Clan wars for normal players

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

dyablows #1 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49385 battles
  • [TERO] TERO

I'm just a regular player...my clan is a regular clan....we are not pro...

So how we can fight and defeat Clans with full setup of obj907 and t95/chieftains?...IT supposed to be fun....but when You have only techtree tierX is not fun anymore.. 

So how we normal players can achieve after days and days of trying...that place 8000? Those 8000 rewards are already taked by the pros....and we...normal regulars just trying match after match with no success to achive a reward tank...

I think clan wars is good intended...but You have to look at the winners...they are the same every event.

No fun for us the regular players...

You can Say that fights are equals...but You know is not true ... Is just a fest for pro's.

I'm not here to complain....but is imposibile to defeat cw reward Tanks 907/chieftains...with techtree... 

Let the pro's fight with pro's and normal players between them...

Is just not funny.

And when You think You can achieve Something ...they have alliances between pro Clans...=> No fun for us!

Whatever...cw is just for the Best....

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24042 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

The idea of what is a 'regular player' is subjective.

But being average is hardly a reason to merit a reward. 

dyablows #3 Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:56 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49385 battles
  • [TERO] TERO

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 10 July 2019 - 10:39 PM, said:

The idea of what is a 'regular player' is subjective.

But being average is hardly a reason to merit a reward. 

that doesnt explain how balance between 907/chieftains and s conq/430u can be called a balance....or atleast a fair game. But it's ok...i understand the point .. we must return to randoms...because we dont have reward cw Tanks...to fight other cw reward tanks. Thx for the replay.

_Honored #4 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:47 AM

Major

• Player
  • 24173 battles
  • [OM] OM
Get gud

TheDrownedApe #5 Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:17 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48407 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Post_Honored, on 11 July 2019 - 04:47 AM, said:

Get gud

This. It's a game about being better and winning, why should those not good enough get stuff?

plutonium87 #6 Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 56974 battles
  • [SWEEC] SWEEC
Imo regular tanks like WZ5A, S. Conq, Obj 140 etc still is very competitive with the reward tanks. I can somewhat agree with that some of the reward tanks are slightly OP but idk, a bad player will still perform bad no matter what tank he's playing. 

Edited by plutonium87, 13 July 2019 - 12:26 PM.

lotusblossom #7 Posted 14 July 2019 - 08:44 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 33503 battles
  • [BRT_6] BRT_6

I am also not an average player who commands an average clan. I see it this way. Yes the same people/clans tend to dominate the the leader-boards in competitive play, that is only right really. What competitive activity offers prizes/rewards for those not able to keep up with the best in the competition. 

My advice is if you don't like playing against the 'best' players then wait until wg brings a CW season out which includes T8, that tends not to attract the top clans to that area (not high enough awards) 

StinkyStonky #8 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:06 AM

Major

• Player
  • 32938 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I'd like to see ranked clan wars.

I don't mind the top clans/players getting bigger rewards, what I'd like to see is a lower standard event where the top clans/players are excluded (and forced to play each other, rather than seal club the lesser clans).

I personally don't believe the reward tanks make that much difference.  They might be slightly better, but the fact is their owners are often a lot better and it's that, that swings things, not the 907's side armour or the chieftain's speed or DPM.

Whenever the GM opens, the first few days are always a whitewash for us.  We end up in tournaments with 1500+ ELO clans on the Basic Front.  That's just dumb.  Clans like that should start on the Advanced Front and be excluded from Basic.

The land we "won" in the Fire Trail Campaign was taken from a 1400 ELO clan about a week into the campaign.  By that time they had 6+ lands on the Advanced front and didn't even bother to defend their land.  It just wasn't worth their effort.

Keyhand #9 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 65347 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostStinkyStonky, on 15 July 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

Say what? A campaign basically is Ranked CW, have you even looked at the rules?

MelanieValentina #10 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:16 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24966 battles
  • [S-GUN] S-GUN

View PostStinkyStonky, on 15 July 2019 - 11:06 AM, said:

I don't mind the top clans/players getting bigger rewards, what I'd like to see is a lower standard event where the top clans/players are excluded (and forced to play each other, rather than seal club the lesser clans).

I personally don't believe the reward tanks make that much difference.  They might be slightly better, but the fact is their owners are often a lot better and it's that, that swings things, not the 907's side armour or the chieftain's speed or DPM.

Whenever the GM opens, the first few days are always a whitewash for us.  We end up in tournaments with 1500+ ELO clans on the Basic Front.  That's just dumb.  Clans like that should start on the Advanced Front and be excluded from Basic.

The land we "won" in the Fire Trail Campaign was taken from a 1400 ELO clan about a week into the campaign.  By that time they had 6+ lands on the Advanced front and didn't even bother to defend their land.  It just wasn't worth their effort.

A possible solution would be to redesign the way that fame points are earned.

In the most ideal situation in a NORMAL CW season, you have low-value gold provs on one side, mid-value gold provs in the middle, and high-value gold provs on the other side. This mostly ensures that clans stay within their own league. No complicated coding to define custom leagues required.

In a CW-CAMPAIGN, you can do something similar. Instead of having a sophisticated formula that defines how much fp a clan and each person gets per battle, you can define how much FP a particular province gives. 

For example, you can say that a particular province gives 100 FP on a win, 30 FP on a draw, and 10 FP on a loss. So when you fight with your clan on such province and you win, your clan gets 100 clan fame points, and all players who played in the team each get 100 personal fame points. 

On the global map, you can have i.e. (1st number = win, 2nd = draw, 3rd = loss)

- Eastern Europe & Russia: provinces with 100 - 30 - 10 FPs

- Central Europe: provinces with 200 - 30 - 10 FPs

- Western Europe: 400 - 30 - 10 FPs  

- UK & Ireland: 800 - 30 - 10 FPs

Just a random example. Work the numbers out as u want. If you carefully choose which region consists of how many provinces, then you can give all types of clans the chance to earn tank. However, lower skilled clans will have to be alot more active and win more battles (against their own counterparts), which is fair. 

Creating concrete seperate leagues goes against the meaning of CW. If you want "leagues", this is the only way to do it.

Edited by MelanieValentina, 15 July 2019 - 11:22 AM.

Keyhand #11 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 65347 battles
  • [FAME] FAME
But this is already implemented with the different Fronts?

MelanieValentina #12 Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:29 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24966 battles
  • [S-GUN] S-GUN

View PostKeyhand, on 15 July 2019 - 11:26 AM, said:

But this is already implemented with the different Fronts?

The thing is that everybody has to start at the same place, which is kinda negating this. 

Before getting to advanced or Elite front, you have to play at basic front. That especially makes the first days a chaos. If you get to Advanced front and later fail, you're back at basic front again. 

Why not give better clans the option to start at the higher fame zone areas straight away instead? It would probably also decrease the amount of time they'll have to put in (less nuub clans to bash) and it allows other clans to fight their own counterparts. 

Edited by MelanieValentina, 15 July 2019 - 11:36 AM.

____Green____ #13 Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21983 battles

View Postdyablows, on 11 July 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

I'm just a regular player...my clan is a regular clan....we are not pro...

So how we can fight and defeat Clans with full setup of obj907 and t95/chieftains?...IT supposed to be fun....but when You have only techtree tierX is not fun anymore.. 

So how we normal players can achieve after days and days of trying...that place 8000? Those 8000 rewards are already taked by the pros....and we...normal regulars just trying match after match with no success to achive a reward tank...

I think clan wars is good intended...but You have to look at the winners...they are the same every event.

No fun for us the regular players...

You can Say that fights are equals...but You know is not true ... Is just a fest for pro's.

I'm not here to complain....but is imposibile to defeat cw reward Tanks 907/chieftains...with techtree... 

Let the pro's fight with pro's and normal players between them...

Is just not funny.

And when You think You can achieve Something ...they have alliances between pro Clans...=> No fun for us!

Whatever...cw is just for the Best....

Bro, its not about tanks, its all about communication, moblility, timings and firefocus. High PR individuals with OP tanks cant beat 10 out of 10 good, trained team with excellent communication and perfect firefocus even if they play some wz's, scq's and obj140. Dont copy strats from 2017 - watch streams of top clans, play lot of advances etc. 

If you have team like 15ppl - join other clan for campaign time - 2-3 teams can earn more pts to make bids on advanced fronts etc. There will be more players who can help when somebody is skipping match. 

StinkyStonky #14 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:02 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32938 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostKeyhand, on 15 July 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

Say what? A campaign basically is Ranked CW, have you even looked at the rules?

Sigh.  Obviously reading past the first sentence is hard for you.

I just had a look at your stats.

Randoms: 63% Win Rate

Clan Wars: 77% Win Rate.

So for you, the Global Map is basically seal clubbing.  No wonder you struggle to understand.

A true ranked system would see you, Fame and every other clan in the top 50-100, exclusively on the Elite Front.  That way the top 30% might achieve a WR of 55%, the middle 30 would be on 50% and the bottom 30 would be on 45%.

THAT, would be a ranked system.  NOT what we have now where my 900 ELO clan routinely came up against, and was knocked out by, 1300-1400 ELO clans.

It's obvious that your'e angry, fearful and hostile to such a suggestion (don't worry your pretty little head, WG don't take advice from me).  It's also obvious why.  You want the seal clubbing system preserved.

the_best_noobGR #15 Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 42474 battles
  • [GRHEL] GRHEL
we know if punters will be punished or they have entered the tournament and I got the points last two to three days

maroar #16 Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30098 battles
  • [TRTD] TRTD

View PostStinkyStonky, on 15 July 2019 - 03:02 PM, said:

So for you, the Global Map is basically seal clubbing.  No wonder you struggle to understand.

A true ranked system would see you, Fame and every other clan in the top 50-100, exclusively on the Elite Front.  That way the top 30% might achieve a WR of 55%, the middle 30 would be on 50% and the bottom 30 would be on 45%.

THAT, would be a ranked system.  NOT what we have now where my 900 ELO clan routinely came up against, and was knocked out by, 1300-1400 ELO clans.

It's obvious that your'e angry, fearful and hostile to such a suggestion (don't worry your pretty little head, WG don't take advice from me).  It's also obvious why.  You want the seal clubbing system preserved.

If they were to implement this, your clan will never get a high reward then? Or how do you suppose you divide the rewards? And what do you do with the clan that has just enough elo to be on the elite front and gets smacked there every time? Do you drop them down and make them top dog on the lower elo?

Benistown_GagsoisbisteDD #17 Posted 15 July 2019 - 05:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16781 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

You do realize after the first day there isnt any top clans in basic zone, its just bobs fighting bots after that since no sane person would stay in basic front if they can compete in advance and elite front.

Also top clans generally fight top clans so what wr he has in global map is against similiar players, not some bob 'n bots clans that roam freely in basic front

dyablows #18 Posted 16 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 49385 battles
  • [TERO] TERO

It's a pointless discussion...i am sorry because i have open this thread.

I can put another example of a situation :

Full speed ebr 105 down 7 hits instant? No sir...i know to aim but this is unreal....You can be superunicum....no way 7 people can instant karma You....but this is another story about mods and there are already discussions...

I just wanna Say that its pointless to achieve a clan wars event in average medium clan because of first Clans who  have more than 100 players in top...

The first rule that should be :

- When CW start no modification in a clan should be allowed ( income players in the event )

Keyhand #19 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 65347 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostMelanieValentina, on 15 July 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

The thing is that everybody has to start at the same place, which is kinda negating this. 

Before getting to advanced or Elite front, you have to play at basic front. That especially makes the first days a chaos. If you get to Advanced front and later fail, you're back at basic front again. 

Why not give better clans the option to start at the higher fame zone areas straight away instead? It would probably also decrease the amount of time they'll have to put in (less nuub clans to bash) and it allows other clans to fight their own counterparts. 

Yes, the fame players who actually played this campaign played basic Front.

For one day.

The clan they played in (TRVST) did not fight a single standard front battle after day one thus invalidating your point

peregrine #20 Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 61117 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Sigh.  Obviously reading [...] is hard for you.

[...] my 900 ELO clan routinely came up against, and was knocked out by, 1300-1400 ELO clans.

What stops you from being a 1400 ELO clan?

It's obvious that your'e angry, fearful and hostile to such a suggestion (don't worry your pretty little head, WG don't take advice from me).  It's also obvious why.  You want the seal petting system preserved.

Edited by peregrine, 16 July 2019 - 05:31 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users