worth it?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Stevies_Team #1 Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13575 battles

Both are next gen lights/meds and a lot of fun

The Lansens extra Alpha makes it a goto tank if you want to zip about and have a spanky gun

The HWK is fast and reasonably agile with an ok gun with cheap 105/320 alpha HE

Thumping an uppity progetto with 350 alpha makes 'em respect you

Both are good for frontline and you can chase EBRs with them

The Lansens gun can be a bit wonky at first but crew skills development soon brings it to an acceptable level, (got armourer, designated and snap shot on my gunner)

If I had to get one out of the two it would be the Lansen but neither should disappoint

GL

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34294 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
I don't think I'd want to chase an EBR in an HW30. I think you would come off far worse versus their HE rounds. 

Space_Vato #3 Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:44 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2896 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 05 July 2019 - 10:08 AM, said:

I don't think I'd want to chase an EBR in an HW30. I think you would come off far worse versus their HE rounds. 

Bought one after watching some vids.

It has very good shell speed (all 3 types of ammo). So less need to chase WV's.

And I got it on rental when it came out. Just 5 rounds (without knowing how to use the tank properly)

Anyway. No regrets sofar. Gud money maker.

BrinklyWollox #4 Posted 05 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles
I really like the look of the Lansen, the love-child of a CDC and a Ravioli could easily become my most-played premium but I'd prefer to get it as a trade-in and it's not been made available that way yet. Decisions, decisions ... :unsure:

BrinklyWollox #5 Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27533 battles

Decision made, Lansen purchased, regrets none! :great:

There now follows an over-enthusiastic review based on far too few battles to give an adequate sample, which is a hint towards how happy I am with this tank.

It's a great tank if (and it's a fairly big if so should probably be IF) you account for where it's not strong. It's no Defender, where you can check in your brain, hold W and left click until all the enemy are dead or you're suffering a terminal case of gold poisoning. I mentioned the CDC and Ravioli above and it's still the best comparison IMO.

It's got mobility, fast off the line and turns nicely, feels like a CDC without being hamstrung by the soft-stats. The only time it feels a little slow is when you hit top speed - it gets there so easily that you think it should go faster. The turret doesn't turn as quickly as a lot of other mediums but that's not really a problem as this isn't a brawling tank.

The gun requires full aim to hit anything at medium to long range. Anything less than that and you're in the arms of RNGesus, very much like both French tanks. It's capable of hitting weak spots at medium range, not that you should rely on it. The mobility means you can take your shot and be back in cover before the enemy returns fire, even when they're aiming right at your bush.

Talking of bushes, the camo is excellent for a medium tank. I threw a training manual at my crew so have 3 x 100% camo (sixth sense on the commander followed by SA as he's also the radio op), giving a value of 30.37% when stationary. As you might have guessed from my initial skill choice, the view range isn't great at 380m stock (419m with optics) but it compares well with the Ravioli.

The gun, derpiness aside, is good. Having more than the usual 240 alpha at tier 8 appears to have a deterrent effect, something I noticed while playing the TVP VTU with its 105mm gun. It also means you trade well with 240-alpha mediums when it's time to get stuck in. The AP pen of 208mm is enough to not require gold to have a decent battle, provided you can use the mobility to get better shots or have time to aim.

The tank is surprisingly small, I'd formed the impression that it was about the size of a Centurion but it's more like the Leo, certainly smaller than a T-44. Despite that, it has enough armour to put people off loading HE the moment you're spotted, another plus over the CDC. Combine the mobility, 10° depression and the camo and you have a great ridge line harasser with the ability to flex across the map or act as scout when necessary.

In short, I haven't felt this good about a premium tank purchase in a long time. It's balanced, fun to play and rewarding. I've put a lot of battles into my French premiums, I already feel that I'm going to be playing this one more.

Also tagged with worth it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users