Cobra6 #1 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

According to this quote:

Block Quote

Spoiler

Why are we now going to be putting T8 CW reward tanks in the bonds shop? It's a reward for playing a competitive mode.

Yes, most of them are rather garbage at the moment and in dire need of buffing (Chieftain/T95, KV4 KRes / IS-5 etc.) but still, why make them available outside the competitive modes?

There should really be no difference whether a tank is a T8 CW vehicle or a T10 CW vehicle, it's a clanwars reward.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 11 July 2019 - 11:38 AM.

Simeon85 #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:42 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

Yeh noticed that, the only possible defence might be that the person responding to the question is answering more generally and not specifically to those tanks raised by the question asker.

But then what other reward tanks are there really aside PM ones and the T95E2? And again none of those should be available through other means IMO. 

But also all those tanks need buffing badly, they are all pretty terrible, especially the Chieftain/T95

hedi2222 #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:43 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 32952 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Nothing is too exclusive in this game.

Xandania #4 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40523 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

From my point of view all tanks that could be earned should be earnable by everyone. That being said, since CW-tanks required a certain amount of activity to get, I'd just set them up at a price that is higher than that (in bond/time equivalency).

Also, I'd give them a different base colour or the like to differentiate them.

That way bragging rights would stay and everyone could get access by investing roughly the same amount of time.

fwhaatpiraat #5 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55666 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Xandania #6 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40523 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View Postfwhaatpiraat, on 11 July 2019 - 10:46 AM, said:

You shouldn't karate-chop buttons (unless you are a certain muppet diva with a snout and a green love interest) ^^

r00barb #7 Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26740 battles

View PostXandania, on 11 July 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

From my point of view all tanks that could be earned should be earnable by everyone.

They are - you need to play clan wars to earn them.

I see nothing wrong with restricting access through an activity gate. If someone doesn't want to play clan wars then they shouldn't get the option to grab a clan wars reward tank. There's a clue in the name.

I don't have any of the reward tanks, I'd quite like an Object 907. To achieve that, I've picked up my tier 9 grinds to get a couple of tier 10s that I can play reasonably well with a view to joining a clan for the next campaign. I don't know if I'll succeed but I'm not going to find out by collecting bonds from other game modes. If you want something, you should put in the work to get it.

Xandania #8 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 40523 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View Postr00barb, on 11 July 2019 - 10:57 AM, said:

They are - you need to play clan wars to earn them.

I see nothing wrong with restricting access through an activity gate. If someone doesn't want to play clan wars then they shouldn't get the option to grab a clan wars reward tank. There's a clue in the name.

I don't have any of the reward tanks, I'd quite like an Object 907. To achieve that, I've picked up my tier 9 grinds to get a couple of tier 10s that I can play reasonably well with a view to joining a clan for the next campaign. I don't know if I'll succeed but I'm not going to find out by collecting bonds from other game modes. If you want something, you should put in the work to get it.

If there were an option to join clanwars as a sort of "band of mercenaries" - sort of a random team for clan battles, I'd agree with you. So currently you need an active clan with enough members who qualify and are willing to join CW.

That is quite a hurdle, especially for those not able to play in these time windows - therefore an option to get the tanks another way would be fair ONLY IF it is more expensive in terms of time spent - therefore a bond price around 30k or so for CW-tanks might be a point to start negotiations about the price ^^

r00barb #9 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26740 battles

View PostXandania, on 11 July 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

If there were an option to join clanwars as a sort of "band of mercenaries" - sort of a random team for clan battles, I'd agree with you.

From the latest Q&A ...

Source

What are your plans for expanding the clan functionality?

We will continue to develop vassalage, increase the value of ownership of territories, make it useful and beneficial for clans to involve non-clan players in clan activities.

That could be read as "soon™" but at least it shows an awareness of the issue. 

I understand your point about joining a clan with enough members, etc. but that's part of the process. If you make the time to join a clan, play training sessions, be available for battles and so on, you should be rewarded for it. Some people won't be able to make that sort of commitment but why should the players who can see those non-clan players getting the same rewards?

Some things aren't available to everyone and people need to accept that.

Balc0ra #10 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70974 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

He did not say CW tanks specifically. I just interpreted it as rare tanks in general. Tbh I kinda expect what we did see in the Black Market to appear there.

If CW tanks appear. I will be rather surprised if it's tier X's vs some of the old tier 8's like the KV-4 Kreslavskiy. As if the 907 appears there. Then why play CW at all? Just play ranked or FL to farm bonds. I don't have anyone of them. But I suspect those that do would want them to remain as such.... rare or limited to CW.

Then again we don't know the price on anything yet. Could be that if CW tanks appear they will be rather pricey for their tier. Even vs the 183 or 155 etc.  If so then we won't see more KV-4 Kreslavskiy then we already have. As I did see one the day it was rewarded. Not seen a single one since. So 20K could be enough. Or 50K could not even be nearly enough. As I'm willing to bet that the rare factor will decide the price more so then tier.

Edited by Balc0ra, 11 July 2019 - 12:23 PM.

xx984 #11 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:28 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 61861 battles
  • [MVPS] MVPS

pretty sure you could by them for gold no? Remember seeing something like that for IS-5

but then again correct me if i am wrong, i was not playing CW then.

11:31 Added after 3 minutes

View PostXandania, on 11 July 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

If there were an option to join clanwars as a sort of "band of mercenaries" - sort of a random team for clan battles, I'd agree with you. So currently you need an active clan with enough members who qualify and are willing to join CW.

That is quite a hurdle, especially for those not able to play in these time windows - therefore an option to get the tanks another way would be fair ONLY IF it is more expensive in terms of time spent - therefore a bond price around 30k or so for CW-tanks might be a point to start negotiations about the price ^^

Just no... they are available to every one, Just not everyone is good enough, which is the individuals fault, not WG. If people want a CW tank, then they need to put in the effort, join a clan and play CW, nothing is stopping them from doing that. Even RL is not an excuse. it does not take much effort at all anymore in these campaigns to have the ability to pick  a tank, you only have to no life if you want every reward from the CW shop

Cant just change how crapworks because you dont like the outcome 

Edited by xx984, 11 July 2019 - 12:34 PM.

Miepie #12 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3549 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

I don't have any CW reward vehicles, so have no personal feelings in this matter. And with my lack of bonds, I won't be prancing around in front of you guys in one of these tanks either when they will be sold. But it depends a lot on whether you view them as a reward inseparably connected to the thing where you won them (e.g. the embroidered golden miniskirt you get for winning Roland-Garros or the diamond hypodermic syringe you get when you win the Tour de France) or as a prize, which is nice to get but can also be obtained in other ways (e.g. the fat stacks of cash you get for winning the World Twerking Championships, or the Progetto you got for completing the Progetto marathon).

I'm guessing a lot of players view these CW tanks as rewards, but WG sees them more as prizes?

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:35 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 28995 battles
  • [POOLS] POOLS
Obj 279 effectively made all clan war tanks redundant immediately so they're old trash tanks now at this stage and doesn't really matter, questionable if you'd want to waste bonds on them.(half-joking) but surely its only a matter of time before some clans can field a clan battle with nothing but Obj 279 and what ya gonna do about? NOTHING ya gonna bounce hit tracks and lose that's what. Well, I don't play clan wars or care about such things but ya that's going to be the most fun ever if you're into that and don't have a such tanks in a clan event. 

Miepie #14 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3549 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostTungstenHitman, on 11 July 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

surely its only a matter of time before some clans can field a clan battle with nothing but Obj 279 and what ya gonna do about?

Play fourteen Arties and one EBR? :arta:

WindSplitter1 #15 Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18873 battles
  • [DTPT] DTPT

View Postr00barb, on 11 July 2019 - 11:17 AM, said:

From the latest Q&A ...

That could be read as "soon™" but at least it shows an awareness of the issue. 

I understand your point about joining a clan with enough members, etc. but that's part of the process. If you make the time to join a clan, play training sessions, be available for battles and so on, you should be rewarded for it. Some people won't be able to make that sort of commitment but why should the players who can see those non-clan players getting the same rewards?

Some things aren't available to everyone and people need to accept that.

That Q&A was translated, prolly by GT.

The Russian word for "map" (KAPTA) often gets translated incorrectly as "card". I figured I was having a hard time making sense of it.

Is there an "European" digest?

soul3ater #16 Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19947 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

It was a nightmare to get my 907 last campaign, lot's of time invested just to get one bloody tank.

Selling it for bonds will be bit of a mixed emotions for me tbh, on one hands I went through hell to get one, on the other, will gladly accept one for bonds and not wait around hours just to play couple of matches.

fwhaatpiraat #17 Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55666 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
The people that want to get a tier x reward tank (surprisingly usually the 907 or chieftain), but don't want to invest time into getting better, don't want the tank. It's like claiming you want to run a marathon, but without training properly for it. Or claiming to become a millionaire, without doing any education or entrepreneurship.

Cobra6 #18 Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16505 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postxx984, on 11 July 2019 - 11:28 AM, said:

pretty sure you could by them for gold no? Remember seeing something like that for IS-5

but then again correct me if i am wrong, i was not playing CW then.

Well, yes you *COULD* buy them for gold, but only if you had played the CW campaign but didn't make the initial 8000 (?) spots, people on spot 8001=>12000 (?) could buy it for gold.

It was never up for sale for gold to "regular" players.

Cobra 6

TheDrownedApe #19 Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 48407 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

They better not sell my beloved and rare T23E3

:teethhappy:

ValkyrionX #20 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50524 battles
  • [NOPAS] NOPAS

I would agree with you, only it is not clear why the wg has no longer given the opportunity to win the CW tier 8 tanks

So after so many years selling them for bonds I don't think it's such a wrong choice

If they did it with the  tiers X then yes that would be a problem...with tanks so old and above all tier 8 I think it is absolutely acceptable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users