Crew Books Bug

Crew Books Training Manual 2M Credits Bug

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Gremlin182 #21 Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 57868 battles

OK I was wrong if you click on a book it shows exactly what you will get from it current skill level and new skill level in green.

WG did think of everything

Geno1isme #22 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 48103 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostHedgehog_small_tanks, on 27 June 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

The first thing you do when you get a crew with a premium tank is dismiss them.

Maybe you do that, I see no reason for it. In case I need a new crew it's still better to have a 100% crew that can be retrained for credits than hiring a new 75% crew (same cost, better result).

Always use crews from your silver tanks in your premium vehicles.  They're good in their silver tank and the premium tank.

Having a crew, and using a crew are two different things. So why dismiss the crews when I still have lots of spare baracks slots?

StinkyStonky #23 Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:52 AM

Major

• Player
  • 34047 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

OK, so last night I checked and I now know what happened.

Unsurprisingly, it's not a bug, it's PEBKAC, but I learned a few things and I hope some of you did too.

The main moral of the story is ... don't go spending large amounts of credits and making irreversible decisions (like retraining crew), when it's late, you're tired and you've been drinking.

So the two main things

1) I did spend 2M credits on a level 3 Training Manual (it's unused in my depot)

2) I applied the level 1 Training Booklet that was given free with the introduction of the books (doh).

That explains why my crew gained 50% in their first skill rather than 150% that I was expecting.

Another mistakes I made (thankfully with a Booklet rather than the 2M credit Manual) is I applied the Booklet to the 4 man 55A crew without appreciating that once re-trained to the new tank, then needed a Radio Operator !!

Now I have a 90% crew with a 75% Radio Op in a new tank and a 2M credit Training Manual, still waiting to be used.

My plan now is to play the crew through my 3 low tier German Medium premiums (and the tank they're trained for) this weekend with a crew PR and the Tankfest x4/x2 special and once they are all up to 100%, apply the Manual to boost them to about 60% on their 2nd skill.

WRT :-

The first thing you do when you get a crew with a premium tank is dismiss them.

I agree with Geno1isme.  Obviously paying a zero skill crew in a tier 9 isn't going to go well, but as I just did, the crew can be retrained to another tank and if it's the same class you get a 90% crew rather than a 75% crew for 20k silver per crew member.  Even if it's a different class it's 80% rather than 75%.

These Crew Books also make the TotT rental tanks potentially a lot more useful.  If you want to grind a new crew for the line (say you want a new Chinese Heavy crew next month), taking the zero skill crew in a tier 8 prem is not going to be great.  But what I might do is use a Training Manual on the 112 crew I get, then retrain them to an IS-2 or WZ 111 1-4 and then use the 112 to boost them back up to 100%.  Tada and insta crew at 60% on 2nd skill for 2M credits.

DaddysLittlePrincess #24 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28784 battles
  • [_RO] _RO

View PostDaddysLittlePrincess, on 27 June 2019 - 10:10 AM, said:

Are you sure that you used lvl 3 crew book and not the lvl 1 you got for free?

Called it :P

Hedgehog_small_tanks #25 Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 701 battles

View PostGeno1isme, on 28 June 2019 - 08:56 AM, said:

Maybe you do that, I see no reason for it. In case I need a new crew it's still better to have a 100% crew that can be retrained for credits than hiring a new 75% crew (same cost, better result).

Having a crew, and using a crew are two different things. So why dismiss the crews when I still have lots of spare baracks slots?

The reason to do it is that the crews from the silver tanks are the ones to be used.  That way the crew is good across both tanks.  You do understand that a crew of the same nationality and vehicle class can be used in a premium tank with no penalty... right?  I'd be surprised if someone with 47k battles doesn't have a crew from a silver tank of each nationality and type with far better than 100% skills

It is just easier to do it when you get them because they're right there in front of you.

In my case when I got the new French Panther I dismissed all the crew and put my AMX 30 crew into it.  They are on their fifth skill.  The one issue was a the radio operator.  I had a spare radio guy but he isn't very well trained, just being 100% and 68% situational awareness but trained to a LT.  I had to decide whether to go with the one that came with the Panther or use him.  I chose him and he's the only one I spent any gold on.   End result is a Bretagne Panther with a pretty good crew where the one weak guy will be trained very fast.

Posted Image

Edited by Hedgehog_small_tanks, 29 June 2019 - 07:05 AM.

Slyspy #26 Posted 29 June 2019 - 08:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14699 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHedgehog_small_tanks, on 29 June 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

The reason to do it is that the crews from the silver tanks are the ones to be used.  That way the crew is good across both tanks.  You do understand that a crew of the same nationality and vehicle class can be used in a premium tank with no penalty... right?  I'd be surprised if someone with 47k battles doesn't have a crew from a silver tank of each nationality and type with far better than 100% skills

It is just easier to do it when you get them because they're right there in front of you.

In my case when I got the new French Panther I dismissed all the crew and put my AMX 30 crew into it.  They are on their fifth skill.  The one issue was a the radio operator.  I had a spare radio guy but he isn't very well trained, just being 100% and 68% situational awareness but trained to a LT.  I had to decide whether to go with the one that came with the Panther or use him.  I chose him and he's the only one I spent any gold on.   End result is a Bretagne Panther with a pretty good crew where the one weak guy will be trained very fast.

Posted Image

Of course they understand that. What they are saying is that it is better to keep a 100% crew in case you need a silver crew later because they can be retrained for credits and still be better than a new crew. 

Hedgehog_small_tanks #27 Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 701 battles

View PostSlyspy, on 29 June 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

Of course they understand that. What they are saying is that it is better to keep a 100% crew in case you need a silver crew later because they can be retrained for credits and still be better than a new crew. 

That wasn't obvious.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users