endgame future content

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Paul_Kouadio #1 Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5188 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

This is about in-game content, not playerbase.

I just had this thought... Will WG eventually stop adding new content, like tanks, tech trees and nations, to World of Tanks? Because the truth is that they've constrained the game to a particular timeframe (with a few outliers), in the name of preventing certain technologies from being in-game. They have also made sure tech trees are nation-based (although WoWS kinda takes a different route). This means that there is only so much WG can put in the game, before running out of legit ideas (unless they want to keep making clones and/or fake tanks). 

I believe this is the reason why WG have been introducing so many Soviet/Russian tank designs in-game, as the Soviets had a plethora of tank projects over the decades, and WG presumably has easy access to archives and stuff.

Don't forget that players enjoy new things, so although dedicated players will still find the game enjoyable even with a rather constant set of tanks, many will be put off by the lack of "newness" at some point.

So I reckon this game will eventually stall in terms of new, unique content. I mean, it has to, right? What do you think?

P.S. I guess this means that WoT will change noticeably in terms of content over the next few years.

Dorander #2 Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:13 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21014 battles

Well, on the one hand there's obviously a finite number of designs in the world that they could implement, whether these only exist on paper or otherwise. However, as we see with wheeled vehicles, Wargaming's perfectly willing to introduce a different vehicle type into the game to expand their repertoire.

Given that I suppose it's mostly a matter of whether or not they can imagine suitable game mechanics for everything out there, as long as they can, they can introduce pretty much anything and never run out of options.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Developer Q&A

High-level content. What to do when you finished the game? (researched and unlocked and upgraded every tank to top modifications)

Within two years, we’ll present something that would satisfy those who’ve “finished” the game.

That was 3 months ago. If they were referring to tiers and tanks beyond tier 10 or something like WOT 2.0, i think it'll be a while.

onderschepper #4 Posted 29 June 2019 - 03:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2113 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

If I were to take a wild guess, I would say that Wargaming's original business model did not anticipate for this game to still have a substantial number of players almost a decade after release.

The biggest problem WG have now is the age of their engine, and whilst the new iteration of Modern Warfare demonstrates what can be accomplished by simply upgrading an old Engine (several years older than the WoT Engine), the current Engine shall be a limiting factor to any future improvements.

Additionally the new MW Engine merely improves the aesthetics of the game, and though I am sure such changes would be welcome in WoT, personally I would prefer greater intricacy within the level design and combat/ vehicle mechanics.

Vulture_IX #5 Posted 29 June 2019 - 04:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 20873 battles
If WG is going in the same way forward without addressing the map size or vehicle scaling, random matches will become a 1 minute affair. One sideeffect might be that WOT will abandon the "arcade" playstyle in-front of more realistic one-shot-one-kill with higher and higher alpha. A few vehicles can adhere to this reality in current meta. Anyway WG has a though nut to crack with a dwindling playerbase and trying to keep players with better and better vehicles making new players feel less potent from the get-go.

NekoPuffer_PPP #6 Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:03 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33389 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

There are players who've played several 100 thousand battles in WoT. They're not plentiful but they're out there.

If you feel 5000 battles is nearing endgame then you're missing the point. People keep playing tanks they like, they'll never reach endgame, they play because they want to.

This is not a game with a career mode. There is no endgame, and there's already plenty of content in it.

ExclamationMark #7 Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:05 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16785 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

Doubtful.

WoT didn't start off with tier 10s. What's to say it will end with tier 10s?

Negativvv #8 Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11642 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
The end is what you make of it.

All things run their course but if you're bored then move on. No point speculating about WG's questionable balancing and business practices or whatever.

I'm in it to unlock the best tanks of the tech tree then to 3 Mark as much as I can.

Then I might give up...

Paul_Kouadio #9 Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:40 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5188 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 29 June 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

There are players who've played several 100 thousand battles in WoT. They're not plentiful but they're out there.

If you feel 5000 battles is nearing endgame then you're missing the point. People keep playing tanks they like, they'll never reach endgame, they play because they want to.

This is not a game with a career mode. There is no endgame, and there's already plenty of content in it.

I don't feel like I'm done with WoT; I enjoy it. I'm just thinking of what WG will end up doing. 

VonniVidiVici #10 Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38691 battles
Considering WG's love of money and downright inspiring ability to find blueprints of amazing machines nobody ever heard of combined with the playerbase's high whale content, I highly doubt it.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #11 Posted 29 June 2019 - 05:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8704 battles

I would imagine that they will eventually

Possibly even a new client WoT2 with modern vehicles

It's a good game for old duffers, stops the grey matter stagnating

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 29 June 2019 - 05:58 PM.

r00barb #12 Posted 29 June 2019 - 06:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26740 battles
Endgame will be extended tiers up to 12 with more modern tanks, post Cold War up to about 1990 and definitely not a new Afghanistan map because absolutely nothing happened there in the 1980s, comrade.

Also tagged with endgame, future, content

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users