Team damage fix or not?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

hasnainrakha57 #1 Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16304 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE

1)Just at the beginning of battle a tier 6 scout fire apcr at my tier 5 for no good reason.

2)A friendly obj 268v4 near me getting beaten by super conquer fires two heat rounds at me for no good reason(thanks God none penetrated me ) and says to me fck u IS7(I dint  blocked him or do anything to him.

3)Have you ever played recently a match against 5 Arty yes I did 3 enemy Arty hit me and 2 of Friendly Arty also hit me in Hope of doing damage to enemy near me.

Much more also....

Edited by hasnainrakha57, 28 June 2019 - 02:58 PM.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #2 Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8650 battles

If you are a top tier boss tank there are certain expectations and responsibilities which come with the job

and the rest of the teamplay flows around that anchor, which is you

I hate being top tier boss tank because it means I really can't go off and do my thing

and this is at tier 8 max for me

So tier 10 will be even more intense I would think

edit The other stuff is just team damage which happens

If they do it too much they turn blue

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 28 June 2019 - 03:18 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #3 Posted 28 June 2019 - 03:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33380 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 28 June 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

If you are a top tier boss tank there are certain expectations and responsibilities which come with the job

and the rest of the teamplay flows around that anchor, which is you

I hate being top tier boss tank because it means I really can't go off and do my thing

and this is at tier 8 max for me

So tier 10 will be even more intense I would think

edit The other stuff is just team damage which happens

If they do it too much they turn blue

1. He was tier 5, receiving teamdamage from a tier 6 light.

2. He was in a full tier 10 battle.

3. Arty will be arty...

Remove teamdamage WG, and hurry up. I beg you.

enu_ #4 Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 22969 battles
  • [-322-] -322-
can we see replays?

TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48405 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Im on the fence about stopping team damage. I find it a useful "balance" tactic for those friendlies that need it, but then the amount of times ive been unintentionally shot, therby ruining me game, is quite high.

OP - would really like to see the replay liek Enu said

Balc0ra #6 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70955 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 28 June 2019 - 05:53 PM, said:

Im on the fence about stopping team damage. I find it a useful "balance" tactic for those friendlies that need it, but then the amount of times ive been unintentionally shot, therby ruining me game, is quite high.

I'm the same. Mostly because of the effect turning it off on console had. There vs just shooting you once and that's it if you don't return fire. Now it's shot that does nothing. Then drive in front to block you. Push you if they are bigger, or flip you if the can. Swedish TD's are popular for the last one. If they want to end an argument... they will. TD or not.

That and no FF means you can rig stun missions. I've seen some funny ways to sort out arty missions on console. Keep in mind they can have 5 man platoons. But I've seen 3 E-100's box in a tier 8 late game that can't pen anyone of them so their arty platoon mate can "farm" him. Imagine that with stun timers.

Tho that said... Early 1.6 leaks might suggest it's not far off. Or tested at least. 

r00barb #7 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

I lost most of my hp in my last battle thanks to a TD on our team who either didn't know or didn't care that my light spots things using binos and that means sitting still. He pushed me out in front of the enemy, got himself killed and took me down to 15hp.

How would removing friendly fire change that?

Oh and I haven't been shot by a friendly at all today, not even splashed by friendly arty. And I received my 221st Battle Buddy ribbon earlier so it's been mutual.

onderschepper #8 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2081 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

I liked Modern Warfare 2's Hardcore Ricochet approach - "Friendly fire is still enabled, but in the matter that the damage done to teammates is inflicted towards the player with no damage done to the teammate shot." (https://callofduty.f...m/wiki/Hardcore)

This method forces players to think before they take a shot, without one nit-wit being able to ruin everybody's game. :)

Pansenmann #9 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 35750 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postonderschepper, on 28 June 2019 - 06:11 PM, said:

I liked Modern Warfare 2's Hardcore Ricochet approach - "Friendly fire is still enabled, but in the matter that the damage done to teammates is inflicted towards the player with no damage done to the teammate shot." (https://callofduty.f...m/wiki/Hardcore)

This method forces players to think before they take a shot, without one nit-wit being able to ruin everybody's game. :)

I could live the the WoWS approach.

removing FF completely would just dumb down the game even more.

Blubba #10 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 59056 battles

I wonder if they could turn off team damage from arty but make it count as team damage for the sake of punishment.

I say this not because I am some kind of arty hater. I am not but artillery is, for me at any rate, the class who is responsible for the most team damage/kills and yet I am not sure I have ever seen one turn blue.

The fact that they can't damage their team would make them act even more rashly than they currently do but a ban would soon chill their ardour. It would certainly give them something to think about when their team mate is in close quarter combat before they mark the ground and yet they still fire.

Sorry but it's a pet hate.

onderschepper #11 Posted 28 June 2019 - 06:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2081 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

View PostPansenmann, on 28 June 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

I could live the the WoWS approach.

removing FF completely would just dumb down the game even more.

It always amuses me when I'm in the sin-bin of Co-op and see several other Pinkies serving out their sentence. :D

I, like I assume many others, am never there deliberately but WoWS seems to be an easier environment within which to cause accidental damage - especially when a friendly Destroyer on an unannounced Kamikaze run takes the hits (every visit to the sin-bin has been the result of this phenomenon). :angry:

Gruff_ #12 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19330 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'd like team damage kept its a battle mechanic that makes sense, friendly fire should add another risk reward/skill element to think about for players.  For people that use it to grief, they will move on to other things that are harder for "the system" to log and hand out bans from.

Bordhaw #13 Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:09 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14128 battles

View PostIf_I_Die_You_Die_Too, on 28 June 2019 - 02:15 PM, said:

I would guess the rest of your team would hate you being top tier too. 

hasnainrakha57 #14 Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16304 battles
  • [WFTTE] WFTTE

View Postenu_, on 28 June 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

can we see replays?

http://wotreplays.eu...ainrakha57-is-7

Got hands on one other are hard to find but all happens same week

06:04 Added after 0 minutes

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 28 June 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

OP - would really like to see the replay liek Enu said

http://wotreplays.eu...ainrakha57-is-7

spamhamstar #15 Posted 29 June 2019 - 07:57 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 64313 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 28 June 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

2. He was in a full tier 10 battle.

2. No he really wasn't.

WG already had to remove cross team chat because we can't behave ourselves.  It'll be a pretty damning indictment on the playerbase if they also have to remove team damage for the same reason.  Unless things have changed dramatically since I last played, this is being blown out of all proportion.  I can only remember 4 or 5 instances of being deliberately shot by team mates in nearly 65k battles.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 29 June 2019 - 10:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21998 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBlubba, on 28 June 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

I wonder if they could turn off team damage from arty but make it count as team damage for the sake of punishment.

I say this not because I am some kind of arty hater. I am not but artillery is, for me at any rate, the class who is responsible for the most team damage/kills and yet I am not sure I have ever seen one turn blue.

The fact that they can't damage their team would make them act even more rashly than they currently do but a ban would soon chill their ardour. It would certainly give them something to think about when their team mate is in close quarter combat before they mark the ground and yet they still fire.

Sorry but it's a pet hate.

That has a quite simpler fix. Add splash damage do team damage. The algorithm WG uses at the moment don't consider splash damage at all, so you get hit, damaged and not even compensated. That is also why arty rarely turns blue.

7thSyndicate #17 Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46603 battles
Its funny i rarely get team damage, somethimes by mistake but happens. Some ppl just like to make team mates rage for some reason

Edited by 7thSyndicate, 29 June 2019 - 12:23 PM.

mpf1959 #18 Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25060 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
 I never heard such a load of balls! Dumb is having the team damage in, sense is removing it. Get rid, it's stupid, annoying and brings no positive aspect to the game.

vixu #19 Posted 29 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 44547 battles

well...

I am pro-team-damage, cause simply removing it will remove lots of tactical aspects of the game. Using your opponents as a shield, for example. Another issue is that one would able to hide behind own team members and shooting from under thier "arm pit" w/o worrying of hitting them. 

Front lines are not a good indication of a success for friendly fire removal. The whole game mode is all about selfish damage/cap(dedcap grab.

However, one solution that might be ok to my mind, is to remove the team damage, but to introduce something like "shock" state to the crew members. If you hit a friendly then for 20 seconds your whole crew is suffering tripple stun effect. 

Randomar #20 Posted 29 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26817 battles

Block Quote

https://thearmoredpa...ease-in-august/

26 June 2019
Patch 1.6 will be a special one – WG promises to bring new events and bringing quality of life changes to the table. One of which – disabled team damage. (Counter strike) 1.6 is not too far away, and it will surely be great patch.
Note: Patch 1.6 will also add new premium tanks like the tier 8 T54E2 to the client.

You shoot at your team
friendly player becomes visible
will get killed by enemy

This offers even more possibilities to team-kill camping scouts, concealed artilleries, tomatoes or unikums.
(In better words: let them be killed)

In the next release even perhaps without punishment!
Wargaming are you serious?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users