Team Battles to be discontinued with 1.6

Team Battle

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: Team Battles to be discontinued with 1.6 (362 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you agree that Team Battles should be discontinued?

1. No! KEEP Team Battles mode! (297 votes [82.04%])

Percentage of vote: 82.04%

2. Yes, Team Battles have no place in WoT (28 votes [7.73%])

Percentage of vote: 7.73%

3. What is Team Battles? (37 votes [10.22%])

Percentage of vote: 10.22%

Vote Hide poll

undutchable80 #1 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:50 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

As per title: https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/team-battles-discontinued/

First off, I didnt play TBs, but I know many in my clan were always looking forward to playing it. Some even logged on to the game just for that mode. Reading our clan chat afterwards always made me smile, since these guys had FUN. No matter if they won or lost - FUN. Now WG have announced they intend to discontinue the mode with update 1.6.

The reason behind it (still unclear to me) is: [...while World of Tanks evolved, Team Battles didn't follow and became a niche, outdated mode with no progression or goals- And what is wrong with that? Its a niche - awesome! No Goals? Sweet! Not everything has to be about goals, stats, rewards etc! Just something different than mainstream Randoms and the competitve modes...

And some of the suggested other modes are just laughable:

Tournaments? No thx, we are a fun clan, not a competitive one.

Stronghold? Again, no thx

Frontline? 1 week per month, and not even remotely similar to TBs

Ranked? The gold spamming campfest at Tier X? Didnt know you could do 7 vs 7 in that mode, or play it with T8 tanks...

I know we have a discussion page in the announcement section (http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/712983-team-battles-mode-discontinued/), but what are your thoughts? And please use the voting button (not that I honestly think it will matter - but hey - gotta try for my clanmates :honoring:)

~Dutch

r00barb #2 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26761 battles
Don't get rid of team battles, bring the map layouts into randoms as an alternate game mode with the option to disable, same as encounter and assault. Removing content for the sake of it doesn't make sense.

Fenrisian #3 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 12629 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Team battles are the best bit of this game. Why ruin it? 

onderschepper #4 Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 2141 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

The game has too few game modes as is, removing one of those few seems counter intuitive.

All of these upcoming changes are beginning to feel like pieces of a metaphorical jigsaw puzzle coming together, with some greater purpose when they are all combined in 1.6.

What that maybe is still unclear.

Mimos_A #5 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28682 battles
  • [SPESH] SPESH
I never play them, I personally think there about as fun as running frontally into a driving bus. But if people like them I see no reason being against their existence.

eldrak #6 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:10 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50546 battles
  • [GR-W] GR-W

Team battles is a fun mode. But the really fun mode was ranked team battles.

Still annoyed that they scrapped that, it was easily the best mode in wot.

Jumping_Turtle #7 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 67343 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT
They just remove the only mode where you can have fun and relaxed gameplay with your clanmates.

Not every player likes those tryhard options you provide as alternatives Wargaming.

Balc0ra #8 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:14 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 70974 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostFenrisian, on 11 July 2019 - 02:56 PM, said:

Team battles are the best bit of this game. Why ruin it? 

Becuase no one really plays it anymore. Tbh it died out years ago. So I'm amazed it's still around.

You can blame WG a bit for it too. As they never really did anything to it after they launched it to make it more valid with each meta. 

Henriques #9 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 47367 battles
  • [GOP] GOP

7 vs 7 in Team Battles and ESL was the best fun I had in this game as a whole. 

rip eSports legacy 

Edited by Henriques, 11 July 2019 - 03:20 PM.

StinkyStonky #10 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

Major

• Player
  • 32938 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

This is a BS move.

The 7v7 mode allows small groups (effectively a 7 team platoon) to play tier 8s in a clan style game.

It is a place where low stat clans/players can meet similar standard teams and still have team based fun.

Just as with the BS WG fed us with Pref MM tanks, WG haven't provided a reason for making this change.

There are hints ... 

• "most engaged players" - Are they saying it's not played very much ?
  • "special format ... not used in other game modes"  - So what ?  Maintenance overhead ?
  • "niche, outdated mode with no progression or goals" - Just fun !!  Oh, you mean no ability for WG to milk revenue from it ?
  • "doesn't currently sync with our current core formats" - sorry what ?  "doesn't sync" - meaningless words.  You mean it provides variety rather than being yet another, exactly the same mode ?
  • "we want to offer you alternative" - great, there's going to be a replacement ...
    • "Tournaments" - great, can I play these every night at any time and just join any team that will accept me ?  Or is it once in a blue moon at a very specific time against exceptionally dedicated unicorns ? --- So, COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DIFFERENT
    • "Strongholds" - Similar but certainly not new.  The 7v7 is tier 6, Tier 8 is 10v10, why not add 7v7 tier 8 as a replacement ?  Oh, and make Personal Reserves Work FFS.
    • Frontlines - You're having a laugh.  A once a month, week long marathon of 30 random players.  How does that help me and my 7-8 buddies tonight ?
    • Ranked Battles - Now you're just taking the P1ss.  An ePeen willy waving, unicorn mode at Tier 10 only, from a Random selection of supposedly similar ranked players.  Runs 2-3 times a years, not EVERY NIGHT.

I wonder what WG's real reasons are.

Gruff_ #11 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19407 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Team battles is such a good fun game mode, hidden away and not promoted by WG at all for years so many newer people probably don't even know of it's existence it can be so much better than randoms. 

The only thing killing it off is the predictable meta of Defenders, Progettos, load a premium tank or gtfo.  Well who is to blame for that balance issue?

What are you doing the game, so many times people have grinded lines for you to remove tanks / change class / you're taking out risk reward elements and immersion with no team damage / you're removing a mode plenty of people enjoy / constantly making corridor flat td/heavy maps / took away dynamic platoons / took away scout MM.

Soon this game will be send us £100 and log in to your garage to just look at your tanks and drive them in a field for 5 minutes.  What are you thinking, seriously, the direction you are taking the game towards is pants.

arthurwellsley #12 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 53843 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

1. Team battles have been through various versions. I have played many of them.

2. ESL team battles were also fun and rewarding.

3. Team battles remain as a poorly promoted legacy which is a shame. Sure there is no reward or progression but they were still fun.

4. WG changed Strongholds from casual to tryhard. At that time I felt there reasoning was valid (I know some forumites disagree).

5. Removing Team battles is very much a lost oppurtunity. WG could have done so much more with the mode. For instance making Team battles either tier VII or tier IX would really have given them a niche different from other modes and increased the popularity.

6. I believe removing Team battles is a real lost oppurtunity for WG.

Jumping_Turtle #13 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 67343 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostStinkyStonky, on 11 July 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

I wonder what WG's real reasons are.

Must be something to do with money. It is always about money with Wargaming. They dont want us to have a good time and fun. They want our money. And lots of it.

Dava_117 #14 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22002 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Doing TB is one of the best, if not THE best clan activity I allways had.

SH are just a worst version of TB for tryhards in meta tanks carrying full gold loadout and premium consumables. Guess this is the key words: fullgold and premium consumables.

If you really care about players having fun, wich this decision is definitely showing you don't, why don't you balance SH to be closer to TB instead?

Edited by Dava_117, 11 July 2019 - 03:47 PM.

BlackBloodBandit #15 Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5528 battles
I haven't played them for some time now, but I like to play them, as you can do some nice training on your crew or getting last pieces of modules for your tier 8 tank. I see no reason to remove it, as a lot of players still enjoy to play the mode. The only problem that I have is to find teams that speak English and don't exclude players that are not only of their own nation.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22002 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 11 July 2019 - 03:51 PM, said:

I haven't played them for some time now, but I like to play them, as you can do some nice training on your crew or getting last pieces of modules for your tier 8 tank. I see no reason to remove it, as a lot of players still enjoy to play the mode. The only problem that I have is to find teams that speak English and don't exclude players that are not only of their own nation.

If we manage to make WG change idea, feel free to check the dinger recruitment thread. We do a lot of TBs.

:)

Homer_J #17 Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postundutchable80, on 11 July 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

The reason behind it (still unclear to me) is: [...while World of Tanks evolved, Team Battles didn't follow and became a niche, outdated mode with no progression or goals- And what is wrong with that? Its a niche - awesome! No Goals? Sweet! Not everything has to be about goals, stats, rewards etc! Just something different than mainstream Randoms and the competitve modes...

Yet they plug away at fail modes which they have to bribe people to play.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:40 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22002 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Started a discussion thread in the italian language section too, linking this thread for voting at the poll. Let's hope the comunity can be vocal enought to change WG mind! :izmena:

mpf1959 #19 Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25105 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 July 2019 - 03:14 PM, said:

Becuase no one really plays it anymore. Tbh it died out years ago. So I'm amazed it's still around.

People do play it, some of us play tb's every week, so that statement is false. WG even say that they know some players still like it, so anyway say theyre taking it away. There is no positive in their actions.

15:46 Added after 2 minutes

View PostDava_117, on 11 July 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Started a discussion thread in the italian language section too, linking this thread for voting at the poll. Let's hope the comunity can be vocal enought to change WG mind! :izmena:

Here's hoping so! :B

undutchable80 #20 Posted 11 July 2019 - 04:51 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 10846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDava_117, on 11 July 2019 - 04:40 PM, said:

Good idea! Any French, Spanish and German speakers wanna drop a similar link in those respective section? 

Also tagged with Team Battle

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users