Allow players to choose do they want to play in battles with team damage or not

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

seXikanac #1 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13289 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-
Allow players to choose do they want to play in battles with team damage or not. Make it optional with a switch just like Grand Battles or Assault mode. I personally don't have issue if I got hit by team mate as that's part of whats force us all to play better. If team damage is turned off, nobody will bother to aim as there will be no risk to damage team mate when shooting at the enemy if they in close combat. For me, game is already too arcade, please give us option to evade that. Thanks!

Edited by seXikanac, 11 July 2019 - 07:42 AM.

OllieCromwell #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:36 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44770 battles
  • [GENB] GENB

Why ? ....

Going by last nights video that was posted on the subject, team damage will basically still work exactly the way it did, with one exception, the  'receiving' end of the team-damage doesn't actually suffer the negative consequences of it ... (aka loose hitpoints).

Other than that nothing seems to change. (or at least that's the impression I got from that video) and personally I think that's a good thing as the game doesn't need any further 'dumbing' down ... 

HassenderZerhacker #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:38 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29959 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostOllieCromwell, on 11 July 2019 - 07:36 AM, said:

Why ? ....

Going by last nights video that was posted on the subject, team damage will basically still work exactly the way it did, with one exception, the  'receiving' end of the team-damage doesn't actually suffer the negative consequences of it ... (aka loose hitpoints).

Other than that nothing seems to change. (or at least that's the impression I got from that video) and personally I think that's a good thing as the game doesn't need any further 'dumbing' down ... 

"dumbing down" is indeed the operative concept here.

I watched the video as well, and now people will potentially get punished even if they didn't damage teammates.

Solstad1069 #4 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:18 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 43239 battles

Is it really hard not to hit friends?

Spurtung #5 Posted 11 July 2019 - 08:20 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71951 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 11 July 2019 - 06:38 AM, said:

I watched the video as well, and now people will potentially get punished even if they didn't damage teammates.

It won't happen by magic, though, will it? If they are repeatedly shooting allies, they'll go blue and eventually earn themselves a ban, just like they are now.

In time, they'll give up shooting allies on purpose altogether, as the only measurable thing they're getting from their raging is the bill for the wasted ammo.

Although not mentioned in the video (they only specify ramming), pushing allies into deep water, keeping allies underwater or pushing them down cliffs should not only directly cause damage/destruction (that should be compensated for), but also count towards the possible ban.

We'll see how it gets implemented.

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:22 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29959 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostSpurtung, on 11 July 2019 - 08:20 AM, said:

It won't happen by magic, though, will it? If they are repeatedly shooting allies, they'll go blue and eventually earn themselves a ban, just like they are now.

In time, they'll give up shooting allies on purpose altogether, as the only measurable thing they're getting from their raging is the bill for the wasted ammo.

Although not mentioned in the video (they only specify ramming), pushing allies into deep water, keeping allies underwater or pushing them down cliffs should not only directly cause damage/destruction (that should be compensated for), but also count towards the possible ban.

We'll see how it gets implemented.

there are thousands of soldiers shooting blanks and powder grenades every day at their comrades and nobody goes to jail for that ;-)

Kartoshkaya #7 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:25 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26085 battles

View PostseXikanac, on 11 July 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

Allow players to choose do they want to play in battles with team damage or not. Make it optional with a switch just like Grand Battles or Assault mode. I personally don't have issue if I got hit by team mate as that's part of whats force us all to play better. If team damage is turned off, nobody will bother to aim as there will be no risk to damage team mate when shooting at the enemy if they in close combat. For me, game is already too arcade, please give us option to evade that. Thanks!

That would create one queue for team damage and one without ? This sounds like a really bad idea sir.

Spurtung #8 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 71951 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 11 July 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

there are thousands of soldiers shooting blanks and powder grenades every day at their comrades and nobody goes to jail for that ;-)

I suppose the next best thing is using real ammunition and real explosives when training soldiers. That's some power move you've got there, let me tell you.

Balc0ra #9 Posted 11 July 2019 - 09:49 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70974 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 11 July 2019 - 07:38 AM, said:

Well helping a flipped tank and doing crush damage is one thing. As the system can't separate deliberate and accidental. They still count for a small % of blue I suspect. 

The issue I have with the new dumbed down system... is that arty stun remains. And I'm willing to bet. There won't be a system for friendly stuns to turn blue. And I can't wait for all the arty that want's to help in my 1 vs 1 and give me a longer reload on top of it. So tbh... I'm not disagreeing with OP.

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 11 July 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

Having worked as a field medic, and as at the sickbay. You would be surprised. As if you are close enough, shots like that will still do damage. And I did see one that was shot deliberately in the foot at point black range to end an argument that blew open his boot and did sent splinters into the skin. It did not go unnoticed.

Leroy_Jenkinss #10 Posted 11 July 2019 - 10:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12390 battles

Dude i dont know why you are worryed about disabled Team Dmg and not about your average two shoots worth of dmg in your super pershing.

Go to newcommer forum section there are usefull things for people like you.

WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:05 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18873 battles
  • [DTPT] DTPT

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 11 July 2019 - 08:22 AM, said:

Some pranksters in the US Army thought it was a good idea to load blanks into their rifle and shot some on another fella.

It was all fun until his lung collapsed and he died. So as you can see, not even splinters, like Balcora said, are required to put someone down without live ammo.

View PostSolstad1069, on 11 July 2019 - 07:18 AM, said:

^This

onderschepper #12 Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2113 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

The addition of a Hardcore Mode would be a good idea.

It has been successful in many other games, with adequate penalties enforced by an automatic system for those who TK, namely Ricochet of Damage.

One such game made $550 Million in 72 hours, while WoT made $550 Million for the whole of that year, 2015.

LIL_Veky #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10348 battles
  • [DEATS] DEATS

View PostSolstad1069, on 11 July 2019 - 08:18 AM, said:

Bordhaw #14 Posted 11 July 2019 - 06:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14134 battles

View PostseXikanac, on 11 July 2019 - 06:20 AM, said:

I personally don't have issue if I got hit by team mate as that's part of whats force us all to play better. 

With your win rate Im guessing you hit more of your own team than the enemy?

Homer_J #15 Posted 11 July 2019 - 07:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
They could allow people to turn off their own team damage, similar to the safeshot mod.  That would fix most of the "problems" WG claim exist.

monthey_ #16 Posted 12 July 2019 - 12:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40001 battles
  • [MAROC] MAROC
About time teamdamage got overhauled. Too many times I see teammates shoot eachother when bumping or blocking the road and it just ruins the whole team in the process. I will miss enemies TKing eachother though lol.

Edited by monthey_, 12 July 2019 - 12:50 PM.

seXikanac #17 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:30 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 13289 battles
  • [-YU-] -YU-

View PostLeroy_Jenkinss, on 11 July 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

Dude i dont know why you are worryed about disabled Team Dmg and not about your average two shoots worth of dmg in your super pershing.

Go to newcommer forum section there are usefull things for people like you.

I sold SP in like 2004. :D And if you dare to platoon with me, you will see that Im better player than you :D

View PostBordhaw, on 11 July 2019 - 06:54 PM, said:

With your win rate Im guessing you hit more of your own team than the enemy?

If you dare to platoon with me, you will see that Im better player than you :D

Flicka #18 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23004 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

View PostseXikanac, on 12 July 2019 - 02:30 PM, said:

I sold SP in like 2004. :D And if you dare to platoon with me, you will see that Im better player than you :D

No, you are not. Hence making your signature sentence a complete lie.

On the safeshot matter, the mod only makes you unable to shoot if directly targeting an friendly vehicle with the middle of your aim, you can still hit them.

This just needs to happen for toxicity, it will do almost nothing to change gameplay. If you hit an friendly you wont hit the enemy, that is it, but atleast your "friend" wont have less hp and can help more in the battle.

Next step, removal of XVM stats, and then we will only have the pure scum of the earth having toxic problems in the game.

Simeon85 #19 Posted 12 July 2019 - 03:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

If you want to play with team damage IMO that means you want the option to be able to shoot teammates, and that is exactly why you shouldn't have the option in the first place.

People want to be their own judge, jury and executioner thinking they have a right to police the game if someone does something they don't like, but the vast majority of the time someone who gets team damaged is completely innocent and its the firer at fault more often than not. 

PowJay #20 Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:06 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 38949 battles

View PostseXikanac, on 12 July 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

You're a pretty decent troll, and that's about it. :facepalm:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users