arty assistance damage

arty spg assistance mission campaign

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

AnKarenirThanagor #1 Posted 07 July 2019 - 01:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1285 battles

Hello, i am fairly new in this community, played just under 1k battles so far, i really like spg gameplay and trying to get better every battle, finished stug campaign with spgs but occasionally i get missions like "get 8k of tracking assistance" or something like that, even 10k once. it shouldn't be as hard cause its fairly easy to hit and destroy track on heavy or mediums, but since i am higher tier ofc i stun them at the same time and get that little notification that i tracked them, or it just says that i scored a critical and tank isnt moving (which is tracking ofc when i zoom in) but all ally damage after that counts as stun assistance damage, therefore cant complete somewhat easy mission for spg. only rarely i get like 250+ or 300+ tracking damage from same situation, but never enough to finish mission.

any explanation, advicee?

thanx!

Homer_J #2 Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Tracking damage is hard to get with arty because if you stun them as well then it counts as stun assist and not track assist.

Are you sure these are arty specific missions and not the ones which can be done in any class but are restricted to specific nations?

If you really must do it in arty then pick one which doesn't stun.

r00barb #3 Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

They must be second phase missions because 8k and 10k aren't figures I recognise from the previous campaign. Those missions are restricted to tier VI and above and the only arty that doesn't stun at those tiers is Bert. As much as I love the little shoebox, it'd be a hard ask to get that sort of assistance damage targeting tracks with his piffling splash.

To OP: the missions are designed to get you playing a variety of tanks (mostly). You're going to have to play outside your comfort zone if you want to complete those.

VonniVidiVici #4 Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38679 battles

If the issue is that you're getting stun assist rather than tracking assist, consider British SPGs. I'm not sure at which tier stun starts becoming a thing for other nations but Bishop and Bert (tiers V and VI respectively) both lack stun altogether, so no chance of getting the "wrong" kind of assist damage.

That said, as a very new player I'd advise you not to focus too much on missions for now. Just have fun, pay attention to maps and how people play on them, get to know vehicle characteristics and most importantly, learn the game mechanics if you haven't already. A lot of the later missions in particular require high tier vehicles to even have enough hit points in the battle to be able to complete them, as you can tell from the 8K tracking mission.

AnKarenirThanagor #5 Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1285 battles

thanx for reply fellas, yeah 8k mission is for excalibur german block, and 10k was 3day premium mission for which i had only my tier 8 german spg GW Tiger (P)

i am trying to farm some other vehicles with which i can finish missions like those.

i guess that spg assist damage relies more on stun assistance or its just rng :/ 

i am enjoying game, trying to think tacticaly and supporting flanks where its needed and also watching lot of pros on youtube ^^

VonniVidiVici #6 Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38679 battles

View PostAnKarenirThanagor, on 07 July 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

thanx for reply fellas, yeah 8k mission is for excalibur german block, and 10k was 3day premium mission for which i had only my tier 8 german spg GW Tiger (P)

i am trying to farm some other vehicles with which i can finish missions like those.

i guess that spg assist damage relies more on stun assistance or its just rng :/ 

i am enjoying game, trying to think tacticaly and supporting flanks where its needed and also watching lot of pros on youtube ^^

SPG-fetish aside, this game could use more new players like you. :honoring:

r00barb #7 Posted 07 July 2019 - 04:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View PostAnKarenirThanagor, on 07 July 2019 - 03:47 PM, said:

It's not RNG, stun takes precedence over tracking when it comes to assist damage ... because reasons. :unsure:

I've no idea why, that's the way it's been since stun was introduced. If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because it's relatively easy to track someone with a 9m radius splash compared to aiming a shot at the drive wheel from a non-SPG tank.

AnKarenirThanagor #8 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1285 battles

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 07 July 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

SPG-fetish aside, this game could use more new players like you. :honoring:

thanx, means a lot from veteran like yourself!

View Postr00barb, on 07 July 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

It's not RNG, stun takes precedence over tracking when it comes to assist damage ... because reasons. :unsure:

I've no idea why, that's the way it's been since stun was introduced. If I was to hazard a guess, I'd say it's because it's relatively easy to track someone with a 9m radius splash compared to aiming a shot at the drive wheel from a non-SPG tank.

yeah, i guess taking into consideration reload time and mediocre damage (still at this tier?) its easier to get extra exp on stun damage than on tracking, cause for every 30 sec shot, you can stun up to 3 targets and make it worthwhile

r00barb #9 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View PostAnKarenirThanagor, on 07 July 2019 - 04:00 PM, said:

yeah, i guess taking into consideration reload time and mediocre damage (still at this tier?) ...

Afraid so and it doesn't get much better as you progress. I'm grinding the tier 9 British SPG with its stock gun and I consider myself lucky if I get a full damage hit on something paper like a Skorpion G. According to a vocal part of the community, the stun and lack of penetrating hits is preferable to being one-shot by a high-tier SPG. I can see their point but personally I'd rather take the one-shot and be done than suffer death by a thousand stuns.

It is what it is. :mellow:

AnKarenirThanagor #10 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1285 battles

i started pushing german line and got to tier 8, and i love it so far, tiger p is non turreted unlike panther on t7, but you get used to it, with rammer and some good crew, new tracks, tiger is really efficient

as for american line, i got to tier5, and that spg is really bad in ways of aiming and precision, i am loosing my mind, but i am halfway to tier6 there as well

as for french line, got to tier5 as well, but french arty gets splash and stun on tier 6, so i am kinda bored there when i have arties with splash on other lines, but i do plan on to get on higher tiers at some point in future.

i watched some ConquerorGC vids on yt and i love the arch, also wanna play it at one point, but not yet

i dont want to sound like fully spg player, playing soviet TDs is fun, british TD as well
german lights are fast, but i am not used to speed after playing spg for as much xd

so in conclusion, game has lot of options for diffent types of playing, i like slow and snipe so i like spg and TDs, but ill have to expirience other to pass some mission it seems xd

Homer_J #11 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAnKarenirThanagor, on 07 July 2019 - 04:47 PM, said:

thanx for reply fellas, yeah 8k mission is for excalibur german block, 

In that case you have an unlimited number of battles to do it in (it does not all have to be done in one battle) so it will be possible in time to do it in arty but the only tracking that counts will be when the enemy uses a medkit but not a repair kit, which sometimes I will do to speed up the repair but only if my repair kit is on cooldown.

I guess you are a bit stuck for the campaigns otherwise because the T28 missions won't get unlocked until you complete the other classes for the StuG , which obviously need other classes to complete.  And the Excalibur is not very arty focussed (although I did quite a few in arty) and needs other nations.

Edited by Homer_J, 07 July 2019 - 05:26 PM.

AnKarenirThanagor #12 Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1285 battles

yep, it will take time, i am just begining lol, otherwise it would get boring as fast.

i managed to get like 800+ out of 8k so far :D 

lot more to experiment on haha

cheers!

Wux777 #13 Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:56 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1191 battles
Use splash dmg. Don't shoot tank, shoot next to it and go in zoom and full circle

Codename_Jelly #14 Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16973 battles

Track damage missions for SPG's REALLY ****** me off.

Why the lemons make one supersede the other is beyond me.

Edit

tbh all versions of track damage **** me off especially when you HAVE to have team mates damage/kill them and on multiple tanks.

Edited by Codename_Jelly, 07 July 2019 - 09:16 PM.

AnKarenirThanagor #15 Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1285 battles

View PostWux777, on 07 July 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

Use splash dmg. Don't shoot tank, shoot next to it and go in zoom and full circle

it still does stun, but i guess its higher posibility of tracking

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 07 July 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

Track damage missions for SPG's REALLY ****** me off.

Why the lemons make one supersede the other is beyond me.

Edit

tbh all versions of track damage **** me off especially when you HAVE to have team mates damage/kill them and on multiple tanks.

i feel you, its quite hard to nail timing and guy that has no Cooldown on his repair

Wux777 #16 Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1191 battles

View PostAnKarenirThanagor, on 07 July 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

it still does stun, but i guess its higher posibility of tracking

i feel you, its quite hard to nail timing and guy that has no Cooldown on his repair

You will always stun them, no matter what.

MeetriX #17 Posted 07 July 2019 - 09:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22838 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE
If you need to de-track with a SPG, shoot the ones that has a stun on. It increase your chance to get just a tracking  dmg (I have no proof, just a feeling).

AnKarenirThanagor #18 Posted 07 July 2019 - 10:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1285 battles

i ll test it @Meetrix and ill let you know ^^

Homer_J #19 Posted 07 July 2019 - 11:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postr00barb, on 07 July 2019 - 04:53 PM, said:

It's not RNG, stun takes precedence over tracking when it comes to assist damage ... because reasons

Because proper arty missions ask for stun assistance not tracking assistance.

These tracking missions are intended for any class.

PhooBar #20 Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:17 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 20185 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

To O.P.

I know this will not help you right now, but if the LeFH is ever available for sale again, BUY IT.

That thing specializes in perma-tracking.

And it's ridiculously fun to play, as well.

Edited by PhooBar, 08 July 2019 - 03:18 AM.

Also tagged with arty, spg, assistance, mission, campaign

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users