• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

DiSaBor #1 Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20117 battles
  • [OTZ-] OTZ-

Hi,

I am currently playing for 3 mark my 3rd tank 45TP.

From the rare experience I have of marking tanks, I find myself way more concentrated during such a session.

You are more willing to spam apcr for long range targets or tanks like o-ni. You focus more on positioning, where you can make best use of my tank. You are triggered if rng says no, or Arty focus on you.

Sometimes I die idiotly because I was chasing damage too hard.

It is quite demanding and tiring. Definitely no chill. And I find my self in the need of playing is3a or other easy tanks for a rest.

But generally I have way better performance and winrate.

What do you think of your gaming performance when trying 3 mark any tank ?

Cheers 

Edited by DiSaBor, 02 July 2019 - 01:15 PM.

DangerMouse #2 Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28866 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
My WR in said tank always increases.

DiSaBor #3 Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:26 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20117 battles
  • [OTZ-] OTZ-

View PostDangerMouse, on 02 July 2019 - 01:13 PM, said:

My WR in said tank always increases.

yes this is strange since I care less about win, only for farming dmg and assist.

By doing so I boost my winrate...

ExclamationMark #4 Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16785 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

I only try to 3-mark tanks which I enjoy playing, which is the main reason I have a comparatively low amount of 3-marks. If they come while grinding, cool. But if it's a tank I don't enjoy - even if I'm at 93% or whatever - I couldn't care less to 3-mark it. The sooner I'm rid of the tank, the better.

What's my performance like when trying to 3-mark though? I guess, I play more reserved than normal. It can be a difficult juggling act to try balance playing safely with achieving a high enough combined damage for your marks to not drop. Of course it can vary a lot from tank to tank.

Edited by ExclamationMark, 02 July 2019 - 01:28 PM.

UrQuan #5 Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Don't have much experience with 3 marking tanks. Only got two, got them on two different ways.

Stug III G 3 mark was painless & was just a result of good play. Always hoovered around 85% to 90% so a good session finalized the 3 mark on it.

KV-4 was my second & reason I don't chase 3 marks. Part of why I really wanted the 3 mark on this tank is because I'm a bit of a known maniac when it comes to the KV-4, but without a 3 mark on it, there would always be that doubt of 'ye he's good but....' stuff.

I got very close several times, but failed in that one last time either by team or me (I don't compromise on wins... & sometimes the path of victory is not MoE friendly on the KV-4). Ultimately, I got my third mark on it on my own terms & I'm still proud of it to this day.

PS: note that on damage-centered tanks, the path to victory & the path to a 3rd mark overlap very well. Additional note; generally striving for 3 marks will increase your WR mind you!

Overlord Tank ready: KV-4 reporting for duty

Haven't 3 marked a tank since because of what you described OP, the stress & frustration would just get to me too much. Will I ever 3 mark another tank? Surely, but it'll be the Stug III G way, because I already perform in a tank on a high level & a good session puts it over the edge to a 3rd mark.

No tank like that currently in my possession tho.

Edited by UrQuan, 02 July 2019 - 04:27 PM.

Ceeb #6 Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:48 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 32237 battles
  • [B--R] B--R

I've restarted playing my Cromwell and decided to pick this tank for my first 3 mark (never ever bothered with marking), Started yesterday after rebuying the tank, got to 84% for the second and was hit with Tier 8 game after Tier 8, couldnt do damage, was getting triggered, bad teams, my even worse mistakes due to over agressiveness.

Dropped to 79% and wish I never started the process.

UrQuan #7 Posted 02 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21323 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCeeb, on 02 July 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

I've restarted playing my Cromwell and decided to pick this tank for my first 3 mark (never ever bothered with marking), Started yesterday after rebuying the tank, got to 84% for the second and was hit with Tier 8 game after Tier 8, couldnt do damage, was getting triggered, bad teams, my even worse mistakes due to over agressiveness.

Dropped to 79% and wish I never started the process.

To be fair, Cromwell isn't the easiest to 3 mark, because there's a core group of good players that enjoy driving it. And to 3 mark a tank, you got to play at least on a level good enough to match the best 5%.

My advice if you really want a 3 marked tank is to focus on 2 marking tanks a bit. Getting those still means you ended up with the 15% best that played that tank the past week or two. I'm still on that part myself tbh. 3 marking tanks does requires quite some effort. The better you are at the game, the easier you can do it ofc.

Edited by UrQuan, 02 July 2019 - 01:59 PM.

fwhaatpiraat #8 Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55675 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
I think Cromwell ís anong the easiest (of tier 6 mediums), because of the mobility. When playing ch-to or similar tanks the lack of speed is really annoying in the end-game. It also cannot scout.

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28995 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostDiSaBor, on 02 July 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

The performance always increases. I focus more and have more interest in what's happening and to get every last drop I can out of each battle rather than just playing with a lackadaisical half-hearted "meh...." sort of attitude. I know my performance increases because I only need to look at the player rating with whatever tank I was marking and I always feature high while tanks I'm not marking and playing just because... I don't have as good a performance in those since I'm playing them for a win and fun as always but would be cruising in 3rd gear instead of hitting it hard in 6th gear full on hardcore mode.

For example, my 3 recent 3 mark tanks.

The Challenger, rating of 2nd on the server for the last month or whatever it is

Spoiler

Then the Charioteer, 7th place 

Spoiler

and then that T-34-100. I actually did that before the required amount of battles from the time of completion, it would have been enough for 2nd best on the server.

Spoiler

So personal I find the performance is always better when marking a tank. I don't think is surprising really when you think about it and can only really be this way since to put 3 marks on a tank you have to be averaging better than 95% of everyone else using that tank... and that's not going to be done unless you're delivering a very high performance is it?

Ceeb #10 Posted 02 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 32237 battles
  • [B--R] B--R

View PostUrQuan, on 02 July 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

To be fair, Cromwell isn't the easiest to 3 mark, because there's a core group of good players that enjoy driving it. And to 3 mark a tank, you got to play at least on a level good enough to match the best 5%.

My advice if you really want a 3 marked tank is to focus on 2 marking tanks a bit. Getting those still means you ended up with the 15% best that played that tank the past week or two. I'm still on that part myself tbh. 3 marking tanks does requires quite some effort. The better you are at the game, the easier you can do it ofc.

I have a few tanks with two marks, but thats just normal gameplay, never really tried for marks before,  I picked the Cromwell as I've never gave it a chance.... same with the Bromwell. But there is a lot of good players in it... I've got enough for the tier 7 light now to research.  This is the first time in a 38K games that I'm going to make an effort, no matter how average i am.

TheJumpMaster #11 Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 50017 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Since the best I've done are two tanks with 2 MoEs, I will simply not try for 3 MoEs.

pecopad #12 Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28207 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

Stay away from Holidays, weekends and after dinner hours...

Never 3 marked a tank, only have one with 2 marks, but that's what I would do if I was playing for marks. Choose when to play wisely. 

Edited by pecopad, 02 July 2019 - 03:52 PM.

DiSaBor #13 Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20117 battles
  • [OTZ-] OTZ-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 July 2019 - 02:39 PM, said:

I don't think is surprising really when you think about it and can only really be this way since to put 3 marks on a tank you have to be averaging better than 95% of everyone else using that tank... and that's not going to be done unless you're delivering a very high performance is it?

You are talking about your performence being better than others.

I am always as skilled as I am. But I try harder when targeting something difficult.

8126Jakobsson #14 Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 76693 battles

Yeah I try harder when I'm marking and with that comes higher numbers all around. Naturally.

But then you have these lost souls that think that marking is about farming from the back and not being a "team player".

I hope they will find the light.  

DiSaBor #15 Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20117 battles
  • [OTZ-] OTZ-

For me personally, 3 marking was unicum thing and I never thought I was able to do so. Then I had some of my tanks getting 2 marks "naturally". I was thinking well let's try to mark T29, since it will be a keeper.

It was hard. But as op as T29 is, even in tier 9 games I can play hulldown quite safely. I eventually got my 3rd mark at 300 games or so.

Funny fact : it has dropped to 90% since then. But hey who cares.

My second one, kv-85 was another story. It was the good old KV-1S that I've been keeping for years. The very first game it became KV-85, I got my 3rd mark, because of overall stats change. Then I tried for some times but then realised it was impossible.

Since I marked T29, I started KV-85 with the god-like dpm gun. It was not as hard. And it was 7 months ago. And I never played one single game in it, for the depressing gun depression.

Why 45TP? Because it's a T29. I unlocked 53TP and stilled had 82% marks in 45TP. This weekend I finally started marking it. It took me not so long, to grind from 82% to 94.4%. When I thought my marks was so close, there came horrible night teams and it dropped to 92%, with winrate dropping from 56% to 51%. It was desperate, like what ever I do, my team just was trying hard to die.

Yesterday I had a good sesson. My contribution actually counts and for many battles I was able to bring the team to victory. Even when I died mid-game like an idiot, team always managed to win. I had a session of 3k wn8 and 75% win. The overall win of 45TP was brought back to 56.4%. (But marks were still at 92.x%)

Am I happy ? Definitely yes, seeing some purple stuff somewhere in my stats. Because I know I will never be unicum, unless rerolling and only playing mid-tiers.

How about 3 marking ? It's trying to achieve hard things you thought you were never be able to.

It feels good.

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:16 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28995 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostDiSaBor, on 02 July 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

You are talking about your performence being better than others.

I am always as skilled as I am. But I try harder when targeting something difficult.

What the foch are you talking about?

DiSaBor #17 Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20117 battles
  • [OTZ-] OTZ-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 July 2019 - 04:16 PM, said:

What the foch are you talking about?

I the foch am talking about the difference between doing better than others, and doing better than yourself usually do

DangerMouse #18 Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 28866 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 02 July 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Yeah I try harder when I'm marking and with that comes higher numbers all around. Naturally.

But then you have these lost souls that think that marking is about farming from the back and not being a "team player".

I hope they will find the light.  

Assist damage is key I would say. 

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28995 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

View PostDiSaBor, on 02 July 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

I the foch am talking about the difference between doing better than others, and doing better than yourself usually do

................:facepalm:  

Bordhaw #20 Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14142 battles

View PostDiSaBor, on 02 July 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Hi,

I am currently playing for 3 mark my 3rd tank 45TP.

From the rare experience I have of marking tanks, I find myself way more concentrated during such a session.

You are more willing to spam apcr for long range targets or tanks like o-ni. You focus more on positioning, where you can make best use of my tank. You are triggered if rng says no, or Arty focus on you.

Sometimes I die idiotly because I was chasing damage too hard.

It is quite demanding and tiring. Definitely no chill. And I find my self in the need of playing is3a or other easy tanks for a rest.

But generally I have way better performance and winrate.

Cheers 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users