Tanks that you sold and bought back?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

lime_vortep #1 Posted 03 July 2019 - 09:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 11547 battles
  • [BGAVP] BGAVP

OK, do you have tanks that you have sold and later bought back. Why did you sell them and why did you bought them back? And how are they the second time around? 

Mine are: I sold my Type 4 Heavy beacuse I had only one Japanese crew and I put it on the Type 5. Yet I was so disapointed in Type 5, that I bought back my Type 4 and put back the crew. 

Object 268. This was my first Tier X TD. I hated it very much! For me it was so much worst than 704 at tier 9. Sold it and used the credits to buy JgPz E 100. Not long after I sold it, WG made a buff to the tank. Now two of my friends play it and said it was actually good. 

I used the TOTT and bought it back for 4.2 million. And guess what, it is actually not bad anymore! Now the 704 is bad, and the 268 is good. 

r00barb #2 Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

AMX ELC bis. - sold because the nerf removed most of the fun, bought back because it leads into the wheelies. I have the tier 6 wheelie now and this will probably be sold again as it's not the tank it used to be even if you run fuel to give it a bit more pep.

Matilda IV - sold because it's slow, bought back because it's great for relaxing. Get a top tier battle, hit the cruise control and pew-pew to victory!

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #3 Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8567 battles

Centurion AX, but only so I had at least one Tier 10 in the garage, don't use it very often at all

7/1 more fun, HESH can be hilarious

Have bought/sold tier 7/8 tigers/panthers a few times but again don't go out in them much, I get drawn to the L100 gun now and then

Dumped my USA autoloaders, was quite disappointed

Never regretted a premium I sold

JPz105 (ugh)

59patton (sigh)

strv42 (omfg)

Panther M10 (oops)

JigTig88 (double oops)

AMX CDC (may regret it one day, if they buff its size by 50%)

I think if you get a good one which lacks a bit then you still hang onto it waiting for the WoT gods to buff your tank

The T92 is loads of fun but needs buffed up

The Chrysler is the dumbest tank ever made but its still fun and is as quirky as hell

The IS6 hangs on the edge of greatness

The STA2 was mediocre but the recent buff made it a really ok medium

Edited by If_I_Die_You_Die_Too, 03 July 2019 - 11:46 AM.

WhoCares01 #4 Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17786 battles
KV-85 - was my first tier 6 heavy almost two years ago. Recently bought it back to complete Union.15 with honours (5x 1st class, 3x ace for honours), as it seemed to tank with the lowest ace requirement of the Russian tanks I played. Soon realized why I despised the tank back then, -3° gun depression… Yet got an ace in it, and it became my 2nd tank with 2nd gun mark as well in the process. But soon sold it again, instead grinded through T-150, and finally completed the mission in KV-3.

Mav75 #5 Posted 03 July 2019 - 10:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33939 battles
  • [-ZER0] -ZER0

Quite a few:

Churchill VII & Black Prince: sold out of frustration, bought back to finish off the grind. Sold.

Nashorn: rage sold years ago, bought back not too long ago to finish off the grind. Waiting to be sold.

KV-13: sold after crew got reassigned, bought back then sold again after another crew was reassigned, bought back and assigned slackers from barracks.

M4 Sherman/Sherman III: sold after finishing the tank, bought back. No drama.

Hellcat: sold it once or twice, recently bought back.

Centurion 7/1: needed credits for the (then) tier X FV4202. Bought back when CAX was TotT.

Edited by Mav75, 03 July 2019 - 11:23 AM.

sokolicc #6 Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:18 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28906 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER
B-C 12t.
Bought, got 25t AP, sold it.
Bought again, got AMX 30 Proto, sold it again.
Bought 3rd time, got AMX 13 90, sold it again.
Tank so so so bad and so annoying to play. Gun handling like on Chinese tier 8 medium, pew pew gun.

Bulldog was the only light i hated more but hey, i don't want to buy it back. :)

But about buying and enjoying:
Zveroboi tier 7,
T-55A (buffed),
M46 Patton,
T-54...
I am thinking about Standard B if i get crew (or to use Progetto's crew since tier 10 isn't that big upgrade and enjoyment for me).

Also, T-34, T67 long time ago, when i was young tanker, WZ-131 (was in garage, never sold but it's technicaly retired).

speedphlux #7 Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46775 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Tiger (P) and the Black Prince were tanks I often sold and then brought back in the past. Usually when short on credits. Now I have the Tiger (P) back in my garage, but the BP is never going to be brought again. After it's "HD model" the tank just lost all cute little advantages it had and became another XP pinata to everything around it. And to think how many surprised T-10s I've one-on-one'd with my BP back in the days. Sad story really.

Another honorable mention has to be the T-150. I don't know why, but this tank and I just click. I've sold it back in the days when I finished the grind and recently re-brought it back out of nostalgia. Brand new crew, not even Sixth Sense on them, and the Ace Tankers just kept on raining. Prolly the best all-round Tier VI Heavy there could be.

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:59 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 8602 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Lets see...

STA-1 since it was an outright downgrade compared to the STA-2 which I also had (way back when), at least the STA-1 now has a niche of its own.

T-150: first tier 6 HT I had and utterly hated it due to doing so bad in it (back in my tomato day), ragesold it. These days I'm trying to get acceptable stats in it while training the crew for the KV-3.

Pz. III/IV: again, did really bad in it way back when, got it back to improve stats in it and its actually a quite decent tank.

fwhaatpiraat #9 Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55586 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
IS-7; when it had the terrible mobility and horrible gun handling.

Obj 704; because of the play style and lack of turret clumsiness.

Steeleye_Spam #10 Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 33154 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I only re-buy tanks to grind a new line, as I always complete the grind, no matter how god awful it is. I got the IS back to grind the IS-M line, as first time round it didn't quite make the grade. Second time round I really enjoyed it, kept it and one of my favourite T7s. Leo bought back to get on the UDES line. First time round it was one of my worst T7s, second time round I had a very good run through - mostly I think because the new MM means it is much more likely to be mid or top tier, where the big gun really shines. Was going to keep it, but I had a run of bottom tier battles towards the end which reminded me why it was so frustrating the first time.

DEADSNAKE2 #11 Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7187 battles

View Postlime_vortep, on 03 July 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

OK, do you have tanks that you have sold and later bought back. Why did you sell them and why did you bought them back? And how are they the second time around? 

Mine are: I sold my Type 4 Heavy beacuse I had only one Japanese crew and I put it on the Type 5. Yet I was so disapointed in Type 5, that I bought back my Type 4 and put back the crew. 

Object 268. This was my first Tier X TD. I hated it very much! For me it was so much worst than 704 at tier 9. Sold it and used the credits to buy JgPz E 100. Not long after I sold it, WG made a buff to the tank. Now two of my friends play it and said it was actually good. 

I used the TOTT and bought it back for 4.2 million. And guess what, it is actually not bad anymore! Now the 704 is bad, and the 268 is good. 

Ikv 103 or as known to me, The IkeaViking

Sold it cause I researched the IKV 65 II back then, and didn't have any extra garage slots

Bought it back, and recently got my 2nd MOE on it, with a healthy 55-56% win rate :great:

Lots of fun to play

Edited by DEADSNAKE2, 03 July 2019 - 01:38 PM.

TheDrownedApe #12 Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:48 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48400 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

bought, sold, bought, sold:

T110e3 - sold when the Type 5 and bobject came out, rebought for a 279e mission then sold again

Comet - rebought it to 3 mark it, too painful, sold it again

think that's it

Balc0ra #13 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70945 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Tiger and Pz III/VI. Two tanks I had early on. One was my first tier V. The other my first tier 7. Sold the III/VI again. As it was just to slow getting that WR up 30K games later or what it was. Tiger I still have. Bought it years ago. Played it until I had 50% on it again, and never played it since for some reason. I also wanted to ace it. But when I bought it back was right after the massive DPM bufff it got. And best game I had was over 4K and still 1st class. I suspect it's lower now. But not played it for ages. I should get around to it again.

I also bought back the Tiger P to grind XP on it for the new VK line... only to see the placement of it made the grind pointless as I had the Maus unlocked. So I sold that again too.

StinkyStonky #14 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32914 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I've rebought several because WG have added new lines from it (T10 for the 277, Elc bis for the wheelies, Cromwell for the uk lights, I kept the Swedish Leo so didn't need to buy that one back for the Meds).

Other than that, I'be bought back a few low tiers for "fun" (mainly German lights, Pz 1c, etc.).  I also bought back the KV-1 and KV-1S to 2 mark them and grind a new crew (for the IS-M) and the T150 to help with a mission.

vasilinhorulezz #15 Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25101 battles
T-10, to unlock 277.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 03 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21985 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

T-150: sold it after grinding it. Then bought it back as a keeper few months later.

KV-3: sold it after the grind. Bought it back to complete my IS-4 line collection.

Tiger2: sold it to buy T34B. Will buy it back later because it's historical.

Blubba #17 Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:02 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 59038 battles

VK4502B for the Pz VII

Hetzer for a German tier 4.

Luchs for crew training.

GW Panther for arty missions.

ELC for the wheeled vehicles.

Sau40 for French tier 4.

AMX40 for giggles.

BDR G1 for crew training.

AMX M4 51 see above and I am a masochist.

T-80 for crew training.

Su85B for Russian tier 4.

A-20 because I couldn't believe how bad I was in it the first time around. I was wrong. I am still bad.

MS-1 to platoon with a pal at tier 1.

T-40 for US tier 4.

T71DA because it was fun the first time round.

Sherman Jumbo because someone asked me to platoon with him in one.

Cruiser MKII because I wanted to check something and had time and credits.

Covenator because I mistakenly guessed British lights would start there.

Cromwell because it turns out, British lights will start here...

Bishop because Bishop on Himmelsdorf is hilarious but funny on other town maps too.

M5A1 Chinese tier 4 and it's fun.

Ke-Ho because if the Japanese ever have lights, they probably won't start here.

OI because my pal said get a KV-2...

25TP because I enjoyed the 50TP so much. I moved my crew from my Pudel into the 60TP and now I am training a med crew in the 25TP & Pudel.

Leo because I wanted to go up the Swedish med line.

Edited by Blubba, 03 July 2019 - 07:30 PM.

Tigerfish_Torpedo #18 Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:17 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33420 battles
  • [T0MS] T0MS

A nice topic, OP. I do enjoy a quick punt down memory lane.

Erm, I think the first tank I ever bought, sold, then bought again was the Comet. I sold it in disgust before ever fully equipping/upgrading it, and from sheer determination to get my grubby mitts on the Centurion, finally bought it back. Really enjoyed it the second time around and kept it in my garage for years after completing the line (think I still own it, actually... Wait a sec... Yup, I do. I just checked). I couldn't believe how much I hated that tank when I first sold it, and how much I loved it when I bought it back... Now it's one of those little gold guzzling tanks that I play simply for fun.

Then I recall, quite vividly, selling my IS7 in equal levels of disgust. I thought the gun was very underwhelming, compared to what the official stats suggest it should be capable of doing. Being that it was my first ever tier X tank, I decided to revisit it recently... Why, oh why, didn't I take the blue pill? I wish I hadn't bothered. I still hate that tank. There's a special place in hell reserved for the WG employee that created the pixel abomination of that tank! I've since sold it for a second time. If I ever try to buy it back for a third time, just frickin' shoot me, okay? 

Finally, when the Black Market event was running, I sold 5x of my tier X tanks to finance the Foch 155. These included the BC25t, T110E5, Obj 268-4 and AMX50b. Thanks to Frontlines, I re-purchased the BC 25t and T110E5 yesterday. Just need the money from the next Frontlines episode to buy back the 268-4 and AMX 50B - though am not convinced I'll actually buy the 268-4 back. I know it's a good tank, but I just can't get on with it. I'm more of a pew, pew, peek-a-boo kinda guy, than a run-up-and-smash-um-in-the-face-with-a-shovel. Here's a little improv that demonstrates my ability with the 268-4... Trundle, trundle, grind, aiming... *ka-thunk* (half my health gone), aiming... *ka-thunk* (hp now in single figures), aiming... FIRE! Did I hit him? 'That shot didn't go through'. KABLUEY! Back to garage I go...

ExclamationMark #19 Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16785 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
The one that comes to mind for me is M46 Patton. I love everything about the tank other than the accuracy. For a tank with its pen it's laughable. Bought/sold it at least 4 times by now...

OIias_of_Sunhillow #20 Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 25902 battles

I've bought the E75 twice, and sold it twice. I just couldn't get it to work for me.

I've also bought back loads via the Christmas bonus'. The idea was that I was going to sell the lot, and make some credits.

But I don't need the credits, so they sit rusting in my garage. I tend to just play a small a small number of tanks nowadays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users