pk relentless pinger team damage

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Trollebos #1 Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8958 battles

Hello,

I know this seems overreacting to put this here, but I'm sick of people shooting you because you don't play like they want. I wouldn't write this if I knew this was an isolated situation, but being a Claus Kellerman subscriber, I know very well that this is not (see his biggest a**holes series on youtube); and since the report function doesn't feel reliable to me (and I can't access it at the moment), I'd rather make this public in the forums (again, I acknowledge this might be a bit overreacting, but I've got an hour to waste anyway).

Edited*

So tell me, am I overreacting, did the way I played warrant such actions, or anything else?

There is always the possibility that this player snapped after a series of bad games, or was under any other unfortunate conditions or circumstances; so please don't be abusive towards him/her, and keep the discussion civil. 

(forgive me if I made any grammatical mistakes, english is not my native language, and while there is a forum dedicated to mine, I wanted to make this topic available to as wide an audience as possible)

Edited by darksum87, 01 July 2019 - 02:44 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming

Show_me_ur_TDs #2 Posted 30 June 2019 - 03:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 449 battles

They really just don't care. Its just that simple. They will say they do, they will pretend, and in the mean time people get away with everything. I had a guy chase me across the map shooting at me and ramming me because I didn't play to his liking. Then our teams TD came around a corner to get over to me, aimed the other direction to point at me and shot me and killed me. I sent in a replay and nothing ever happened to them, their games played just kept going up.

So really they just don't care.

Gruff_ #3 Posted 30 June 2019 - 04:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19407 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You have to let it go, don't bother shooting back, it's just 1 game out of "n".

OmniWalou #4 Posted 30 June 2019 - 05:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostShow_me_ur_TDs, on 30 June 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

They really just don't care. Its just that simple. They will say they do, they will pretend, and in the mean time people get away with everything. I had a guy chase me across the map shooting at me and ramming me because I didn't play to his liking. Then our teams TD came around a corner to get over to me, aimed the other direction to point at me and shot me and killed me. I sent in a replay and nothing ever happened to them, their games played just kept going up.

They do actually care, about physics abuse and harassment. 3/3 reports of mine resulting into 3 day bans for the players tells me that they care. It would be 4, but after watching the replay I realised I was partly provoking the person by driving in front of him and blocking him from shooting and stole a kill that way from him. I would say treat it as F1 rules, one has to be wholly or predominantly to be blamed for something in order for them to issue a penalty for the player. There is multiple ways your issue might have been gone

1. You provoked the person to do so and then went crying to the support

2. You filed it under the wrong section ie team damage and got an automated response (happened to me and I just did it again and it went through)

3. The player eventually got banned and you just expected it to be immediate and permanent. Of course no one gets perma banned for such thing and the penalizing isn't immediate.

4. None of it actually happened

It makes perfect sense for them to automate the teamdamage system also. Otherwise they would be getting flooded with reports from people getting shot once by a teammate and the reporters demanding perma bans for the offenders. You already get credits for the damage taken and that's enough to sort it out, not a big problem. For physics abuse, I repeat, they do care about it and act on it. But make sure you are not provoking the person to do something to you.

TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:13 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48407 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
Not watched the reply and it's very subjective topic. But If I was losing a close game due to a tank not being useful when it could be then my frustrations may lead me to challenge said tankers lack of actions with lead. It's an emotive subject that, thankfully, doesn't happen often

CraftyVeteran #6 Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6687 battles
  • [-B2C-] -B2C-

View PostShow_me_ur_TDs, on 30 June 2019 - 03:17 AM, said:

you don't know what they did because they can't tell you. its against eu data protection law.

Amnariel #7 Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3650 battles

The only way to solve this would be the deactivation of friendly fire any other method would result in abuse sadly...I have a Mod which prevents me from shooting Teammates and probably saved me from several bans already  but it wont prevent ramming.

For me when they try pushing me around is no longer an issue since I drive japanese heavies xD but the number of these type of annoying players who shoots you,pushes you have increased drasticaly in the past years...

Blubba #8 Posted 30 June 2019 - 07:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 59174 battles
Blacklist for that battle is your friend. Also, you can turn off communication from anyone but the players on your friends list and you never hear any whining after battle either. You don't get invites from clans either (might explain something I guess...) or congratulatory notes because those obviously come through thick and fast but that's a small price to pay.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #9 Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8704 battles

So tell me, am I overreacting, did the way I played warrant such actions, or anything else?

We live in a world filled with nutters and desperate attention seekers and he's not really hurting you like it's in the real world so you need to adapt and develop the skills to ignore this sort of individual

WoT is great for anger management, teach yourself not to retaliate, it's a harmless game

In WoT you really can laugh or you can react when you run into these folk

He very probably has some form or mental illness and WoT is actually providing a non real world outlet for his issues

A premium tank definitely helps since you still make a profit when you run into whackoboy

Most people are ok and just want to play WoT, focus on them and ignore the nut job in the corner

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:17 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33093 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

Yes, you're overreacting. There are hundreds of thousands of games played every day. Just because Claus shows a few idiots being idiots doesn't mean there is a huge idiot problem.

XOR42 #11 Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20423 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

In my 20k battles, I can't remember ever getting shot on purpose by anyone, nor have I ever shot a friendly tank outside of accidents. I have no inclination at all to shoot people on my team for any reason.

I have never been "sick" of anyone or anything regardless of who they are, what tank class they are playing in, what clan they are in, what kind of crayola ammunition they are using, what the matchmaker is doing - I just play to enjoy myself, hope I make a contribution to my team winning and that is it. Everything else is so much water of a arties ducks back.

It's a game.. ..on your computer, in your room, in your country, on this globe, in our solar system. In proportion, your prolem is so negligable that it really doesn't exist.

Edited by XOR42, 30 June 2019 - 08:36 AM.

unhappy_bunny #12 Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:13 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19412 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

yes, you overreacted. You should have just continued to ignore him, or moved to another area. 

A question for you OP. 

You state there is a section in your native language. Did you also post this in that section? I appreciate your desire to reach as wide an audience as possible, but wouldn't posting it in your language section help to reach that wider audience? 

HassenderZerhacker #13 Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29965 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostTrollebos, on 30 June 2019 - 02:20 AM, said:

Hello,

I know this seems overreacting to put this here, but I'm sick of people shooting you because you don't play like they want. I wouldn't write this if I knew this was an isolated situation, but being a Claus Kellerman subscriber, I know very well that this is not (see his biggest a**holes series on youtube); and since the report function doesn't feel reliable to me (and I can't access it at the moment), I'd rather make this public in the forums (again, I acknowledge this might be a bit overreacting, but I've got an hour to waste anyway).

I won't go into the details, you can find them in the replay here http://wotreplays.eu/site/4940825#studzianki-trollebos-type_61 (and if you have any critique on my playstyle, feel free to tell me what you think). Basically, a player (whose name you can find in the replay) kept relentlessly pinging my location before deciding that it would be a wise idea to shoot me in the back since I was ignoring him. I snapped, took matters into my own hands, and made sure he wouldn't do so again (I destroyed his tanks, if that wasn't clear enough). I take full responsibility for my ban and actions, but what about this player? Aside than the report function, there is not much of an outlet to give detailed informations about what exactly happened, and that's why I wanted to make it public here.

There is always the possibility that this player snapped after a series of bad games, or was under any other unfortunate conditions or circumstances; so please don't be abusive towards him/her, and keep the discussion civil. 

(forgive me if I made any grammatical mistakes, english is not my native language, and while there is a forum dedicated to mine, I wanted to make this topic available to as wide an audience as possible)

the report function doesn't seem to work, since we don't get any feedback.

you do your report, get an automated response along the lines of "we are sorry for your inconvenience, we will handle this, the player will be punished appropriately", and then you never hear anything anymore. The next day, you meet the same player again in battle.

reporting is like a big black hole...

... which reminds me of: the only thing that can work is to send the replay to Claus Kellerman and hope he will include it in one of his "biggest [edited]" videos.

Bracciano_gatto #14 Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2857 battles

OP, the troll won you lost.

Troll  1

You   0

Trollebos #15 Posted 30 June 2019 - 10:40 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8958 battles

Thank you all for the answers so far. To clarify, when I ask if I'm overreacting, it's not about what I did in the game (obviously I overreacted and did something stupid and got punished for it), it's about opening a forum thread about it.

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 30 June 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

yes, you overreacted. You should have just continued to ignore him, or moved to another area. 

A question for you OP. 

You state there is a section in your native language. Did you also post this in that section? I appreciate your desire to reach as wide an audience as possible, but wouldn't posting it in your language section help to reach that wider audience? 

To answer your question, I posted this in the english speaking forum only because I think it is by far the widest community and I also think that it is safe to assume that most people check the english forums no matter what their native language is (I may be wrong on that).

arthurwellsley #16 Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:11 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53843 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. I took the time and effort to watch the replay.

2. The OP Trollebos is a complete idiot and deserved to go blue and be banned.

3. Takes a position in the centre of Studziankijust in the centre ditch, which allows him to shot across to the heavy side and also the ridge on the enemy side where the TD's sit. Well and good. Accept (a) he takes it in the not most optimal part of the ditch, and (b) does not move with the flow of the battle as the flank to his left has his allies advancing strongly.

4. All tier IX match up. There is an allied player on the bridge in a Waffentrager PZ IV who wants to shot across the map into the enemy heavies. As Trollebos is is jerking around up and down into the ditch the Waffen cannot get a clean shot. The Waffen player pings the map a few times where Trollebos is, but Trollebos is too blinkered to move on with the flow of the battle and continues to uselessly bob up and down into the ditch. The Waffen PZ IV tried a shoot into an enemy heavy and Trollebos jumps out of the ditch into the shot.

5. Trollebos then goes and shots the Waffen, drives over to him, rams him off the bridge and into the ditch, and then shots him until he dies, where upon the game closes down.

6. I can only imagine that the game closes down because Trollebos was suspended. This leads me to suspect that shooting allies is something Trollebos has done before and this is not the first occassion of his ridiculously self-centred, petulant and selfish attitude.

7. Never shoot allies. There is no excuse for reducing your own teams HP, or taking an allied gun out of the team. If an allied player is blue due to actions in the present game (and not a previous match) I might make an exception.

8. If the replay went to Kellerman then Trollebos would be the biggest idiot.

Edited by arthurwellsley, 30 June 2019 - 11:15 AM.

Gruff_ #17 Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19407 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTrollebos, on 30 June 2019 - 10:40 AM, said:

it's about opening a forum thread about it. - you needed to vent and check facts/opinion, there are lots of threads doing similar things, not needed but needed for you and the forum is better than chat ingame so don't worry about it :)   EDIT again yes it was worth it as Arthur watched the replay and now you have more perspectiveon why you were shot, it was an accident( I didn't watch before replying)

Edited by Gruff_, 30 June 2019 - 11:19 AM.

lnfernaI #18 Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 32652 battles
  • [ICYA] ICYA
You showed that you are easy to trigger.

NekoPuffer_PPP #19 Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33396 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostCraftyVeteran, on 30 June 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

you don't know what they did because they can't tell you. its against eu data protection law.

I hate the EU.

Remember the good old times? Like in that cowboy game, Red Dead Redemption 2 on the PS4? Public execution. :justwait:

Trollebos #20 Posted 30 June 2019 - 11:56 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8958 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 30 June 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

1. I took the time and effort to watch the replay.

2. The OP Trollebos is a complete idiot and deserved to go blue and be banned.

3. Takes a position in the centre of Studziankijust in the centre ditch, which allows him to shot across to the heavy side and also the ridge on the enemy side where the TD's sit. Well and good. Accept (a) he takes it in the not most optimal part of the ditch, and (b) does not move with the flow of the battle as the flank to his left has his allies advancing strongly.

4. All tier IX match up. There is an allied player on the bridge in a Waffentrager PZ IV who wants to shot across the map into the enemy heavies. As Trollebos is is jerking around up and down into the ditch the Waffen cannot get a clean shot. The Waffen player pings the map a few times where Trollebos is, but Trollebos is too blinkered to move on with the flow of the battle and continues to uselessly bob up and down into the ditch. The Waffen PZ IV tried a shoot into an enemy heavy and Trollebos jumps out of the ditch into the shot.

5. Trollebos then goes and shots the Waffen, drives over to him, rams him off the bridge and into the ditch, and then shots him until he dies, where upon the game closes down.

6. I can only imagine that the game closes down because Trollebos was suspended. This leads me to suspect that shooting allies is something Trollebos has done before and this is not the first occassion of his ridiculously self-centred, petulant and selfish attitude.

7. Never shoot allies. There is no excuse for reducing your own teams HP, or taking an allied gun out of the team. If an allied player is blue due to actions in the present game (and not a previous match) I might make an exception.

8. If the replay went to Kellerman then Trollebos would be the biggest idiot.

Thank you for taking the time to watch the replay and analyse it. The only point i disagree with is within number 6, other than my stupid overreaction in this specific match, I always make sure as much as possible to avoid friendly fire (accidents rarely occurs when someone drives in front of me as i'm taking a fully aimed shot). About point 4, I guess I was so frustated over a series of bad games that I actually thought he went to that location only to shoot at me (that and the relentless pinging). I should have stopped for the day, and instead I kept going, letting more frustration build up until I made a stupid mistake. I'll take that as a lesson to know when to quit.

View PostlnfernaI, on 30 June 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

You showed that you are easy to trigger.

Well, I had a series of really bad games and was somewhat frustrated and didn't keep a check on that. I made the mistake of keeping playing rather than calling it a day, lesson learned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users