Victory/Defeat

Win-Rate

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

_Ghidorah_ #1 Posted 30 June 2019 - 01:15 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4797 battles

Just a question for more experienced players or any player actually.

Yesterday morning i started playing my obj 705 with an great 67% win rate the eve before and the one before were great games few defeats let us say atleast 65% win from the games i played, thing is yesterday eve i wanted to play a lil more so i went playing with a platoon mate pretty decent player sadly enough from my 20 games i played only about 6 resulted in a win even worse my 705 went from an respectable 67% to an awfull 28/30% i am not the greatest player but i know 100% how to play the 705 705a is-m better said rear mounted turret tanks, every match i block dmg more then enough and me and my platoon mate deal about 8k dmg in good match like i said am not the best player but still it confuses me alot any one who has an answer to the loses? Losing 70% of your games in one eve feels heartbreaking but yeh thats how it goes i guess haha might be the server since i played on EU2 instead of 1? Kind regards. GHI

Dorander #2 Posted 30 June 2019 - 01:26 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 21014 battles

I never really noticed any difference between the servers.

The short of it is, you're 1/15th of your team, 2/15th if you have a platoon mate. There's only so much you can do, if your team does nothing and gets wiped out, even a good game for you can easily end up in a loss. Weekends tend to be especially erratic with results.

Looking at your 705, you only got 27 battles in it. So you had one good evening when you ended up with the 65%, and a pretty bad day today. Your average damage is 1269, which isn't very high. Consistent winrates is all about doing well consistently, if one game you do 8k together it's perfectly possible to lose that match 'cause your team is dead and you get swarmed. If the next game you die early, the only way you get a win out of that is if your team happens to carry the game without you.

When you play more battles in your 705 and start dealing more damage consistently, you'll also see your winrate rise, though you can probably expect to see it bounce back up from the 25% anyway since that's improbably low and shouldn't last over a more significant number of games. 

_Ghidorah_ #3 Posted 30 June 2019 - 01:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 4797 battles

View PostDorander, on 30 June 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

I never really noticed any difference between the servers.

The short of it is, you're 1/15th of your team, 2/15th if you have a platoon mate. There's only so much you can do, if your team does nothing and gets wiped out, even a good game for you can easily end up in a loss. Weekends tend to be especially erratic with results.

Looking at your 705, you only got 27 battles in it. So you had one good evening when you ended up with the 65%, and a pretty bad day today. Your average damage is 1269, which isn't very high. Consistent winrates is all about doing well consistently, if one game you do 8k together it's perfectly possible to lose that match 'cause your team is dead and you get swarmed. If the next game you die early, the only way you get a win out of that is if your team happens to carry the game without you.

When you play more battles in your 705 and start dealing more damage consistently, you'll also see your winrate rise, though you can probably expect to see it bounce back up from the 25% anyway since that's improbably low and shouldn't last over a more significant number of games. 

Yeh its only 2, might be bad play time to time but when spotters die i just go and spot a little so my team can fire.. also my best plays are in platoon with that one guy cause we make an plan and attack but never the less, lets hope.for an better result in a few hours and yes i only have 28 battles and 1.3k dmg avg, why? Well yesterday was an awfull day for me on wot lose after lose like i mentioned but i aint giving up hope  thnks for reply 

Dorander #4 Posted 30 June 2019 - 01:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 21014 battles

View Post_Ghidorah_, on 30 June 2019 - 12:36 AM, said:

Yeh its only 2, might be bad play time to time but when spotters die i just go and spot a little so my team can fire.. also my best plays are in platoon with that one guy cause we make an plan and attack but never the less, lets hope.for an better result in a few hours and yes i only have 28 battles and 1.3k dmg avg, why? Well yesterday was an awfull day for me on wot lose after lose like i mentioned but i aint giving up hope thnks for reply 

Well the thing to consider is, why did you not get a chance to deal more damage during those fights? Were you too passive? Too agressive? Did you not aim carefully enough?

It's not your job to spot for other people, this is in fact even true for a light tank. It is your job to use your tank as effectively as possible, depending on the situation on the battlefield and the location you are in. If your lights die early, so be it. The 705 is a brawler, stick to cover and close-mid range combats, don't advance into a gunline because other people can't snipe otherwise. You'll just be overexposing yourself and getting blown up, so that your team can get shots in probably worth less than the hp you just lost.

It's a perfectly viable tactic to hold position if you know you can keep your weakspots covered and your enemy's going to both outspot and outgun you if you advance. There's a lot of grey area between camping and yoloing, so look carefully at the minimap and judge accordingly.

ASH_DM #5 Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24894 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

it's harder to see that your ability as one 15th of a team being limited when you play in games - 15 in a row today  where the kill count is less than 5 for the home side.  It's dispiriting, so much so that WoT is now uninstalled despite my 600 plus days of premium still to play.  I will no doubt be back as WoT eats most of my free time for 6 years now and I am going to miss it but I need the break to acquire a less impassioned response to being repeatedly spanked - and not in a good way:-)

I am at best, only an Average player but I find that the losing streaks have become more common and 0:15 losses are now a daily occurrence rather than rare beasts to be laughed off as 's'@#t happens'.

I will be back in 30 days and hope to resume enthusiastic engagement with the game and the Community but its hard to see how gaming in WoT - Outside of clan battles - can ever again completely absorb me.  Especially since the only things affecting team selection in game account only for the tanks, not their players.  Not that that would be easy to do for WG.

Hope you all continue to enjoy the game as when I return, I will need you all:-)

Regards to all

Robbie_T #6 Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19540 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View Post_Ghidorah_, on 30 June 2019 - 01:15 AM, said:

Yesterday morning i started playing my obj 705 with an great 67% win rate the eve before and the one before were great games few defeats let us say atleast 65% win from the games i played, thing is yesterday eve i wanted to play a lil more so i went playing with a platoon mate pretty decent player sadly enough from my 20 games i played only about 6 resulted in a win even worse my 705 went from an respectable 67% to an awfull 28/30% i am not the greatest player but i know 100% how to play the 705 705a is-m better said rear mounted turret tanks, every match i block dmg more then enough and me and my platoon mate deal about 8k dmg in good match like i said am not the best player but still it confuses me alot any one who has an answer to the loses? Losing 70% of your games in one eve feels heartbreaking but yeh thats how it goes i guess haha might be the server since i played on EU2 instead of 1? Kind regards. GHI

Dont play in the weekend!

Weekend+event=bye bye winrate.

Than you think go platoon...if you in a 3 man platoon you can bet the rest of your team are the worst players they can find.

(the type of players that you think  how can they even breath )

So this weekend i went on Steam and bought some games during the summer sale ...so i can avoid wot weekends.

Edited by Robbie_T, 30 June 2019 - 03:17 PM.

Hedgehog_small_tanks #7 Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 701 battles

View Post_Ghidorah_, on 30 June 2019 - 12:15 AM, said:

Only you know the in battle events that meant you lost, but the obvious fact is that your teams (including you) as a team didn't play as well as the enemy team.  That is how anyone loses a game.

Edited by Hedgehog_small_tanks, 30 June 2019 - 04:10 PM.

ExclamationMark #8 Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16785 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
Your stats will normalize overtime. It's just the nature of this game.

_Ghidorah_ #9 Posted 30 June 2019 - 05:37 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4797 battles

View PostRobbie_T, on 30 June 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

Dont play in the weekend!

Weekend+event=bye bye winrate.

Than you think go platoon...if you in a 3 man platoon you can bet the rest of your team are the worst players they can find.

(the type of players that you think  how can they even breath )

So this weekend i went on Steam and bought some games during the summer sale ...so i can avoid wot weekends.

Well no more weekends for me cause this crapalways happens.in the weekend, during the week crapgoes pretty fine actually so thanks

monthey_ #10 Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40001 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC
That's why I am a solo player and only platoon when I feel its needed. For some reason I get too many bad games when platooned. Might be the nerves of failing my toonmates or smhtn.. don't rly know..

Edited by monthey_, 30 June 2019 - 06:04 PM.

Benistown_GagsoisbisteDD #11 Posted 30 June 2019 - 06:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16711 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Long answer: Try to do atleast your hp worth of dmg per game and then start to worry about wr. After that you just need to consider where to park that hunk of junk to be most beneficial for your team and start pumping that wr up from the hole you sank it in.
Also unless you've mastered the way of the wallet i have a hunch that you are running that 705 as stock. So worry about wr and dmg after you grinded out modules.
Short answer: Who cares about wr in a single tank, i got 46% in 277 and it hasnt affected my epeener length that much

Ceeb #12 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:07 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 32221 battles
  • [B--R] B--R

Started yesterday with a very good win rate... kept playing due to the wins.  It was like win three, lose one,  Win four, Lose one, can handle it.  Found a new love in the Cromwell.

Started again at 20:00, while watching Signal11th on Twitch and enjoying the banter with Floppy and Baz about tank fest... Lost 6 on the bounce, won 1. Lost another 3 then logged... While wining I'll stay and play, while losing i have no time for the game and leave before I break another mouse.

Its swings and roundabouts.

Edited by Ceeb, 01 July 2019 - 09:10 AM.

MrClark56 #13 Posted 01 July 2019 - 09:42 AM

Major

• Player
  • 6892 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Lol the wr on my cav action X was 13 percent after my first few games.. it is now back up to a very respectabke unicum WR of 38%.. and i am 100% confident.. that i know how to play it.. tank is bad!! Kappa...

Well.. deal more dmg yr WR will get back into place eventually 

OIias_of_Sunhillow #14 Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:04 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25902 battles

View Postmonthey_, on 30 June 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

That's why I am a solo player and only platoon when I feel its needed. For some reason I get too many bad games when platooned. Might be the nerves of failing my toonmates or smhtn.. don't rly know..

I suffer from the same, 'yips'.

Platoon with me at your peril.

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22771 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I will never understand the weird self deception.

Do you think the 70% wins were because you suddenly became a godlike player? I mean seriously?

Nishi_Kinuyo #16 Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:45 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8602 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Hm...

Spoiler

NUKLEAR_SLUG #17 Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

OP, the way to look at it is that you had one good day and one bad day. Is it really a surprise that you can have good days and bad days?

The question is do you have more good days than bad days? If the answer is yes then don't worry about it. If not find out what you're doing wrong.

Jauhesammutin #18 Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI
On average you are doing 1300 dpg so your platoonmate is having fantastic games with 6700 dpg :ohmy:

Also tagged with Win-Rate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users