Mod or Program which helps to transcribe to text.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Poll: Mod or Program which helps to transcribe to text. (10 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

¿Do you agree with this idea?

1. Yes, of course. (7 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. No, it is ok. (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote Hide poll

Hunt3r_Supr3m0 #1 Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:02 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44785 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

VERY IMPORTANT!! I think WG should create a program or mod which can listen and transcribe to text. This could help a lot of players with hearing problems, i am deaf so i this is necesary for me during CW or Competitive games. This also could help to another players who are in international clans where people talks in diferent languages. Maybe one could have more difficulties in listening but could understand perfectly if comes written in chat or subtitules. 

Because of this, WG and another games, should work this with Teamspeak, Raidcall, etc...

¿Do you agree with this? ¿What do you suggest?

If somebody knows somethink like this, pls say here.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Hunt3r_Supr3m0, 07 July 2019 - 06:23 PM.

Tigerfish_Torpedo #2 Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:16 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33420 battles
  • [T0MS] T0MS

Heya OP,

I personally voted no, to this - just to get the ball rolling on your thread. Whilst I can understand that team-based play must be difficult whilst suffering from deafness, I'm sure there are already third party systems that do that, to some degree or another - apps like Dragon, for instance, which would enable communication via transcription (there are likely better alternatives; I've not really researched it much myself).

However, the reason I voted no, is that WG can't even implement a MMer that works properly, and investing time and money into creating a transcription service would detract away from what they are currently doing. Additionally, all those annoying people that constantly spam the map with pings etc, would be able to speak their minds with impunity, and it would spam their garbled nonsense all over the chat window. It would be manic - kinda like when WG decided to introduce a voice based chat system for the entire team to share... What a genius idea that was... 

I do hope, for you sake, however, that they consider your request. It must be frustrating to rely on typed communication to play a MMO. I recall we had a guy in my EVE Online clan, long ago, that was playing the game from a wheelchair, and was completely paraplegic. He used a series of eye blinks to control his computer, and if he can PVP in a game like EVE, I'd like to think anyone can do anything! 

VonniVidiVici #3 Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38679 battles
Do you actually use in-game voice comms? I'd expect third party programs to be more useful, and possibly already offering the functionality you suggest.

Hunt3r_Supr3m0 #4 Posted 07 July 2019 - 06:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 44785 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

View PostVonniVidiVici, on 07 July 2019 - 06:19 PM, said:

Do you actually use in-game voice comms? I'd expect third party programs to be more useful, and possibly already offering the functionality you suggest.

I only use normal commands, like " follow", "atack" or something, but not voice commands. For me is more important to understand what other people says to me than  i say.

Edited by Hunt3r_Supr3m0, 07 July 2019 - 06:57 PM.

VonniVidiVici #5 Posted 07 July 2019 - 07:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38679 battles

View PostHunt3r_Supr3m0, on 07 July 2019 - 06:55 PM, said:

I only use normal commands, like " follow", "atack" or something, but not voice commands. For me is more important to understand what other people says to me than  i say.

I gathered, but what I mean is does your clan in general not use Teamspeak, Discord or something similar? I haven't used either in quite some time but I'd sooner expect speech to text functionality to be implemented in a program like that using an overlay of some kind than it being developed and implemented in WoT.

Nishi_Kinuyo #6 Posted 07 July 2019 - 11:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 8602 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

No, because proper voice-to-text requires quite some training for each individual user to be even remotely accurate.

We're talking like 12-24 hours of non-stop talking for the programs to get it right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users