Rage quit - the real reasons WVs have ruined the game

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

OdyLankenau #1 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10040 battles

POPULAR

Every time I come on this forum to vent after having another random match ruined by WVs I see the same old comments shouting the complainers down and decide "what's the point". But today I've utterly had enough. 

Before the "git gud" army start shouting down any and all criticism of the WVs: I am an average player (at best), and like it or not the vast majority of people who play game are average or worse, and just want to play to have fun (which occasionally happens!) 

I do not think WVs are over-powered (well except for one part of them - see below) - they genuinely look hard to play and master. The point is they're just borked and have completely F'ed the game for regular players.

What's wrong with WVs? Why have I just rage quited?

1 - Maps, Maps, Maps!

I play all tank classes, but none make any difference when you load onto Ensk or Ruinberg and the enemy team's EBR spots your whole f**king team in 9 seconds. As arty, or in my autoloaders, or T30 I haven't even loaded a shell. Not that it would make any difference as you're then dead in 20 seconds, and even if you're not it takes the whole team 30 seconds to finally take out the little b**tard. Ensk and Ruinberg are extreme examples but ALL the other maps suffer the same problem: they weren't designed for WVs! If the enemy team have an EBR, you can't get to the points on the map you need to anymore. If you try, then 30 seconds into the game you blow up, having never even seen another enemy. This is not FUN. The only map that's been designed with WVs in mind is Kharkov IMO.

I've just quit after an EBR got behind the whole team on Steppes within 40 seconds and lit everyone. It only survived 20 seconds but that was long enough to stop everyone from going to their positions, and for our arty to be destroyed, several tanks (including me) to lose half their HP from enemy TDs and arty, meanwhile the enemy team had taken the key positions... and within 1 minute of the match we'd already lost. This is happening MOST games against WVs. And to all the unicums who want to shout me down and tell me to git gud: there at 14 other players on your team, and the reality is most are average players that have no hope in hell of dealing with these WV pests, even at Tier 8.

2 - The Match Maker

When your team loads in with an ELC EVEN 90 and the enemy team with an EBR 75 (more on that in a sec) then you might as well all retreat into a corner and await your death. The ELC has no hope. It's slow off the mark compared to an EBR, the gun is hopeless against the EBR, and it's super amazing camo is no use when the EBR just YOLOs you and proxy spots your position (if you can even get to that position). WVs must be matched against other WVs - they are not the same class as normal LTs! And in answer to the "use your view range" BS - your view range means nothing when in 1 second the EBR 75 can close the distance of that spotting advantage, dodge 3 shots and then slam two HE rounds into you then proceed to light up your whole team while flying through the air and shouting "YEE HAW". This is not WoT! The EBR 105 you can pretty much get 450m view range so view range is moot by Tier X anyway. 

It might be fun for you, but it's not fun for anyone else.

3 - The "OP" bit

People need to stop getting fixated on the auto-aim... LTs should have the same function, but that's not the problem with the WVs. It's the ridiculous dispersion values. Flying around (sometimes literally flying) at 100km/h and snap shotting from 200m is broken! It's already got speed, agility and camo, it doesn't need a f**king laser gun (not to mention HE rounds that tear apart other LTs). Most tanks need 2-3 seconds to aim and unless you're driving a russian tank firing on the move is a pot-luck affair, but with WVs I'm getting slammed when they're flying at full speed and I can't even bring my turret around in time let alone aim. The EBR 75's two-shot is just pay to win and should never have been released like that. The really skilled players (and that seems to be the ones playing these vehicles) can peek-and-shoot so fast that you don't have any hope in hell of pulling the trigger. 

And then when you finally do get a shot on it the f**king wheels absorb the shotWHAT?! This is a CAR we're talking about. A CAR! And my 105mm shell just got "absorbed" by the wheels! "Oh but it slows down!" SO WHAT?! IT SHOULD BE DEAD!

"But look at the stats, they're not OP; you haven't played it so you don't know". Sure Tier 6 and Tier 7 look awful - I have no interest in grinding those vehicles. And even the Lynx doesn't look great. But the EBRs are straight up OP. Nerf the dispersion and the stupid magical wheels of absorption power and maybe they'll be fine (if you also fix the Maps and the MM), but at the moment they can rip other tanks they encounter to pieces (especially other LTs), and sometimes there's literally nothing you can do about it.

Don't get me wrong - I'm tempted to buy the EBR 75 and YOLO around. It does look fun. But right now I don't want to give any more money to WG.

In fact I'm going to take a break from the game and hopefully a product manager at WG starts seeing all the "regular" players like me (who have given them a lot of money over the years) leaving because of this utter BS, broken, and most importantly not fun situation.

Au revoir.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33093 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
If 15 tanks can't deal with a yoloing wheelie I don't think the wheelie is the problem. Look at the team list, if you see a wheelie on the opposite side play accordingly. 

LincolnTank #3 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:08 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9033 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I get huge satisfaction with hitting a wheelie with a big shot and seeing it flip into the air as it does.........righteous

OdyLankenau #4 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10040 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 July 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

If 15 tanks can't deal with a yoloing wheelie I don't think the wheelie is the problem. Look at the team list, if you see a wheelie on the opposite side play accordingly. 

So all 15 players are the problem? This dismissive attitude is what I'm talking about. Every single player, except the WV is the problem? Therefore all other players of the game shouldn't be playing the game?

I noticed the EBR in the enemy team list and I didn't even expect it to appear behind us, let alone the 12 year-old with 2k battles under his belt. It took 20 seconds to deal with it - probably 5 seconds of which it wasn't even noticed, another 5 seconds to stop and turn our guns, and then another 10 seconds of it managing to avoid enough shots to keep it alive long enough to spot all of us.

We DID take care of it - probably as fast as we possibly could have - but it was already too late. That's the point - by virtue of having to deal with it we're already f**ked - less than a minute into the game.

MeetriX #5 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:18 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 22838 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 09 July 2019 - 08:07 PM, said:

15 tanks can (sometimes) deal YOLO wagon while the other team take key positions.

Zero tactic play. 

8126Jakobsson #6 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 76693 battles

View PostLincolnTank, on 09 July 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

I get huge satisfaction with hitting a wheelie with a big shot and seeing it flip into the air as it does.........righteous

And then you hit him and feel really good about yourself for doing so...but all you got from it was a punctured tire and he got away safe and sound. :bajan:

Balc0ra #7 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70974 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Unless you play arty and get yoloed by them all the time. I can honestly say the EBR's have never made me "rage quit". Now I've seen one wheeled run about vs 6 guns and no one can hit them. But the other 9 out of 10 times they die before they even get the 2nd shot off, and it's the same if I play them. That's far from every game I have that much fun. So unless you like failing alot, don't buy it. If I'm alone in any slow slugger... they are about as annoying as anything more mobile then me.  Be they Cromwell's, 13 90's or EBR's.

Negativvv #8 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11642 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
Meh, Cars are a stupid addition but I don't lose sleep over it.

Their HE can be crazy at the higher tiers and the Ultra Wheel Armour is insane.

They harm LTs but just means said LT needs to be a bit more conservative until the Car is dead.

Light nerfs would likely make them less annoying. Like weaken the HE and make losing a wheel far more damaging.

Still, I won't rage quit whatever WG do as I don't see them as a deal breaker.

WindSplitter1 #9 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:29 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18873 battles
  • [DTPT] DTPT

View PostOdyLankenau, on 09 July 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

*snip*

Also, the real reason why WVs have ruined the game isn't any of that wall of text which I bothered not to read. It's simply because they introduced something new that effectively renders null previous tactics that used to work, and people using them simply do not want to adjust them to fit the new threat.

In short, they don't want to adapt to the game - they want the lazy approach that WG consistently delivers over and over - they want the game to adapt for them.

Edited by WindSplitter1, 09 July 2019 - 08:31 PM.

Slyspy #10 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14633 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I quite agree with the OP. 

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12485 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostOdyLankenau, on 09 July 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Every time...

Well written!

I agree on most points, personally I really enjoyed the EBR 75 on rental, most fun I had in the game in a long time. However I agree they are damaging the game. I also struggle hitting them, but I also struggle hitting light/fast tanks in general. They increase the frustration level...

Leepants #12 Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19608 battles
  • [ZIIP] ZIIP

View PostOdyLankenau, on 09 July 2019 - 07:03 PM, said:

Don't get me wrong - I'm tempted to buy the EBR 75 and YOLO around. It does look fun. But right now I don't want to give any more money to WG.

Just do it. It's ridiculous fun. Also, grind the line - first one is a bit poo. I'm on the T7 one and again, it's just bonkers fun! :) 

HassenderZerhacker #13 Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29959 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostOdyLankenau, on 09 July 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Every time I come on this forum to vent after having another random match ruined by WVs I see the same old comments shouting the complainers down and decide "what's the point". But today I've utterly had enough. 

Before the "git gud" army start shouting down any and all criticism of the WVs: I am an average player (at best), and like it or not the vast majority of people who play game are average or worse, and just want to play to have fun (which occasionally happens!) 

I do not think WVs are over-powered (well except for one part of them - see below) - they genuinely look hard to play and master. The point is they're just borked and have completely F'ed the game for regular players.

What's wrong with WVs? Why have I just rage quited?

1 - Maps, Maps, Maps!

I play all tank classes, but none make any difference when you load onto Ensk or Ruinberg and the enemy team's EBR spots your whole f**king team in 9 seconds. As arty, or in my autoloaders, or T30 I haven't even loaded a shell. Not that it would make any difference as you're then dead in 20 seconds, and even if you're not it takes the whole team 30 seconds to finally take out the little b**tard. Ensk and Ruinberg are extreme examples but ALL the other maps suffer the same problem: they weren't designed for WVs! If the enemy team have an EBR, you can't get to the points on the map you need to anymore. If you try, then 30 seconds into the game you blow up, having never even seen another enemy. This is not FUN. The only map that's been designed with WVs in mind is Kharkov IMO.

I've just quit after an EBR got behind the whole team on Steppes within 40 seconds and lit everyone. It only survived 20 seconds but that was long enough to stop everyone from going to their positions, and for our arty to be destroyed, several tanks (including me) to lose half their HP from enemy TDs and arty, meanwhile the enemy team had taken the key positions... and within 1 minute of the match we'd already lost. This is happening MOST games against WVs. And to all the unicums who want to shout me down and tell me to git gud: there at 14 other players on your team, and the reality is most are average players that have no hope in hell of dealing with these WV pests, even at Tier 8.

2 - The Match Maker

When your team loads in with an ELC EVEN 90 and the enemy team with an EBR 75 (more on that in a sec) then you might as well all retreat into a corner and await your death. The ELC has no hope. It's slow off the mark compared to an EBR, the gun is hopeless against the EBR, and it's super amazing camo is no use when the EBR just YOLOs you and proxy spots your position (if you can even get to that position). WVs must be matched against other WVs - they are not the same class as normal LTs! And in answer to the "use your view range" BS - your view range means nothing when in 1 second the EBR 75 can close the distance of that spotting advantage, dodge 3 shots and then slam two HE rounds into you then proceed to light up your whole team while flying through the air and shouting "YEE HAW". This is not WoT! The EBR 105 you can pretty much get 450m view range so view range is moot by Tier X anyway. 

It might be fun for you, but it's not fun for anyone else.

3 - The "OP" bit

People need to stop getting fixated on the auto-aim... LTs should have the same function, but that's not the problem with the WVs. It's the ridiculous dispersion values. Flying around (sometimes literally flying) at 100km/h and snap shotting from 200m is broken! It's already got speed, agility and camo, it doesn't need a f**king laser gun (not to mention HE rounds that tear apart other LTs). Most tanks need 2-3 seconds to aim and unless you're driving a russian tank firing on the move is a pot-luck affair, but with WVs I'm getting slammed when they're flying at full speed and I can't even bring my turret around in time let alone aim. The EBR 75's two-shot is just pay to win and should never have been released like that. The really skilled players (and that seems to be the ones playing these vehicles) can peek-and-shoot so fast that you don't have any hope in hell of pulling the trigger. 

And then when you finally do get a shot on it the f**king wheels absorb the shotWHAT?! This is a CAR we're talking about. A CAR! And my 105mm shell just got "absorbed" by the wheels! "Oh but it slows down!" SO WHAT?! IT SHOULD BE DEAD!

"But look at the stats, they're not OP; you haven't played it so you don't know". Sure Tier 6 and Tier 7 look awful - I have no interest in grinding those vehicles. And even the Lynx doesn't look great. But the EBRs are straight up OP. Nerf the dispersion and the stupid magical wheels of absorption power and maybe they'll be fine (if you also fix the Maps and the MM), but at the moment they can rip other tanks they encounter to pieces (especially other LTs), and sometimes there's literally nothing you can do about it.

In fact I'm going to take a break from the game and hopefully a product manager at WG starts seeing all the "regular" players like me (who have given them a lot of money over the years) leaving because of this utter BS, broken, and most importantly not fun situation.

Au revoir.

the solution is always the same: camp more

trying active moves almost always results in premature explosions.

just CAMP.

that is the playstyle WG seems to promote

Negativvv #14 Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11642 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE
I just wish WG left the speed boost in, so more folk would crash and burn...

Vexnet #15 Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21708 battles

A 20 kg projectile at 900 m/s will effectively cut in a half a vehicle. But NO ! that wheeled tank has nothing.

So basically if Grille 15 can pen a Type 5 armor and cannot pen an ordinary wheel at EBR, automatic the EBR wheel has more armor than Type 5 armor. Pure mathematic. Isn't it wg ?

P.S. Who the **** was that "genious" (replace "genious" with everything in your mind) in wargamming team who agree to introduce this kind of thing in this game ?

Edited by Vexnet, 09 July 2019 - 09:30 PM.

4nt #16 Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27842 battles
You said it yourself- majority of players are average or worse... But really only cure to WVs is to handle them. They ain't no going anywhere so according to numbers most are either dealing with them or dealing with them badly. Numbers aint gone down in meaningful manner after the WVs gone wild...

Negativvv #17 Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11642 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostVexnet, on 09 July 2019 - 09:27 PM, said:

A 20 kg projectile at 900 m/s will effectively cut in a half a vehicle. But NO ! that wheeled tank has nothing.

So basically if Grille 15 can pen a Type 5 armor and cannot pen an ordinary wheel at EBR, automatic the EBR wheel has more armor than Type 5 armor. Pure mathematic. Isn't it wg ?

Wheels on the cars are like track magic spaced

armour but even sillier yes...

They should just release a Premium Vehicle that is just covered in wheels for lel invincibility. Car wheels even eat HE which I find mind blowing.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #18 Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8704 battles
First world problems

TheComfyChair #19 Posted 09 July 2019 - 09:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8732 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I am not keen on the pesky buggers but I haven't played this game for that long and I presume that certain light tanks probably got the same abuse. I may be wrong. If I am wrong send me money and beer for research purposes. (My M44 splats em nicely though...apologies to arty haters)

Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 09 July 2019 - 10:39 PM

General

• Player
  • 32561 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTheComfyChair, on 09 July 2019 - 08:38 PM, said:

I am not keen on the pesky buggers but I haven't played this game for that long and I presume that certain light tanks probably got the same abuse. I may be wrong. If I am wrong send me money and beer for research purposes. (My M44 splats em nicely though...apologies to arty haters)

In the good old days there was a tier 5 Russian light (was it the T-50-2?) that was so fast it could run round the field on Malinovka a couple of times at start, light up all the enemy, and be up the top of the hill 30 seconds later.  I think the servers were too slow to allow anyone to hit it.  That thing was around for around for quite a long time until removed and we were given some mediocre replacement.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

MeVsPing