Why can the wheeled vehicles lock on targets with a magnetic rightclick?

Feature request

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Randomar #1 Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26817 battles

When I drive a light tank / scout I should have the opportunity to attack other light tanks. All players have the opinion that it is generally harder to damage a wheeled vehicle. The premium EBR comes even with a 2 shot autoloader. And to make this nonsense complete, I have to right-click multiple times on that wheelie, because my target requirement isn't magnetic.

My request to Wargaming:
At least give other light tanks the same advantageous magnetic lock-on.

Benistown_GagsoisbisteDD #2 Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16711 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
You could also try this wonderful thing called aiming. It works a lot better than bitching about everything

ExclamationMark #3 Posted 05 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16785 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

Have you ever actually played any of these wheeled tanks? 

It barely ever functions as you want it to.

pecopad #4 Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28134 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostExclamationMark, on 05 July 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

Its true, its not that easy to lock, and the turrets are very slow to turn.

But my feeling is that I hit much more targets even at distance... maybe its just a feeling but the Lynx is more accurate on the move than the T92, when it shouldn't...

Homer_J #5 Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRandomar, on 05 July 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

When I drive a light tank / scout I should have the opportunity to attack other light tanks. All players have the opinion that it is generally harder to damage a wheeled vehicle. The premium EBR comes even with a 2 shot autoloader. And to make this nonsense complete, I have to right-click multiple times on that wheelie, because my target requirement isn't magnetic.

My request to Wargaming:

Another one who hasn't played the wheelies.

Nobody who has would complain about the improved lock on being too good.  They might complain that it is still broken though.

EzoRedFox #6 Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:37 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 721 battles
The improved lock is pretty terrible tbh, if anything it feels even more inaccurate than standard autoaim 

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8602 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Funny how those who haven't played wheeled vehicles think it is a great thing to have.

While those who have played wheeled vehicles think the implementation is horrible.

:D

OmniWalou #8 Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 July 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

Nobody who has would complain about the improved lock on being too good.  They might complain that it is still broken though.

But... That's just them lying and protecting the wheelies from nerfs, isn't it.

/s

Anyways, the autolock is pretty awkward at times. It does help in long ranges on single targets but why would someone need to be able to lock on and shoot on the move on longer distances. Just stop and aim. It's somewhat useful in closer ranges when circling or navigating tight spaces but then again with moderate aiming skills you can just lock on with the normal mechanic. So yeah as you say, players who have used it wouldn't complain about it being too good, more that it's awkward and not that worth to use or get used to with.

MeetriX #9 Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:47 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22838 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostExclamationMark, on 05 July 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

View PostHomer_J, on 05 July 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

View PostEzoRedFox, on 05 July 2019 - 06:37 PM, said:

The improved lock is pretty terrible tbh, if anything it feels even more inaccurate than standard autoaim 

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 05 July 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Funny how those who haven't played wheeled vehicles think it is a great thing to have.

While those who have played wheeled vehicles think the implementation is horrible.

Then it should be ok to remove it and make it work just like standard autoaim.

EzoRedFox #10 Posted 05 July 2019 - 06:57 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 721 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 05 July 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

I mean there are a few people convinced its a full on aimbot :facepalm:

OmniWalou #11 Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 452 battles

View PostMeetriX, on 05 July 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

Why not change it to make it an actual working advantage for them rather than removing it.

Slyspy #12 Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:29 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14627 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The enhanced lock-on isn't as good as all that, but it does represent how autoaim should work for all vehicles imo. 

MeetriX #13 Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22838 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostSlyspy, on 05 July 2019 - 07:29 PM, said:

The enhanced lock-on isn't as good as all that, but it does represent how autoaim should work for all vehicles imo. 

But why change the system, is the old one too hard?

Don't you know how to aim?

:sceptic:

Bordhaw #14 Posted 05 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14128 battles

View PostRandomar, on 05 July 2019 - 04:18 PM, said:

My request to Wargaming:

Homer_J #15 Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMeetriX, on 05 July 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

I would be happy with that, at least i could lock on a target at point blank range where I have a chance to hit it.

That or give everyone the autoaim+ which actually worked.

Slyspy #16 Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14627 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMeetriX, on 05 July 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

But why change the system, is the old one too hard?

Don't you know how to aim?

:sceptic:

Why should a system designed to help you hit a target require you to hit said target before engaging? It makes no sense!

Homer_J #17 Posted 05 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSlyspy, on 05 July 2019 - 09:14 PM, said:

Why should a system designed to help you hit a target require you to hit said target before engaging? It makes no sense!

Agreed, it should be enough for me to point my gunner in the general direction, I don't need to do all his work.  I don't have to click on the shells to get the loader to load or the radio to get the radioman to do whatever he does between catching shells.

Edited by Homer_J, 05 July 2019 - 09:21 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #18 Posted 06 July 2019 - 01:49 AM

General

• Player
  • 32508 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I can see that there are interesting points that could be made on both sides of the discussion.  I shall await these with great interest.

Randomar #19 Posted 06 July 2019 - 09:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 26817 battles
In this request I was talking about light vehicles versus wheeled vehicles.
So your argument if I play the WVs wasn't current here.

Wheelies and my stats
To the people here, who always look at the stats, winrate, XVM color and whatnot.
I DO HAVE a french wheelie, maybe 30-50 battles, and I guess the WR is 30-40%.
In the event where we had to put bombs or repairkits on the Mark IV with the Lanchester, I got nearly 200 medals. So you could say I am firm in how to drive it, and I know what role to play.

My aiming
Generally, I am aiming in the manual way. I use the inbuild autoaim function to bring the turret into the right direction and then I release the target and fire by hand. That could be a useful hint for others.

Light tanks in their role role
ESPECIALLY when you play a light from the tech-tree, you should have a chance to counter attack other lights, including wheelies.
As a newbee, you try to outspot tanks with fully skilled crews and equipment. Hopeless. Nowadays, you come across overpowered light vehicles, like the new LP-432, without a chance to penetrate the armor and now WG is releasing something that has a plain better core function?

The ingame situation
It's always the same: The wheelie is running in circles around you. Because they have to stay in movement. They have already auto-locked on you with that "magnetic lock on". While you have the disadvantage that you try to lock on with one rightclick - booom, you get a hit - try another rightclick - booom…

I want to mention that I have a HWK 12 with BIA crew in it.

Extended aiming as a mod
Besides that, I have heard that there is / was a extended aiming realized as a mod.
And that this mod is working better than the native Lock-on from WoT.
Am I the only one who gets a bitter taste when _some_ unicums are using extended core functions of the stock game?

Until now I thought it is a technical limitation. Now I realize that this hurdle is artificial made!

Continuation with other suggestions:
In this thread we have other suggestions, made by the community.
- Wargaming can take away the magnetic Lock-on from the wheelies.
- All tanks could get that magnetic Lock-on from the wheelies.
- The autoaim (Recognize: Not the Lock-on!) seems to be more effective on the WVs. Even better than other premiums.

AzoreanOutkast #20 Posted 06 July 2019 - 12:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10486 battles

This auto aim feature...

May not be well implemented, but...

It shouldnt exist at all, as auto aim in general too!

Sure u miss alot cause it doesnt work as intended, but it gives the player that is using the WV an advantage over all other players that is unfair, u may say, its a balancing thing cause its too fast to aim... Well! What about the light tanks that are too fast too to aim properly and have to stop or click on top of the other tanks to be able to shoot them? Are they "diferent"?! No!!!

My experience with players that know what they are doing with a WV is they can punish you and even kill you with ease cause u cant do nothing, and if u do hit them shot gets absorved and that is the end of it.

The WV is killing the game for 2 type of players out right, the arty ones (hate them too), and the TD ones (cause most TDs are spotted even before they get to a position and also when set on one with all the points needed to be stealty checked they get spotted by these vehicles and its a bad day for them, so in this cases we see ppl complain they are OP, wich they arent, they have more bad points than good ones, but since they have that autoaim, autoreloaders, stupid speed with no penalties when they forget to see where they are going and they also have wheels that can absorve almost everything that comes their way, it makes for a game breaking "tank"... (as if u can call them that!!!!)

Off course WV jockeys will murder this post, and come wine about this and that, but everyone that enters a battle can see the impact they have on the match and how they changed totally the way some maps are played, if ppl complained about "camping", now u are in some tanks forced to do just that all match, at least until someone takes out the WV of the enemy team, and a match in wich one side has WV and the other one doesnt normally ends in a win for the one who has them...

Also tagged with Feature request

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users