Team damage patch 1.6

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

XxKuzkina_MatxX #1 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 53201 battles
  • [OBY] OBY

Looks like team damage will be disabled in the upcoming patch 1.6.

• Friendly arty damage will also be disabled but the stun remains.
  • Pushing and physics abuse will still get you banned, same goes for stunning allies.
  • Turning blue in battle removes your protection from team damage and they can kill you.

grizly1973 #2 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 22776 battles
  • [BA_RO] BA_RO

I want to know how blocking could be dealt with now.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this change. It's stupid to dumb down the game but at the same time, it does improve gameplay quality indeed.

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #3 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8650 battles
Not good news, but it makes sense

Balc0ra #4 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70955 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
So it's as I feared. Stun will remain. And now every arty will help and stun you more then the enemy arty will. Great.  But at least by the looks of it they left a few stuff remain unlike console. So pushing abuse might still get you blue etc.

TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48405 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
not sure also. More bullying from heavier tanks i suspect because they know you can't fight back

Balc0ra #6 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70955 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostTheDrownedApe, on 10 July 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

not sure also. More bullying from heavier tanks i suspect because they know you can't fight back

Thing is that now barrel block might be a valid option too. As they only said HE on arty would bypass barrels. Not AP from tanks. As none will take damage from it. Console barrel block and blocking even bigger tanks by driving in their path is the common way to end an argument vs shooting back. Let's hope it doesn't get that effect here. That most just leave it with that shot that does nothing.

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 July 2019 - 03:03 PM.

Mimos_A #7 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28591 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 10 July 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

Looks like team damage will be disabled in the upcoming patch 1.6.

• Friendly arty damage will also be disabled but the stun remains.
  • Pushing and physics abuse will still get you banned, same goes for stunning allies.
  • Turning blue in battle removes your protection from team damage and they can kill you.

Interesting...

Can't say I'm in love with it, but since I'm not much in the habit of shooting allies, won't affect me too much.

I do hope they massively up the penalty for spg's stunning enemies though. It's really such a gamechanger in close quarter fights.

Simeon85 #8 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:55 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles
Good change. 

Sfinski #9 Posted 10 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
So arty still can stun me but now I can't retaliate? How's that fair? Arties didnt look where they were shooting before 'cause they didnt get punished, now they're gonna just keep shooting allies like no tomorrow.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70955 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSfinski, on 10 July 2019 - 02:57 PM, said:

So arty still can stun me but now I can't retaliate? How's that fair? Arties didnt look where they were shooting before 'cause they didnt get punished, now they're gonna just keep shooting allies like no tomorrow.

Imagine you are in a 1 on 1, and there are 3 SPG's on both teams. Most of them are helping with that 1 on 1. It's not great when they can spam shells your way to "help", by giving you a longer reload in that 1 on 1. Even more so when you just removed the stun from their 3 SPG's. It's never gonna work out well. 

Pattonizer #11 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8765 battles
Good.

Robbie_T #12 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19540 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Bad idea

Why?

Because when for example i drive my type 5 i can push everyone in enemy fireline...and not get punished for it.

because if some one dose that to me normally i fire on him to make sure he has a bad game also .( it luckely dont happen to much)

With the new rules the troller wont  take any  dmg.

this will increase trolling in the weekends.

r00barb #13 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View PostSfinski, on 10 July 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

If I understand what they're saying on the video correctly, if an arty stuns an ally then the arty will still receive a team damage penalty. Whether that's a considerable penalty (e.g. turn blue immediately) or what we have now (more leeway for arty) remains to be seen.

For me as an occasional artyist and rare team damager, this change shouldn't mean much at all. I'm still saddened to see it though, it's more dumbing down to pamper to whiners and idiots who can't control themselves.

It's also making me re-think my plans to grind the Swedish TD line. Those things get turned over by team mates now "for a laugh"; with no danger of retaliation it's not going to suddenly become a thing no one does. I hope the new team damage system isn't going to rely on players submitting Support tickets.

Sfinski #14 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Postr00barb, on 10 July 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

If I understand what they're saying on the video correctly, if an arty stuns an ally then the arty will still receive a team damage penalty. Whether that's a considerable penalty (e.g. turn blue immediately) or what we have now (more leeway for arty) remains to be seen.

Now there's no "leeway", now arty doesnt get punished from stunning allies, at all. Nada. If the stunning punishment isn't harsh enough, like stun twice, be it two separate shots and one ally or one shot and two allies, and become blue for minimum 10 games and instant ban when stunning while blue, the system isnt going to work at all. I'm afraid this is going to be a disaster. 

For me as an occasional artyist and rare team damager, this change shouldn't mean much at all. I'm still saddened to see it though, it's more dumbing down to pamper to whiners and idiots who can't control themselves.

It's also making me re-think my plans to grind the Swedish TD line. Those things get turned over by team mates now "for a laugh"; with no danger of retaliation it's not going to suddenly become a thing no one does. I hope the new team damage system isn't going to rely on players submitting Support tickets.

r00barb #15 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View PostSfinski, on 10 July 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

Now there's no "leeway", now arty doesnt get punished from stunning allies, at all. Nada.

I'm talking about the current team damage penalty, not a stunning penalty.

View PostSfinski, on 10 July 2019 - 02:31 PM, said:

If the stunning punishment isn't harsh enough, like stun twice, be it two separate shots and one ally or one shot and two allies, and become blue for minimum 10 games and instant ban when stunning while blue, the system isnt going to work at all. I'm afraid this is going to be a disaster. 

If the punishment for ramming or blocking a team mate doesn't involve the offending player being dragged from their home, hanged from a lamppost and set on fire, this new system will be a disaster.

See? I can do hyperbole too. :rolleyes:

How about we wait to see what's proposed and then criticise it instead of imagining what might be? Wouldn't that be nice for a change?

Sfinski #16 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 35443 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Postr00barb, on 10 July 2019 - 04:36 PM, said:

I'm talking about the current team damage penalty, not a stunning penalty.

If the punishment for ramming or blocking a team mate doesn't involve the offending player being dragged from their home, hanged from a lamppost and set on fire, this new system will be a disaster.

See? I can do hyperbole too. :rolleyes:

How about we wait to see what's proposed and then criticise it instead of imagining what might be? Wouldn't that be nice for a change?

Mine wasnt hyperbole though. Just fair punishment equal to team damage.

LIL_Veky #17 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10276 battles
  • [DEATS] DEATS
I hope this doesnt get through. Makes the game more dull and less random

r00barb #18 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26706 battles

View PostSfinski, on 10 July 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Mine wasnt hyperbole though. Just fair punishment equal to team damage.

If you say so, I'm not getting into an argument over what constitutes fair punishment when I don't fire into fights anyway.

Now, what do we do with players who call for arty support, watch as the target is marked, see the ground next to the target is marked and then rush in to face-hug the enemy the moment the shot's fired? That happened to me yesterday - how should the new system punish that player?

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28940 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS

+ Removing ramming dmg. This was really annoying and dumb especially with troll spawn locations where a light tank would find it really hard to rush through the ranks of teammates without clonking a heavy and losing at times a notable portion hp.

- Everything else. arty can still stun teammates. So basically if some SPG decides he has a problem with how his teammate or teammates are playing he can just troll stun them for the entire battle with no consequences, for up to 15 minutes? Or he can just wait until the moments that poor teammate he is griefing is at his most vulnerable like being attacked or making a push and just stun him during these moments thus removing his effectiveness and ability to fight/defend/attack massively. Who thought that was a good idea? Honestly it needs to go and go the same time as the other changes.

+- Pros and cons to the consequences of removing team damage in general. I've thought about it before, I hate having some noob accidentally shoot me in the back of the head "sorry :) " ya sorry you needlessly removed half my hp no probs bro. So I'm not sad to see the end of that along with not personally being held liable for when some clueless bob with no awareness drives right in front of my gun the exact moment I am clearly shooting a target, and of course it removes the ability of those that are just out fishing to TK a teammate but in general all those moments I mentioned are not very common.

The main reason I liked team damage was it added a bit of spice and consequence to reckless and bad shooting. Let me try to explain and paint a scenario. Ok so lets say there is and end game finale, 1 vs 2, a med vs a med and an SPG/TD. Both meds have clashed and are brawling, circling and shooting each other, close fight. From afar a TD/SPG is overseeing this scrap, the SPG/TD has a really slow reload so he has to weigh up very carefully his decision. If he shoots and hits his teammate, his teammate will lose the fight and with such a slow reload and limited fighting ability, that same TD/SPG will also most likely lose thus loses the entire battle with that one good or bad decision based on it working out or not. So far as the enemy med goes, as he fights the other med who has the SPG/TD support, he can use strategy to try and keep the enemy med between himself and the enemy TD/SPG since he knows it is very very risky for that enemy TD/SPG to take a shot so he it is not a hopeless fight and the result is certainly not decided. However, without team damage the TD and/or especially an SPG can just fire shots indiscriminately into the middle of that brawl and nothing much what the lone med can do about that. This is sad and dull. We will see. I'm not totally against removing team damage there are elements that definitely work to improve the game but also elements that don't. Pushing, blocking, driving up behind a concealed teammate and shooting to drawn shots on him, I'm not sure if this is more or less common problem. 

Simeon85 #20 Posted 10 July 2019 - 03:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

Have had far more games ruined by team damagers than I ever have by blockers/trollers. 

So overall its a positive, less games being ruined, less light tanks being shot because some ignorant TD base camping doesn't understand the state of the game and thinks you should 'spot noob', and them getting away with it because doing like 850 damage to a tier 8 light is just 'one shot'. 

Not really buying this 'dumbing  down' argument either, this isn't an FPS or similar with high ROF guns, people currently try not to shoot at allies as it is most of the time because they want to do their damage, there is no spray and pray. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users