Christmas discounts

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Spurtung #1 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:37 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Yes, I know this comes a bit off-season, I just couldn't post it before because of reasons.

So, reaching level X of festive atmosphere grants you discounts on tanks, right? Wrong. If you happen to have all tier 8, 8 and 10 in your garage as I did then, you'll be able to choose exactly nothing.

Mind you, one could choose discounts until the day BEFORE a new line (French wheelies) was added to the game, but WG doesn't care and WG Europe's hands are royally tied. Let's say the player support exists for legal reasons and that's that, they can't really do anything. Believe me, I've tried multiple suggestions back then, to no avail.

For example:

- the change of date to pick tanks to at least give enough time for the new line to be introduced. Nope. Minsk picks dates, WG Europe nods. All good, worth trying. What about...

- staff manually picking the tier 8, 9 and 10 of the wheelies so I could access the discounts I was due. Naaa, that's too techy, and again Minsk rules on that, so suck it. Hmmm...what if...

- simply credit my account with the credits I would save when buying those three tanks? You know, the 30% off I'm due? At least I would be de facto purchasing the tanks with a discount albeit in a reversed way. Still nothing.

Seems like I didn't actually have the right for the discount but only to choose a discount. If there was nothing to pick, all was well.

Bonus: I got a pat on the back for having all those tanks already. That surely made my day. Yay!

Jauhesammutin #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:49 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 01:37 AM, said:

Yes, I know this comes a bit off-season, I just couldn't post it before because of reasons.

So, reaching level X of festive atmosphere grants you discounts on tanks, right? Wrong. If you happen to have all tier 8, 8 and 10 in your garage as I did then, you'll be able to choose exactly nothing.

Mind you, one could choose discounts until the day BEFORE a new line (French wheelies) was added to the game, but WG doesn't care and WG Europe's hands are royally tied. Let's say the player support exists for legal reasons and that's that, they can't really do anything. Believe me, I've tried multiple suggestions back then, to no avail.

For example:

- the change of date to pick tanks to at least give enough time for the new line to be introduced. Nope. Minsk picks dates, WG Europe nods. All good, worth trying. What about...

- staff manually picking the tier 8, 9 and 10 of the wheelies so I could access the discounts I was due. Naaa, that's too techy, and again Minsk rules on that, so suck it. Hmmm...what if...

- simply credit my account with the credits I would save when buying those three tanks? You know, the 30% off I'm due? At least I would be de facto purchasing the tanks with a discount albeit in a reversed way. Still nothing.

Seems like I didn't actually have the right for the discount but only to choose a discount. If there was nothing to pick, all was well.

Bonus: I got a pat on the back for having all those tanks already. That surely made my day. Yay!

I dont' see anything wrong in that. WG wants to make money by players grinding and using free XP on tech trees. WG wants to make players play longer by making the grinds longer. In the end it's free stuff WG gives away.

Spurtung #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostJauhesammutin, on 11 July 2019 - 06:49 AM, said:

I dont' see anything wrong in that. WG wants to make money by players grinding and using free XP on tech trees. WG wants to make players play longer by making the grinds longer. In the end it's free stuff WG gives away.

The grind has nothing to do with it, though, discounts were applied to the purchase price, not the XP needed.

Jauhesammutin #4 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:22 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

The grind has nothing to do with it, though, discounts were applied to the purchase price, not the XP needed.

Yeah, I meant credit grinds. Huge credit sinks leads to buying premium time or premium tanks

But then again, if you have no tanks to buy you should be sitting on a pile of credits. Look at Sir Foch for example with his 350 million credits.

Spurtung #5 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostJauhesammutin, on 11 July 2019 - 07:22 AM, said:

Yeah, I meant credit grinds. Huge credit sinks leads to buying premium time or premium tanks

But then again, if you have no tanks to buy you should be sitting on a pile of credits. Look at Sir Foch for example with his 350 million credits.

I've 84mil currently. Even the black market was disappointing, I basically forced myself to get the Hydrostat and the T34B just to say I got something, as I wouldn't waste gold there and I already had all the retired tier 10s.

Mind you, my issue is not about the credits, I've got the vehicles anyway, and without any price reduction. It's not even personal, but more a matter of principle.

If you check the article for it, you'll read

50% discount on a Tier VIII vehicle (in credits)

40% discount on a Tier IX vehicle (in credits)

30% discount on a Tier X vehicle (in credits)

and that's technically not true.

It's just sloppy that they didn't even consider the possibility, or avoided any issue by simply postponing the date to pick the tanks by one day.

If you think about it, people logging to the game until next November can still claim their T-50-2. A whole year vs. a single day.

Edited by Spurtung, 11 July 2019 - 08:36 AM.

Jauhesammutin #6 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

I've 84mil currently. Even the black market was disappointing, I basically forced myself to get the Hydrostat and the T34B just to say I got something, as I wouldn't waste gold there and I already had all the retired tier 10s.

Mind you, my issue is not about the credits, I've got the vehicles anyway, and without any price reduction. It's not even personal, but more a matter of principle.

If you check the article for it, you'll read

50% discount on a Tier VIII vehicle (in credits)

40% discount on a Tier IX vehicle (in credits)

30% discount on a Tier X vehicle (in credits)

and that's technically not true.

It's just sloppy that they didn't even consider the possibility, or avoided any issue by simply postponing the date to pick the tanks by one day.

If you think about it, people logging to the game until next November can still claim their T-50-2. A whole year vs. a single day.

But those new tanks weren't in the game when the event was running so the discount applied to the current vehicles. 

I understand what you are meaning but I don't see any reason why WG would do that. The numbers of players who have all the tanks is minimal and they don't need the credit discounts anyways.

For example if I'm missing a car sale for a 1 day should I still get the car for -10% off because it's only 1 day? Or could I go and say that hold the -10% for me for 5 years until I save enough money for the car.

Spurtung #7 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostJauhesammutin, on 11 July 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

But those new tanks weren't in the game when the event was running so the discount applied to the current vehicles. 

I understand what you are meaning but I don't see any reason why WG would do that. The numbers of players who have all the tanks is minimal and they don't need the credit discounts anyways.

For example if I'm missing a car sale for a 1 day should I still get the car for -10% off because it's only 1 day? Or could I go and say that hold the -10% for me for 5 years until I save enough money for the car.

But they're the ones deciding the date they'll launch the new tanks and also deciding the date up until when you can pick the tanks for discounts. Nobody is asking them to hold anything indefinitely, only to allow the possibility that anyone, not just players with all tanks researched at the moment, to pick the tanks about to be added. Would you not like to have that possibility yourself? To be able to have the wheeled vehicles added to the game and the next day still choose to have the tiers 6 to 10 with discount? 

The fact that tanks were in the game during the event is quite irrelevant. For example, the female crew members that could only be obtained during the event don't have a time limit to be recruited and can be recruited into tanks that haven't even been added to the game yet.

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38475 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
So you own all the tanks, you have 84 million spare and you are complaining you can't get a discount?  Run out of things to complain about?

Jauhesammutin #9 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

But they're the ones deciding the date they'll launch the new tanks and also deciding the date up until when you can pick the tanks for discounts. Nobody is asking them to hold anything indefinitely, only to allow the possibility that anyone, not just players with all tanks researched at the moment, to pick the tanks about to be added. Would you not like to have that possibility yourself? To be able to have the wheeled vehicles added to the game and the next day still choose to have the tiers 6 to 10 with discount? 

The fact that tanks were in the game during the event is quite irrelevant. For example, the female crew members that could only be obtained during the event don't have a time limit to be recruited and can be recruited into tanks that haven't even been added to the game yet.

They have obviously thought about the release of the WV so that you can't apply the Xmas bonuses to those tanks so that players would spend more credits.

I would like to have possibility. I would like to have a lot of other possibilities like transforming T2-8 discounts into T9/10 discounts and so on. I just don't see any reason why WG would need to do that apart from me wanting it.

The time limit for the discount could have been much smaller, for example 24h. But it was longer so that players could decide to which tank to choose.

I think the female crew members don't have a time limit because you can't train them into a tank you haven't researched. 

Spurtung #10 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71894 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 11 July 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

So you own all the tanks, you have 84 million spare and you are complaining you can't get a discount?  Run out of things to complain about?

I've got a whole year buckled up, I'll find more things, worry not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users