Game lags

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #1 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12383 battles

Hi guys,

thought i try mu luck in this corner and maybe someone who understands good about laptops can give idea or few.So i start playing WOT again and cause my PC is now sold decided to use my 4 years old laptop,specs are these:

Windows 10 Home 64bit

Intel R Core TM i7 - 4710MQ CPU 2.50GHZ (8CPUs)

16GB Ram Intel® HD Graphics 4600 and NvidiaGeforce GTX 860M

Not sure whats wrong but even on minimum graphic settings sometimes game goes slow motion,or if i move with mouse from my tank in distance and move mouse fast everything lags badly (it doesnt happens all the time,but every few battles),also laptop becomes noisy like it struggles,but as i understand specification is enough to run WOT on minimum smooth.I dont know if its possible that those 2 graphic cards not compatible or cross each other somehow,i did Direct X diagnostic if this will help and maybe clear something.Im ok keep playing on minimum requirements but want play it smooth not lag and slow motion gameplay.Thanks all for help and advices.

Attached Files

• Attached File   DxDiag.txt   93.31K

SuedKAT #2 Posted 28 June 2019 - 04:19 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

In the Geforce Control Panel you can click on "Manage 3D Settings" and then "Program Settings" and find WoT in the drop down list, most likely it's set to "Use global settings - Auto-select: NVIDIA GPU" and not "Integrated Graphics", still worth a look though.

Apart from that you haven't updated Windows Updates in a while since you're still on an old version, if nothing comes up when you search for updates you need to run the "Disk Cleanup" utility and clean system files and then Windows Update files, the generally fixes most Windows Update issues:

View PostSuedKAT, on 02 June 2019 - 04:48 AM, said:

Select C and then it will do a quick scan and present you with a Window that looks like this:

Then when you click on Clean up system files it will just scan for system files and end up looking like this:

Then you can click what you want to clean and what you want to save, you want to save the "System Restore points" and if you got the option to compress the drive don't enable it, other than that I tend to clean all of it but you can click on each item to see a description of what it is and what it does. You'll most likely have old Windows update files and logs taking up space and at times removing those can make updates you didn't know you were missing appear when you run Windows Update

​Then you also have sound drivers I'm unfamiliar with (VIA Technologies), however they are from 15/06/2015 and since there have been loads of issues related to out of date sound drivers and yours are rather ancient they most likely need an update. Then also have a look here for a tool from Intel to check your Intel drivers and another for a more generic driver check:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/709348-constant-gamecrashes/page__pid__16957526#entry16957526

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #3 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:56 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12383 battles
Thanks mate for tips and ideas,any chance you got a clue where i should try find sound drivers update or just google it?

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #4 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12383 battles
Ok i did all steps with clean up disk C,managed 3d settings on to geforce card,but total stuck on audio drivers,there website doesnt support any drivers for audio for windows 10 at the moment,i found few other places with there drivers but most of them show same year 2014-2015 so i might be stuck deep with this one...is it costly to change sound board to more known provider?

SuedKAT #5 Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I haven't come across that manufacturer of sound devices at all in the past so the best thing I can think of if you can't find anything online is to use the driver tool linked in my previous post (the link at the very bottom) and have that search for them. Also you most likely can't change the "sound board" on a laptop and even on a regular PC it's mostly tied to the MOBO so you're most likely stuck with what you got.

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #6 Posted 29 June 2019 - 09:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12383 battles

Its all good my friend,i used driver update program from your link and it found sound drivers from 2018,so that fixed,also i did all other steps and its like new laptop now,on medium settings i got 120-180 fps,no lag or enviroment shake,so you solved all i needed,thanks a lot for help,support and advices.

Also DING my friend as from ex Dinger too.Have a good day

SuedKAT #7 Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:44 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Good to hear that it got fixed :)

If any problems come back just post again and we'll dig deeper! 

BpoHiPoBaHHbiJ #8 Posted 05 July 2019 - 11:33 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12383 battles

Hey Sued,

hope you can help me again.All runs smooth and gameplay is perfect but after i finished installing all drivers with Snappy Driver Installer it failed on 2.

So i got

ELAN EzTouchFilter

Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad

both fails working with error code 10,when ki troubleshoot windows try to install updates but fails,i have uninstal both manualy to make laptop keyboard working again.But it makes windows ask for update,installs again in and again keyboard doesnt work.

When i try update them using Snappy Driver,it shows they both has available updates,when i select and push Install,it shows green and ask restart laptop,after this keyboard doesnt work again and they both got Device stop working Error code 10.

I tryed in Device  manager roll back drivers but it doesnt work,also 1-2 days after uninstal windows again ask to install them back.

Btw when i uninstall them my laptop keyboard works again as normal untill i dont install them again.

So as i understand its new drivers failing as never had these 2 in  problems so hope you still can help me again :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users