• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

spamhamstar #41 Posted 27 June 2019 - 04:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [WIKD] WIKD

View PostHomer_J, on 27 June 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Yay! Dingers have a new pet.  It's not been the same since the hamster died.

Do fish not count as pets then?

rustysprite #42 Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:16 PM

Major

• Player
  • 23506 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postspamhamstar, on 27 June 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

Do fish not count as pets then?

Of course.... but only the live ones

The dead ones have other uses .... ask Bora 

Count_Boniface #43 Posted 27 June 2019 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 27322 battles
I think the originator of this thread has a point, albeit badly put. For instance - Prokhorovka. On both sides of the map, large sections of the team proceed en masse towards the enemy. Suddenly an enemy is spotted - and what does everyone do? They stop. In a real military situation this would indeed be viewed as cowardice, especially if one team member carries on with the push and gets killed because of unwillingness on the part of other team members to engage. Many a game has been lost, when a fully pressed attack would have steamrollered the enemy. I would also add stupidity and stubbornness to the charges. Often a team member will come up with a good plan, and other team members will enter 'negative' and do the exact opposite - no doubt as part of the 'insulting from afar' mentality with is rife within the game. 

Bordhaw #44 Posted 27 June 2019 - 06:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15628 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 26 June 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

I will very happily yolo in to help those who give it a go, even if I'm toast

But most of you are not worth the effort

Homer_J #45 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:06 PM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGeneral_CDG, on 27 June 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Often a team member will come up with a good plan, and other team members will enter 'negative'

Often people go beach on Overlord.  It's still never been a winning tactic.

Gruff_ #46 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24152 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 26 June 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

He has a point.  Pretty much everyone wishes their random team mates would play to a higher standard than most do, we all get frustrated with the lack of team play at times and certain tanks hanging at the back when situations call for them to be more active, prime example being higher tiers not pulling weight making it harder for the rest of the team. 

I don't think he's personally attacking anyone so don't take this frustrated blanket statement personally, when you know it doesn't apply to you :)

OP it could be you are being too aggressive or just expecting too much of your random team mates so perhaps for less frustration and more team play turn to platoons/team battles/clan war/strongholds where you will hopefully get more "team work".  In randoms you have to work with what you got frustrating as it can be, and I feel your pain too. 

The hardest thing in WoT is focussing on your own mistakes and improving those to consitantly do better, rather than getting distracted by the mess ups of your team mates and solely blaming them.  I struggle with this focus every time I play randoms.

UrQuan #47 Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22310 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 27 June 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

You know the difference between you & me? I survive & proceed to bring down the pain.

Nothing wrong with helping people, just make sure they're worth helping. No use helping that guy who just ran into a massed TD ambush, because then you're only helping the enemy TD's to improve their killscores. But that guy that got in a bad situation & is now hiding behind a rock? Go help him, he's surviving & the enemies are focused on him. Either you draw fire away from him, allowing him to shoot back, or the enemies are too focused on him, giving you free reign to kill them & save the poor guy. This way, both of you survive & improve your chances for the whole team & thereby help the whole team as well.

Saving people properly means you now got extra tanks on your side, adding more useful firepower to the team

Do note that helping people must make sense, else you only help the reds increase their kill count and that is against the whole idea of helping others. Unless you enjoy helping the reds of course. 

Strappster #48 Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28549 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostGeneral_CDG, on 27 June 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

I think the originator of this thread has a point, albeit badly put. For instance - Prokhorovka. On both sides of the map, large sections of the team proceed en masse towards the enemy. Suddenly an enemy is spotted - and what does everyone do? They stop. In a real military situation this would indeed be viewed as cowardice, especially if one team member carries on with the push and gets killed because of unwillingness on the part of other team members to engage. Many a game has been lost, when a fully pressed attack would have steamrollered the enemy. I would also add stupidity and stubbornness to the charges. Often a team member will come up with a good plan, and other team members will enter 'negative' and do the exact opposite - no doubt as part of the 'insulting from afar' mentality with is rife within the game. 

I'm not a military man but I'm pretty sure that blundering forward without knowing the strength of the enemy hidden behind the one you've spotted is frowned upon. A fully pressed attack might steam-roller the enemy, equally it might result in the wrecking of your entire force because you've not accounted for the rest of the enemy team sitting in cover behind their spotter.

There are too many variables to pass this tactic off in a glib one-liner. How many enemy tanks have been spotted? What were their last positions? Do they have big TDs, a couple of heavies and a firing line of lights and mediums or only a couple of mediums on half hp? Has there been enough time since everyone was last spotted for tanks to flex? Do they have arty support on the field? A well-placed splash in the middle of a group of attackers can stun or track multiple tanks.

A lemming train can work if everyone involved is committed to the push but there's a very good reason why it's called a lemming train.

Unicorn_of_Steel #49 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17598 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

Most of you are cowards....

Well, that depends on which of my multiple personalities is present behind the keyboard my precious. There is this one guy that I do not completely trust. He doesn't like soft, furry, pink, juicy unicorns you know...gollum....gollum. Just fish...

Me, myself and I on the other hand are quite the fighter though...

Edited by Unicorn_of_Steel, 28 June 2019 - 01:56 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users