Operation : ARM THE SEALS - aka Fair grinding

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

MrJinksie #1 Posted 12 July 2019 - 11:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2978 battles

Okay, hear me out fellas.

I am sure most of you love this game but how many times have you been grinding the middle tier tanks with stock modules and no equipment at all? I have been through that and it quite hurts.

So, I can get the fact that it takes time to grind modules, which sometimes cost absurd amount of xp to get even competitive gun or engine, let this slide but if I like a certain tank, for example I love VK30.01P, but I had to pay same amount of credits for equipment (Rammer,Optics and Vents) as tier 10 medium tanks? Why tho? 

Here is my suggestion, make equipment costs as certain percent of the tank cost, so if I buy tier 4 matilda, I can equip my tank as I have to be competitive. Now I know that this method will get high tier tanks very pricey to equip, but it can vary tier for tier. Maybe 50% for optics up to tier 6, 40% 7-8, 25% 9-10. IDK, I am pretty sure WG can figure it out.

Now for Arming the seals, I love playing low tiers, Hetzer, Cruiser 2, The mighty Duck, there are pretty fun tanks in low tiers to roll once in a while and I meet some looney lunatics who are fully equipped and literally farming the crop. If this system rolls in, seals will be able to equip themselves and play competitive game, get used to high-tier-like gameplay.

Lets discuss topic below, peacefully, Cheers! :popcorn::B

Negativvv #2 Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:40 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11568 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I roll a reserve of FXP to spend on modules. I never spend it on the actual grind.

I also only change up crews when it's 50% off re training...

EdvinE20 #3 Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:41 AM

Warrant Officer

• Community Contributor
  • 38574 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-

Hey! I asked eekeeboo at WG and he told me that it's an old system (So I assume it might be updated at some point in the future) and that the system works in this current way to make it easier to make the equipment easier to move over to new tanks you research. If the equipment cost was different depending on tier of tank, you would be forced to sell or destroy the equipment every time you unlock and buy a new tank. I assume WG could fix this by simply letting you pay a little more credits to put the same equipment on the next tank for example. Maybe in the future. Who knows? :unsure:

Also! Having cheap equipment at low tier might be great for new players, but it would make it even easier for the seal clubbers who have the knowledge how to use it! 

MrJinksie #4 Posted 13 July 2019 - 12:43 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2978 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 13 July 2019 - 12:40 AM, said:

I roll a reserve of FXP to spend on modules. I never spend it on the actual grind.

I also only change up crews when it's 50% off re training...

Yeah, but FXP grind is simply pointless if you dont play good amount of battles in prem tanks/dont have booster/dont have prem time.

I would love to use those %offs but I dont play everyday and I always miss those, damnit. And crew system is one of the stupid Ive seen in any game tbh.

23:46 Added after 3 minutes

View PostEdvinE20, on 13 July 2019 - 12:41 AM, said:

Hey! I asked eekeeboo at WG and he told me that it's an old system (So I assume it might be updated at some point in the future) and that the system works in this current way to make it easier to make the equipment easier to move over to new tanks you research. If the equipment cost was different depending on tier of tank, you would be forced to sell or destroy the equipment every time you unlock and buy a new tank. I assume WG could fix this by simply letting you pay a little more credits to put the same equipment on the next tank for example. Maybe in the future. Who knows? :unsure:

Also! Having cheap equipment at low tier might be great for new players, but it would make it even easier for the seal clubbers who have the knowledge how to use it! 

Thanks for showing up dude!!! Massive respect!.

I hope they do something, its really ancient LOL. For the last point tho, clubbers already abuse the system, cost does not matter for them so why dont give seals chance to at least get used to equipment? My brother's first question was about equipment when he rolled in the game. He got toolbox from tutorial, which is free 250K and its nice but ...

At least I hope they will do something about equipment, crew system is very old too, new skills would be nice and give arty damn smoke shells and flares already, duh :justwait:

onderschepper #5 Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:02 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2060 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

View PostMrJinksie, on 13 July 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

clubbers already abuse the system

I started my Alt (but technically main) account today, and during the first 10 battles where new users are meant to be isolated there were players with Campaign Badges next to their names - with that many battles completed, one can only imagine the Crew and Equipment they had on their Tier III tanks.

If there was some form of allowance with regard to Equipment it may somewhat help to even the odds. :)

MrJinksie #6 Posted 13 July 2019 - 01:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2978 battles

View Postonderschepper, on 13 July 2019 - 01:02 AM, said:

I started my Alt (but technically main) account today, and during the first 10 battles where new users are meant to be isolated there were players with Campaign Badges next to their names - with that many battles completed, one can only imagine the Crew and Equipment they had on their Tier III tanks.

If there was some form of allowance with regard to Equipment it may somewhat help to even the odds. :)

I have been playing on NA server for 5 years, its dead and moved to EU. I started peaceful grinding and then M2 Light Platoon showed up, killed all 15 of us and ended battle in 3 minutes. That was fun for sure. WG should really implement some kind of MM regulations for lower tiers with WoT Score, since WN8 is not part of the game. We need something, I love this game and new players are key to keep it alive, if we dont respect them and care about them, every server will share the faith of NA and it really saddens me. I have wasted 6 years already and couple K bucks too..

Negativvv #7 Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:05 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11568 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostMrJinksie, on 13 July 2019 - 12:43 AM, said:

Yeah, but FXP grind is simply pointless if you dont play good amount of battles in prem tanks/dont have booster/dont have prem time.

I would love to use those %offs but I dont play everyday and I always miss those, damnit. And crew system is one of the stupid Ive seen in any game tbh.

23:46 Added after 3 minutes

I roll with WoT PA, don't really buy much else. I have some decent Prem Tanks and I've spent a bit the last 2 Xmas.

But I'll likely only be spending money on WoT PA from now on. I've got enough gold to ease my grinds for the small selection of Tech Tree tanks that I actually want.

Then it's a case of playing until I 3 Mark all I want to or I'm bored of playing...

Bordhaw #8 Posted 13 July 2019 - 10:36 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14128 battles

View PostMrJinksie, on 12 July 2019 - 10:55 PM, said:

but how many times have you been grinding the middle tier tanks with stock modules and no equipment at all? 

Never

ExclamationMark #9 Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16785 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD
Yes, I would love to see the seal clubbers come here and cry. ^^

MPV_11 #10 Posted 13 July 2019 - 02:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34116 battles

View PostMrJinksie, on 12 July 2019 - 11:43 PM, said:

Today's the day!!!

So log in and spend all your hard earned gold on boosting discounted free XP

MrJinksie #11 Posted 13 July 2019 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2978 battles

View PostMPV_11, on 13 July 2019 - 02:51 PM, said:

Today's the day!!!

So log in and spend all your hard earned gold on boosting discounted free XP

Thanks. Ill for sure use all of my 1100 gold lol. It can get me 35K I suppose

Miepie #12 Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3511 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostEdvinE20, on 13 July 2019 - 12:41 AM, said:

Yeah, as MrJinksie already phrased differently: I don't think that point will make any difference. I am a n00b with a low battle count and profoundly mediocre skills, and I manage to make 400k credits on a weekday evening and around 2M credits during a regular weekend. My in-game economy is fine as long as I stick to making large purchases when there are consumables and equipment discounts. Your average sealclubber right now has no trouble raising 750k credits to fully equip a tank; if that changes to 375k for a low-tier tank, they'll save some credits, but their tanks are already fully equipped right now.

Personally, I wouldn't mind/notice if we can no longer move equipment between tanks. I keep all my tanks, I equip all my tanks (and keep them equipped) and only very, very rarely get impatient enough to move equipment from one tank to another instead of waiting for a discount (and yes, that includes camo nets and binoculars - I just like to have my tanks ready for action instead of having to first move stuff around).

It might affect the fresh newbies, though, who only have one set of binoculars (generally from an invite code?), one camo net (from a newbie mission) and one toolbox (from the tutorial) and a seriously low credit income. Tiers 1, 2 and 3 are not awesome credit makers if you have no skills.

BlackBloodBandit #13 Posted 13 July 2019 - 04:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5498 battles

View PostMrJinksie, on 13 July 2019 - 01:07 AM, said:

I have been playing on NA server for 5 years, its dead and moved to EU. I started peaceful grinding and then M2 Light Platoon showed up, killed all 15 of us and ended battle in 3 minutes. That was fun for sure. WG should really implement some kind of MM regulations for lower tiers with WoT Score, since WN8 is not part of the game. We need something, I love this game and new players are key to keep it alive, if we dont respect them and care about them, every server will share the faith of NA and it really saddens me. I have wasted 6 years already and couple K bucks too..

So simply, because I'm a good player I would not be allowed to play low tiers, because I start a new line? Doesn't make sense at all.

Also, I received MKA as reward tank and use it to train my light tank crew. I'm allowed to do that and every other player (good or bad) can do that.

It's not my problem that players with much, for example 20k battles, do stat-padding in overpowered low tier tanks and spam full gold.

Miepie #14 Posted 13 July 2019 - 05:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 3511 battles
  • [KEL-O] KEL-O

View PostBlackBloodBandit, on 13 July 2019 - 04:37 PM, said:

So simply, because I'm a good player I would not be allowed to play low tiers, because I start a new line? Doesn't make sense at all.

Also, I received MKA as reward tank and use it to train my light tank crew. I'm allowed to do that and every other player (good or bad) can do that.

It's not my problem that players with much, for example 20k battles, do stat-padding in overpowered low tier tanks and spam full gold.

I'm firmly of the opinion that anyone should be allowed to play any tank they like (and have). But even though most will consider me an unskilled n00b, a current-me in a tier3 vs a beginning-me in a tier3 could still be considered sadistic. Maybe for tiers 1-2-3 keep the high-battle-count players apart from the really, really low battle-count players (500 battles or less?)? 

Someone might say "but what about re-rolls or secondary accounts?", but those players generally have some kind of goal set for themselves and will seldom waste those 500 battles at tiers 1, 2 and 3...

EDIT to add that when I started, sealclubbers were not a problem for me. They were present on the enemy teams (booooooh!), they were present on my teams (hooooraaaay!) and usually at tier3 about 25%-33% of players had a battle count of over 5000 [1]. But I was so oblivious and incompetent that it did not matter whether a sealclubber or a newbie killed me; and I certainly reaped the benefits when they were on my team and gave us a victory.

[1] second edit to provide some chronological background: the Italian line had just been introduced and this meant that at the start you already had a pretty good idea who were experienced players. The ones in an Italian tank were not newbies (because those get to choose between German, Russian and American).

Edited by Miepie, 13 July 2019 - 05:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users