Type 5 Heavy - Garbage

Type 5 Heavy Japanese Tanks Japan Heavy Tanks

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: Type 5 Heavy - Worth a buy (71 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Would you feel happy spending 6 million credits on Type 5 Heavy as it is now?

1. Yes (11 votes [15.49%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.49%

2. No (48 votes [67.61%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 67.61%

3. Need to try it first! (12 votes [16.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.90%

Vote Hide poll

Pedro_Agnus #1 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:03 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29137 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

Hi guys,

Is it just me or Type 5 Heavy is now a massive piece of garbage? Like, not garbage... But 6 millions credits waste!
I've been playing and trying to see wich gun works best now ... Definitely the 14cm gun. The 15cm ... well.... Doing 150 per shot on a Tier X battle is ridiculous. But then, the 14cm gun is.... (open to a good definition)!
The tank don't have nothing on his favour as every single tank we face on the battle automaticaly press the 2 key. So, Type 5 Heavy stil get shot after shot, is slow as hell, gun is garbage (most nice word i found), is an arty magnet..
Well, my question is: Why should anyone buy Type 5 Heavy now???

Today i've face an Obj 268 4... Face to Face with my 14cm gun (APCR loaded cuz that's a russian OP tank) and i shot him on the lower plate = 0 (nothing), i shot him on the cupola = 0 (nothing).... You know the feeling....
I'll be honest, i'm seriously thinking about selling mine. Is just seating there waiting for a mission which requires a japanese tank and... that's all!

Just to finish: Why we still have other nations tanks on the game if russian tanks (most of them) are all so freaking OP?
Is not that i'm complaining, is more, i don't understand why we have a nation so damn good and when there's something "great" on a tank outside the russian line WG runs to nerf if. But the other way around don't seems to happen.

Well, good battles tankers and feel free to express your opinion! Respect everyone!
All the Best.

P:honoring:

Example:

Edited by Pedro_Agnus, 07 July 2019 - 12:22 AM.

Benistown_GagsoisbisteDD #2 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16781 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Nah that whole super heavy meta already had its run and i cant say i miss it.
If you're going to buff a super heavy then at least buff the e100.

And about ruskies, only ones that close to being op are 907, 279 and lt-432 . Rest are situational or bad.

salvager #3 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26829 battles

Could not agree more.  You will no doubt get the 'duck men' - check the avatars - who will jump on this thread soon, and tell you it is because you are a crap noob player, and there's nothing wrong with the nerfed Type 5, that the 14cm is an awesome gun, and the armour profile bounces everything thrown at it.  I could go on, no doubt they will, BUT it is all crap.  The tank has been over nerfed, due to hysteria from players who objected to a tank that could counter their OP hull down monsters - SuperConq - WZ1115A - or side scraping invulnerable tanks - Maus etc.  We are left with the worst Tier 10 tank, which as you say, has a poor gun with poor pen and handling, and armour that is simply paper to all the 'special rounds' thrown at it by all those previously hysterical players.  I have stopped playing mine, bot not sold it yet, purely to see if the 'special ammo' re-work helps it out.  If it doesn't, it's gone, along with all the hours and hours I spent grinding for it.

So, bring on the 'duck men'!!!  Let's have it......................

Edited by salvager, 07 July 2019 - 12:27 AM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #4 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:30 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33389 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

You can hate me all you want for this, but it needs more frontal armor to cope with 2-key spam.

For comparison, the Maus' upper hull plate is effectively thicker (roughly 320mm effective frontally), and the turret, when angled properly, is around the same thickness. Sure there's a lower plate, but it's small and easy to hide.

The Type 5, however, has a midplate with ~260mm effective thickness. When angled to match the Maus' thickness, a cheekplate is exposed, and it's only 270mm. Standard ammo can pen it 50% of the time...

Basically, any way you turn the Type 5, the enemy's gold ammo will always have somewhere to penetrate, rather easily too. It's a pinata.

Adding on to this, the Type 4's cheekplates are even weaker, and make angling something you don't ever wanna do.

After the derp nerf, it's lost the only thing that kept it relevant. It just can't survive goldspam, while the Maus can.

MeetriX #5 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:31 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22838 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 07 July 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Hi guys,

The tank don't have nothing on his favour as every single tank we face on the battle automaticaly press the 2 key. 

That's pretty much only way to pen its weakspot.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #6 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:31 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Type 5 was first buffed in patch 9.17.1 in February 2017. It stayed almost the same till patch 1.5 last May 2019, that's over 2 years.

The 268V4 reign of terror lasted for 126 days then it was nerfed. Sure it still have a strong armor but so does the Type 5. The armor of the 268V4 will still be problematic to a lot of tier 10 heavies, Japanese, Russian, German, etc.

The 14cm gun got 290mm gold penetration. That's not what i'd call 'garbage', you just need to select your targets more carefully. And preferably don't sit in front of a tier 10 TD. All of them have dangerous guns not just the 268V4.

Pedro_Agnus #7 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:37 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29137 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

View Postsalvager, on 06 July 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Tier 10 tank, which as you say, has a poor gun with poor pen and handling, and armour that is simply paper to all the 'special rounds' thrown at it by all those previously hysterical players

:teethhappy: You said it all!

23:40 Added after 3 minutes

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 06 July 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

The 14cm gun got 290mm gold penetration. That's not what i'd call 'garbage', you just need to select your targets more carefully. And preferably don't sit in front of a tier 10 TD. All of them have dangerous guns not just the 268V4.

Wait.... There's an option to select the targets/enemys i want to face in battle? :sceptic: Hmmmm... Interesting! hehe Your words mate... Don't take it serious!

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:42 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33389 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 07 July 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

Type 5 was first buffed in patch 9.17.1 in February 2017. It stayed almost the same till patch 1.5 last May 2019, that's over 2 years.

The 268V4 reign of terror lasted for 126 days then it was nerfed. Sure it still have a strong armor but so does the Type 5. The armor of the 268V4 will still be problematic to a lot of tier 10 heavies, Japanese, Russian, German, etc.

Select targets more carefully...but what else is a superheavy supposed to fight, other than - other heavies and superheavies? You go out in the field with the meds and you're gonna get pingspammed by your entire team while simultaneously getting gangbanged by the enemy meds.

The 14cm gun's pen is actually fine, but the dispersion is atrocious, compared to the Maus' laser cannon. Type 5 has double the Maus' dispersion when turning the turret...DOUBLE. With the derp it's QUADRUPLED (semi-justified but 200 damage every 17 seconds is not what I'd call effective by any means...).

Pedro_Agnus #9 Posted 07 July 2019 - 12:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29137 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G
See this one and where they shot me. What i'm suppose to do if this tank is "hard butter" now? Facing no one? :facepalm:
I can't even side scrape cuz turret is ... "easy"... plates in the middle and side cheek is "easy"....

XxKuzkina_MatxX #10 Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:06 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 07 July 2019 - 03:37 AM, said:

Wait.... There's an option to select the targets/enemies i want to face in battle? :sceptic: Hmmmm... Interesting! hehe Your words mate... Don't take it serious!

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 07 July 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Select targets more carefully...but what else is a superheavy supposed to fight, other than - other heavies and superheavies? You go out in the field with the meds and you're gonna get pingspammed by your entire team while simultaneously getting gangbanged by the enemy meds.

Yes there is always an option to shoot the target you can penetrate and hide from the target that you can't. It isn't an alternative reality, there are, and always were, options to play the game. Leave the 268V4 for someone with better penetration to deal with, lure him out to the LOS of one of your teammates, let arty deal with him, etc. If the equipment/tank lack the flexibility, a bigger part of the game play lies in your hands.

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 07 July 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

The 14cm gun's pen is actually fine, but the dispersion is atrocious, compared to the Maus' laser cannon. Type 5 has double the Maus' dispersion when turning the turret...DOUBLE. With the derp it's QUADRUPLED (semi-justified but 200 damage every 17 seconds is not what I'd call effective by any means...).

The Maus is meant to be an accurate super heavy and it does 490 alpha not 600. The dispersion values are adequate considering the alpha, take a look at the 705A for example.

Type 5

705A

Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 07 July 2019 - 01:18 AM.

Pedro_Agnus #11 Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:19 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29137 battles
  • [S-D-G] S-D-G

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 07 July 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

Yes there is always an option to shoot the target you can penetrate and hide from the target that you can't. It isn't an alternate reality, there are, and always were, options to play the game. Leave the 268V4 for someone with better penetration to deal with, lure him out to the LOS of one of your teammates, let arty deal with him, etc. If the equipment/tank lack the flexibility, a bigger part of the game play lies in your hands.

Maybe i'm playing a different game... But if i only have an Obj 268 4 in front on me (no one else) and i have no support at all.... I turn my back using Type 5 Heavy amazing speed to run away from him and look for other target?  That's Dragon Ball powers :D But the time i turn the tank around i got shot 3 times and ... gone!
I'm not saying you're completely wrong but.... almost! But listen, that's only my opinion mate! 

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 07 July 2019 - 04:19 AM, said:

Maybe i'm playing a different game... But if i only have an Obj 268 4 in front on me (no one else) and i have no support at all.... I turn my back using Type 5 Heavy amazing speed to run away from him and look for other target?  That's Dragon Ball powers :D But the time i turn the tank around i got shot 3 times and ... gone!

I'm not saying you're completely wrong but.... almost! But listen, that's only my opinion mate! 

Of course i am completely wrong and the Type 5 is 'garbage' as you say. What are you going to do about it?

You can learn some new tricks and adapt to the new stats, get owned like in the images above or let it rust in your garage. Your choice!

NekoPuffer_PPP #13 Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33389 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 07 July 2019 - 02:06 AM, said:

Yes there is always an option to shoot the target you can penetrate and hide from the target that you can't. It isn't an alternative reality, there are, and always were, options to play the game. Leave the 268V4 for someone with better penetration to deal with, lure him out to the LOS of one of your teammates, let arty deal with him, etc. If the equipment/tank lack the flexibility, a bigger part of the game play lies in your hands.

The Maus is meant to be an accurate super heavy and it does 490 alpha not 600. The dispersion values are adequate considering the alpha.

What if you do lure the enemy out, but when you look back you see all your TD's running away because you're the only remaining tank on that flank?... Used to be able to do decent damage to the 268v4 before the nerf, now I'd be lucky to do 200, with a longer reload, too. But I said I'd rather face other heavies.

So, compared;

Maus: accurate, easily angleable tough armor, admirable DPM, better prem pen.

Type 5: inaccurate, cheese for prammo at any angle, atrocious DPM (with derp), average DPM with 14cm, worse prem pen.

Obj. 705A: inaccurate, excellent sidescraper, hard target due to well-angled armor, low profile, DPM inbetween Maus and Type 5.

Which is worst?...I think it's pretty clear.

Robbie_T #14 Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19540 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

I already had a type 5.

But if you want to go for it now i would not do it.

i can get a descent score in it due to improved equipment and almost 5 star crew.

But they nerfed it to much.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 07 July 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

What if you do lure the enemy out, but when you look back you see all your TD's running away because you're the only remaining tank on that flank?... Used to be able to do decent damage to the 268v4 before the nerf, now I'd be lucky to do 200, with a longer reload, too. But I said I'd rather face other heavies.

I don't think i mentioned the 15cm in this discussion, it's no longer a viable option especially when you compare the Type with the 15cm to the Maus!

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 07 July 2019 - 04:38 AM, said:

So, compared;

Maus: accurate, easily angleable tough armor, admirable DPM, better prem pen.

Type 5: inaccurate, cheese for prammo at any angle, atrocious DPM (with derp), average DPM with 14cm, worse prem pen.

Obj. 705A: inaccurate, excellent sidescraper, hard target due to well-angled armor, low profile, DPM inbetween Maus and Type 5.

Which is worst?...I think it's pretty clear.

Nothing to do with dispersion values though which, again, are adequate for that alpha. The whole package got its pros and cons like every other tank in the game. For example, inaccurate is a relative term. 0.38 stock dispersion is very respectable with that caliber and at the ranges this tank is supposed to fight.

You should've stayed with your first post. The flat armor all over, turret face and hull cheeks are the problem with the tank's design not the gun stats.

NekoPuffer_PPP #16 Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:08 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33389 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 07 July 2019 - 02:53 AM, said:

inaccurate is a relative term. 0.38 stock dispersion is very respectable with that caliber

I am not talking about full-aim dispersion.

I am talking about turret-turning dispersion, which is double that of the Maus. It makes turning the turret and snapping a shot off accurately before the enemy aims at your cheeks that much harder, and can be the difference between taking damage and bouncing it.

Fully enhanced with equipment, skills and food - Maus: 0.04 / Type 5: 0.08 dispersion multiplier when moving the turret. That's a pretty significant difference. Aiming takes longer due to this, paired with longer aimtime.

Awkward armor and an awkward gun. Yeah yeah 600 alpha...but you have to stay exposed longer to deal it, and that means taking damage in return...snowball effect.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #17 Posted 07 July 2019 - 02:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 07 July 2019 - 05:08 AM, said:

I am not talking about full-aim dispersion.

I am talking about turret-turning dispersion, which is double that of the Maus. It makes turning the turret and snapping a shot off accurately before the enemy aims at your cheeks that much harder, and can be the difference between taking damage and bouncing it.

Fully enhanced with equipment, skills and food - Maus: 0.04 / Type 5: 0.08 dispersion multiplier when moving the turret. That's a pretty significant difference. Aiming takes longer due to this, paired with longer aimtime.

Awkward armor and an awkward gun. Yeah yeah 600 alpha...but you have to stay exposed longer to deal it, and that means taking damage in return...snowball effect.

Which is exactly what i said earlier, it is not a Maus and never was. The Maus is much more resilient at the cost of having less alpha. That doesn't make the Type 5 'garbage' or the 14cm a bad gun. It just make the tank more situational and requires more care when selecting targets. Like every slow and well armored tank in the game!

Shacou #18 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22042 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Agreed. With those unreliable guns its also a difficult vekicle to make profits with. Derp deals too low dmg and with AP you need gold if fighting T10 at odd angles. Without premium acc its unprofitable at all. Unlike E100 where u can make easy profit if u make shots count. This rework made no sense.

Homer_J #19 Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostPedro_Agnus, on 07 July 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

Hi guys,

Is it just me or Type 5 Heavy is now a massive piece of garbage? 

It was garbage when I bought it.  then they gave it the derp, which I had to get exp to unlock.  Now it's garbage again.

kaneloon #20 Posted 07 July 2019 - 08:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30465 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

I just bought the E75 and the type 4 : from what you are saying I should focus on getting the E100 ?

Would the type 4 be still interesting for the obj 260 tanking missions ? I chose to go to the type 5 only because I find impossible to do those missions without it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users