Whats the progression of games state during past years?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Suiker0 #1 Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9678 battles

tl;dr title

I burned out during 3rd cw campaign back in 2014(?) and started getting tilted over everything i found undesirable within the game, most namely artys. After that i quit and played few games occasionally since. I'd estimate around 100 games in total 'till this day.

So whats the current state of the game? Am i still getting bombarded by casuals sitting behind a mountain or has the game seen any actual development towards a better direction in that sense?

I only care about medium tank gameplay nowadays 

Balc0ra #2 Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70974 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Oh, that depends on who you ask what the state is. Some still hate arty even tho they don't do 2000 damage to you anymore and lost half their pen and AP ammo. Tho they are still limited to 3 pr team. 3 is rather common on tier 7+. But a 2nd nerf is coming according to WG with regards to arty. What we don't know yet. A new addition that some hate now are wheeled lights and their speed, despite their rather low AP DPM and terrible view range. Some hate the MM, even tho it's now better with fewer +2 and more +0 games.  And you just missed out on the super heavy meta. But some of it still lingers.

But at the end of the day, some things never change. And that's lemmings and camping fails. They still come and go in waves tbh. Usually during big events when the more casual players come out. But overall. Meds are still the most flexible class to play to get some fun. If you like tier 8 meds. I suggest you wait for FL and it's 30 vs 30 mode on maps 9x bigger in 13 days to see how you like or hate that. 

Sfinski #3 Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35452 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Arty hits you more reliably and more often. Does less damage / shot but as its more reliable and fires faster there's not really a difference in damage. Also there is stun mechanic that makes you incapable playing everytime you get hit by arty. Most of the time two arties is enough to keep you perma stunned, some arties can do it alone. 3 arty games are just unplayable.

Only good thing that has been done about arty, is the number of arties has been limited. The limitation just isnt enough. 1 arty / side max would be tolerable. WG in their incompetence however cannot understand it.

OmniWalou #4 Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:48 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 452 battles
Honesty it's better for you to try yourself. If you don't have the interest to do that, then I doubt you have the interest to get back to the game anyways and it's sorted right away then. Take out some tanks of yours. The maps have changed a bit and there is loads of new vehicles and some new game mechanics for you to learn. You might like it, or you might not. Only way to know is for you to try yourself.

HaZardeur #5 Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 35913 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 01 July 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

I suggest you wait for FL and it's 30 vs 30 mode on maps 9x bigger in 13 days to see how you like or hate that. 

To enjoy wheelchairs and arti/airstrike perks for everyone, cause "normal" arti isnt enough...

7thSyndicate #6 Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46603 battles
Everything is diferent now, when you´re not stunned, you´re getting trolled by racing wheelchairs

Suiker0 #7 Posted 01 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9678 battles
3 artys per team is [edited]. i played few games some time ago and got to experience that stun mechanic personally. total garbage and really off-putting. rest of the changes mentioned here seem pretty interesting for me ^^

FrantisekBascovansky #8 Posted 01 July 2019 - 03:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24765 battles

You know, impenetrable heavies, invisible TDs, impossible to hit wheelies, arty, enormous gold spam, powercreep, premium tanks outburst, autoloaders, blah blah blah you can imagine whines of all kinds.

If you haven't enjoy the game in 2014, then don't come back.

Meanwhile, there are plenty of people enjoying this game as it is.

Rati_Festa #9 Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48656 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
The main mistake WG made was to include arty missions. This "persuades" people to play a class of tank they would never have chosen to play by giving them easy credits and making it easier to earn reward tanks.

Dundato #10 Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27348 battles

View PostSuiker0, on 01 July 2019 - 01:26 PM, said:

So whats the current state of the game?

Not Good, in-fact gets worse every update

Cobra6 #11 Posted 01 July 2019 - 04:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The state of the game itself, gameplay wise and balance wise, has only gotten worse over the years as Wargaming has been progressively dumbing down the experience to attract more and more people that have no real interest in tanks to begin with.

The graphics have gotten better and the physics have improved in some areas.

Other then that, 2014 WoT was better, certainly for the more skilled players and in terms of balancing.

Cobra 6

ValkyrionX #12 Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:00 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50524 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS

View PostCobra6, on 01 July 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

The state of the game itself, gameplay wise and balance wise, has only gotten worse over the years as Wargaming has been progressively dumbing down the experience to attract more and more people that have no real interest in tanks to begin with.

The graphics have gotten better and the physics have improved in some areas.

Other then that, 2014 WoT was better, certainly for the more skilled players and in terms of balancing.

Cobra 6

the problem does not lie in the overall balance of the game, but in the fact that in these years the WG has added so much material to the game and obviously many vehicles and this obviously has a lot of influence in the game.

If I were a member of the WG and I was part of the vehicle balancing department, I would hire around 20 players of different nationalities, obviously strong and experienced players, and I would put them to work to find all the possible balances on the maps on vehicles

Bordhaw #13 Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14134 battles

started getting tilted over everything i found undesirable within the game, most namely artys. 

Suurpolskija #14 Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22815 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

I started just before the time before Defenders, Libertes and Skorpions became a thing. I must admit I miss the times when IS-3 was pretty much the worst case scenario you could face at tier8. Or T28 or whatnot. 

And I think the addition of wheeled vehicles has only made the game worse. It's still fun though. I guess you adapt to anything. 

Suiker0 #15 Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9678 battles
what are these wheeled vehicles exactly? ultra mobile light tanks?  i havent had the chance to try them out yet. seems interesting 

Dava_117 #16 Posted 02 July 2019 - 08:22 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22002 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSuiker0, on 01 July 2019 - 07:00 PM, said:

what are these wheeled vehicles exactly? ultra mobile light tanks?  i havent had the chance to try them out yet. seems interesting 

WV are LT on wheel. They tend to be faster than standard LTs, have far worst view range, godlike stabilization, an autolock feature to help autoaim while traveling at 80-100km/h and HE pen equal to the caliber of the gun. 

Their main role is harassing the enemies, active scouting and anti light tank platform. You also need to take out half of the wheels to stop them, so hitting a single wheel won't slow them down much, but already a couple of wheels is enought to hit them reliably.

Also, when shooting at them, don't aim at the center of mass but at the junction between turret and hull. Most of the wheels have no hull behind them, so if you aim at the center of mass you will likely just hit a wheel for just a critical hit.

Fighto #17 Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37353 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
More arty than ever before, wheeled cars so fast they can't sync with the server correctly so when they are full speed they are impossible to hit. 

Captain_Kremen0 #18 Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38711 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

tl;dr title

I burned out during 3rd cw campaign back in 2014(?) and started getting tilted over everything i found undesirable within the game, most namely artys. After that i quit and played few games occasionally since. I'd estimate around 100 games in total 'till this day.

So whats the current state of the game? Am i still getting bombarded by casuals sitting behind a mountain or has the game seen any actual development towards a better direction in that sense?

I only care about medium tank gameplay nowadays 

Hi Steve.

If you dislike arty so much why did you play nearly 1000 games in  them? nearly 650 in the Bert - one of the OP arties of the time?

Answer those questions and we will answer yours?

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:48 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 28995 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

I'd have to play it how it used to be and then compare. Off the top of my head some + and - points that probably changed since then.

Reusable consumables during a battle. Awesome move, unlike before where we would use a repair kit or med kit once and it's gone, now we get to use them again after a period of time. Total game changer and for the better, Waaayyyyyyyyyy better.

MM has a new tiering balance system that means you're no longer a lone bottom tier player against all higher tier players. It's far from perfect but it's probably heading in the right direction and probably better than before

3 arty per battle. I think there was 5 or more before. Ideally this is reduced further to 2 per battle since there was a change to their accuracy and a stun mechanic added which means you can get perma-stunned so it's better there are less clickers per battle but it's come with new problems. Again more of a + than a -

HD WoT. To be fair these maps are now stunning visually and not just the maps but the tanks and their interactions during battles. The maps themselves are still meh... some good some bad, some too small and many playing into the hands of heavily armored tanks.

New tanks. Choice is a good thing, some are new features like siege mode Swedish TDs, semi-siege mode Swedish Meds, Italian auto-reloaders but of course plenty of broken and OP tanks thrown in there too that generally have no draw backs when compared to their tech tree counterpart such a premium IS-3 featuring that same auto-reloaded which fires about as fast as the regular tech tree IS-3 only if the battle has pockets of down time between engagements which most all battles do, the premium IS-3A will get to load mag of 3 while during this period and effectively have 800 free alpha for no obvious drawbacks a heavy tanks would really care about much, tanks called a Defender and many more I won't mention. Wheeled "tanks" have been added most recently and like them or not they have largely been met with negativity by the majority of the playerbase because they are too fast, too disruptive to actual tanks which tend to be slow and lack the gun characteristics to reliably hit them, the wheeled tanks move very erratically when compared to tracked light tanks, they don't lose speed as the dart erratically in different directions, don't slow at all really, they have aim assist, fast aim times and shell speeds so they don't struggle as much to hit you while you don't have any of those assists and therefore will struggle to hit them since also they move fast while you don't, they don't fall over, can ramp like the General Lee, if you actually do hit them it's luck most the time and what's even more amazing is often nothing happens, if you break a wheel they keep going only a little bit slower where a regular tank would be tracked and stop dead... terrain seems to make no difference to their speed, snow, sand you name it, they still go just as fast. So more tanks, some were good for the game and interesting, some were bad and some were whatever.

Easier and faster to grind lines now. It has never been easier or faster to grind a new tank line. There are periodic bonus drops every random amount of battles which include a number of items including premium time but one of them is a new feature called blueprints. They are used to effectively reduce the amount of XP required for tanks. You won't control most of these, they are random and can be for any tank in the game, they also don't unlock a tank outright with just 1 blueprint you will require about 8 I think but there are other type of blueprint drops too that you can construct whatever tank it is you are after. If using a premium account we now get to choose 5 X3 xp bonuses per day at a win of our choice which just eats into grinds.

Fast crew training option. No 6th sense and unappealing to start new nations and grind new crew? Not a problem anymore if you have some credits stocked up. There are now crew skill books which can be randomly dropped too with the new bonus feature which speed up crew training or you can also spend 2mil credits if needs be for a big 250k boost for each crewman and so long as they are a 100% crew, you can just cut out the whole insufferable no 6th sense phase and jump a skill and a half immediately.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Good things, bad things and some things that are neither here nor there.  

Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 July 2019 - 11:51 AM.

WindSplitter1 #20 Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18873 battles
  • [DTPT] DTPT

View PostFrantisekBascovansky, on 01 July 2019 - 02:22 PM, said:

You know, impenetrable heavies, invisible TDs, impossible to hit wheelies, arty, enormous gold spam, powercreep, premium tanks outburst, autoloaders, blah blah blah you can imagine whines of all kinds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users