. Overpowered mediums like the Object 430U or TDs such as Bobject v4. Completely impenetrable turrets such as Squonks. or Stalinium turrets.

As much as any other tier, perhaps even more, tier X is decided by what you drive before it is affected by how you drive it. That might still make it like Formula 1 given that I know little about Formula 1 but if it holds true, that means Formula 1 is an equally imbalanced piece of junk.

Enherjaren #17 Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66958 battles
  • [DOUBT] DOUBT

View PostDorander, on 25 June 2019 - 11:46 AM, said:

Why? Because it's numerically highest it's automatically "ultimate end game"? Tier 10 is the tier where we see the most ridiculous broken designs and tank imbalance. Stupidly armoured vehicles like Type 5 or even the Maus (though the latter still has weakspots). Tanks capable of oneshotting equal tier meds/lights on a high roll and lower tiers on an average roll. Overpowered mediums like the Object 430U or TDs such as Bobject v4. Completely impenetrable turrets such as Squonks. or Stalinium turrets.

As much as any other tier, perhaps even more, tier X is decided by what you drive before it is affected by how you drive it. That might still make it like Formula 1 given that I know little about Formula 1 but if it holds true, that means Formula 1 is an equally imbalanced piece of junk.

As stated that's another topic. However I find your thesis both contradicting and just plain wrong.
Contradicting: what you just said clearly emphases how hard the competion is on tier X.
Plain wrong: E25, T67 and low tier artillery  for example is clearly far more broken then any tier X comparison. 
I will end this discussion here tho, because clearly most above average performing players that actually compete in either CW or used to play ESL (RIP) would clearly state that tier X is the most competitive tier.  
Low tiers are not easy tho, because of the low HP pools, but mostly you can get around that by simply playing passively and prey on peoples mistake. In tier X you need to play aggressive and make moves. Strictly planting your bottom regions in a bush will no do. 
However with that said I plead of you to stick to general topic. 
Cheers!

Dorander #18 Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21014 battles

View PostEnherjaren, on 25 June 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

As stated that's another topic. However I find your thesis both contradicting and just plain wrong.
Contradicting: what you just said clearly emphases how hard the competion is on tier X.
Plain wrong: E25, T67 and low tier artillery  for example is clearly far more broken then any tier X comparison. 
I will end this discussion here tho, because clearly most above average performing players that actually compete in either CW or used to play ESL (RIP) would clearly state that tier X is the most competitive tier.  
Low tiers are not easy tho, because of the low HP pools, but mostly you can get around that by simply playing passively and prey on peoples mistake. In tier X you need to play aggressive and make moves. Strictly planting your bottom regions in a bush will no do. 
However with that said I plead of you to stick to general topic. 
Cheers!

I agree that the lower tiers aren't a rose garden either, I favour tier 6-9, some days not even 6. E25 is a specific exception and a single example doesn't outweigh the broken min-maxing of tier X.

And no, it isn't a contradiction when you consider that how competitive something is should be a matter of player skill and battle choices, not whatever tank you happen to drive. To keep with the Formula 1 comparison, if one driver has a proper Formula 1 racecar and the other shows up in a Ford Pinto, this isn't a matter of how hard competitiveness is between players, it's a matter of whatever material you happen to have access to.

FataL_ShadowZ #19 Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:17 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10697 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postwolfsrain, on 25 June 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

Seen someone with over 10K games in MS1, so....

I'm not sure what the record is for most games in a tank but it wasn't so long ago I was in a game with this player on Erlenburg

I only happened to look up his stats after game because he was a complete tool for tking one of our LT's for not active spotting

Couldn't quite believe his most played vehicle stats but it wouldn't surprise me if there players with even higher values.

Enherjaren #20 Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 66958 battles
  • [DOUBT] DOUBT

View PostDorander, on 25 June 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

I agree that the lower tiers aren't a rose garden either, I favour tier 6-9, some days not even 6. E25 is a specific exception and a single example doesn't outweigh the broken min-maxing of tier X.

And no, it isn't a contradiction when you consider that how competitive something is should be a matter of player skill and battle choices, not whatever tank you happen to drive. To keep with the Formula 1 comparison, if one driver has a proper Formula 1 racecar and the other shows up in a Ford Pinto, this isn't a matter of how hard competitiveness is between players, it's a matter of whatever material you happen to have access to.

I'm not saying low tiers are not competitive however it's far from as competitive as tier X. 
However there is no denying it's easier to achieve greater win rate and average performance in low tiers compared to tier X.
You rarely see players that only performs well in tier X, but can't achieve equal or greater performance in low tiers. However the opposite is more then common. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users