Jump to content


Shared accounts


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

911_tanker #1 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:22 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29130 battles
  • 35
  • [LIVES] LIVES
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

Hi all,

 

As per WG support; "account sharing is not forbidden."  Yet, they do not recommend it because of in-account responsibility's ... etc

 

So, if you know *EDIT* :)


Edited by shindyGG, 08 July 2019 - 09:20 AM.
Asking for account sharing


Homer_J #2 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:28 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • 34,780
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
I'm sure high stats players can bring their stats down without your help if that's what they want to do.

911_tanker #3 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:31 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29130 battles
  • 35
  • [LIVES] LIVES
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

View PostHomer_J, on 07 July 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

I'm sure high stats players can bring their stats down without your help if that's what they want to do.

 

$haring is caring ;)



Sfinski #4 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:37 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 35452 battles
  • 3,419
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
Why would you want a high stat account to play with? It would only make your life harder. 

VonniVidiVici #5 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38691 battles
  • 12,519
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013
I'd like to help but I'm not a member of the clergy.

Tigerfish_Torpedo #6 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33430 battles
  • 192
  • [T0MS] T0MS
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View Post911_tanker, on 07 July 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

 

$haring is caring ;)

 

Wasn't that the theme song to the Moonmins? 

 

'They love the laughter, and love to share $hare; the Moomins!' Yes, I'm sure it was!



r00barb #7 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:40 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26740 battles
  • 10,835
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostSfinski, on 07 July 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

Why would you want a high stat account to play with? It would only make your life harder. 

 

So he can win a battle and thus "prove" the game is rigged in favour of high stat players. Or he gets to play with tanks he hasn't unlocked yet ... in which case I rather hope a T67 stat-padder takes him up on his offer. :trollface:

VonniVidiVici #8 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38691 battles
  • 12,519
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 07 July 2019 - 05:38 PM, said:

 

Wasn't that the theme song to the Moonmins? 

 

'They love the laughter, and love to share $hare; the Moomins!' Yes, I'm sure it was!

 

I initially read that as "love the daughter and love to share" and was wondering where this adult version of the Moomins aired. :D

Tigerfish_Torpedo #9 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:42 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33430 battles
  • 192
  • [T0MS] T0MS
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 07 July 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

 

I initially read that as "love the daughter and love to share" and was wondering where this adult version of the Moomins aired. :D

 

That actually had me squirt beer from my nose. lol.

LordMuffin #10 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:43 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 50649 battles
  • 12,696
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    06-21-2011

View Post911_tanker, on 07 July 2019 - 05:22 PM, said:

Hi all,

 

As per WG support; "account sharing is not forbidden."  Yet, they do not recommend it because of in-account responsibility's ... etc

 

So, if you know *EDIT* :)

How much are you willing to pay for a share?



Tigerfish_Torpedo #11 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33430 battles
  • 192
  • [T0MS] T0MS
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 07 July 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

 

I initially read that as "love the daughter and love to share" and was wondering where this adult version of the Moomins aired. :D

 

Besides, when I genuinely read that back to myself, I read it as slaughter, which would have made the Moomins an entirely different show!



OmniWalou #12 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 452 battles
  • 198
  • Member since:
    04-13-2019

View PostLordMuffin, on 07 July 2019 - 05:43 PM, said:

How much are you willing to pay for a share?

 

I will pay 2 cents for 1/50th of the account of LordMuffin. Do I get a vote in what the account does if I do pay? :P

The_Crazy_Cabbage #13 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:47 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2781 battles
  • 18
  • [T0MS] T0MS
  • Member since:
    08-03-2018

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 07 July 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

 

Besides, when I genuinely read that back to myself, I read it as slaughter, which would have made the Moomins an entirely different show!

 

Moonins: Blood and Gore Edition

Tigerfish_Torpedo #14 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33430 battles
  • 192
  • [T0MS] T0MS
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostThe_Crazy_Cabbage, on 07 July 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

 

Moonins: Blood and Gore Edition

 

Friday the 13th, Part 229; The Great Moomin Slaughter.

The_Crazy_Cabbage #15 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:50 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 2781 battles
  • 18
  • [T0MS] T0MS
  • Member since:
    08-03-2018

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 07 July 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

 

Friday the 13th, Part 229; The Great Moomin Slaughter.

 

Nightmare in Moomin Valley Ft. F Kruger


Edited by The_Crazy_Cabbage, 07 July 2019 - 05:50 PM.


Dorander #16 Posted 07 July 2019 - 05:59 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21014 battles
  • 5,355
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012
Is that what support told you? 'cause rather interestingly not too long ago, when we still had an active community manager, during a discussion on the interpretation of the TOS/EULA clauses about account sharing he pointed to the section that pretty unambiguously states account sharing is forbidden. They might not be actively searching for people who share, that doesn't make it not against the rules. Also account selling, which probably includes account renting, is likely to cause a stronger reaction as you'll be trading on Wargaming's product. While I doubt they care as long as no money is involved, they might be really eager to ban an account that's being accessed in exchange for real money.

Tigerfish_Torpedo #17 Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:01 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 33430 battles
  • 192
  • [T0MS] T0MS
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostDorander, on 07 July 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

Is that what support told you? 'cause rather interestingly not too long ago, when we still had an active community manager, during a discussion on the interpretation of the TOS/EULA clauses about account sharing he pointed to the section that pretty unambiguously states account sharing is forbidden. They might not be actively searching for people who share, that doesn't make it not against the rules. Also account selling, which probably includes account renting, is likely to cause a stronger reaction as you'll be trading on Wargaming's product. While I doubt they care as long as no money is involved, they might be really eager to ban an account that's being accessed in exchange for real money.

 

And how does that relate to the Moomins?

VonniVidiVici #18 Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38691 battles
  • 12,519
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 07 July 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

 

Besides, when I genuinely read that back to myself, I read it as slaughter, which would have made the Moomins an entirely different show!

 

That just goes to show how incredibly versatile old cartoons were. :P

Dorander #19 Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21014 battles
  • 5,355
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostTigerfish_Torpedo, on 07 July 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

 

And how does that relate to the Moomins?

 

Only Moomins can use the same account, but if you try to make money off it, you'll fail like Sniff.

Etre_ #20 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:22 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 57708 battles
  • 1,440
  • [GTD] GTD
  • Member since:
    04-21-2014
One of the best players in wow is streaming on twitch, from 3 different accounts. I'm sure all are his, no shenanigans here like 3 marking stuff for money.

Maybe you can ask him to dispense with one.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users