special camo on certain premium tanks

Kanonenjadgpanzer 105 Skorpian G SU-130PM

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

worksgr8 #1 Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3647 battles
So i have a question about special camo that certain premium tanks like the Skorpian G and Kanonenjadgpanzer 105 have, if i have one version of these tanks e.g. i have the none camo kanonenjadgpanzer 105 can i also have the special camo version of it as well or would it not work?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 01 July 2019 - 07:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33093 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You can have both as they are treated as separate vehicles.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #3 Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8704 battles

The T26e5 and patriot are different

Theres a French heavy too, with 2 types

VonniVidiVici #4 Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38691 battles
If you're willing to pay full price for the second vehicle just to get a skin, sure.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #5 Posted 01 July 2019 - 11:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8704 battles
Its more if you like the vehicle than the skin

WoT_RU_Doing #6 Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:01 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55874 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postworksgr8, on 01 July 2019 - 06:58 PM, said:

So i have a question about special camo that certain premium tanks like the Skorpian G and Kanonenjadgpanzer 105 have, if i have one version of these tanks e.g. i have the none camo kanonenjadgpanzer 105 can i also have the special camo version of it as well or would it not work?

The KJP 105 doesn't have a specially painted version.....it has a pre-set style that can be applied to the normal tank....so, NO, you can't have a normal camo AND a skinned version of it, as they are the same vehicle. the same applies to the SU-130PM, M10 RBFM, KV-2® and Caernarvon AX for example). Note that in some cases, the preset styles include actual changes to the 3D model as well as the paint, e.g. the twin machine guns on the IS-7.

shot_2193.jpg

The Skorpions come as two separate vehicles....the pre-painted special Skorpion G version, and the standard Skorpion that comes unpainted. These vehicles have different names in game, different garage slots, and different stats. You can't repaint the Skorpion G in standard camo colours, though you can modify the emblems or add inscriptions. As they are separate tanks, you CAN buy both, and as they are premiums, you can even use the same crews. Other examples like this include the T-34/T34B, IS-6/IS-6B, Patriot/T26E5, and AMX 49/Liberte.

shot_2194.jpg

Some of these vehicles won't let you modify the colours at all, and actually have the exterior button disabled (e.g. Defender, STG Guard, Tiger 131, Pudel and Bretagne Panther - note that not all have a paintable equivalent vehicle either, but where they do, you can buy both.)

shot_2196.jpg

There's also a couple of other types of special paint. The first is the Lorr 40t, which comes with an optional camo scheme (not a style). There is no second purchasable Lorr 40t, and I don't think it's ever been sold without the optional camo.

shot_2197.jpg

And finally, there's the scheme's that come with certain tanks, which are pre-set markings, but while they stay in place, you can still customise at least some other aspects of the vehicle, including the camouflage but sometimes not the inscriptions for example. The Cromwell B, Thunderbolt, Fury, Firefly and IS-2 are examples here.) These typically don't have separate purchasable versions, but sometimes have tech tree equivalents. An unpainted example is on the left, and painted on the right.

shot_2199.jpgshot_2201.jpg

The main reason some of these variations exist is that the game didn't used to have pre-sets styles, inscriptions etc, as options. What it does mean is that you need to be sure of what you will be getting if you are choosing a tank purely because you want it painted a certain way.

Edited by WoT_RU_Doing, 02 July 2019 - 03:02 AM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70974 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Postworksgr8, on 01 July 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

if i have one version of these tanks e.g. i have the none camo kanonenjadgpanzer 105 can i also have the special camo version of it as well or would it not work?

If you mean you can have both variants. Then yes. They are not the same tank, so you can buy and own both. Same with the T34B and T34 etc. It's the same tank, but the skinned version has a different name, thus a different tank you can buy separately. And play separately. But you can't just buy the skin and use that on its own. As it comes with the tank only.

Edited by Balc0ra, 02 July 2019 - 06:12 AM.

worksgr8 #8 Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3647 battles

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 02 July 2019 - 03:01 AM, said:

The KJP 105 doesn't have a specially painted version.....it has a pre-set style that can be applied to the normal tank....so, NO, you can't have a normal camo AND a skinned version of it, as they are the same vehicle. the same applies to the SU-130PM, M10 RBFM, KV-2® and Caernarvon AX for example). Note that in some cases, the preset styles include actual changes to the 3D model as well as the paint, e.g. the twin machine guns on the IS-7.

shot_2193.jpg

The Skorpions come as two separate vehicles....the pre-painted special Skorpion G version, and the standard Skorpion that comes unpainted. These vehicles have different names in game, different garage slots, and different stats. You can't repaint the Skorpion G in standard camo colours, though you can modify the emblems or add inscriptions. As they are separate tanks, you CAN buy both, and as they are premiums, you can even use the same crews. Other examples like this include the T-34/T34B, IS-6/IS-6B, Patriot/T26E5, and AMX 49/Liberte.

shot_2194.jpg

Some of these vehicles won't let you modify the colours at all, and actually have the exterior button disabled (e.g. Defender, STG Guard, Tiger 131, Pudel and Bretagne Panther - note that not all have a paintable equivalent vehicle either, but where they do, you can buy both.)

shot_2196.jpg

There's also a couple of other types of special paint. The first is the Lorr 40t, which comes with an optional camo scheme (not a style). There is no second purchasable Lorr 40t, and I don't think it's ever been sold without the optional camo.

shot_2197.jpg

And finally, there's the scheme's that come with certain tanks, which are pre-set markings, but while they stay in place, you can still customise at least some other aspects of the vehicle, including the camouflage but sometimes not the inscriptions for example. The Cromwell B, Thunderbolt, Fury, Firefly and IS-2 are examples here.) These typically don't have separate purchasable versions, but sometimes have tech tree equivalents. An unpainted example is on the left, and painted on the right.

shot_2199.jpgshot_2201.jpg

The main reason some of these variations exist is that the game didn't used to have pre-sets styles, inscriptions etc, as options. What it does mean is that you need to be sure of what you will be getting if you are choosing a tank purely because you want it painted a certain way.

thanks for the brilliant explanation and thanks to everyone else who replied at least i now know that certain tanks you can own twice and some you can't its a bit weird that they won't let you just buy the specific camo for the specific tanks if you already owned it without the camo to begin with

VonniVidiVici #9 Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38691 battles

View Postworksgr8, on 02 July 2019 - 10:59 PM, said:

its a bit weird that they won't let you just buy the specific camo for the specific tanks if you already owned it without the camo to begin with

Only if you're under the mistaken impression WG isn't looking to extract as much money from their players as possible. ;)

WoT_RU_Doing #10 Posted 02 July 2019 - 11:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 55874 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

View Postworksgr8, on 02 July 2019 - 09:59 PM, said:

thanks for the brilliant explanation and thanks to everyone else who replied at least i now know that certain tanks you can own twice and some you can't its a bit weird that they won't let you just buy the specific camo for the specific tanks if you already owned it without the camo to begin with

If it's just a style or camo like on the KJP, I agree with you....by selling it WG would open up more opportunities to make money, and more players would be happy (unless it's a special reward of course). However, if it's a full separate vehicle like the Skorpions, you need to think of them as being totally different vehicles....the fact that they look the same and play the same should be viewed as co-incidence. The fact that they are different means that you can put two crews in them, and play BOTH in frontline mode for example, one after the other. WG can't merge them, because some players will have achievements/stats in one that they wish to keep, so merging them would upset someone. Not to mention the fact that anyone who bought both would be due a refund.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users