Game crashing while using discord (what helped me)

discord game freezes hard reset voice chat

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Kirk_Helmet #1 Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 40134 battles
  • [PAPKO] PAPKO

Hello tankers,

I encountered a new problem yesterday and wanted to leave a trace of what helped me to solve it, in case anyone else had this problem too. I haven't used Discord for few months until yesterday. The application updated and was ready to go so I started playing WoT with my friend.

With 4 attempts in a row I wasn't even able to finish a single battle as at some random point (no matter if I was alive or dead and spectating) my game would freeze. And it froze completely. I wasn't able to do anything, mouse cursor wouldn't respond, same with keyboard, no ALT+F4, CTRL+ALT+DELETE or ALT+TAB options possible. The only way out was a hard reset.

As frustrating as such problem can be, the solution (at least in my case) was luckily very easy. Following the advice of my friend I turned off VoIP in game (to do that you need to uncheck the voice chat option in in-game sound settings) and the problem was gone. Just like that.

I didn't inspect any further (at least not yet) on whether there was some problem with sound card drivers or maybe with some of aslain's pack mods that I use so I have no idea what the real source of the problem was but as the way to solve it was so simple I decided to write it down here in case anyone experienced the same problem.

Cheers.   

Forcellrus #2 Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:14 PM

Sergeant

• Community Contributor
  • 14200 battles
  • [DSCRD] DSCRD
Hey, it's usually Discord overlay that causes troubles with games (even if it's hidden), so disabling that completely might help you.

_Patrol #3 Posted 17 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 40130 battles
  • [AW-LE] AW-LE

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users