Lynx 6x6 Lynx wheeled vehicle terrible tank

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

GrapefruitSalad #1 Posted 08 July 2019 - 01:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53536 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Wheeled vehicles (among hundreds of other things) have made me want to uninstall the game recently after 7 and a half years of “fun”. I was so fed up with how broken and game deciding the tier 9 and 10 EBRs are on open maps, that I decided to try them myself.. if you can’t beat them, join them.

All was fine at tier 6, having fun using the stock 47mm gun with a 1.6s reload driving fast around the new players who were generally too useless to hit me even at 60km/h. Tier 7 was ok once the modules were upgraded, and then came the Lynx 6x6..

Genuinely I believe this is the worst tier 8 I have ever played. I have a very average 3 skill BIA crew, run rammer, vents and optics and 100 octane gasoline. I am a reasonably decent player yet in the first 50 or so games I have a combined around 1500 damage average, which is pathetic. One of the most frustrating things about the Lynx is that at least every other game I am matched up against the ridiculous pay to win EBR 75 FL10, a tank that is impossible to hit (and if you do it does 30 damage with HE on the wheel) whilst he goes “poof poof” at 300 metres -280 -280, leaving you on around 300HP, leaving you mostly useless with nothing to do.

I dont know know if I am playing this tank completely wrong by rushing to around the middle of the open maps in fast travel mode, spotting maybe 1 or of I’m lucky 2 enemies with the pathetic 375 view range I have, then zig zagging back to cover. This is how the tier 9 and tier 10 wheeled vehicle manages to break the game because it is close to unhittable, and again even if you do you’ll probably just blow off a tyre. The Lynx is way too big, has so much tank to hit and the wheels don’t protect anything, so every shot that hits will penetrate, and most of the shots aimed at me do hit, leaving me dead after 2 minutes.

The rate of fire is pretty bad, slower than the M41 90 which is just as fast, has

less HE pen, obviously has laughable view range in comparison, and of course costs £30 less.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong because I have left 80% of my 50 or so games in the Lynx shouting at my computer “ducks sake this game is so retarded”. Genuinely not fun for me to play nor good for the team or anything. 

Thanks

Jazzy_Jeff #2 Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18369 battles
  • [-CUTE] -CUTE
I'm only up to tier 7, but I find these vehicles to be late game tanks. Most use them for early YOLO spots, but once there is a gap in the line, you can exploit that and get behind the enemies. Just the havoc of having a vehicle behind you can cause a flank to fall into your favor.

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff, 10 July 2019 - 02:17 PM.

reklakazala #3 Posted 08 July 2019 - 09:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 22477 battles
  • [V-S-B] V-S-B

View PostGrapefruitSalad, on 08 July 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

Wheeled vehicles (among hundreds of other things) have made me want to uninstall the game recently after 7 and a half years of “fun”. I was so fed up with how broken and game deciding the tier 9 and 10 EBRs are on open maps, that I decided to try them myself.. if you can’t beat them, join them.

All was fine at tier 6, having fun using the stock 47mm gun with a 1.6s reload driving fast around the new players who were generally too useless to hit me even at 60km/h. Tier 7 was ok once the modules were upgraded, and then came the Lynx 6x6..

Genuinely I believe this is the worst tier 8 I have ever played. I have a very average 3 skill BIA crew, run rammer, vents and optics and 100 octane gasoline. I am a reasonably decent player yet in the first 50 or so games I have a combined around 1500 damage average, which is pathetic. One of the most frustrating things about the Lynx is that at least every other game I am matched up against the ridiculous pay to win EBR 75 FL10, a tank that is impossible to hit (and if you do it does 30 damage with HE on the wheel) whilst he goes “poof poof” at 300 metres -280 -280, leaving you on around 300HP, leaving you mostly useless with nothing to do.

I dont know know if I am playing this tank completely wrong by rushing to around the middle of the open maps in fast travel mode, spotting maybe 1 or of I’m lucky 2 enemies with the pathetic 375 view range I have, then zig zagging back to cover. This is how the tier 9 and tier 10 wheeled vehicle manages to break the game because it is close to unhittable, and again even if you do you’ll probably just blow off a tyre. The Lynx is way too big, has so much tank to hit and the wheels don’t protect anything, so every shot that hits will penetrate, and most of the shots aimed at me do hit, leaving me dead after 2 minutes.

The rate of fire is pretty bad, slower than the M41 90 which is just as fast, has

less HE pen, obviously has laughable view range in comparison, and of course costs £30 less.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong because I have left 80% of my 50 or so games in the Lynx shouting at my computer “ducks sake this game is so retarded”. Genuinely not fun for me to play nor good for the team or anything. 

Thanks

they are not wheel vehicle

its anti gravity drive, forcefield armor , armed with laser guided AT missiles

21:05 Added after 5 minutes

how about you play with helicopter and rest of us with tanks

that would be fun, 16 rockets and radar

just hide , aim and fire

GrapefruitSalad #4 Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53536 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View Postreklakazala, on 08 July 2019 - 08:59 PM, said:

they are not wheel vehicle

its anti gravity drive, forcefield armor , armed with laser guided AT missiles

21:05 Added after 5 minutes

how about you play with helicopter and rest of us with tanks

that would be fun, 16 rockets and radar

just hide , aim and fire

sounds like an object 907
22:43 Added after 1 minute

View PostJazzy_Jeff, on 08 July 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

I'm only up to tier 7, but I find these vehicles to be late came tanks. Most use them for early YOLO spots, but once there is a gap in the line, you can exploit that and get behind the enemies. Just the havoc of having a vehicle behind you can cause a flank to fall into your favor.

I might try that. Usually I try to go for the early spots but maybe for once I’ll be patient. I still feel like anything I can do in the Lynx I could do better in something else. Good luck with the Lynx when you get it! (Also frontline is in a week so maybe it’ll shine then)

Edited by GrapefruitSalad, 08 July 2019 - 11:44 PM.

Oldewolfe #5 Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

Lynx plays just Fine, I like mine alot....    I set it up around the Gun with Rammer, Vents and I Stabilizer....     It's an Active Spotter not a Bush Camper and when needed it's an even Better TD...    What it doesn't have is the Speed of the EBR's to stay too Close to the Red Tanks without Paying for it...

https://youtu.be/aduezSgx7CE

My EBR's I set up around Mobility and not getting Hamstringed, these I went Enhanced Suspension, Vents, and Rammer.....      I didn't choose Stabilizer as their Speed allows me to get in Closer making the Stabilizer sort of Moot.....     Only one not Following this Plan, the EBR75, because Autoloaders can't use a Rammer so it got the Stabilizer instead....

https://youtu.be/QkK9i5S0Ke8

https://youtu.be/aGqCVlwrmRo

https://youtu.be/kQpGONgOBaw

The Crews will be Full Repair soon to further Limit Downtime of the Suspension for a Critical Hit....     Otherwise Full Camo on the Lynx Crew with Mandatory S Skills next....       My EBR Crew is BiA First, 6th on the Commander and Camo on the Remaining 3 and for their 3rd Skills I am Repairs in the Commander and Remaininbg S Skills for the Rest.....       They'll be Full Repair in the EBR's next Skill, they're all at 99% right now, and the Lynx has a Bit to go Yet at 85%....

So Yah, the Lynx is Far from unplayable but you may wanna consider an Adjustment to your Play Style if you care to.......

GrapefruitSalad #6 Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 53536 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Wotreplays.eu/site/4954550#stats

i changed my mind hehe

Homer_J #7 Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGrapefruitSalad, on 08 July 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

I am matched up against the ridiculous pay to win EBR 75 FL10, a tank that is impossible to hit

It's not the tank.  The EBR driver is just better than you.

If you have got in a dogfight with another wheelie then never ever drive directly at or away from them.  You need to duck and dive until you are reloaded then position to get a shot in their front or rear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users