Bugged asf client after patch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

_DeadWolf #1 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22319 battles
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT

Not played for a few days... now after whatever the WGC decided to download in the last few days, my game client is behaving like its mentally handicapped.... client IMMEDIATELY goes in to 'Not responding' when the game client starts up on loading, sits like that for 10 minutes, then finally decides to load into the log-in screen. THEN, it decides to give weird messages with the WoT logo and cog like "team not ready" and "selling" as im loading into the garage... AND THEN i see all this buggy crap on my garage screen......

WTH? and how has nobody else mentioned this on the forum... i am NOT doing a fresh re-install with the amount of time it takes to download all these huge arse games these days

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_003.jpg   511.42K

Edited by _DeadWolf, 28 June 2019 - 01:20 AM.

onderschepper #2 Posted 28 June 2019 - 01:45 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2060 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

Have you tried running the game via the .exe? (Without running WGC.)

For me it is located in: C:\Games\World_of_Tanks_EU\WorldOfTanks.exe

I only run WGC when the game tells me it needs an update, after which I close WGC.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:01 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Post_DeadWolf, on 28 June 2019 - 01:19 AM, said:

WTH? and how has nobody else mentioned this on the forum... i am NOT doing a fresh re-install with the amount of time it takes to download all these huge arse games these days

Probably because it's not bugged it's just you. Do an integrity check and see if that fixes it. 

r00barb #4 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

Have you considered that no one else has mentioned it because no one else has encountered the issue? I've used the WGC since it was introduced and haven't had any problems.

First things first, if you're using any mods then see if you can reproduce the errors if you start the game in safe mode, accessed using the small arrow on the right-hand side of the Play button in the main window of the launcher.

If you're not using mods or you get the same issues in safe mode, go to Game Settings (top left of the launcher window) and click on Check & Repair. That will run an integrity check of the game files and repair any issues it might find.

If that makes no difference then you might be stuck with making a fresh install.

WoT_RU_Doing #5 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:28 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55857 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-
When I updated yesterday, the game wouldn't start at all....I ran WGcheck and that downloaded 3 replacement files (BIG ones), and since then I've had no problems.

_DeadWolf #6 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22319 battles
  • [B-MBT] B-MBT

View Postr00barb, on 28 June 2019 - 01:03 AM, said:

Have you considered that no one else has mentioned it because no one else has encountered the issue? I've used the WGC since it was introduced and haven't had any problems.

First things first, if you're using any mods then see if you can reproduce the errors if you start the game in safe mode, accessed using the small arrow on the right-hand side of the Play button in the main window of the launcher.

If you're not using mods or you get the same issues in safe mode, go to Game Settings (top left of the launcher window) and click on Check & Repair. That will run an integrity check of the game files and repair any issues it might find.

If that makes no difference then you might be stuck with making a fresh install.

Not everyone goes to the forums when there's an issue with the game client.... and i run remodel mods, but still same thing occurred without the mods in the folders. i dont have time to be screwing around fixing games at the moment so im gonna have to do it after my travels over the weekend. 

SuedKAT #7 Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:54 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Do an integrity check:

https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/article/23175/

If you have issues after that it's something else that a regular screw up from WGC.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70945 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Post_DeadWolf, on 28 June 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

Not everyone goes to the forums when there's an issue with the game client.... and i run remodel mods, but still same thing occurred without the mods in the folders. i dont have time to be screwing around fixing games at the moment so im gonna have to do it after my travels over the weekend. 

True. But this would be an issue people usually would swarm to complain about. As it's not a small one by the sounds of it. I don't have the same issue myself. But as you say it's the same with or without mods. I suggest going via game center "if you have it" and clicking on game settings in the upper left corner and select check and repair there. If that doesn't cut it, clear the cache. As it could simply be a config conflict etc. 

250swb #9 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:00 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 23230 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post_DeadWolf, on 28 June 2019 - 01:41 AM, said:

Not everyone goes to the forums when there's an issue with the game client.... 

Indeed so, that is because a lot of people will first test their own system and try repairing the game before coming to the forum to complain. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users