• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Leroy_Jenkinss #1 Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12180 battles
  • [PODU] PODU

Hi all

Im playing this game for quite a lot time now and mostly as a free to play player without premiums and premium time but i still spend now and then on some cammos on my tanks.

Recently i got to try for free this new premium time and the difference between complete free to play and this new premium time is like night and day.

Me grinding credits without premium time i could bank around 500k cr at max playing whole day around mid tiers but with premium time that number goes over 2-3 mil credits like nothing.

Do have in mind im fairly decent player myself before you forumites start spammin me with git gud and all that.I dont mind grinding exp old fashioned way but grinding credits in this game is really like a full time job and i just cant keep up with the buying new tanks i unlock, retraining crews, buying equipment etc.

Yes i play tanks that generate a decent income at mid tiers but anything that is not arty is at the start of the game 6k cr disadvantage bcs you will get tracked you will get stunned and you must use med kits and repair kits to stay competetive in that match.

All in all i would love to see WG buff credit income on free acounts by 25% i think that would be fair beacuse with this tempo of earning credits i will get burn up from the game fast.It just kill all the fun for me when i enter the game and just think about maximazing my credit income and trying to cut as much as posible expenses.

(Sorry for bad english)

Suurpolskija #2 Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22815 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

The concept of free to play is:

- You can play it completely for free - you may not like it, but you can. 

It's intentional. They won't change it, because they'd lose paying customers. 

Edited by Suurpolskija, 08 July 2019 - 06:18 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Well you can help yourself to the tune of 3K every game by prebuying your consumables when they're on discount. Otherwise tho why should WG make the game comfortable for you to play as a F2P player? If they did that you would have no incentive at all to buy premium time ever would you? Doesn't sound a very good business decision.

Leroy_Jenkinss #4 Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12180 battles
  • [PODU] PODU

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 08 July 2019 - 06:18 PM, said:

Well you can help yourself to the tune of 3K every game by prebuying your consumables when they're on discount. Otherwise tho why should WG make the game comfortable for you to play as a F2P player? If they did that you would have no incentive at all to buy premium time ever would you? Doesn't sound a very good business decision.

I spend about 100 euros on this game in less than a year i just dont spend it on premium tanks and and premium time, just on cammos.

You guys are non stop complaining about bots in this game you realize that having a premium time and premium tank is automatic free ticket to boting as much as you want and still earning more credits than that one guy who is actually trying his best to improve in this game.

25% increase is not bad idea it will just bring decent players that this game need.

Players that come to play a Tank game not a credit farming simulator game.

And 25% increase in credits income is not that much that will alow bots to bot without premium time and tanks so they would still need to spend money for their free boting ticket.

And pls dont talk me about its noot good for buisines i play LoL for over 8yrs now without spending cent on that game.And look where is LoL and where is WoT.

People will still buy premium time bcs this new premium time gives insane amount of exp and bonds.

I dont think that my sugestion is bad but you people are so negative about every opinion that is brought on this forum can you just once tell "This man is right" WG shills.

Suurpolskija #5 Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22815 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

Since I started playing this game, Wargaming has always made changes to the game that make you more likely to spend more credits to make premium tanks and premium time more tempting. 

- When I started playing premium tanks were on par or a bit worse than fully upgraded tech tree tanks. Look where it's now? See the "Tier 8 Stronghold meta thread" 

- They started making new tanks with tough armor without frontal weakspots. 

- Buffing the turret armor to bounce standard ammo on multiple existing tanks

- Removing the +2mm from the most played F2P credit earning tier5 (won't see tier3 anymore) 

- Ranked battles eat a ton of credits unless you progress through it very fast

- Frontlines makes tier8 premium tanks tempting. 

- The new WOT Premium time with it's added bonuses. 

Now, seeing all this, why do you think me and Nuclear_slug would be rather cynical in our views of WG suddenly making +25% credit profit for F2P players? 

It's not a slight at you, your commitment to the game or anything, it's just how we view Wargaming's way of doing things. 

Edited by Suurpolskija, 08 July 2019 - 06:47 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostLeroy_Jenkinss, on 08 July 2019 - 06:36 PM, said:

I spend about 100 euros on this game in less than a year i just dont spend it on premium tanks and and premium time, just on cammos.

Well if you're doing that you can get a year of premium time for about 75 Euros and have cash to spare.

And pls dont talk me about its noot good for buisines i play LoL for over 8yrs now without spending cent on that game.And look where is LoL and where is WoT.

Well that kind of proves my point doesn't it. :)

I dont think that my sugestion is bad but you people are so negative about every opinion that is brought on this forum can you just once tell "This man is right" WG shills.

A pity, you were doing so well up to this point and then you had to go full windowlicker. Never go full windowlicker.

onderschepper #7 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2060 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

The campaigns are a good way to grind credits, with the ability to have two active at one time making life much easier than it was prior to their introduction.

PS4 circa 2014 the only way to obtain credits was to do well in games. One of the members of our Clan had to dropout for awhile due to being unable to afford the repair bill on their Tier IX HT, literally leaving it as a wreck in their garage for several weeks while they stocked up on credits by playing mid tiers.

The addition of the Rewards for Merit are another somewhat reliable form of income, with the final reward being 75,000 in my experience. :B

Balc0ra #8 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70945 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Damage = credits. So your income non-premium is reflected on how well you can contribute. Not just by damage, but by assist to ofc. So depending on skill, the income on tier 7+ for most will differ greatly. That said. It's a f2p game. As in you can get to the top without paying a cent. How fast you get there is a different matter. So a good player will see this as less of an issue, vs a bad player if you will.

25% increase is not bad idea it will just bring decent players that this game need.

That can go both ways tbh. As we have seen before. It can get new players up faster. Now that might sound great to you, but if there is something that's causing some to leave as is, or avoid some tiers. It's all the 0K tomatoes rushing tiers that have no idea what end of their gun the shell comes out of on tier 8+. And as I said... damage = credits. With a 25% boost, red line farming will def become more rewading. 

And 25%? If they do that, they need to buff the premiums tanks and accounts. As if normal tanks get 1.25x with no fees. Why pay for a tank that gives 1.5x? And then we are back to step one again more or less.

What works for one f2p game, might not work for others. Audiences likes and favor different things from game to game and genre to genre. As I doubt WOT would be as big as lol even with the perfect player model. As there is a reason why the average player here is almost 18 years older vs your average lol player.

But there was this other tank game that wanted to do everything the players wanted. Thinking it might be good for business. Once most of the big things got implemented, it died in less than 4 weeks. The other tank games learned a few lessons from that endeavor.

Leroy_Jenkinss #9 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:10 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12180 battles
  • [PODU] PODU

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 08 July 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

Well if you're doing that you can get a year of premium time for about 75 Euros and have cash to spare.

Well that kind of proves my point doesn't it. :)

A pity, you were doing so well up to this point and then you had to go full windowlicker. Never go full windowlicker.

Dude pls give me a break i didnt make this post to have some keyboard fight with some random stranger over the internet who is on 99% of forum posts on WG side and spend more time on forum than in game telling everyone that comes here to tell somehing that they are wrong and WG is godsend company that knows best for its consumers.Fck of mate find some hobys if u are bored.

Suurpolskija #10 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:18 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22815 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostLeroy_Jenkinss, on 08 July 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

Dude pls give me a break i didnt make this post to have some keyboard fight with some random stranger over the internet who is on 99% of forum posts on WG side and spend more time on forum than in game telling everyone that comes here to tell somehing that they are wrong and WG is godsend company that knows best for its consumers.Fck of mate find some hobys if u are bored.

So, disagreeing with you is being a WG shill. 

You indeed are clueless. 

Leroy_Jenkinss #11 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12180 battles
  • [PODU] PODU

View Postonderschepper, on 08 July 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

The campaigns are a good way to grind credits, with the ability to have two active at one time making life much easier than it was prior to their introduction.

PS4 circa 2014 the only way to obtain credits was to do well in games. One of the members of our Clan had to dropout for awhile due to being unable to afford the repair bill on their Tier IX HT, literally leaving it as a wreck in their garage for several weeks while they stocked up on credits by playing mid tiers.

The addition of the Rewards for Merit are another somewhat reliable form of income, with the final reward being 75,000 in my experience. :B

I did all misions from first campaign and im not to much interested in second one at all.

18:21 Added after 0 minutes

View PostSuurpolskija, on 08 July 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

So, disagreeing with you is being a WG shill. 

You indeed are clueless. 

YEEEE
18:30 Added after 10 minutes

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 July 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Damage = credits. So your income non-premium is reflected on how well you can contribute. Not just by damage, but by assist to ofc. So depending on skill, the income on tier 7+ for most will differ greatly. That said. It's a f2p game. As in you can get to the top without paying a cent. How fast you get there is a different matter. So a good player will see this as less of an issue, vs a bad player if you will.

That can go both ways tbh. As we have seen before. It can get new players up faster. Now that might sound great to you, but if there is something that's causing some to leave as is, or avoid some tiers. It's all the 0K tomatoes rushing tiers that have no idea what end of their gun the shell comes out of on tier 8+. And as I said... damage = credits. With a 25% boost, red line farming will def become more rewading. 

And 25%? If they do that, they need to buff the premiums tanks and accounts. As if normal tanks get 1.25x with no fees. Why pay for a tank that gives 1.5x? And then we are back to step one again more or less.

What works for one f2p game, might not work for others. Audiences likes and favor different things from game to game and genre to genre. As I doubt WOT would be as big as lol even with the perfect player model. As there is a reason why the average player here is almost 18 years older vs your average lol player.

But there was this other tank game that wanted to do everything the players wanted. Thinking it might be good for business. Once most of the big things got implemented, it died in less than 4 weeks. The other tank games learned a few lessons from that endeavor.

Tomatos rushing tiers.Dude you realise you can buy yourself tier 8 day one and yes i seen those acounts.Redline camping you do realise you share exp and cr if someone is spotting for you.25% increase is for all who plays this game, dudes who play for free will be greatfull for just a litlle bit more income and the dudes who have premium times and premium tanks will just have a more credits in the bank that is preaty much useless bcs on most premium acounts ppl sit on milions of credits that are preaty much just eye candy while i strugle to earn in one day one piece of equipment.

Bordhaw #12 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14128 battles

View PostLeroy_Jenkinss, on 08 July 2019 - 05:12 PM, said:

Recently i got to try for free this new premium time and the difference between complete free to play and this new premium time is like night and day.9

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:41 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostLeroy_Jenkinss, on 08 July 2019 - 07:10 PM, said:

Dude pls give me a break i didnt make this post to have some keyboard fight with some random stranger over the internet 

You do understand what a discussion forum is for right? :)

Leroy_Jenkinss #14 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12180 battles
  • [PODU] PODU

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 08 July 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

You do understand what a discussion forum is for right? :)

YEEEEEE

onderschepper #15 Posted 08 July 2019 - 07:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2060 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

View PostLeroy_Jenkinss, on 08 July 2019 - 07:20 PM, said:

I did all misions from first campaign and im not to much interested in second one at all.

Nothing more I can suggest as extra means of earning, other than selling unused vehicles. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Hook, Habit, Hobby Business Model present in most F2P games functions because the Free option is a painfully slow process compared with Premium, thus unless there are sweeping changes across the entire industry the current formula shall remain the same. :)

mrjacktheripper #16 Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:11 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30289 battles

Hello fellow tankers.

I really like this game, but the free to play experince should be balanced a bit. I get that wargaming needs money to provide us this beautiful game, totally understandable, but the credit income for free to play players is really horrible. If i lose credits in a game where i played badly i'm ok with it, but losing credits in nice games, where you got top exp and top dmg, where you fired 0 gold ammo is not fair in my opinion.

4656 dmg 3kills, 4 shots missed, 0 gold used and excluding the 2 kits used, the credits would be -367.  Is this fair? The game was a win btw.

https://imgur.com/WZvFI1O

Negativvv #17 Posted 09 July 2019 - 03:41 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11576 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
Buy WoT PA...

In fact last Summer a Years worth was heavily discounted, maybe WG will tempt you this time round?

Fair enough you want to F2P but Victor doesn't run a charity.

Whilst I'm done giving WG loads of money, I accept they still need to be paid...

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:27 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postmrjacktheripper, on 09 July 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

4656 dmg 3kills, 4 shots missed, 0 gold used and excluding the 2 kits used, the credits would be -367.  Is this fair? The game was a win btw.

Playing at tier 9 as you are, yes, this is fair.

UNFAIR_GAME_8 #19 Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 5376 battles
  • [_U_G_] _U_G_

View Postmrjacktheripper, on 09 July 2019 - 03:11 AM, said:

Hello fellow tankers.

I really like this game, but the free to play experince should be balanced a bit. I get that wargaming needs money to provide us this beautiful game, totally understandable, but the credit income for free to play players is really horrible. If i lose credits in a game where i played badly i'm ok with it, but losing credits in nice games, where you got top exp and top dmg, where you fired 0 gold ammo is not fair in my opinion.

https://imgur.com/WZvFI1O

4600 damage and you lose 6000 credit ??!! loooooool. im true its unfair_game

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 09 July 2019 - 05:50 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostUNFAIR_GAME_8, on 09 July 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

4600 damage and you lose 6000 credit ??!! loooooool. im true its unfair_game

6k is practically nothing. Either way if you want to play as a F2P player, which is absolutely your right to do so, then you have to accept the fact that WG is not obligated to reward you for it.

You are expected to fund your high tier games by playing the lower tiers where WG have made it perfectly possible to earn credits as a F2P player.

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 09 July 2019 - 06:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users