• 2666 battles

Not the tank itself.

The "clochards" who make these silly posts about how OP it is are killing WoT

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:24 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
I suppose it has added a bit of variety to the usual whingefest topics we have to put up with so credit to them for that at least.

Ceeb #3 Posted 28 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 32221 battles
  • [B--R] B--R

Now people have Go-karts and sky pigs to complain about.

r00barb #4 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

I'm grateful to them. I hadn't considered playing the line as I have so many other lines I should return to grinding but the continued insistence that they're OP has given me the impetus to start. :great:

The biggest problem I've had facing them is judging how much lead to give my shots. Took quite a while to take care of a wheelie in my T-54 last night but I got there in the end. The "critical" hits that barely slow them down can be frustrating when a similar hit on a regular light would stop them in their tracks.

It'd help if half the team didn't seem to think there was witchcraft involved and avoid firing at the wheelies for fear of bringing down a curse that'd turn their milk sour or something. A bit of focus fire would go a long way to dissuading the more ostentatious active scouts.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:21 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostCeeb, on 28 June 2019 - 07:28 AM, said:

Now people have Go-karts and sky pigs to complain about.

I look forward to the introduction of wheeled artillery so we can combine the main subject matter.

Bonus if it only fires premium shells.

tajj7 #6 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:30 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27569 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

WOTs has supposedly died or been ruined a lot since WVs have come in, hell the game ending apocalypse was predicted before they even got into the game, but we are still waiting. 

I am presuming because WG is in the process of doing stuff to premium ammo that the serial complainers need something else to blame for their bad play and losing so they have decided to pick on WVs. 

4nt #7 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27778 battles

View Posttajj7, on 28 June 2019 - 09:30 AM, said:

WOTs has supposedly died or been ruined a lot since WVs french autoloaders have come in, hell the game ending apocalypse was predicted before they even got into the game, but we are still waiting. 

FTFY ;)

r00barb #8 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View Posttajj7, on 28 June 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

I am presuming because WG is in the process of doing stuff to premium ammo that the serial complainers need something else to blame for their bad play and losing so they have decided to pick on WVs. 

Nah, they're busy blaming everything on friendly fire at the moment. :hiding:

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #9 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8567 battles

Most of the complainant base concerning EBRs is the Arty lobby

EBRs have ruined their safe little world

r00barb #10 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:48 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 28 June 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

Most of the complainant base concerning EBRs is the Arty lobby

EBRs have ruined their safe little world

I play arty fairly regularly and the wheelies are little different to regular light tanks as far as I'm concerned. The main issue is my team mates not shooting at them, as mentioned above, not the wheelies themselves. I've taken a few of them out with a judicious splash, even after they've gone unspotted because the players seem to think the rules of don't run in straight lines no longer apply to wheelies.

ValkyrionX #11 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 50479 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS
you all have broken the ****** with these useless threads on wheeled vehicles

tajj7 #12 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:55 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27569 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postr00barb, on 28 June 2019 - 08:48 AM, said:

I play arty fairly regularly and the wheelies are little different to regular light tanks as far as I'm concerned. The main issue is my team mates not shooting at them, as mentioned above, not the wheelies themselves. I've taken a few of them out with a judicious splash, even after they've gone unspotted because the players seem to think the rules of don't run in straight lines no longer apply to wheelies.

I'd reckon he is probably right, they have probably led to a few more arty dying than normal, as they often catch them out early than other lights do and they are more keen to try to slip through the lines mid to late game than other lights are most of the time. 

So its probably had a little impact, but not massive, but he's probably right in that the perception bias will have an impact, you have everyone talking about them yoloing through the team and being impossible to hit or whatever and driving into the base to kill everything, that if it happens once to an arty player they probably think that it happens more than it actually does. 

Shacou #13 Posted 28 June 2019 - 09:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21970 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Conclusion: WoT is a dead life form that is surviving by feeding on players tears.

r00barb #14 Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View Posttajj7, on 28 June 2019 - 08:55 AM, said:

I'd reckon he is probably right, they have probably led to a few more arty dying than normal, as they often catch them out early than other lights do and they are more keen to try to slip through the lines mid to late game than other lights are most of the time. 

So its probably had a little impact, but not massive, but he's probably right in that the perception bias will have an impact, you have everyone talking about them yoloing through the team and being impossible to hit or whatever and driving into the base to kill everything, that if it happens once to an arty player they probably think that it happens more than it actually does. 

In my experience team mates letting them through because they're harder to hit is a bigger issue but the attitude of, "who cares, it's only arty" is prevalent among a large part of the player base. IMO it's the players who can't shoot the wheelies that are making the most noise about them, arty players are generally resigned to being ignored until it's time to blame them for not providing support.

chainreact0r #15 Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33534 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Postr00barb, on 28 June 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

In my experience team mates letting them through because they're harder to hit is a bigger issue but the attitude of, "who cares, it's only arty" is prevalent among a large part of the player base. IMO it's the players who can't shoot the wheelies that are making the most noise about them, arty players are generally resigned to being ignored until it's time to blame them for not providing support.

Every time arty is in danger a smile creeps up on my face regardless if it's friend or foe. And if a fast tank gets to the friendly arty and i'm in a tank/position to help i usually hold my shot until arty dies and then finish off the perpetrator. Doesn't work everytime, since other people are going to shoot the enemy light, but when it works it's worth it.

undutchable80 #16 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10791 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postchainreact0r, on 28 June 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

Every time arty is in danger a smile creeps up on my face regardless if it's friend or foe. And if a fast tank gets to the friendly arty and i'm in a tank/position to help i usually hold my shot until arty dies and then finish off the perpetrator. Doesn't work everytime, since other people are going to shoot the enemy light, but when it works it's worth it.

I find this attitude quite strange. I somewhat get the arty hate, but how is letting a teammate, even if its an SPG, die going to help you win your game? I mean, the enemy arty is still alive and crapping on you from the redline, the only difference is you just lost your ability to do the same for the enemy. Especially if the SPG is conducting counterbattery and trying to make your life on the battlefield easier. By that same attitude, if I get annoyed enough by bushwanking TDs that I cant spot until I am <50m away and having lost over half my hp, I should let my TD teammates who are in trouble die too?

EDIT: deleted Afghanistan anecdote. 

Edited by undutchable80, 28 June 2019 - 11:10 AM.

r00barb #17 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 28 June 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

tajj7 #18 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27569 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postundutchable80, on 28 June 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

I find this attitude quite strange. I somewhat get the arty hate, but how is letting a teammate, even if its an SPG, die going to help you win your game? I mean, the enemy arty is still alive and crapping on you from the redline, the only difference is you just lost your ability to do the same for the enemy. Especially if the SPG is conducting counterbattery and trying to make your life on the battlefield easier. By that same attitude, if I get annoyed enough by bushwanking TDs that I cant spot until I am <50m away and having lost over half my hp, I should let my TD teammates who are in trouble die too?

I'm pretty much of the same mindset to him to be honest, I am not going to go out of my way to protect arty.  It's their dumb fault for getting caught out like that, they have a mini-map like anyone else and to be honest an arty player that gets caught out like that is generally going to be bad anyway, so their impact on the game is going to be so low they are not worth saving. Plus often in games bad arty like that are more hindrance than help, as its not uncommon to see these sort of players hitting allies with splash and stunning them. 

Then there is much fun to be had with an arty player raging at the team IMO. 

Nor would I got out of my way to protect base camping TDs, I mean they are useless anyway so what's the point losing HP trying to protect them when they will just sit there afterwards not moving, not using their HP and being generally useless? 

They only have value when the enemy pushes into them so I suppose that is what is happening, so best you can hope is they bleed some enemy HP or kill a tank or two. 

Also counterbattery lol., yeh that almost never happens. 

chainreact0r #19 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33534 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

View Postundutchable80, on 28 June 2019 - 11:09 AM, said:

It doesn't matter if it's enemy or friendly, dead arty is good arty.

If a light tank got to our arties he either cleans up, in which case the game is already lost or he spots an opening in our ranks in which case he deserves to kill arty.

I will still get clicked on, that is true, but at least one sky pig gets to go to the garage with a bitter taste in their mouth which makes that game a win in my book, regardless of the actual outcome.

The last time i saw counter battery, and not just arta shooting arta when it gets spotted, was in 2015. The arta missions are not designed to work with blind arty counter, and the bots who play arty because it's the only thing they can play, probably never even heard of that term. My best bet would be to force a platoon mate to play arty and only go for counters, which is less than ideal.

TD's are frustrating as well, but not nearly as much as arty. With 500 view range crews you can easily spot them through bushes as you push up to the sniper nests.

An especially good example would involve the EBR which is supposed to be talked about in this post, with which you can push up to his camp position, shoot him in the [edited], go back around, spot the arta, one shot the clicker as well and then get back out with a smile on your face.

r00barb #20 Posted 28 June 2019 - 11:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View Postchainreact0r, on 28 June 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

The last time i saw counter battery, and not just arta shooting arta when it gets spotted, was in 2015.

The last time I saw it was in my last battle on Prok about 5 minutes ago but given it was me returning fire at their M53/55 that'd just tried the same thing at me, I'm not the only one. (He missed because I move between shots and know where my minimap is.)

It's easy to generalise - "all unicums are selfish and don't know the meaning of teamwork except when it's people not supporting them" - but that doesn't make it true.

View Postchainreact0r, on 28 June 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

An especially good example would involve the EBR which is supposed to be talked about in this post, with which you can push up to his camp position, shoot him in the [edited], go back around, spot the arta, one shot the clicker as well and then get back out with a smile on your face.

So far in my experience a camping EBR is much rarer than an arty that doesn't fire counter-battery blind shots. Their strength is in their mobility and speed, I don't think I've seen a static one in any battles so I'm not sure how you're managing to not only find him but get behind him. Guess that must be why I'm not purple. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users