• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Actinid #1 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:22 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 19397 battles

Hi,

You  can drop here you feedback and suggestions concerning the friendly fire overhaul.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day !

grizly1973 #2 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:05 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22776 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

So we are now protected from the very rare occasions of friendly fire and completely unprotected against others pushing us all over the place.

This gets a big NO from me and is a further degradation of the game.

I'm really eager to see how support will deal with all the pushing-related tickets, because oh boy, there will be a lot of them.

If you dumb it down a little more maybe finally actual brain-possessing people will leave.

KanonenVogel19 #3 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

I like this change, but it would be awsome if you could now rework the entire reporting system. Because turning off friendly fire has opened up a party for trolls. And now when we can not get rid of them from the battle ourselves, we are fully dependant that you WG get them out of the game.

My suggestion is therefore:

- Transform the report system into an automatic ticket system. So, a report for "unsportsmanlike behaviour" doesn't only "flag" a player, it sends some kind of automated ticket (with date, battle id, player id, etc) to the support. The support will go through this list of automated tickets and take appropriate actions. No need to permanently ban players, but make it enough so they learn their lesson.

- In order to prevent report-trolls (players that report for false reasons), you could go 2 approaches. Either you give players a hidden "reputation value", that change depending on if their reports where valid or not. A lower reputation value means that the the automated ticket will get a lower priority from support. Another approach is that you temporarily block the report function for players that exploit it.

- Give players some kind of indication that their reports actually make a difference. I'm not saying that you should send a message to players where you write "Thanks for your report. Player X got banned. LMAO.", but atleast something. For example, you could just write "One of your recent reports was valid and we've taken the appropriate measures.". Another example would be the reputation value I explained above, but make the value visible for the player.

Edited by KanonenVogel19, 12 July 2019 - 10:25 AM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Terrible idea.

Now we will have idiots running into us, knocking our aim out, shooting us in the back for luls because dink dink noise is fun, getting in the way and all the other downsides which can only be reported through the understaffed ticket system.

09:35 Added after 2 minutes

View PostKanonenVogel19, on 12 July 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

- Transform the report system into an automatic ticket system. So, a report for "unsportsmanlike behaviour" doesn't only "flag" a player, it sends some kind of automated ticket (with date, battle id, player id, etc) to the support. The support will go through this list of automated tickets and take appropriate actions.

LOL, do you think WG will hire the hundred million support staff they will need even with some kind of reputation filter.

You can only filter out report spammers after they have made malicious reports and that means only after someone has gone through the millions they get every day.

Rati_Festa #5 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48588 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostHomer_J, on 12 July 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Terrible idea.

Now we will have idiots running into us, knocking our aim out, shooting us in the back for luls because dink dink noise is fun, getting in the way and all the other downsides which can only be reported through the understaffed ticket system.

09:35 Added after 2 minutes

LOL, do you think WG will hire the hundred million support staff they will need even with some kind of reputation filter.

You can only filter out report spammers after they have made malicious reports and that means only after someone has gone through the millions they get every day.

Ironically on the video it shows some bot ramming a team mate sniping out of a bush and the victim reacting by shooting the rammer... so they are aware of ramming but obviously don't think its an issue.

I'm not impressed with the change.

SlyMeerkat #6 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18060 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
Im kind of indifferent about it, I like to see how things go once its been live for a while before i cast my judgement because you never really know and i think thats what is wrong with the majority of players in this game of which many just like to jump the wagon and over react with any change be it big or small, just give it a chance people :)

PlymArgyle1982 #7 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15092 battles

This is not the way to resolve the issue. It breaks the tactical and immersion aspects of the game.

Just make the automatic system actually work and make the consequences something that the trolls will actually fear.

Simeon85 #8 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

Great change and fully needed for a long time, stops all those innocent players having their games ruined because some player thinks they should be able to dish out punishment as they see fit to their teammates for whatever stupid reason. 

Probably the best thing WG have done for a long time.

Ignore all the cries about blockers/trollers etc. these things are massively rare and would happen with or without team damage on, its just a send a clear report to support situation to get these players correctly banned.

But team damage is far far more common and innocent players get their games ruined or even ended due to other player's carelessness or anger, and they basically get away without any real punishment. 

grizly1973 #9 Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22776 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

I suggest removing damage to enemy vehicles as well, to keep the game consistent with the new, progressive changes.

This way the gameplay becomes just as dumb as you want it to be, with teams trying to push each other off cliffs for 15 minutes! Such a great change!

12:09 Added after 2 minutes

View PostSimeon85, on 12 July 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

Great change and fully needed for a long time, stops all those innocent players having their games ruined because some player thinks they should be able to dish out punishment as they see fit to their teammates for whatever stupid reason. 

Ignore all the cries about blockers/trollers etc. these things are massively rare and would happen with or without team damage on, its just a send a clear report to support situation to get these players correctly banned.

But team damage is far far more common and innocent players get their games ruined or even ended due to other player's carelessness or anger, and they basically get away without any real punishment. 

Because learning to respect each other with the risk of getting shot if you don't is a very bad concept. Just wait and see the s**tstorm that the game will be after this thing's released.

Edited by grizly1973, 12 July 2019 - 01:10 PM.

BlackBloodBandit #10 Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5507 battles

Good idea to make it get unpunished if people push me away for no reason or push me into enemy fire, just because they like to do so..

I at least want to be able to team-kill them next time I meet them.

sokolicc #11 Posted 12 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28906 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER
Big fat NO for multiple reasons.
And still no punishment for suicide artileries and suicide enemies stealing our missions from us.
No punishment for, efectively, LOWERING HP OF THEIR TEAM. Regardless of the fact that is self damage, there are TWO teams in the battle. And self-damage, if it's happening too often, should be considered same as teamkilling.

And anyway, friendly fire is simply DUMB change.

But hey, you listened comunity and, like you sad, canceled Object 268 v4 introduction. And in the next patch you ninja-buffed it and put into game showing us middle finger. That's why you want feedback, to have one more thing to ignore...

So i really gave up on your promisses to deliver proper and not idiot-proof things.

Will stick with this game as long as i have free time and some fun, but it's really lower and lower every day with those steamrolls and other garbage you introduced.

First Bobjects, then go-karts with magic armor gun handling, small circle radius while going 70-80-90 kph, invisible, with best camo among the lights, ultrafast aim time, OP he shells, autoaim that is cheat for other tanks etc... Then this punishment for using fast APCR shells when we aim on wheelies (this garbage on Sandbox)... Now friendly fire.

Really, game became like rocket league. Now make flat Studzianka maps, put ramps for jumping and buff wheelies even more so they're glued to the ground like there's no physics and finally some kid maybe will be satisfied.
And screw long time customers.

Foching greedy incompetent plebs...
13:08 Added after 9 minutes

View PostSimeon85, on 12 July 2019 - 11:57 AM, said:

Teamdamage is even more rare than trolls.

Lol, guy with 1400 battles and 41% winrate complains about teamkilling.

Learn the game you are playing first, raise your gameplay level and then try to improve game. Before that keep your opinion for yourself since you ahve much bigger issues than teamdamage (or not, people see bot user so they kill him).

Edited by sokolicc, 12 July 2019 - 02:00 PM.

Simeon85 #12 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

View Postgrizly1973, on 12 July 2019 - 10:07 PM, said:

I suggest removing damage to enemy vehicles as well, to keep the game consistent with the new, progressive changes.

This way the gameplay becomes just as dumb as you want it to be, with teams trying to push each other off cliffs for 15 minutes! Such a great change!

12:09 Added after 2 minutes

Because learning to respect each other with the risk of getting shot if you don't is a very bad concept. Just wait and see the s**tstorm that the game will be after this thing's released.

LOL, it was turned off in Frontline, nothing happened, it was turned off in Ranked, nothing happened.

Nothing will happen in randoms either, all this pushing and blocking you talk about barely happens and its a nonsense reason to have the ability to kill your own team mates. 

Just because you are angry player who thinks he should be able to shoot players he doesn't like is not a reason to have team damage in the game. 

View Postsokolicc, on 12 July 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

Big fat NO for multiple reasons.
And still no punishment for suicide artileries and suicide enemies stealing our missions from us.
No punishment for, efectively, LOWERING HP OF THEIR TEAM. Regardless of the fact that is self damage, there are TWO teams in the battle. And self-damage, if it's happening too often, should be considered same as teamkilling.

And anyway, friendly fire is simply DUMB change.

But hey, you listened comunity and, like you sad, canceled Object 268 v4 introduction. And in the next patch you ninja-buffed it and put into game showing us middle finger. That's why you want feedback, to have one more thing to ignore...

So i really gave up on your promisses to deliver proper and not idiot-proof things.

Will stick with this game as long as i have free time and some fun, but it's really lower and lower every day with those steamrolls and other garbage you introduced.

First Bobjects, then go-karts with magic armor gun handling, small circle radius while going 70-80-90 kph, invisible, with best camo among the lights, ultrafast aim time, OP he shells, autoaim that is cheat for other tanks etc... Then this punishment for using fast APCR shells when we aim on wheelies (this garbage on Sandbox)... Now friendly fire.

Really, game became like rocket league. Now make flat Studzianka maps, put ramps for jumping and buff wheelies even more so they're glued to the ground like there's no physics and finally some kid maybe will be satisfied.
And screw long time customers.

Foching greedy incompetent plebs...
13:08 Added after 9 minutes

Teamdamage is even more rare than trolls.

Lol, guy with 1400 battles and 41% winrate complains about teamkilling.

Learn the game you are playing first, raise your gameplay level and then try to improve game. Before that keep your opinion for yourself since you ahve much bigger issues than teamdamage (or not, people see bot user so they kill him).

Got to laugh at the guy whinging about his failure to deal with WVs talking to others about learning to play, if you cant deal with WVs that is your own poor play, learn to play yourself, they are easy to counter.

And as for the rest well just shows you have no argument really doesn't it, my stats have very little to do with turning team damage off, which is a good idea and you clearly cannot explain why its not.

Yet again clearly an angry player who thinks he should be able to shoot his own teamates, you are exactly the type of player that shows why this change was needed, thinks someone isn't playing the way he wants them to play or is in his way or thinks he has been blocked (when 99/100 the person thinking they are blocked is just oblivious to what is going on) and then thinks he should get to shoot his own team.

Well tough luck its gone.

Oh and I am considerably better than you btw which makes even that stupid argument irrelevant. 

KanonenVogel19 #13 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 390 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 12 July 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

they [wheeled vehicles] are easy to counter.

Yes, they're sooo easy to counter. A poor little tank destroyer finally finds a decent sniping position in this close-quarters brawling infested meta, then some wheeled racing car decides that it's a good decision to rush at 90 kmph into the enemies frontline and spot literally everything. What do you think will happen to this tank destroyer when he gets spotted? Half of the enemy team will shot him before he reverse back into cover, and once behind cover, the artillery will click on him. But of course, in your world, they're sooo easy to counter. Let me guess, you're a typical MT/HT player that has not set your foot in LT/TD/SPG territory for the last year?

13:56 Added after 4 minutes

View Postgrizly1973, on 12 July 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Because learning to respect each other with the risk of getting shot if you don't is a very bad concept.

You mean respect as in someone team damaging my Tiger because I snipe with it? :)

Edited by KanonenVogel19, 12 July 2019 - 02:56 PM.

kaneloon #14 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30435 battles
  • [UKN-A] UKN-A

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 12 July 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

Good idea to make it get unpunished if people push me away for no reason or push me into enemy fire, just because they like to do so..

I at least want to be able to team-kill them next time I meet them.

What you describe has nothing to do with the proposed change.

You can and still will be able to send the replay to wg and the guy will be banned 3 days allright.

Plus what escape many of you is that the damage dealer will still be punished : it just won't have an effect on the target.

14:08 Added after 2 minutes
Why people don't send replays is that they often are pretty well aware of what they have done previously before the push, and it ain't always 100% angel behaviour.

BlackBloodBandit #15 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5507 battles

View Postkaneloon, on 12 July 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

What you describe has nothing to do with the proposed change. the first part is

You can and still will be able to send the replay to wg and the guy will be banned 3 days allright.

Plus what escape many of you is that the damage dealer will still be punished : it just won't have an effect on the target.

14:08 Added after 2 minutes
Why people don't send replays is that they often are pretty well aware of what they have done previously before the push, and it ain't always 100% angel behaviour.

"Why people don't send replays is..." because WG does nothing with it. I've been pushed out so many times, only because I had a good position and someone else found himself more important then others and simply push them into enemy fire or just block them from getting back into cover and park their tank right behind yours. Mostly trash players, but also high win-rate players.

sokolicc #16 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28906 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER

View PostSimeon85, on 12 July 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

Got to laugh at the guy whinging about his failure to deal with WVs talking to others about learning to play, if you cant deal with WVs that is your own poor play, learn to play yourself, they are easy to counter.

Oh and I am considerably better than you btw which makes even that stupid argument irrelevant. 

If they're too bad why they pushed out best LT in the game away from CW or any competitive game mode?

If they are easy to counter why you're not playing anything above tier 5 so you can maybe meet them in their full glory?

Looking at your account, it's either your second account just for trolling, that's why you like FF off so you can push and be annoying even more or it is your first and you're not aware that people can see your stats and can see that you haven't learned anything to be competitive even on tier 2.

Both situations are pretty bad.

So stop calling people incompetent or bad or something like that.

Edited by sokolicc, 12 July 2019 - 03:53 PM.

Qwarkos #17 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14638 battles

i dont think u should do this, it gives the game a less real feeling.

i almost dont get shot by alies on purpose, and when it happens its olways an exxident i i dont care, it just happens and is a part of the game

ZDN #18 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 22548 battles
  • [RO_SR] RO_SR
Very good move wg! This will eliminate the team dmg and team kill by accident or by intetion.I can tell you the other day i was in my e25 and got hit by my team mate for 450 hp,just because i hit him by accident for 14 hp dmg,i was moving and he reversed and i hit his back by ram.Or crazy people that rage out.

RedlineSnieperTom #19 Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24826 battles
  • [GSTUD] GSTUD

I think when you bring this into the game you should also rework the report system.  The kids are going to push, block or whatever to show their off their little brain capacity. Therefore, when a player gets reported 5 times for blocking or pushing, he/she should be banned for a day. 

Gremlin182 #20 Posted 12 July 2019 - 04:22 PM

General

• Player
  • 55339 battles
Friendly fire is pretty rare I see it occasionally and experience it myself almost never.

However some players are getting annoyed by the slightest thing its like a drunk in a bar just itching to take offense and start a fight.

You bump into someone purely by accident and some will shoot you drive in front of you and park then when you move they follow and do it again.

Its rare but it happens.

The actions of players caused wg to remove chat between opposing teams, it was abused so it was removed.

So I think the change is once again because we have idiots playing and at least if they take no damage from accidental or deliberate shooting or bumping there is less for them to become offended by.

Well maybe but we are still talking about a drunk in a bar who wants a fight.

Good points about the change

No one will suffer ill effects "other than stun" for the actions of a friendly player.

You will not lose hit points modules or crew by friendly fire.

The person who does those things will still be punished.

However it does nothing to prevent players pushing others out of cover over cliffs or into deep water but that's really a separate issue that can be dealt with by reporting.

It should be dealt with more severely in future too because if you remove Friendly fire damage then there is absolutely no reason to lose your temper and push anyone.

If WG get a replay of someone Pushing another players tank and it leads to them being damaged killed or in no position to take any further actions in that game it should be a ban.

Don't care how long or short but if their actions are obviously deliberate then its a definite ban.

Also tagged with 1.6

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users