idea

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

grewtanker22 #1 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4329 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG

(I have no idea where to post ideas, so i put it here) So my idea is, that there would be a mode or something called crew mode, where a single tank would be operated by multiple players, for example: Driver; drives the tank, and is responsible for repairs, Gunner; controls turret, and shoots enemies, Loader; loads shells, Radioman, responsible for tank's outside communications, Commander, spots enemies, and can place requests (Where to move, What enemy to shoot), and is the one to choose the tank.

This mode could be spiced up by adding variuos Minigames/Random events

And to minimize Troll/Incompetent crew count, some restrictions should be applied, for example, all crew must consist of Same clan members/Friends only

Really draft idea, but i think this game mode would be an ultimate teamwork challenge.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:30 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25907 battles
And when your drivers' front doorbell rings by the local Jehovah's Witnesses, you've lost your mobility due to someone chasing bible-bashers down the road.

grewtanker22 #3 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:33 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4329 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG

I have numbers in my name, because, i already taken the name without numbers, and that account is lost to time

Edit: Also, now that you mention it, i think there should be a system where one crew member can replace other, at the cost of not being as good as the original crew member, think like the Jack of all trades commander skill.

Edited by grewtanker22, 28 June 2019 - 02:35 PM.

Geno1isme #4 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47346 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

That loader role sounds very engaging ... though probably not as much as the radioman.

Winning team is determined by the amount of people awake at the end of the battle ...

Edited by Geno1isme, 28 June 2019 - 02:42 PM.

grewtanker22 #5 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:46 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4329 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG
Well, as i was saying the minigames/ random events are supposed to make all roles interesting.

Geno1isme #6 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47346 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Sorry, but it sounds like you want some kind of adventure game with tanks rather than a PvP MMO.

Commander: "Kill that enemy IS-7 that is charging at us while he's still reloading"

Gunner: "Sorry, have to complete that minigame first which just popped up"

Loader: "Doesn't matter, random event just caused the shell to drop from the barrel, will take 30s to pick it up and put it back in"

Driver: "Ok, so I'm gonna ram that thing so we'll do some damage before going out ... and I'm bored"

Radioman: "Hey, arty just told me that they fired in front of the IS-7 to save us, so maybe don't ..." *BOOOOM*

If you want this for immersion purposes you'd probably also want people to actually sit inside the tanks, which would require massive changes to the controls and UI. For something that I doubt even 5% of the playerbase would be interested in to just test.

Edited by Geno1isme, 28 June 2019 - 03:11 PM.

onderschepper #7 Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2168 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

This sounds very reminiscent of Star Trek Bridge Crew (almost identical).

It's a good idea for a standalone product, but I do not believe there would be sufficient interest from the PC community to populate the mode if it were implemented.

You could try posting this on the Console forum and see what the reception is like there, as I suspect many of those users have PSVR, for example, which would compliment this idea.  http://forum-console...me-suggestions/

:honoring:

VonniVidiVici #8 Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38691 battles
That wouldn't work as a mode; you'd need to build an entirely new game from the ground up. Could be amusing with VR/motion controls and copious amounts of mind altering substances though.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #9 Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25907 battles

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 29 June 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

Could be amusing with VR/motion controls and copious amounts of mind altering substances though.

It is. :B

grewtanker22 #10 Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4329 battles
  • [KHOG] KHOG

View PostGeno1isme, on 28 June 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

Sorry, but it sounds like you want some kind of adventure game with tanks rather than a PvP MMO.

Commander: "Kill that enemy IS-7 that is charging at us while he's still reloading"

Gunner: "Sorry, have to complete that minigame first which just popped up"

Loader: "Doesn't matter, random event just caused the shell to drop from the barrel, will take 30s to pick it up and put it back in"

Driver: "Ok, so I'm gonna ram that thing so we'll do some damage before going out ... and I'm bored"

Radioman: "Hey, arty just told me that they fired in front of the IS-7 to save us, so maybe don't ..." *BOOOOM*

If you want this for immersion purposes you'd probably also want people to actually sit inside the tanks, which would require massive changes to the controls and UI. For something that I doubt even 5% of the playerbase would be interested in to just test.

Well this is supposed to be the ultimate teamwork challenge, now that you mention it i think it would be appropriate for it to be 1vs1, and for the minigames i decided that they should be more forgiving, such as in the part: Loader: "Doesn't matter, random event just caused the shell to drop from the barrel, will take 30s to pick it up and put it back in"  i think the loading shouldn't completely fail, but rather slow down or something, and participants should be awarded rather greatly for winning, considering it takes lots of cooperation and effort to do so, also, that's what criticism is for, based on you criticizing my idea, i have better idea on how to improve it. 

Something else i wanted to mention before posting this:

I was inspired to post this idea by tankfest, which recently took place, don't ask what exactly made me to consider posting this in the first place, but that's that.

After i watched the said livestream, i was thinking of the gamemode, in which each player would control individual crew member, but the controls would be let's just say arcady, without players controling a crew member as a seperate playable character, but rather control seperate tank parts; ok, this last part is way too long so i'll stop

22:00 Added after 4 minutes
Also, reading further i noticed some of you mentioning it as a standalone game, but my opinion is neutral, i don't really mind it going one way or another, anyways thanks for improving my idea.
22:03 Added after 7 minutes
Also, i might come back to reply to other comments if they pop up, but no promises.

Also tagged with idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users