WG? EVEN BLOODY ACTIONMAN GOT A SCORPION BRITISH LIGHT TANK !

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

MetalMicky #1 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24840 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

I'm amazed yet NOT surprised as to the stupidity of the WG development team when it comes to promotion or development of new ideas for WOT. 

PLEASE WG, take a look and a long hard listen to YOUR promoters of WOT on YOUTUBE, with regards to the British Light Tanks.

The Mighty Jingles.( Mingles with Jingles episode 293)

Claus Kellerman.(Russian Bias)

Circonflexes.( What are you doing a wargaming-Live review of British light tanks)

DezGamez.( Is this some 200IQ op strategy, wot manticore review)

QuickyBaby.(British Lights are USELESS in World of Tanks!)

These are but a few WELL KNOWN AND RESPECTED WOT players and promoters.

THEY CANT BE ALL WRONG.

GET IT SORTED !!!!!!!

Respect to ALL PLAYERS. 

Kartoshkaya #2 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26981 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
Nobody cares

If_I_Die_You_Die_Too #3 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10824 battles
When it makes zero money things will change

TheDrownedApe #4 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 49070 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

yeah ppl just wont want to play them, therefore no free exp used to grind tanks/modules, therefore no gold used to convert, therefore no money for WG.

Do you really think they will release them like this?

Do you really think WG don't know that they are under powered?

Edited by TheDrownedApe, 15 July 2019 - 02:38 PM.

malachi6 #5 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:41 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 50920 battles

Assaults the intelligence of the people that created the games he plays.

Asserts a group of people agreeing on a point cannot be wrong.

Uses the argument of authority to promote his viewpoint.

States respect to all players.  While insulting the developers.  This is an oxymoron.

Give me a genuine reason to take you seriously?

IntruderFI #6 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48463 battles

View PostKartoshkaya, on 15 July 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

Nobody cares

There are people who actually do care.

if you don't that is perfectly fine, you can now go back in the cave where you came from.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:56 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles
Whats this rant about? British lights are bad or something? Well, newsflash, most light tanks are bad. With most nations there's usually only just 1 light tank in the line worth bothering with, any more than that's a real bonus. Since the infamous light tank patch, most strong light tanks are gone or nerfed to boring levels of ineffectiveness and pointlessness. Of the few strong light tanks left worth bothering with, most all are auto-loaders and most of them are French, the AMX's and B-C's be they labeled as light tanks or meds they're all basically the same bloody tank lol. But of the single shot light tanks, most are bad and weak tbh apart from a small handful of genuinely strong ones yet even those tend to not make much sense compared to medium tank alternatives so if the British lights are mostly poor or meh, then that's in keeping with most the other nations light tanks too tbh. If they have some combination of attributes such as either speed, agility, high levels of camo, small size and/or big view range then they're already ticking most boxes for a light tank. If one of the tiers was given a decent gun, then you're already doing better than many other light tanks. 

pecopad #8 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28880 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostKartoshkaya, on 15 July 2019 - 02:28 PM, said:

Nobody cares

Maybe all he players that know nothing about tanks, specially those who think Tigers and Panthers and Leopards are the best tanks ever made.

All the players who actually care about tanks will care about this...

4nt #9 Posted 15 July 2019 - 02:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28783 battles
I'd be more conserned about the fact that br lights are marketed as tanks with good firepower and view range, neither of which they have.

bitslice #10 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23946 battles

It's pretty bad when not even Quickbaby is shameless enough to shill for Wargaming.

But then nearly everything on the British tech tree is junk or a Tog meme.

I can only imagine that they consider Light Tanks to be a dead mechanic along with Arty,

and just want the suckers to buy into their new World of Object meta

bitslice #11 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23946 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 15 July 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

Assaults the intelligence of the people that created the games he plays.

Asserts a group of people agreeing on a point cannot be wrong.

Uses the argument of authority to promote his viewpoint.

States respect to all players.  While insulting the developers.  This is an oxymoron.

Give me a genuine reason to take you seriously?

It's reasonable to use authority to promote a viewpoint if everyone agrees to respect those authorities,

and certainly for QB he did take the time to support his point with comparison data.

Here we only have you deciding that none of those people are worth listening to...

That's not really an oxymoron, EA Games / Blizzard proved that while they might play their own game, they do not necessarily have the same agenda or expectations as the actual game buying public.

WG does do a lot of stupid things, either because they are in fact stupid, or game development by Russian biased committee is flawed and ostensibly produces stupid results for non Russian players.

I think we would all like to hear your reasoned defence of the new British Light Tank line.

Edited by bitslice, 15 July 2019 - 03:22 PM.

Kartoshkaya #12 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26981 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

View PostIntruderFI, on 15 July 2019 - 02:53 PM, said:

There are people who actually do care.

if you don't that is perfectly fine, you can now go back in the cave where you came from.

No, you don't care.

People always cry when new tanks are added.

When it's op, they cry, when it's not they cry, when it's russian they riot.

So no, you don't care at all, you only cry. As a proof, you just reply to me and add nothing to the thread, all you do is crying like a little girl, never happy from what they get. 

See you in the next thread crying about power creep little girl.

pecopad #13 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28880 battles
  • [UGN] UGN

View PostKartoshkaya, on 15 July 2019 - 03:40 PM, said:

No, you don't care.

People always cry when new tanks are added.

When it's op, they cry, when it's not they cry, when it's russian they riot.

So no, you don't care at all, you only cry. As a proof, you just reply to me and add nothing to the thread, all you do is crying like a little girl, never happy from what they get. 

See you in the next thread crying about power creep little girl.

You are failing to see the point. But I can try to explain, imagine if EA released a Fifa game where Barcelona sucked, or Messi and Ronaldo were just normal players...

Maybe some of the Fifa players would not care, but those who love football would.

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 25538 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View Postbitslice, on 15 July 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

But then nearly everything on the British tech tree is junk or a Tog meme.

Can't take anyone seriously who thinks this is true.

Tortoise: arguably one of the best tier IXs.

Badger: Solid TD and one of the best constant damage dealers.

Caernarvon, Conq, Super Conq : Amongst the best tanks in their tier.

Cromwell: One of the greatest ever tanks in its tier, still one of the most popular.

Cent 7/1 and Cent AX: Not great, but certainly not bad tanks. Useable.

FV4005: One of the most feared tanks in the game.

This is not to say the lights are anything good, they're trash, but claims that british vehicles are bad in general are complete nonsense.

Edited by RamRaid90, 15 July 2019 - 03:53 PM.

HaZardeur #15 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 36658 battles
*edited*

Edited by Daxeno, 15 July 2019 - 07:19 PM.
Off-topic remarks.

Kartoshkaya #16 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26981 battles
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-

View Postpecopad, on 15 July 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

You are failing to see the point. But I can try to explain, imagine if EA released a Fifa game where Barcelona sucked, or Messi and Ronaldo were just normal players...

Maybe some of the Fifa players would not care, but those who love football would.

Except Messi and Ronaldo are great players. British tanks ? Hmmmmm....

NekoPuffer_PPP #17 Posted 15 July 2019 - 03:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33774 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostMetalMicky, on 15 July 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

I'm amazed yet NOT surprised as to the stupidity of the WG development team when it comes to promotion or development of new ideas for WOT. 

PLEASE WG, take a look and a long hard listen to YOUR promoters of WOT on YOUTUBE, with regards to the British Light Tanks.

The Mighty Jingles.( Mingles with Jingles episode 293)

Claus Kellerman.(Russian Bias)

Circonflexes.( What are you doing a wargaming-Live review of British light tanks)

DezGamez.( Is this some 200IQ op strategy, wot manticore review)

QuickyBaby.(British Lights are USELESS in World of Tanks!)

These are but a few WELL KNOWN AND RESPECTED WOT players and promoters.

THEY CANT BE ALL WRONG.

GET IT SORTED !!!!!!!

Respect to ALL PLAYERS. 

And?

Did you actually watch Dez's video? Did you see his game on airfield? None of those tanks in the middle could spot him in his position up north. Only when they got really close. You think that's rubbish? Oh wow, the light tank was spotting, imagine that, it was doing what it was intended to do...

Edited by NekoPuffer_PPP, 15 July 2019 - 04:00 PM.

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30631 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 15 July 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

Can't take anyone seriously who thinks this is true.

Tortoise: arguably one of the best tier IXs.

Badger: Solid TD and one of the best constant damage dealers.

Caernarvon, Conq, Super Conq : Amongst the best tanks in their tier.

Cromwell: One of the greatest ever tanks in its tier, still one of the most popular.

Cent 7/1 and Cent AX: Not great, but certainly not bad tanks. Useable.

FV4005: One of the most feared tanks in the game.

This is not to say the lights are anything good, they're trash, but claims that british vehicles are bad in general are complete nonsense.

Yes and don't forget the Sherman 3 derp is great fun, very strong for it's tier, the firefly is a TD like med, takes a Vstab and very effective at punching holes in tanks with high pen while the Charioteer is one of my favorite and one most versatile TD's in the game featuring a turret, high levels of camo, good speed, high pen as standard and railgun shell velocity with some big dpm too.

I just glanced at the British lights. From Tier8 onward, really bad dpm, really high levels of camo with decent mobility and average view range with really high standard pen, better than many tier8 meds and heavies standard pen. For me, what that means is these lights are supposed to be played(and I cringe at the thought) the most hated way for all teammates to see a light tank on their team being used, which is as a TD. Am I for real? well, that's what the stats would suggest. It looks like they want players to take these high pen, decent shell velocity, low dpm tanks, which can't fight close quarters... to load up with(omg cringe) binos, rammer and maybe even a camo net lol.... and sit in a bush at range with its high camo and high standard pen, and knock ranged shots into tanks like some sort of really bad TD sort of thing... meanwhile the other team has an EBR. 

So basically these Brit lights with those stats are going to be playing the redline TD game with light tanks, yay, the fun for their teammates is going to be amazing.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 15 July 2019 - 04:03 PM.

15JG52Brauer #19 Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:03 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 81301 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
I was triggered initally by the fact that we didnt get tanks like the Scorpion or the Scimitat in the line, then when I played them on the common test server I got triggered a 2nd time, as there would be little to no point in grinding them - why is it that currentley WG only seems to have 2 balance settings - OP or UP - there is no true middle ground it seems - and if they take some of the suggestions from people like Circon then they could make these a nice balanced line, worth playing, and without making them OP.  I hope they at least do something, as I was looking forward to a new line to grind, but I don't want to punish myself playing them like they are on the public test.
15:05 Added after 1 minute

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 July 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

So basically these Brit lights with those stats are going to be playing the redline TD game with light tanks, yay, the fun for their teammates is going to be amazing.

I think you found why they have to remove team damage in 1.6 lol

Edited by 15JG52Brauer, 15 July 2019 - 04:06 PM.

VonniVidiVici #20 Posted 15 July 2019 - 04:05 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 38759 battles
I'm wondering if this is a setup just so that WG can say they listen to the community when these things get their real stats.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users