Quick solutions to gameplay (July 2019)

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

superkupa #1 Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:48 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26219 battles

I'd like to propose some general, quick to implement, crucial changes to WoT gameplay that I'd like to point out as intended to save to game from falling down in popularity:

1. Premium ammo per match: max. 10% of ammo rack (no other change).

2. Wheeled vehicles: aiming on the move substantially nerfed.

3. Artillery composition per mach: max. 2.

There are more, but these are imho most important.

Let's breat these down:

Ad. 1 - the change will force players to play more tactically; no gold-spamming; less impact on stats ("golden skill")

Ad. 2 - present state makes wv too powerful, not to mention impression of having a superpower of aiming with laser weapons

Ad. 3 - arties were severly nerfed already, let's make them stay in the game, but less annoying; less arties = more tactical play (more careful target choosing)

I know that there are more changes to be made (nerfing premium tanks that are better equivalents to standard models, nerfing russian magic op-tanks, nerfing aiming of some troll-guns, changes to some maps, adding a pre-positioning on the map just before the match, adding pointers to map in shape of arrows and such, possible evaluation players-to-players for assistance and team play, ...) but these I find most needed right now. The playerbase seems to be in decline, which is sad and I'm writing this because I care (just like you guys).

Feel free to comment.

L3gionaire #2 Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:04 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23144 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View Postsuperkupa, on 10 July 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

I'd like to propose some general, quick to implement, crucial changes to WoT gameplay that I'd like to point out as intended to save to game from falling down in popularity:

Let's breat these down:

Ad. 1 - the change will force players to play more tactically; no gold-spamming; less impact on stats ("golden skill")

Ad. 2 - present state makes wv too powerful, not to mention impression of having a superpower of aiming with laser weapons

Ad. 3 - arties were severly nerfed already, let's make them stay in the game, but less annoying; less arties = more tactical play (more careful target choosing)

I know that there are more changes to be made (nerfing premium tanks that are better equivalents to standard models, nerfing russian magic op-tanks, nerfing aiming of some troll-guns, changes to some maps, adding a pre-positioning on the map just before the match, adding pointers to map in shape of arrows and such, possible evaluation players-to-players for assistance and team play, ...) but these I find most needed right now. The playerbase seems to be in decline, which is sad and I'm writing this because I care (just like you guys).

Feel free to comment.

You should post this in the Suggestions forum.

superkupa #3 Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:45 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26219 battles

View PostL3gionaire, on 10 July 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Your are right. I'd like to have a discussion on this here. Or shall I repost it there?

Jauhesammutin #4 Posted 10 July 2019 - 09:45 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postsuperkupa, on 10 July 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

Let's breat these down:

Feel free to comment.

1. Play more tactically? So parking your heavy tank sideways in the middle of an open field because nobody can pen you without gold is playing "tactically"?

So Steve can play however he wants while others need to play more "tactically".

Now you have to play more tactically as every tank can pen you with gold.

2.Have you checked the winrate curves?

3.I think 1 arty per team would be fine.

superkupa #5 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:53 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26219 battles

View PostJauhesammutin, on 10 July 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

1. Play more tactically? So parking your heavy tank sideways in the middle of an open field because nobody can pen you without gold is playing "tactically"?

So Steve can play however he wants while others need to play more "tactically".

Now you have to play more tactically as every tank can pen you with gold.

2.Have you checked the winrate curves?

3.I think 1 arty per team would be fine.

1. Yes, exactly - play more tactically. Parking a heavy in open field is death to this tank and everybody knows that. I don't feel I need to go into this further. If you want to say that current system is more tactical (pack gold, make head charge and spam it in a clash in one point of the map) then I guess we are talking about more than 1 meaning of a word "tactical".

2. Are you referring to what I wrote or, maybe, you are having other point here? My point is that playing againt actively spotting wv's (or just 2v2, 1v1 encounters) proves that their aim is total nonsense (technically-wise, given that we are not useing auto-aiming laser weapons of our era). Also, their speed advantage makes it very hard to hit, thus placing opposing tanks at great disadvantage. I'm not saying that it's 'fair' or 'unfair' - it's just makes such encounters unbalanced.

3. I can agree on that. My point is generally: '3 at a time is too much'.

malachi6 #6 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles
All discussed to death.  Clearly, we need yet more conversation in a new thread.

Jauhesammutin #7 Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postsuperkupa, on 10 July 2019 - 10:53 AM, said:

1. Yes, exactly - play more tactically. Parking a heavy in open field is death to this tank and everybody knows that. I don't feel I need to go into this further. If you want to say that current system is more tactical (pack gold, make head charge and spam it in a clash in one point of the map) then I guess we are talking about more than 1 meaning of a word "tactical".

2. Are you referring to what I wrote or, maybe, you are having other point here? My point is that playing againt actively spotting wv's (or just 2v2, 1v1 encounters) proves that their aim is total nonsense (technically-wise, given that we are not useing auto-aiming laser weapons of our era). Also, their speed advantage makes it very hard to hit, thus placing opposing tanks at great disadvantage. I'm not saying that it's 'fair' or 'unfair' - it's just makes such encounters unbalanced.

3. I can agree on that. My point is generally: '3 at a time is too much'.

1. The heavy parked sideways was exaggerated example. I guess we have different definitions for "tactical".

If all tanks could pen each others your situation wouldn't happen. Players would be more careful, use viewrange and camo and try to outplay their opponents instead of just banging heads because they can't pen each others.  

2. WV aren't OP, they don't need to be nerfed. Most of them are underperforming. 

Winrate curves

This game isn't a simulator so I don't think you can compare those to real tanks. Their other stats are bad so they get good gun handling. It's called balancing.

Mimos_A #8 Posted 10 July 2019 - 01:59 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28643 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View Postsuperkupa, on 10 July 2019 - 09:45 AM, said:

Your are right. I'd like to have a discussion on this here. Or shall I repost it there?

Okay, let's just go for your first point, cause the rest is even less thought through.

Say we stick with 10%. Is there ANY logical reason why some tanks get to carry more prem rounds than others? Why does a Type 5 get to carry 6 where a pz VII gets 4? Same story goes on and on. Not to mention that, especially at lower tiers, there's plenty of tanks that carry so much ammo it would hardly matter.

And to point out even more issues: Batchat: 30 rounds. So they'd have to go through an entire reload for a -2 clip because someone decided to show up in an overarmoured tank? Seems fair.

superkupa #9 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26219 battles

@Mimos_A

Right.

That's a debatable point. This is why I wanted to start a discussion for. That's why wg is having test servers and so on.

I wrote 10% for 2 reasons:

1. to make this idea be as clear and short-written as possible

2. to indicate that the restricting premium ammo quantity is a focus here - it should (in my opinion) force players to use that sparingly and tactically, thus giving 'poorer' players a chance agains those with tons of credits (short: premium ammo will be less F2P than it's now).

Now, when we got this covered, if we agree on my point from line above, we can work on numbers.

If we disagree, then, ok. Nobody is forced to agree with others here. Besides, I'm not saying that my proposal is perfect or so - these are just afterthoughts on the gameplay thru all these years.

Cheers!

ThinGun #10 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38938 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
Gosh, a topic whining about gold/wheelies/arty.  Who'd have thought it?

Steffin #11 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26760 battles
  • [WOOF] WOOF

1.  Ammorack size doesnt say anything about the amount of shells you use on average in a battle.  You might as well limit it to just 5.  Which of course doesn't work either.

3.  You cant just limit the number of arties.  The queue would become too long. 

7thSyndicate #12 Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46603 battles
Again this

Lomion_EU #13 Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38782 battles
  • [CSW] CSW

View PostThinGun, on 10 July 2019 - 01:20 PM, said:

Gosh, a topic whining about gold/wheelies/arty.  Who'd have thought it?

At least he put all three in the one post. saves us endlessly looking for multiple posts to discuss them in...   ...oh, wait!

Homer_J #14 Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostL3gionaire, on 10 July 2019 - 09:04 AM, said:

No, what he should do is write it on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope then throw it away.

10% premium ammo?  I don;t think I ever fire 10% of my Maus ammo anyway so whoopee.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14134 battles

View Postsuperkupa, on 10 July 2019 - 07:48 AM, said:

Let's breat these down:

Feel free to comment.

Or you could simply read the various WG Developer Q&A's listed yesterday and see what WG have proposed for all of your suggestions. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users