impact angle mechanics problem

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

brkalija #1 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 30280 battles

I think that there is a problem with penetration mechanic if you shoot from elevated position relative to target. For instance, sloped armor on Emil's turret or E75 front plate should become rather flat when you shoot from close and above (e.g. Mines) , should be possible to pen with 170+ gun. Never happened. Or opposite situation, I always manage to pen side armor (or even side turret) of almost any tank shooting from river up to bridge on Mountain Pass, even when I am almost right under the bridge. Also, arty should pen more often when shell hits e.g. 60 deg sloped armor of frontal plate considering that its basically very often close to 90 deg impact angle. Somehow, I think that game often "ignores" vertical angling, counts only horizontal.

Any toughs?

4nt #2 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27842 battles
Haven't had such problems, mybe lateral slope has affected your aim?

NUKLEAR_SLUG #3 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:32 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33093 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
I'm going to put it down to operator error because I think if there was a problem more people would have noticed by now, but why don't you go test it in a training room if you think there is something up because then you would be able to easily replicate any result. 

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #4 Posted 12 July 2019 - 02:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8704 battles

Emils are a pet hate tank for me because you never know what you're going to get

Defenders Bobjects EBRs are a doddle compared to Emils

Sometimes they are made of butter, other times impenetrable

Had one tonight, low hp Emil and I raced over the ridge in my T54Mod1 having put a gold round up the spout "cos its an emil" and I caught him side on, only at a slight angle

Fire! straight into his side

...and nothing

I had to check my reload to see if I had even fired a shot

Meanwhile he pumped a couple into me and sent me back to the garage [edited edited edited]

Jauhesammutin #5 Posted 12 July 2019 - 08:55 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23502 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

View Postbrkalija, on 12 July 2019 - 01:12 AM, said:

I think that there is a problem with penetration mechanic if you shoot from elevated position relative to target. For instance, sloped armor on Emil's turret or E75 front plate should become rather flat when you shoot from close and above (e.g. Mines) , should be possible to pen with 170+ gun. Never happened. Or opposite situation, I always manage to pen side armor (or even side turret) of almost any tank shooting from river up to bridge on Mountain Pass, even when I am almost right under the bridge. Also, arty should pen more often when shell hits e.g. 60 deg sloped armor of frontal plate considering that its basically very often close to 90 deg impact angle. Somehow, I think that game often "ignores" vertical angling, counts only horizontal.

Any toughs?

Emil I's turret front is 180mm and E75's frontal plate is 160mm so with a 170mm gun it's basically 50/50 if you are going to pen them from a 90 degree angle.

VonniVidiVici #6 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:01 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38691 battles

View Postbrkalija, on 12 July 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

Any toughs?

There's no way you're shooting down on an E75's UFP at an angle that doesn't increase its effective armour thickness beyond the 160mm it has, unless you're taking a snap shot while in free fall.

Homer_J #7 Posted 12 July 2019 - 10:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 31717 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postbrkalija, on 12 July 2019 - 02:12 AM, said:

Any toughs?

Do you have a replay?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users