Jump to content


Wargame or Cargame ?

T-44

  • Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Repo3000 #1 Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 6390 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    09-28-2013
people,try to play this 2019 wg take T-44 regular ammo and go fight to pen EBR ! :) T-44 is joke..car is too fast just TANKS cant pen CARS ? :) Wg do it something normal finally and Remove this OP cars in game ! Because this 2019 WG is not WARGAME .

Dragokar #2 Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:19 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Beta Tester
  • 40220 battles
  • 3,136
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
Just learn to aim a bit better, problem solved.

barison1 #3 Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42079 battles
  • 1,698
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

you are aware that t44 has a better winrate curve than most wheeled LT? so lets nerf t44 instead :trollface:

 

WoT hasnt been a true tank game for ages anyway due to TD/SPG lines, but naming it "world of armored fighting vehicles" sounds like mhe


Edited by barison1, 03 July 2019 - 11:24 AM.


Dis4ster #4 Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:11 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 28746 battles
  • 3,014
  • Member since:
    02-12-2012

View PostDragokar, on 03 July 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Just learn to aim a bit better, problem solved.

 

Its true that most people who complain about those tanks are most of the time tomatoes who can't aim at all. But there is something going on with those cars, even though they have no armorplate that is thicker than 40mm they bounced a lot of shots from my Skorpion already, so its either you hit the wheels without damage or bounce off from some magical shield, also i don't get what kind of crew they have how do they survive a hit in a small casket like the T8 premium EBR. I played EBR alot in frontline and hit a lot of them and besides the wheels which seem to have some gravity to them, those things take no crew or modul damage, how do they take HE damage without modul damage while the ELC even 90 loses 2 crew members with one penetrating HE shot from them(just like Bulldog or Skorpion), my ELC got taken out in 2 shots once from the premium EBR, the first shot killed Commander, Gunner and damaged my ammorack and the second shot killed my driver(destroyed with 400 hp left). But when my EBR got penetrated by a HE from a Defender for 550 damage i could move on without a single module damaged.

I'am sure WG tweeked those cars somehow because they thought those things are to weak and their playstyle to hard for most players and so they removed the hitboxes of crew and modules, as if ping, fps, lags and shell velocities are not enough to buff them indirectly.



onderschepper #5 Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2060 battles
  • 491
  • [BOF] BOF
  • Member since:
    05-17-2019

T-44 & T-44-FL were my tag team in Frontline and were fine at dealing with Wheelies.

 

The only times I ran into problems were when the Wheelies were working in Wolf Packs - thus my Engine was always exposed to one of them - or when the WV acted as spotter for a mass dump of airborne munitions.  :arta:



Homer_J #6 Posted 03 July 2019 - 12:51 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • 34,759
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostDis4ster, on 03 July 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

 

Its true that most people who complain about those tanks are most of the time tomatoes who can't aim at all. But there is something going on with those cars, even though they have no armorplate that is thicker than 40mm they bounced a lot of shots from my Skorpion

 

I am guessing there is no replay of one of these bounces.

 

What you mean is you hit the wheels below the hull and the ground behind them, which just like hitting the tracks on any tank gets no damage to the tank.



OmniWalou #7 Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostRepo3000, on 03 July 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

car is too fast just TANKS cant pen CARS ?

 

You can't pen them?

If they are too fast, i guess it's the case of you can't aim at them properly and thus can't hit them. If you could do those two, you would pen them.

 

View PostDis4ster, on 03 July 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

 

Its true that most people who complain about those tanks are most of the time tomatoes who can't aim at all. But there is something going on with those cars, even though they have no armorplate that is thicker than 40mm they bounced a lot of shots from my Skorpion already, so its either you hit the wheels without damage or bounce off from some magical shield

 

my ELC got taken out in 2 shots once from the premium EBR, the first shot killed Commander, Gunner and damaged my ammorack and the second shot killed my driver(destroyed with 400 hp left). But when my EBR got penetrated by a HE from a Defender for 550 damage i could move on without a single module damaged.

 

Is there any replays of these two/three instances. The wheels work like tracks do when being hit. If you hit them and there is no tank hitbox behind them or on the trajectory of your shell, it's not going to do any damage to the vehicle. We have for a long time had the ''critical hit'' happening with every vehicle in the game, WVs are not different from others.

 

The problem that the complainers can't get their head around is that WVs have much higher ground clearance than tanks so you have to aim higher. On top of that the wheels extend beyond the hull so you need to give lead differently than with tanks. T28 is an example of a tank that has the same characteristic difference compared to most other tanks. It's tracks in the front extend way beyond the hull. People try to track the T28 by shooting it in the frontal drive wheel. They end up tracking it but not do damage since there is no hull behind the drive wheel.

 

Obj 257 is another example of being different to other tanks. It has the autobounce lower side armor. When it came out, it meant that people had gotten used to shooting a sideways peeking tank to the drive wheel to track it and do damage. It didn't work with 257 though and at the start it was hard to deal with. Over time people got used to it and now it isn't really a problem. Others have managed to learn to deal with WVs as their win rate curves have come crashing down since the introduction. They were falsely perceived as OP at the beginning cause they were a new mechanic and people needed time to get used to them. It was obvious but it didn't stop or hasn't stopped people from claiming they are OP. Nor has anything stopped people from spreading misinformation about for example the wheels absorbing shots, which they don't do.


Edited by OmniWalou, 03 July 2019 - 01:13 PM.


Tankistu #8 Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:47 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29003 battles
  • 465
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View PostOmniWalou, on 03 July 2019 - 12:13 PM, said:

 

The problem that the complainers can't get their head around is that WVs have much higher ground clearance than tanks so you have to aim higher. On top of that the wheels extend beyond the hull so you need to give lead differently than with tanks. T28 is an example of a tank that has the same characteristic difference compared to most other tanks. It's tracks in the front extend way beyond the hull. People try to track the T28 by shooting it in the frontal drive wheel. They end up tracking it but not do damage since there is no hull behind the drive wheel.

 

At the top of the forum page there is a big picture proving you wrong, there is plenty of hull behind the wheels.



Miepie #9 Posted 03 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 3525 battles
  • 757
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O
  • Member since:
    05-19-2018

View PostHomer_J, on 03 July 2019 - 12:51 PM, said:

 

I am guessing there is no replay of one of these bounces.

 

What you mean is you hit the wheels below the hull and the ground behind them, which just like hitting the tracks on any tank gets no damage to the tank.

 

I've had some of these bounces with shots fired by me as well; but then again my 59-16 when moving on multiple occasions bounced the same type of shots: coming straight from the side and giving just a tiny bit too much lead so they barely hit the upper front plate at a very shallow (thus autobouncing) angle (occasionally leaving a very pretty long horizontal gash across the front of the tank). :justwait:

OmniWalou #10 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostTankistu, on 03 July 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

 

At the top of the forum page there is a big picture proving you wrong, there is plenty of hull behind the wheels.

 

I wasn't suggesting that the wheels are not connected to the hull and that there isn't hull behind them. Like I said, people need to learn to give lead differently, meaning that the front wheels extend beyond the hull. I recommend you to check the tank armor models to see where the hull hit box is in relation to the wheels. Take EBR 105 as an example, about 60% of the front wheels have no armor hit box behind them (side wheels have more). That's why people need to learn to aim differently to the WVs compared to most other tanks.

SaintMaddenus #11 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:28 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 37073 battles
  • 2,262
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011

"That's why people need to learn to aim differently to the WVs compared to most other tanks.  "       

ah... I wonder why I miss wheelies more often I take the wheels into consideration as being able to hit them but they are technically not there in some instances.  If I understand you correctly that is.



Enherjaren #12 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 66925 battles
  • 593
  • [DOUBT] DOUBT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

View PostRepo3000, on 03 July 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

people,try to play this 2019 wg take T-44 regular ammo and go fight to pen EBR ! :) T-44 is joke..car is too fast just TANKS cant pen CARS ? :) Wg do it something normal finally and Remove this OP cars in game ! Because this 2019 WG is not WARGAME .

 

oh, yes we haven't had one of these I don't like wheeled vehicle threads the last 30 seconds. 
I guess you play a lot of EBRs yourself with your tremendous insight. 

Statistically there are far more OP tanks then wheeled vehicles. 



OmniWalou #13 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 03 July 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

they are technically not there in some instances.  If I understand you correctly that is.

 

No, I don't think you understand. Wheels are there but don't act as armor hit box. They are external modules and act like tracks do on tracked tanks. That's why I earlier gave an example of T28 which also has no armor hit box behind the front drive wheels. Churchills and Black Prince too. There is for sure others too but I think you get the point. It doesn't mean that the tracks aren't technically there, it means that they have no armor behind them to do damage to. You have to aim to those tracked tanks differently than to most other tracked tanks as well due to the characteristic of them.

 

On a side note; people who whine about critical hits to the wheels, and especially those who think the criticals do nothing, seem to have forgotten that we get constantly critical hits to tracks that only turn them orange and actually have no affect to the movement. Wheels taking critical hits does affect the maneuverability of a WV. The latter seems to be a problem for people, but the former isn't. Not sure where the logic is in that.


Edited by OmniWalou, 03 July 2019 - 02:44 PM.


Kalonianhydra #14 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28808 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostDragokar, on 03 July 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Just learn to aim a bit better, problem solved.

 

This is horse crap.

Even if I aim perfectly RNG just take out a tire or so. So just go to bed with that one.

SaintMaddenus #15 Posted 03 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 37073 battles
  • 2,262
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-04-2011
thanks, gotcha.  certain points, if I am at the wheels, will never do damage but may or may not crit a wheel or may crit a wheel but not noticeably enough for me to spot.   (not that I am good enough to really shoot at those fast Fookers but i will lead a shot slightly differently to give me better chance of actual damage)

Kalonianhydra #16 Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:08 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28808 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

Anyone saying there is nothing wrong with the wheeled tanks haven't faced them enough. They are hard to hit and when you do you only do critical damage, i.e blow a wheel of or so. Happens to often for it to be any fun.
 

Try and aim at one of these tanks with a 155mm gun when they are going full speed. I promise you only hit them if RNG is on your side.



OmniWalou #17 Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:28 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostSaintMaddenus, on 03 July 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

thanks, gotcha.  certain points, if I am at the wheels, will never do damage but may or may not crit a wheel or may crit a wheel but not noticeably enough for me to spot.   (not that I am good enough to really shoot at those fast Fookers but i will lead a shot slightly differently to give me better chance of actual damage)

 

I unfortunately can't follow your points completely, i highlighted the spots. What I can say is that I'm pretty much certain that with any caliber gun you hit a wheel of a WV, you will break the wheel. Caliber or module damage of the gun/shell then determines the repair speed of the wheel. Someone do correct me if I'm wrong but I have observed drastic differences in repair speeds. I don't think it is due to multiple wheels being damaged as they often have overlapping repair progresses. One wheel gets repaired and next one is still repairing since they were destroyed at different times and by different shells. Hope someone understands.

 

In short, if you shoot a wheel, you will break it and affect the movement of the WV. If you shoot a track, you can hit it but it's not guaranteed to break and de-track the vehicle. I'd call that an advantage to tracked vehicles over wheeled ones.

14:35 Added after 6 minutes

View PostKalonianhydra, on 03 July 2019 - 03:08 PM, said:

Anyone saying there is nothing wrong with the wheeled tanks haven't faced them enough. They are hard to hit and when you do you only do critical damage, i.e blow a wheel of or so. Happens to often for it to be any fun.
 

Try and aim at one of these tanks with a 155mm gun when they are going full speed. I promise you only hit them if RNG is on your side.

 

More like, anyone who claims they are OP and such haven't actually played them. I recommend to play the wheelies to understand their capabilities. Same with arty.

 

Also, care to estimate how often you hit a tracked vehicle and get a ''critical hit'' doing nothing to it? If you shoot a wheel, you will break it and it will affect the movement of the vehicle.



Kalonianhydra #18 Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:37 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 28808 battles
  • 83
  • Member since:
    07-19-2013

View PostOmniWalou, on 03 July 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

 

I unfortunately can't follow your points completely, i highlighted the spots. What I can say is that I'm pretty much certain that with any caliber gun you hit a wheel of a WV, you will break the wheel. Caliber or module damage of the gun/shell then determines the repair speed of the wheel. Someone do correct me if I'm wrong but I have observed drastic differences in repair speeds. I don't think it is due to multiple wheels being damaged as they often have overlapping repair progresses. One wheel gets repaired and next one is still repairing since they were destroyed at different times and by different shells. Hope someone understands.

 

In short, if you shoot a wheel, you will break it and affect the movement of the WV. If you shoot a track, you can hit it but it's not guaranteed to break and de-track the vehicle. I'd call that an advantage to tracked vehicles over wheeled ones.

14:35 Added after 6 minutes

 

More like, anyone who claims they are OP and such haven't actually played them. I recommend to play the wheelies to understand their capabilities. Same with arty.

 

Also, care to estimate how often you hit a tracked vehicle and get a ''critical hit'' doing nothing to it? If you shoot a wheel, you will break it and it will affect the movement of the vehicle.

 

Hitting a wheel doesn't slow them down more than about 10kph. So it's basicaly nothing, you can get 750 with a 155mm gun, but you get nothing

barison1 #19 Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:56 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42079 battles
  • 1,698
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

View PostKalonianhydra, on 03 July 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

 

Hitting a wheel doesn't slow them down more than about 10kph. So it's basicaly nothing, you can get 750 with a 155mm gun, but you get nothing

 

so far my experience its usally more than just 1 wheel and then it really does slow you down alot, it takes some distance yes but losing any kind of steering isnt that uncommon due to it. wheels are extremely prone to HE dmg, an HE splash easely takes out half the wheels and making you close to immobile

OmniWalou #20 Posted 03 July 2019 - 03:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 157
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostKalonianhydra, on 03 July 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Hitting a wheel doesn't slow them down more than about 10kph.

 

Firstly, are you actually sure about it being only 10kph? Maybe consider checking that out.

There are differences with the wheels. If you hit the middle wheels while the vehicle is in the boost mode, it has no effect as the wheel isn't touching the ground. If it's not in boost mode, it will slow down the vehicle. If you hit a drive wheel, i.e front wheel, the vehicle loses maneuverability. With HE shells you can destroy two wheels quite easily and it has a bigger impact to the speeds. With AP shell you can destroy both front wheels which results into complete loss of steering. If the terrain is not nearly completely open, you will struggle in that situation a lot.

 

Block Quote

 So it's basicaly nothing, you can get 750 with a 155mm gun, but you get nothing

 

Just to repeat again, if you hit a wheel, you will break it. Not sure why you keep insisting that ''you get nothing''? If you're talking about not doing damage, then why should you be able to do damage when hitting an external module? After all you can shoot an ELC EVEN 90 with a 183mm AP shell and do absolutely nothing to it. But you're fine with that. And like I said, try to think about how often you get a critical hit on a tracked vehicle that only makes their tracks orange (sometimes it doesn't even do that), as in doesn't slow them down at all, not even the 10kph it would slow a WV down.


Edited by OmniWalou, 03 July 2019 - 04:00 PM.






Also tagged with T-44

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users