x3 Bonuses

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Spurtung #1 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

All fine and dandy to have an extra feature for premium accounts but...if the tank you use them on is elite, that extra XP will go to the tank instead of the crew, regardless of having "Accelerate Crew Training" toggled on, and can only be retrieved if you convert it using gold.

"Well, just use it on tanks that aren't elite then, should be too hard, duh!" some of you might say.

Thing is, once you unlock every single tank on this game, that's no longer a choice. That's my case.

Just so you can have an idea (and this considering the bonuses I've used on the Swedish med line recently), I can currently convert 614,725 XP, all of which from these bonuses, since they were released. That's how much XP is being wasted for nothing.

Spending gold on top of an extra add-on to my premium account? No thanks, WG, that's a bit ridiculous.

(I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, I'm just recently back from a quite long forum ban)

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:30 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 12443 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL
Seriously? Three threads to complain you have all tanks? Just start a new account ffs...

OmniWalou #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 05:32 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 452 battles

Yes this has been discussed and it has been since the introduction the case that the exp only goes for the tank. They have planned changes for the system though, so wait for that information. Could be that it will be able to be applied to the crew, but only after the latest battle. I highly doubt they will implement it so that we can just go back and use the x3 for an old battle while also putting a different crew in to receive the bonus.

In order to not make threads about everything new that happened while you were gone, have you considered using the forum search function and read around a bit...

Spurtung #4 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 11 July 2019 - 04:30 AM, said:

Seriously? Three threads to complain you have all tanks? Just start a new account ffs...

Not really about that if you bother to read them. But then again, it's easy to ignore there's any issue whatsoever when you're far from being affected.
06:03 Added after 4 minutes

View PostOmniWalou, on 11 July 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

I highly doubt they will implement it so that we can just go back and use the x3 for an old battle while also putting a different crew in to receive the bonus.

Where did I even mention something like that? :amazed:

I obviously meant that, when you apply the bonus after the battle, the crew that was there gets that extra. The only issue is about that XP going to a tank when the accelerated training box is checked, not which crew should get it.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:15 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33045 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 06:59 AM, said:

Not really about that if you bother to read them. But then again, it's easy to ignore there's any issue whatsoever when you're far from being affected.

His point still stands, how about you you collate your grievances into one big rant thread in instead of plastering the forum with half a dozen 'Woe is me!' topics?

Spurtung #6 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:24 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 11 July 2019 - 06:15 AM, said:

His point still stands, how about you you collate your grievances into one big rant thread in instead of plastering the forum with half a dozen 'Woe is me!' topics?

Which point, exactly? That three different subjects are in three different threads and because they were started by the same person that's somehow a problem?

If it's a problem for you personally, you can always refrain from reading or replying, and if you think it's against the rules in any way, feel free to report or contact the staff, I really don't care with how any of this affects you, nor will I pretend to. So, do whatever the [edited]you feel like, it's not like I'm your mother.

Slyspy #7 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:27 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14627 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
The system is designed to help with the grind and the xp doesn't go to the crew for technical reasons apparently. No grind? No benefit. Nevermind. 

Jauhesammutin #8 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

I obviously meant that, when you apply the bonus after the battle, the crew that was there gets that extra. The only issue is about that XP going to a tank when the accelerated training box is checked, not which crew should get it.

Yeah, and that doesn't work in the current system.

To quote OmniWalou "They have planned changes for the system though, so wait for that information.".

Spurtung #9 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostSlyspy, on 11 July 2019 - 06:27 AM, said:

The system is designed to help with the grind and the xp doesn't go to the crew for technical reasons apparently. No grind? No benefit. Nevermind. 

I understand that that was the main objective for the system to be implemented, still, one could use it to train crews in premium tanks. It's not like I care a lot about it, only that it's one of those premium account "extras" that is potentially useless and would be interesting to use it for either thing.

Gruff_ #10 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19297 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
What i'm not a fan off is the 250 bonds rewarded for the final mission, where as a f2p player might get the odd 1or 2 from medals in a battle, this will further increase the allready big gap in advantage of allowing ppl with prem to load up on the enhanced equipment, along with their enhanced crew xp, reduced stock grinds, credit horde for perm ammo etc etc.

Spurtung #11 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostGruff_, on 11 July 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

What i'm not a fan off is the 250 bonds rewarded for the final mission, where as a f2p player might get the odd 1or 2 from medals in a battle, this will further increase the allready big gap in advantage of allowing ppl with prem to load up on the enhanced equipment, along with their enhanced crew xp, reduced stock grinds, credit horde for perm ammo etc etc.

First off, it's 25, not 250. That's 1k extra bonds every 40 days.

Having said that, those daily missions are not what's being discussed here, we're talking about the x3 bonus that can be manually applied post-battle, 5 times a day.

Balc0ra #12 Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:46 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70945 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

All fine and dandy to have an extra feature for premium accounts but...if the tank you use them on is elite, that extra XP will go to the tank instead of the crew, regardless of having "Accelerate Crew Training" toggled on, and can only be retrieved if you convert it using gold.

The reason for that was explained by WG as it's calculated after the battle is over in the garage. Not calculated on top of all the other bonuses that goes to crew prior to getting to the garage. So you can't move a new crew in and give it to them etc. Thus the crew doesn't get it.

Bordhaw #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14128 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 01:26 AM, said:

"Well, just use it on tanks that aren't elite then, should be too hard, duh!" some of you might say.

Thing is, once you unlock every single tank on this game, that's no longer a choice. That's my case.

Just so you can have an idea (and this considering the bonuses I've used on the Swedish med line recently), I can currently convert 614,725 XP, all of which from these bonuses, since they were released. That's how much XP is being wasted for nothing.

Spending gold on top of an extra add-on to my premium account? No thanks, WG, that's a bit ridiculous.

(I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, I'm just recently back from a quite long forum ban)

Block Quote

I really like the changes made to the WOT Premium Account. However, the fact that the x3 modifier experience increase goes to the vehicle instead of towards crew training is very frustrating, especially when its an Elite Vehicle / Tier X vehicle, and you are trying to grind up the crew skills with the 'accelerate crew’s training' option.

I understand that you don't want players swapping out crews, then applying the x3 bonus, but can't you just give us a second checkbox for 'Premium Account: Accelerate your crew’s training with x3 exp bonus?', and if the checkbox is set, the XP gets applied to the crew training automatically at the end of the winning match?

level 2
WGTeam

The core issue is that this bonus might be applied way after the actual battle happened and a player might manipulate a crew meanwhile like move it, disband, etc. As we have failed to find a good answer initially, we made the bonus ineffective towards crew training. We believe we have a good solution now and we are currently working on the fix. It will go live shortly.

Spurtung #14 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBordhaw, on 11 July 2019 - 05:28 PM, said:

Block Quote

I really like the changes made to the WOT Premium Account. However, the fact that the x3 modifier experience increase goes to the vehicle instead of towards crew training is very frustrating, especially when its an Elite Vehicle / Tier X vehicle, and you are trying to grind up the crew skills with the 'accelerate crew’s training' option.

I understand that you don't want players swapping out crews, then applying the x3 bonus, but can't you just give us a second checkbox for 'Premium Account: Accelerate your crew’s training with x3 exp bonus?', and if the checkbox is set, the XP gets applied to the crew training automatically at the end of the winning match?

level 2
WGTeam

The core issue is that this bonus might be applied way after the actual battle happened and a player might manipulate a crew meanwhile like move it, disband, etc. As we have failed to find a good answer initially, we made the bonus ineffective towards crew training. We believe we have a good solution now and we are currently working on the fix. It will go live shortly.

In all honesty, I haven't even considered the whole "swap crew to get bonus on it" when posting about this, but...what would be the big deal about that, really?

I mean, the crew in the tank will get the XP from the battle, period.

But that extra one? What about if someone does swap the crew to then apply that bonus? Isn't still that person's bonus? Won't they still be picking which 5 battles of the day (only the last of each tank being available) to apply it on? I mean, what's the big difference?

- put it on the tank

- put it on the crew that played that battle

- put in a completely different crew

Same thing, it's still that person's XP and they should get to choose what to do with it instead of a lazy "too hard to figure out, goes to the tank and convert it with gold if you want to" attitude we're getting.

Homer_J #15 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 02:26 AM, said:

Apology accepted.

It has been discussed, we were told it is by design.  There was something in the recent Q&A saying it would be addressed.

Bordhaw #16 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14128 battles

In patch 1.6:

Block Quote

WoT Premium Account

• Reworked the logic of adding the manageable XP bonus within WoT Premium Account. Now the extra XP will be sent to the crew according to the same rules that are applied to the Combat experience:  
    • If the Accelerated crew training is disabled (or is not available) before the beginning of a battle, a share of experience will go to the crew, the rest will go to the vehicle.
    • If the Accelerated crew training is enabled, all experience will be distributed between the crew members.
  • Changed the conditions, upon which the bonus can be used (all below conditions should be met):
    • The most recent victory in the selected vehicle.
    • The vehicle is in the Garage (not sold, the rental has not expired, etc.)
    • The crew that won the battle is in the vehicle.
    • The current state of the Accelerated crew training option is the same as it was before the beginning of the battle.

Homer_J #17 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:12 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31689 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 11 July 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

In patch 1.6:

Can't wait for the complaints about where did my bonus exp go.

For instance I was using it to bank exp on elite tanks while still getting the x2 for training.  If I didn't see the news I would think I was being ripped off.

Spurtung #18 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
By the sound of it it was less of a technical issue and more of an oversight when implementing a new feature.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users