Jump to content


Question to all tankers


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

Wux777 #1 Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:54 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1289 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

Can someone answer me 1 simple question? But think it thru please, don't give me superficial answers like "I want to be good...blah, blah..."..Please give me adult and the most serious answer. Ok?

 

Why you MUST be good in WoT? Why we MUST be good in Pc game to that point that we go with dead threats and wishes if someone isn't? Is it ego, or sad lonelly life, childhood, lost girlfriend, boyfriend, what?


Edited by Wux777, 08 July 2019 - 11:58 PM.


Fizzymagic #2 Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:56 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 46626 battles
  • 98
  • [JIMMY] JIMMY
  • Member since:
    09-19-2013
:popcorn:

Wux777 #3 Posted 08 July 2019 - 11:58 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1289 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017
I pop pop pop it too. :D

r00barb #4 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:08 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26740 battles
  • 10,835
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostWux777, on 08 July 2019 - 10:54 PM, said:

Why you MUST be good in WoT? Why we MUST be good in Pc game to that point that we go with dead threats and wishes if someone isn't? Is it ego, or sad lonelly life, childhood, lost girlfriend, boyfriend, what?

 

Why do you feel there has to be a MUST behind everyone else's motivation that's tied to some personal failing? The question says a lot about you, probably more than you'd like to admit to yourself.

 

Personally I play this game mostly because my reactions are too slow to keep up with FPS games (Battlefield, CS:GO, Rainbow 6 Siege, etc.). I try to improve because there's always something new to learn and it's only through experimentation can we say whether something works for us or not.

 

At some point I would like to get stuck into proper clan battles and earn myself one or more of the special reward tanks, that's probably as close as I get to a drive to be good. Though I've been grinding my arties tonight and haven't won a game yet, that's not doing my stats any favours. I added a stat image to my signature but only so I get an idea of how I'm doing overall without visiting other sites - I'm on here often enough!

 

But enough about me, back to you. What's behind your drive to succeed and why is it so affecting you that you're projecting that desire on to everyone else? :)



7thSyndicate #5 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:12 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46603 battles
  • 579
  • Member since:
    10-09-2012
If you play a game to be bad and lose the games, why would you play it? Do you enjoy the failure?

VonniVidiVici #6 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:15 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 38691 battles
  • 12,519
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View Post7thSyndicate, on 09 July 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

If you play a game to be bad and lose the games, why would you play it? Do you enjoy the failure?

 

Maybe that's how to succeed. :harp:

 



ValkyrionX #7 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:15 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 50524 battles
  • 2,186
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

... if you like something in life it's not fair to try, at least I say try , to make it better and always try to improve yourself?

 

This is also true outside the videogames field, it is generally a concept of life.

 

If then in wot one sucks forever..patience..is just a video game :P



Wux777 #8 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:17 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1289 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View Postr00barb, on 09 July 2019 - 12:08 AM, said:

 

Why do you feel there has to be a MUST behind everyone else's motivation that's tied to some personal failing? The question says a lot about you, probably more than you'd like to admit to yourself.

 

Personally I play this game mostly because my reactions are too slow to keep up with FPS games (Battlefield, CS:GO, Rainbow 6 Siege, etc.). I try to improve because there's always something new to learn and it's only through experimentation can we say whether something works for us or not.

 

At some point I would like to get stuck into proper clan battles and earn myself one or more of the special reward tanks, that's probably as close as I get to a drive to be good. Though I've been grinding my arties tonight and haven't won a game yet, that's not doing my stats any favours. I added a stat image to my signature but only so I get an idea of how I'm doing overall without visiting other sites - I'm on here often enough!

 

But enough about me, back to you. What's behind your drive to succeed and why is it so affecting you that you're projecting that desire on to everyone else? :)

 

First of all, your answer says a lot, second you didn't answered me, you just proved my question. I asked "why we must be that good and why we insult others if they are not" and you jumped like a little bunny and attacked me instantlly.

 

Please go back to your wot, bf, clans...etc, and when you think more adult answer, post it please.

23:18 Added after 0 minutes

View Post7thSyndicate, on 09 July 2019 - 12:12 AM, said:

If you play a game to be bad and lose the games, why would you play it? Do you enjoy the failure?

 

Why would I play to be bad? That wasn't my question.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 70974 battles
  • 19,625
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
Spoiler


Dorander #10 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:20 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21014 battles
  • 5,355
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

For the same reason that people who do anything, enjoy playing against people of their own level.

 

I might enjoy a game of tennis, but you'd never see me at Wimbledon or any other great tournament. I would not enjoy playing against players who can play competitively there and they would not enjoy playing against me. It is no challenge for them, and I stand no chance. It is the same with every kind of competition: it's fun being challenged and facing people who can actually compete against with some chance to win, it's no fun being defeated easily, nor is it much fun winning easily. You might enjoy it for a little bit, but it's not something you're likely to do for a long time.

 

The problem of being "good" at WoT is similar, it's not so much a problem of not being good, it's a problem of not being relatively really bad compared to the people competing against, or with. It's not, for most people, about winning all the time or even losing all the time. It's about playing a good game. People want others to be good at WoT, so they can play a good game. They want the other team to be good enough, so they feel challenged and not just stomping over them again and again. They probably want to win a bit more often than lose just for personal ego, but at the core of it, people want to play a good game where they feel what they do matters. How the other 14 behave, or even the other 29, is integral to that experience.



Wux777 #11 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:25 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1289 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostDorander, on 09 July 2019 - 12:20 AM, said:

For the same reason that people who do anything, enjoy playing against people of their own level.

 

I might enjoy a game of tennis, but you'd never see me at Wimbledon or any other great tournament. I would not enjoy playing against players who can play competitively there and they would not enjoy playing against me. It is no challenge for them, and I stand no chance. It is the same with every kind of competition: it's fun being challenged and facing people who can actually compete against with some chance to win, it's no fun being defeated easily, nor is it much fun winning easily. You might enjoy it for a little bit, but it's not something you're likely to do for a long time.

 

The problem of being "good" at WoT is similar, it's not so much a problem of not being good, it's a problem of not being relatively really bad compared to the people competing against, or with. It's not, for most people, about winning all the time or even losing all the time. It's about playing a good game. People want others to be good at WoT, so they can play a good game. They want the other team to be good enough, so they feel challenged and not just stomping over them again and again. They probably want to win a bit more often than lose just for personal ego, but at the core of it, people want to play a good game where they feel what they do matters. How the other 14 behave, or even the other 29, is integral to that experience.

 

OK...so you are really into this. You give examples that is not related to WoT directlly, so that is how you are, that is your standing? You want the same level opnent...and that is great, but what happened to insults to others who are not on your level?

 

If you meet retarded person, would you insult him because he is not "great and smart" as you?



Dorander #12 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:30 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21014 battles
  • 5,355
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostWux777, on 08 July 2019 - 11:25 PM, said:

 

OK...so you are really into this. You give examples that is not related to WoT directlly, so that is how you are, that is your standing? You want the same level opnent...and that is great, but what happened to insults to others who are not on your level?

 

If you meet retarded person, would you insult him because he is not "great and smart" as you?

 

While, like any other human being, I am not always in full control of my emotions, I endeavour to avoid insulting people. I aim to critcize decisions and statements, not the people making them.

Wux777 #13 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:33 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1289 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostDorander, on 09 July 2019 - 12:30 AM, said:

 

While, like any other human being, I am not always in full control of my emotions, I endeavour to avoid insulting people. I aim to critcize decisions and statements, not the people making them.

 

When I said "you" I thought on majority players, not you personally. So from that neutral stand, why majority is that brutal to weaker?

 

I had every day insults, dead threats, cancer wishes...etc. WHY? It is a pc game? Or I'm in Twilight zone?

 

The only sick thing that I understand, is nationality hate.


Edited by Wux777, 09 July 2019 - 12:35 AM.


r00barb #14 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26740 battles
  • 10,835
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostWux777, on 08 July 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

First of all, your answer says a lot ...

 

Thought that might hit a nerve. :D

 

View PostWux777, on 08 July 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

... second you didn't answered me, you just proved my question. I asked "why we must be that good and why we insult others if they are not" and you jumped like a little bunny and attacked me instantlly.

 

Except I answered the question. You not liking my answer and trying to find some way to turn that into an attack only confirms how strong your projection is.

 

If you want evidence of that, please quote the exact lines where I insulted you. I asked why you felt there had to be a MUST behind our actions and what drove that need - you've avoided that question and instead claimed it's an insult. It's no more insulting that your original insinuation that everyone's got some dire personal issues yet you've immediately gone on the attack in response.

 

View PostWux777, on 08 July 2019 - 11:17 PM, said:

Please go back to your wot, bf, clans...etc, and when you think more adult answer, post it please.

 

Physician, heal thyself. :rolleyes:



Dorander #15 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:40 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 21014 battles
  • 5,355
  • Member since:
    05-07-2012

View PostWux777, on 08 July 2019 - 11:33 PM, said:

 

When I said "you" I thought on majority players, not you personally. So from that neutral stand, why majority is that brutal to weaker?

 

I'm not sure it is the majority, I think we just notice the statements because they are vocal, we don't notice the other people who never said a thing.

 

That said, plenty people simply consider little beyond themselves and their own desires and are only concerned with what they feel is important, which to some extent is a fair enough position given that everybody voluntarily spends their own time here. The insults are a combination of venting their frustration and the comfort of a two-way anonymity where they know they face no significant repercussions for their actions and, since they are merely names on a screen that only some supposed stranger is behind, don't consider many people on the Internet to be actual people. At least not enough to treat them this way.

 

Have you ever noticed how you seldomly see this kind of behaviour in real life? In real life, people are confronted with the consequences of their actions, not only to them, but also to the other person. We're social animals and most of us are hard-wired to have some sort of sympathetic reaction to people who are physically or emotionally injured, no matter how hard they might endeavour to suppress it, no matter if they are the cause of it. But if you're spared witnessing the reaction, that sympathetic reaction never takes place.



The_Naa #16 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:40 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 6745 battles
  • 1,040
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    11-10-2017

usually hate mail will come from your teammates and rarely from your enemy. (in this game at least)

to them its fine to be bad when you are on the enemy team, but if you are bad on their team they will let you know about it.

 

its only a game to me. but i will improvise - adapt - overcome whenever i can, i want to git gut. i dont pressure others to be good if they dont want to be, but if they want to be competitive they may as well try to get good at the game.

and the only way to get good at this game is by playing it. so keep playing and you will git gut. :)



Wux777 #17 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1289 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View Postr00barb, on 09 July 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

 

Thought that might hit a nerve. :D

 

 

Except I answered the question. You not liking my answer and trying to find some way to turn that into an attack only confirms how strong your projection is.

 

If you want evidence of that, please quote the exact lines where I insulted you. I asked why you felt there had to be a MUST behind our actions and what drove that need - you've avoided that question and instead claimed it's an insult. It's no more insulting that your original insinuation that everyone's got some dire personal issues yet you've immediately gone on the attack in response.

 

 

Physician, heal thyself. :rolleyes:

 

Your stand was negative, maybe not insulting but you attacked me with irony about the question and your post just scream "fight the power".."Counter this guy", "Let's tell him that he is wrong just because"...but you didn't answered my question because you missed that "insults" in question.

 

I don't want to heard about your game tactic, results, pleasure...or else. I WANT TO KNOW: Wha is this pc game so important that you turn into apes because of it?



fwhaatpiraat #18 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:44 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 55666 battles
  • 1,355
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013
You know many people just like the dopamine and andrenaline rushes caused by winning? Whether it's poker, football, table football, card games or video games.

Wux777 #19 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:47 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1289 battles
  • 138
  • Member since:
    08-26-2017

View PostDorander, on 09 July 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

 

I'm not sure it is the majority, I think we just notice the statements because they are vocal, we don't notice the other people who never said a thing.

 

Ok, this is correct. "A lot" is better because I got it every day.

 

 


Edited by Wux777, 09 July 2019 - 12:47 AM.


r00barb #20 Posted 09 July 2019 - 12:53 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 26740 battles
  • 10,835
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostWux777, on 08 July 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

Your stand was negative, maybe not insulting but you attacked me with irony about the question and your post just scream "fight the power".."Counter this guy", "Let's tell him that he is wrong just because"...but you didn't answered my question because you missed that "insults" in question.

 

Screaming "fight the power" would only be relevant if you were in some sort of position of power or responsibility. You're not - you're just another poster on an internet forum who happens to play a tanks game, same as me. Your insistence that I'm determined in some way to strike out against you is both hilarious and further confirms your projection - seriously, who do you think you are?

 

View PostWux777, on 08 July 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

I don't want to heard about your game tactic, results, pleasure...or else. I WANT TO KNOW: Wha is this pc game so important that you turn into apes because of it?

 

You really don't get it, do you? Some of us don't turn into apes - we might throw a few choice words at inept teams occasionally or roll our eyes at the sheer effrontery of some folk who choose to play higher tiers (including ourselves) but speaking for myself, I leave that behind when I finish a battle and move on to the next. When I exit the game, that disappears and when I turn off the computer, so do you.

 

It's a game, some of us are able to treat it as such. I suggest you might benefit from taking some time to think about that.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users