Yet another horrible example of WG thinking? Using loopholes..

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

SweZooT #1 Posted 14 July 2019 - 10:26 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 47442 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

What is wargaming doing to sort these bought spots to get a tank in high ranked clans?
People with 1300wn8 getting in to super clans and getting just the right amount of games the last few days?

Players never been in a clan going to top clans and doing the same?
Why do players even bother to play 100+ games 10 days in a row and get fucked by greedy WG and clans who play on adv front?

Not sure how to put this without using a less.. civil language..

Every time i see your changes to campaign i feel butt F^?ked!
Do you WANT players to play or do you elect to give top clans a easy income?

Naive #2 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1269 battles
Im guessing by the amount of WHO players posting you're campaign didn't go well?

SweZooT #3 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:19 PM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 47442 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Well, i was here every night for 10 days in a row and played pretty much 5 hours straight, i probably miss out on the tank with about 200 places.

And then you see players in the top clans with less then 30 games in the campaign who are nowhere near their requirements and are safe in the top 8k.

You've even seen posts about spots in these clans being sold for €100 or more, with promise of tank.
Is that a good system? Then why dont WG just sell the tanks themselfs? A tank being a reward for effort and dedication, being sold.. sucks imho.

_Henkka #4 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12505 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
[nvm]

Edited by _Henkka, 14 July 2019 - 11:51 PM.

Benistown_GagsoisbisteDD #5 Posted 14 July 2019 - 11:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16876 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

Who knows maybe wg will find 131 cheaters...

btw who left their brand spanking new cheiftain all over who's alley of fame page, not cool dudes:(

WolRa #6 Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 37355 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
I didnt even play 40 games and still got a tank how dose that make you feel? :)

ExclamationMark #7 Posted 15 July 2019 - 12:47 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16788 battles
  • [IDEAD] IDEAD

The salt is real. 

Norstein_Bekker #8 Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 21059 battles
  • [N00T] N00T

Block Quote

Why do players even bother to play 100+ games 10 days in a row and get fucked by greedy WG and clans who play on adv front?

If you play 100+ games and still don't get the reward, I guess the problem is not were you think it is.

SweZooT #9 Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:32 AM

Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 47442 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Wicked amount of internet trolls awake, and strange how PJ are the first to attack the people pointing out the obvious problem, feeling the heat?

View PostWolRa, on 15 July 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

WolRa, i think your missing the point.. you have 533 days in MEME, your obviously not a regular scrub player,
i am happy for you. Sure, life isnt fair, but lets atleast compete on equal terms?! Have WG check and crosscheck IP of the players accounts for the top 100 clans and the last 12 days. I am sure we're going to find alot of interesting stuff.. (accountcharing, accountboosting etc..) 

xx984 #10 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 62470 battles
  • [MVPS] MVPS

Its a  reward tank. Why do you think you should be rewarded for not doing good enough? 

Thats just how it is. You may have been there everynight, But you wasn't doing very well. You won only 49% of those games. Like it or not, you didnt do good enough to get the tank. That has nothing to do with 'bought spots' Not saying that is not an issue. but these clans would be 100 members anyway in the top 8000, so you would of not gotten a tank either way. 

Just do good next campaign and you will get a tank. Simple. 

Naive #11 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1269 battles

View PostSweZooT, on 15 July 2019 - 12:51 AM, said:

*sobbing* I'll have to choose between my 907, vk7201, t95 or M60.. did you just turn this into a pisstaking contest or are you just plain retarded?

Ok... so why could you get all those tanks in previous campaigns and not in this one?

BagetHatesJuice #12 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:20 AM

Private

• Player
  • 26544 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

_Crusad3r_ #13 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32644 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
I mean if you missed out on a tank by a close margin then yeah I would feel bad but at the same time you really can't expect to play basic all campaign and also get a tank - you need to play advanced at some point even in the last 3-4 days otherwise you're just making it very unlikely that you will even get close to a tank regardless if 50-100 people pay for a spot in a clan. That's down to poor clan management that you didn't play advanced or if you did you didn't win enough to make a difference to your players positioning. Even the 3 people in WHO who got into a tank only made it by the skin of their teeth - that's not good management or a good campaign - that's pure luck that the cutoff didn't increase yesterday as much as it has done all campaign. 

CooperatingWitness #14 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 251 battles

First of all I wanna say that you guys from WHO didn't deserve to win a single tank. I've been told by one WHO guys that your problem there is that you plan campaign in details before it starts, making it 100 percent serious, but when it comes to game it is just so weak, there is no quality in combat officers, players, and that is why you completely failed campaign. I mean, when I say in details, I really mean it, from learning how to push, spot, pen and rest of things. Learning that kind of stuff in 2k19 is not something will recommend you for wining tanks. I even got this link, you even record your meetings.

It is so cool, but dont forget, it is all about what you do in battles, and that is where, my dear WHO guys, where you have failed completely. Players, officers, everybody. At least that is what I've heard from one of your guys. 

So, to conclude, you really do  not deserve to win tanks. You can buy rest of stuff for your fame points, but reward tanks, hell no. 

On the other hand, I want to give you full support for mentioning this problem.

We literaly had situation in this campaign, that 3rd placed clan sold (like in previous campaigns) at least 15-20 places. SOLD FOR REAL MONEY. I reported that to WG, and in first report I got response that they will investigate it, and asked me if I can deliever some evidences more. Then I responded with detailed evidences, and after that they closed that report. 

3 days after, I made another report for same topic, and I got generic response that I can report unallowed mods and that there is report system. LOL. 

Day after, I made another one, asked them not to give me generic responses, and especially not generic responses about something completely different from what I was writing about. For that report, again I got generic response, again about mods. What can I say about that. 

Those guys even streamed that all live, playing on that accounts they took for money, they mentioned at least 10 times WG guy - ThePhilX, saying he will help with all if there is any problem. So, it goes LIVE, they have at least 20 accounts, and nothing going on about that. 

And this is WITH WHAT I HAVE PROBLEM - 

So - those are the rules WG WROTE, PUBLISHED! So, if it is allowed to take money from it, then it is ok with me. But if you write that is ''STRICTLY PROHIBITED'', then please, respect your customers, and do something about that. Do not insult our intelligence and write rules you will not respect. Because you can only imagine what we can think about all of you from WG after that. 

Conclusion - if selling places for tanks and global map hero badge is allowed, we are selling it, no problem for me then, but if you write rules and write it is not allowed, then fcking respect your own rules! That is so normal and expected that I even don't know which more simple words to choose to explain it. 

EDIT: So I ask one more time, is there any moderator or some other WG guy who can contact me and allow me to get him DETAILED and STRONG evidences, you will have no dilemma about what was happening. But since you are not interested in solving that, of course nobody will contact me. So please next time don't write your f****** rules if possible, because you will not respect it, why should we even bother to read it. 

Edited by CooperatingWitness, 15 July 2019 - 10:00 AM.

____Green____ #15 Posted 15 July 2019 - 09:53 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 22693 battles
  • [B4LV] B4LV

And all 8k+ can start drop sht on ceiling fan 

StinkyStonky #16 Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:36 AM

Major

• Player
  • 33288 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Congrats to everyone who won a tank.  Commiserations to those who just missed out.

View PostWolRa, on 14 July 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

Out of interest, what do you think is the minimum number of battles it would take you to earn 30k bonds ?  Asking for a friend.

View Postxx984, on 15 July 2019 - 02:24 AM, said:

Like it or not, you didnt do good enough to get the tank. That has nothing to do with 'bought spots' Not saying that is not an issue. but these clans would be 100 members anyway in the top 8000, so you would of not gotten a tank either way. 

That's probably true, but for this campaign WG explicitly wrote it into the rules that selling spaces to win in game goods "will be punished".  It will be interesting to see if just the purchaser is punished or also other clan members.

Out of interest, what's the lowest Personal Rating for a tank winner that you know of ?  I found one with 4200ish.  20k battles, 48% WR (49% in the campaign), 850 WN8, been in his clan 6 months, finished in position 6000ish with 23k fame points after 90ish battles (all on the Basic front).  I don't for a minute think that this player bought their place.

Snoregasm2 #17 Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:57 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34532 battles
  • [CO-MA] CO-MA

View PostStinkyStonky, on 15 July 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

That's probably true, but for this campaign WG explicitly wrote it into the rules that selling spaces to win in game goods "will be punished".  It will be interesting to see if just the purchaser is punished or also other clan members.

That's a tricky issue. The rules talk about individual players being punished, for their actions. Nowhere does it mention (I checked, although please point to somewhere else if I've missed it) players being punished for other players' actions (i.e. clanmates who broke the rules).

Remember, a lot of generic clan members (Privates,  Recruits) have no idea if account sharing is going on or not in their clan, and they certainly don't control it. Should they be punished if it happens? I don't think that's fair.

A fair punishment would be: 1) Ban the accounts that did share, and remove that account's fame points entirely. 2) maybe remove the clan's fame points for battles that person participated in, but leave individual fame points for innocent members.

That way, cheaters lose fame points and clan's lose the multipliers and gold from cheating, but innocent individuals still get their tanks, bonds etc.

_Crusad3r_ #18 Posted 15 July 2019 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32644 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostSnoregasm2, on 15 July 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

That's a tricky issue. The rules talk about individual players being punished, for their actions. Nowhere does it mention (I checked, although please point to somewhere else if I've missed it) players being punished for other players' actions (i.e. clanmates who broke the rules).

Remember, a lot of generic clan members (Privates,  Recruits) have no idea if account sharing is going on or not in their clan, and they certainly don't control it. Should they be punished if it happens? I don't think that's fair.

A fair punishment would be: 1) Ban the accounts that did share, and remove that account's fame points entirely. 2) maybe remove the clan's fame points for battles that person participated in, but leave individual fame points for innocent members.

That way, cheaters lose fame points and clan's lose the multipliers and gold from cheating, but innocent individuals still get their tanks, bonds etc.

Will be even more interested in how WG will manage to go through all that data in what? 2-3 days? I mean they can't postpone people picking their rewards because of a few so to be honest I don't see it being worth their time/effort. 

StinkyStonky #19 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:47 PM

Major

• Player
  • 33288 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostSnoregasm2, on 15 July 2019 - 09:57 AM, said:

You seem to be assuming that WG will handle this fairly or that I am advocating they shouldn't.

I don't know (or care that much) what they do.  They probably wont do very much but if they really want to crack down on this, one way would be to punish clan members.  The fear of that would make other clan members more diligent.

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 15 July 2019 - 12:40 PM, said:

Will be even more interested in how WG will manage to go through all that data in what? 2-3 days? 

They'll have some Database queries that will identify suspicious accounts immediately.  The one I found (PR of 4200) would be trivial to find, but the fact that it has been in the clan for 6 months playing Advances, etc. also makes it very easy to dismiss.  2-3 days is loads of time.

Snoregasm2 #20 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 34532 battles
  • [CO-MA] CO-MA

View PostStinkyStonky, on 15 July 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

You seem to be assuming that WG will handle this fairly or that I am advocating they shouldn't.

I don't know (or care that much) what they do.  They probably wont do very much but if they really want to crack down on this, one way would be to punish clan members.  The fear of that would make other clan members more diligent.

I'm not assuming either of those things - fairness and WG rarely go hand in hand, in fact. I'm merely suggesting that:

1. WG's own rules make no mentioned of punishing players for the transgressions and rule violations of other players (even if they are in the same clan); and
  2. If they do conduct an investigation (given 1 above) and they do want to punish clans generally, then they should do exactly that - punish the clan, but not innocent individuals within the clan. Hell, they can strip fame points from executive officers or something if they have to. You talk about being more diligent - how can a private who joins clan for a campaign know what the other 99 clan members do? How is it his/her job to police the other 99? It doesn't really make sense if I phrase it like that, does it?

I don't agree with account sharing and it is a very stupid thing to do during a campaign. It is also something done by individuals and the entire clan (who are innocent and haven't done it) should not be punished as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users