• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Disorientated #1 Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 35397 battles
  • [DIX] DIX

Hi,

Can somebody please explain to me when the downside of the movement mode is?

As in, does the normal slower mode hold some sort of advantage other than top speed?

Thanks

Sfinski #2 Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Slower turns better.

Sowa_95 #3 Posted 30 June 2019 - 12:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26985 battles
  • [0XIDE] 0XIDE

Movement mode: you go faster, but can't turn

normal mode: yo go slower, but can make donuts.

Oldewolfe #4 Posted 30 June 2019 - 01:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

Rapid Mode, X Key Pressed, you Drive Faster as Opposed to Normal Drive More though Turns Suffer....      HOWEVER, IF you release the W Key Right as you Turn you can get some of that Turn Speed Back and be just as Effective in a Turn as when in the Normal Drive Mode....     Bear in Mind when you Release the W Key you DO start to Slow, that's why it Works....     I've taken to Tapping the W in a Turn Off and On depending on How Tight I want to make the Turn, or Not at All if I want the maximum Turn out of it....     Another is just use the Handbrake Turn with the Space Bar like any other Tank, that works Wonders as well....

Best Places to Practice it are Frontline due to the Map Size, but any Large Open Map will do....     If you have people that want to do that with you, fire up a Training Room and Practice there....    It's better than getting Shot Up while you work on the Timings between W and Not W....     Just a few Thoughts...

Dorander #5 Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 21014 battles

View PostOldewolfe, on 30 June 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Rapid Mode, X Key Pressed, you Drive Faster as Opposed to Normal Drive More though Turns Suffer....      HOWEVER, IF you release the W Key Right as you Turn you can get some of that Turn Speed Back and be just as Effective in a Turn as when in the Normal Drive Mode....     Bear in Mind when you Release the W Key you DO start to Slow, that's why it Works....     I've taken to Tapping the W in a Turn Off and On depending on How Tight I want to make the Turn, or Not at All if I want the maximum Turn out of it....     Another is just use the Handbrake Turn with the Space Bar like any other Tank, that works Wonders as well....

Best Places to Practice it are Frontline due to the Map Size, but any Large Open Map will do....     If you have people that want to do that with you, fire up a Training Room and Practice there....    It's better than getting Shot Up while you work on the Timings between W and Not W....     Just a few Thoughts...

To W or not to W, that is the question.

Does anyone else sometimes notice that in between swapping from "normal" mode to "rapid"  mode you sometimes lose a lot of speed for half a second? It's really irritating, I press it to want to speed up but suddenly my lynx lurches like it's tripping over its own wheels.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 30 June 2019 - 02:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33077 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostDorander, on 30 June 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Does anyone else sometimes notice that in between swapping from "normal" mode to "rapid"  mode you sometimes lose a lot of speed for half a second? It's really irritating, I press it to want to speed up but suddenly my lynx lurches like it's tripping over its own wheels.

Yeah, it can't be good for the gearbox doing that. :)

Oldewolfe #7 Posted 30 June 2019 - 05:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles
More Clutch, Less Grinding...     Works in a Pinto too....

Bordhaw #8 Posted 30 June 2019 - 05:57 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14128 battles

View PostDisorientated, on 30 June 2019 - 11:00 AM, said:

Hi,

Can somebody please explain to me when the downside of the movement mode is?

As in, does the normal slower mode hold some sort of advantage other than top speed?

Thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users