Camo/ view range mechanics broken ?!?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Jvardakis202 #1 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18415 battles
  • [HETAS] HETAS

Are the camo / view range mechanics broken?? Do tank stats and crew skills even matter or does RNG decide who gets spotted and when?

So im spotting the swamp in Karelia with my elc even 90 nose deep in the bushes. Already killed the one enemy light so not worried about getting spotted. As I attempt to move up to the next bush I suddenly see enemy FV4202 light up less than 40m away!

Needless to say I immediately light up and blown to bits.... 

He was spotted on the hill less than a minute before, which means he had to have crossed the open ground without getting spotted.

Now I have full skill crew with 48.6% camo and 465m view range.

So one of, if not THE, stealthiest tanks in the game getting outspotted by FV4202 medium?!?

Pls explain how!

Suggestions welcome, thanks fellow tankers

replay link attached*

http://wotreplays.eu...202-elc_even_90

shikaka9 #2 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 68628 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
camo more or less never existed in this game, WG faked it :angry:

Balc0ra #3 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70945 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

First of all, it was 130m away... in the open. Not 40m.

Secondly and most importantly. You sat in the most dense area of bushes creating camo for you. And the camo value they give increasing your camo... Works both ways as that also creates blind zones vs the open field he crossed that you can't see. Why? Double bushes, and you were more than 15m behind most of them. As then he has an 80% camo rating vs you as those bushes are reucing your effective view range in that direction. And camo is capped at 80%. As each bush gives 50% to his rating. Even on the move or firing. And when you have that many double bushes between you and a moving target. Even an E100 could sneak up on you.

Thus you did not spot him until he got close enough due to all the bushes, and he spotted you again once he was 50m away. 

If the FV was your main concern. You should have moved so you could see him cross. Not stay behind all those bushes and only have line of sight vs the base. As that view range you have, only works in the open vs a target with no camo. The more camo they have, the closer they have to be for you to spot them.

As your spotting distance vs a target is your view range, minus 50, multiplied by his camo rating, divide that by 100. And then take your base view range minus that result. So you can't spot anything with 80% camo until he is 133m away when you have that many double bushes.

Edited by Balc0ra, 28 June 2019 - 08:41 PM.

onderschepper #4 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2060 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

Those double bushes plus any additions the FV owner has made (100% Camo Crew Skills, Food, Camo Paint, BIA, etc.) can add up to 73% of camo whilst moving.

http://www.wotinfo.n...camo-calculator

Orkbert #5 Posted 28 June 2019 - 08:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 27520 battles
Well, Balc0ra has essentially ninja'd what I wanted to write, except that I would have called that area triple or even quadruple bushes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users